Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,063 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! (70601 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by codedguy1(m): 4:03pm On May 06, 2009
superstar1:

@ Sauron

Nice formation but i will rather move CR7 to 7 and tevev as my lone striker, thereby pining Albidal to the back and rooney will pin Alves to the back. this will reduce the pressure they might want to pile on us

Exactly, i think CR7 also likes playing behind somebody, anybody grin grin to be used as a decoy.

Citey?? Who are they? grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by tkb417(m): 4:06pm On May 06, 2009
Exactly, i think CR7 also likes playing behind somebody, anybody to be used as a decoy.

Citey?? Who are they?
hehehe
we sha must win by force
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Emperoh(m): 4:22pm On May 06, 2009
Two league wins to our 18th league title.
I am just happy these guys understand what is at stake!!
I give kudos to the scouses though, for putting up a good fight.
I had expected to see the Chavs right on our heels. Just thats benitez opened his plaque infested mouth
To yarn gibberish!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Nobody: 5:35pm On May 06, 2009
Turns out that CR7 is deadlier as a 9 than as a winger.It explains the 42 goals he scored last season.
That's why I don't like Tevez's chances of staying with United next year.He can't play the lone striker's role well enough to confine CR7 to the wings.
be prepared to see Ron play that role more often in the season run-in.With Roo down the left (never seen a more selfles player-that boi's a gem!),chances will come.And with CR in this form,he can hardly miss.i bet his next challenge will be to score from a goalkick!
We could use Park down the right.His running is an asset,and Abidal isn't exatly the most-asured left back in the world.Park will trouble him.tht is for sure.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by BinghiNya(m): 6:04pm On May 06, 2009
Nice work done by the boys. Gay men will now allow us rest. I want to see what Arshavin will do against eckersley,fabio,rafael and o'shea cos we won't field our first 14 players.

The team to meet Arsenal

Kuszcak

Rafeal O'shea Eckersley Fabio

possebon Gibson Macheda nani

Tevez Welbeck
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by ehie007(m): 6:06pm On May 06, 2009
i fink SAF should be relishing the option of fielding CR7 as a top striker for next season, wiv Rooney on d wide left and anybody on the right, wiv anderson in the middle supporting, we will be unstopable, we are going for the fourh season league win in a row,
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by tkb417(m): 6:08pm On May 06, 2009
NyaBinghi
na wa for u o grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by allboyz(m): 6:29pm On May 06, 2009
BinghiNya:

Nice work done by the boys. Gay men will now allow us rest. I want to see what Arshavin will do against eckersley,fabio,rafael and o'shea cos we won't field our first 14 players.

The team to meet Arsenal

Kuszcak

Tevez Welbeck

Your coach can not try it!!!!!!!! DEM NEVER BORN AM WELL . . . infact,if he had 4 CR 7's,he will play them to win . . the game may change the league standings and location of the EPL trophy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by chikeobi(m): 6:46pm On May 06, 2009
allboyz:

Your coach can not try it!!!!!!!! DEM NEVER BORN AM WELL . . . infact,if he had 4 CR 7's,he will play them to win . . the game may change the league standings and location of the EPL trophy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
B4 this game i think the EPL has already been settled. No worry Tevez wun't play we gonna bring another guy from feeder to take the salute from Fab4 and Coy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by BinghiNya(m): 6:50pm On May 06, 2009
Those boys will play a draw with Arsenal like they did with chelsea some couple of years back when it ended in a goalless draw.

I will be made to see arsenal mount a guard of honour for our kids
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by allboyz(m): 7:25pm On May 06, 2009
chikeobi:

[b]B4 this game i think the EPL has already been settle[/b]d. No worry Tevez wun't play we gonna bring another guy from feeder to take the salute from Fab4 and Coy

go and check your stats again and then,reply me wink grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by superstar1(m): 8:11pm On May 06, 2009
if Arsenal win the UCL with those kids, it will be a big ridicule of the Cup.kids participate in competitions, men win the trophies
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Phony200(m): 10:34pm On May 06, 2009
With the way today's match went, I'm not so sorry about the Fletcher issue anymore. Barca's going to miss both full backs. I think that more than balances the loss. May 27 cometh!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Cristalz(f): 11:28pm On May 06, 2009
Looking forward to having both Messi and Ronaldo on the same pitch showing skillz. . .Evra has got WORK to do.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Phony200(m): 11:51pm On May 06, 2009
Winner takes home the world player award too even though Messi already has the golden boot on lockdown but it's a final made in football dreamland.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by puskin: 1:19am On May 07, 2009
My man. U. Alwayz biz like(futbal). They alwayz knw wats @stake nd they deliver no matter d odds. My nickname 4dem is "ERT".
Emergency Response Team
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Tmoni(m): 5:26am On May 07, 2009
BinghiNya:

