Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,355 members, 7,815,753 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! (70584 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Tmoni(m): 9:56am On May 06, 2009
Gaynners would still win their Emirates cup so its not all doom and gloom for them,

My people say "Half bread is better than chin-chin"
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by codedguy1(m): 9:59am On May 06, 2009
Tmoni:

Gaynners would still win their Emirates cup so its not all doom and gloom for them,

My people say "Half bread is better than chin-chin"

At this rate they could also lose the Emirates Cup even if they played against themselves
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Emperoh(m): 11:04am On May 06, 2009
KILLLL!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats the spirit!!!
kai!!

Help!! Help!! Help!!!
Debosky wants to commit suicide after being forced to wear Blue Diver's thong!!! grin tongue
Brash is dancing naked at the market square!! tongue
Muki is uncontrollably down!! Cris is being a good co-mod though. Trying her best to revive. She even gave Muki her ticket to Rome shocked grin tongue
See wetin Wenger dey cause!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by eyonigger(m): 12:08pm On May 06, 2009
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Nobody: 12:23pm On May 06, 2009
Just read UEFA confirmed they will not be looking into Fletcher's case.
SAD.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by khanye(m): 12:34pm On May 06, 2009
Congrats! Nice one there Man U, meet you in rome! cool
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Emperoh(m): 12:38pm On May 06, 2009
Quite a sad one there
It really hurts me cos it was an unfair and harsh decision against the player
SOmeone who's worked this hard deserves to play in the biggest game of his career.
I know Man U has a replacement for him but he deserves to be on that pitch in Rome.

khanye:

Congrats! Nice one there Man U, meet you in rome! cool
Nah!! not until you buy your ticket tonite.
Don't be too sure dude. The teams playing away on the second leg seems to have the upper hand.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Sauron1: 12:46pm On May 06, 2009
Eastbay:

Just read UEFA confirmed they will not be looking into Fletcher's case.
SAD.

They will look into it if the referee admits he made a mistake by sending him off.
If Barcelona win tonight, Platini won't look into it.
Should Chelsea go through(an English club is bound to win it anyways) and Platini might rescind Fletcherino's red card.

@ Emperoh,

U owe me a carton of Gulder. . . . . .
I remember telling you the triumvirate of Fletcher, Anderson and Carrick are unstoppable against a spineless Asrsenal side last week but you wanted Scholesy in the midfield.
Put those 3 against any Arsenal team and we are sure to win the game.

How many times has Anderson raped Fabregas now?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Nobody: 12:53pm On May 06, 2009
Sauron,
the article said theywould only change/rescind a decision if it was a case of mistaken identity, effectively blocking chances of hering an appeal.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1177865/Roman-tragedy-Fletcher-UEFA-block-appeal-United-midfielders-red-card.html

~Sauron~:

just like Superman's weakness is kryptonite,Fabregas' nightmare is Ando
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Sauron1: 1:03pm On May 06, 2009
Eastbay:

Sauron,
the article said theywould only change/rescind a decision if it was a case of mistaken identity, effectively blocking chances of hering an appeal.

They will welcome an appeal if the referee admits a mistake in his report due to be submitted on Wednesday.
Granted, it has not be done before but Fletcher's red card was too harsh.
He nicked the ball cleanly and the tackle wasn't malicious.

just like Superman's weakness is kryptonite,Fabregas' nightmare is Ando

Anderson is better than Fabregas. . . . . . .There's no doubt about it.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Emperoh(m): 1:11pm On May 06, 2009
~Sauron~:

@ Emperoh,

U owe me a carton of Gulder. . . . . .
I remember telling you the triumvirate of Fletcher, Anderson and Carrick are unstoppable against a spineless Asrsenal side last week but you wanted Scholesy in the midfield.
Put those 3 against any Arsenal team and we are sure to win the game.

Debosky should serve you that carton of beer for failing to wear Blue Diver's thong
as he swore we would do if we score up to two at the EmiRATes.

UEFA Says they won't look into the case even if the ref says so.
Here's the link;
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/8035053.stm

~Sauron~:

@ Emperoh,
Raped ke!! He just fingered him!! tongue If he raped, Fab would be finished as a pro footballer! cool tongue grin
He was supposed to be his teams inspiration.
But lo i kept seeing him trying to sneak out of Ando's pocket. Or did he enjoy the cozy interior? tongue grin
I should look for a redefinition of world class if someone call him a world class player again!!