The team to meet Arsenal

Kuszcak

Tevez Welbeck

:@BinghiNya, dat ur formation be as e get ooooo,
most likely HULL facing those kids, even if nothing is at stake,
Bragging rights arethings we want to always hold on to
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Sauron1: 12:43pm On May 07, 2009

[size=22pt]Fletcher gets final hope[/size]

United may try to overturn red card

Uefa general secretary David Taylor has suggested that there could be some hope for Darren Fletcher to feature in the UEFA Champions League final.
The Scottish midfielder was dismissed in the latter stages of Manchester United's second-leg triumph over Arsenal on Tuesday.
He challenged Cesc Fabrgeas in the box and was adjudged to have fouled the Spaniard, although television replays confirm that he won the ball fairly.
Uefa rules differ to the Premier League, and Europe's governing body do not allow appeals over red cards other than in a case of mistaken identity.
But Taylor intimated that after conversation with Sir Alex Ferguson, there maybe an avenue United can go down to get Fletcher's ban overturned.

"I have spoken with Alex Ferguson personally on this - as fate would have it we shared a car after the match. We were rather thrown together but had an interesting discussion," Taylor told The Sun.
"He was very fair about the referee and what had happened but equally he was very disappointed for Darren, as are we all.
"I tried to give Alex as much advice as I could with regards the procedure in these circumstances.
"There is no formal process. But if the club want to write to us with information - such as video evidence - explaining why they think this is a harsh punishment then they can do that.
"The likelihood is that we'd then refer the matter to our disciplinary body.
"They would then look to see if there were any special circumstances to justify any departure from established procedures.
"I must stress there is normally no way these matters can be overturned."

Bloody UEFA rogues. . . . . . .
From "Fletcher's red card WILL stand" to "United can appeal"
Naturally, they will offer Barcelona the same life line to overturn Abidal's red card so Barcelona can play a stronger defence in Rome.
We shall see.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Emperoh(m): 12:52pm On May 07, 2009
After someone will come to say Man U is fraudulent
Abidal is on red and was wrongly sent off
They need him to play against Mancs so therefore Fletcher can appeal!! shocked angry
Anyway it turns out, we'll carry the day!!
Hennings Ovrebo should be shot in the anus for yesternights officiating
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Sauron1: 1:16pm On May 07, 2009
MANCHESTER UNITED'S CHAMPIONS LEAGE UNBEATEN RUN - May 2007 - ?

01. Sporting Lisbon 0 - 1 Manchester United
02. Manchester United 1 - 0 Roma
03. Dynamo Kiev 2 - 4 Manchester United
04. Manchester United 4 - 0 Dynamo Kiev
05. Manchester United 2 - 1 Sporting Lisbon

06. Roma 1 - 1 Manchester United
07. Lyon 1 - 1 Manchester United
08. Manchester United 1 - 0 Lyon
09. Roma 0 - 2 Manchester United
10. Manchester United 1 - 0 Roma

11. Barcelona 0 - 0 Manchester United
12. Manchester United 1 - 0 Barcelona
13. Manchester United 1 - 1 Chelsea
14. Manchester United 0 - 0 Villareal
15. Aalborg 0 - 3 Manchester United

16. Manchester United 3 - 0 Celtic
17. Celtic 1 - 1 Manchester United
18. Villareal 0 - 0 Manchester United
19. Manchester United 2 - 2 Aalborg
20. Inter Milan 0 - 0 Manchester United

21. Manchester United 2 - 0 Inter Milan
22. Manchester United 2 - 2 Porto
23. Porto 0 - 1 Manchester United
24. Manchester United 1 - 0 Arsenal
25. Arsenal 1 - 3 Manchester United

Is this United's best squad under Sir Alex Ferguson??
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by tkb417(m): 2:36pm On May 07, 2009
wait till they win in Rome
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by asha80(m): 2:52pm On May 07, 2009
I wonder why man u fans believe because there will be no abidal and alves that means they are going to beat barca undecided.Have they forgotten that they won the 1999 champions league against bayern despite that their 2 key midfielders in keane and scholes were suspended for that final?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Sauron1: 3:04pm On May 07, 2009
asha 80:

I wonder why man u fans believe because there will be no abidal and alves that means they are going to beat barca undecided.

Because Barcelona are shit in their defence.
Without Abidal and Alves, they will be double-shit.

Have they forgotten that they won the 1999 champions league against bayern despite that their 2 key midfielders in keane and scholes were suspended for that final?

That was because Bayern Munich were shit in 1999 and still shit in 2009.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by BinghiNya(m): 3:10pm On May 07, 2009
A solid midfield is what is needed to decimate barca. They are good going forward but suspect at the back. Let UEFA allow both fletcher and abidal, abidal will be easy meat for C Ron. No valdez no Marquez, how will barca survive. United ain't no chelsea. barca go sabi
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by asha80(m): 3:14pm On May 07, 2009
~Sauron~:

Because Barcelona are shit in their defence.
Without Abidal and Alves, they will be double-shit.

Bayern munich were shit in 1999
Unless you trying to be emotional here otherwise u will not make this statement.Bayern that outclassed Manu in that final with likes of Bassler, matteus,effenberg dominating that day and hitting the post twice.

All i am trying to say here is that the absence of keane and scholes really showed in that match but man u still won.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by codedguy1(m): 3:18pm On May 07, 2009
~Sauron~:

Chei, after ten years!!! grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by asha80(m): 3:19pm On May 07, 2009
A solid midfield is what is needed to decimate barca. They are good going forward but suspect at the back. Let UEFA allow both fletcher and abidal, abidal will be easy meat for C Ron. No valdez no Marquez, how will barca survive. United ain't no chelsea. barca go sabi

What is needed is a solid strike force not midfield.Barca has undoubtably a very formidable midfield that can hardly be matched in europe.Chelsea realises this that is why they adopted catenaccio style against them.

Where man u will have advantage is on barca's weak defence.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Sauron1: 3:23pm On May 07, 2009
asha 80:

Bayern munich were shit in 1999
Unless you trying to be emotional here otherwise u will not make this statement.Bayern that outclassed Manu in that final with likes of Bassler, matteus,effenberg dominating that day and hitting the post twice.

That was because United had Scholes and Roy Keane missing in the midfield.
Beckham had to play as a central midfielder(that was how bad United were on the night).
With Beckham tucked in, Dwight Yorke and Andy Cole lacked the service they normally enjoy with Beckham as a winger.

All i am trying to say here is that the absence of keane and scholes really showed in that match but man u still won.

Of course, Scholes and Keane were the driving force of the United team in 99.
Any team would miss those 2 characters but had Bayern done what they were meant to do, They shoulda buried the game with a 2nd goal.
They were shit and they allowed United to sneak back to 1-1 and they were horse-shit to allow United score the winner.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by asha80(m): 3:33pm On May 07, 2009
Bayern might be shit now but remember this lipsrsealed

[flash=400,400]http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/TcTdDD207A0[/flash]
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Sauron1: 3:39pm On May 07, 2009
asha 80:

Bayern might be shit now but remember this lipsrsealed

I don't dwell in the past.
Bayern defeated United in 2001(Big deal). . . . .We trounced em in the UCL final when it mattered the most.
Since then, United have won another UCL and are in the final again this season.
Bayern Munich have faded into oblivion since their fluke victory in 2001. Have they played in a final since the past 8 years?

Food for thunk!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Emperoh(m): 4:11pm On May 07, 2009
Asha
Which would you have preferred?
Wininng in the finals or winning at the stage United lost?
Barca were for the taking yesterday. I still maintain Chelsea had themselves to blame
Had Drogba buried those two chances he had, who will be looking at Ovrebo's failings!!

Barca has a more attack minded midfield contrary to Man U all round set up.
That to me is a plus. We stopped them last season, we'll do it again in Rome!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Sauron1: 4:21pm On May 07, 2009
Emperoh:

Barca has a more attack minded midfield contrary to Man U all round set up.
That to me is a plus. We stopped them last season, we'll do it again in Rome!!

Says who??
How many Barcelona players will get into the present United team?
Dani Alves, Xavi, Iniesta and Messi.
That is 4 players out of 11.

Moving on. . . . . .
Carrick, Park and Anderson will disrupt the flow in the Barca midfield.
Chelsea never allowed em to settle on the ball thus forcing elementary mistakes.
Xavi was poor, Keita was nowhere and only Iniesta showed signs of a world class player.
Messi? He was utter CRAP in both legs.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (100)

MK Dons Vs Manchester United: Capital One Cup (4 - 0) On 26th August 2014 / Barcelona Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (3 - 0) On 6th May 2015 / Manchester City Vs Tottenham Hotspur:UCL Quarter Finals (4 -3) On 17th Apr. 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.