My only sad moment is that Man U made this tie look light years easy.
To think i was fretting initially!! angry
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Sauron1: 1:33pm On May 06, 2009
Emperoh:

My only sad moment is that Man U made this tie look light years easy.
To think i was fretting initially!! angry

United are better than Arsenal.
We only lose against em when we field the wrong players.
Once u stop their midfield from passing the ball around, you will beat them.

Imagine the GAYnners camping in our half to attack. . . . . .
They completely forgot we are the MASTERS of counter-attacks
Once Three-Lung Park drove into the heart of their midfield. . . .I knew what was coming next.

He found Wazza with a precise pass but take nothing from Ronaldo who started the move n sprinted 70 yards to receive Rooney's inch-perfect pass that took out Djourou completely. Ronaldo's finish was inevitable.
Such was the brilliance of Wazza's pass.

That goal should win the goal of the competition.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Emperoh(m): 1:50pm On May 06, 2009
~Sauron~:

United are better than Arsenal.
We only lose against em when we field the wrong players.
Once u stop their midfield from passing the ball around, you will beat them.

Imagine the GAYnners camping in our half to attack. . . . . .
They completely forgot we are the MASTERS of counter-attacks
Once Three-Lung Park drove into the heart of their midfield. . . .I knew what was coming next.

He found Wazza with a precise pass but take nothing from Ronaldo who started the move n sprinted 70 yards to receive Rooney's inch-perfect pass that took out Djourou completely. Ronaldo's finish was inevitable.
Such was the brilliance of Wazza's pass.

That goal should win the goal of the competition.
I need clips to that goal.
it has to be on my mobile!! Kai i couldn't see anything better in the whole tie
Kid stars don't win men's trophy
SAF search for years to be able to get the UCL formulae
And CR7's rocket? I was still looking for formula behind the strike in Estadio dragao,
and then he complicated my assignment with the second goal. grin shocked
I care not who we meet. If its Barca, its gonna be like last season.
Chelsea? This time, the tie will end in 90minutes. bet me!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by codedguy1(m): 2:06pm On May 06, 2009
Dont think any english team can match UNITED in the CL Finals. I want a UNITED/BARCA Final.
Lets meet them in the finals and make them realise that La liga is shyte. A replica of the semi final last season, this time its on a neutral ground, so no qualms.

Gaynners are really pathetic, they will only win a game when there is actually nothing much at stake and then capitulate when they are supposed to stand up and get counted, and to make matters worse, they start mouthiing off as if thats what they intend to achieve in the season.

Beat us home and away last season, ended up with nada.
This season, beat us in the first legg and are still cemented in 4th place, pathetic. tongue

You can win some battles, it will only make sense if you eventually win the war.

@ Emperoh

That counter made all them gaynners, supporters, players and coach look like puppets . it was beautiful grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by chamotex(m): 2:10pm On May 06, 2009
coded guy:

Beat us home and away last season, ended up with nada.

No, we beat them at OT last season.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Sauron1: 2:12pm On May 06, 2009
chamotex:

. . . . .And we drew at the Emirates last season too.
Matter of fact, it took the aid of a line assistant to get em a draw in the 92nd minute. . . .
United were coasting until their goal-mouth scramble that took the game to 2-2.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by codedguy1(m): 2:15pm On May 06, 2009
chamotex:

My bad!!! Gosh has it been that long. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Sauron1: 2:18pm On May 06, 2009
coded guy:

My bad!!! Gosh has it been that long. grin

More than a year ago. . . . .

Anyways, who do u guys want to meet in Rome and why?
Who will replace Fletcherino in the final? Scholes or Possebon or Giggsy?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by codedguy1(m): 2:28pm On May 06, 2009
~Sauron~:

More than a year ago. . . . .

I want to meet BARCA it would be on a neutral ground and we can put this 'who is the best team on earth thingy' to rest.

Dont think any English club can match UNITED with one hand on the trophy already.

Barca has been Raping them La Liga teams, lets see the best attack against the best defence, eith some exceptional counter attacking play in the mix.

This would be explosive. I think Fergie might start Giggsy.

Gaynners you can contribute, if you wish to, just make sure you make sense grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Sauron1: 2:50pm On May 06, 2009
coded guy:

I want to meet BARCA it would be on a neutral ground and we can put this 'who is the best team on earth thingy' to rest.
Dont think any English club can match UNITED with one hand on the trophy already.

I was very confident but with Fletcher's suspension, i have back-tracked.
Fletcher woulda done extensive damage on either Iniesta or Xavi. Stop those 2 midgets from having time on the ball and Barca is dead.
Without their exquisite passes, Messi + Henry + Etoo will starve.
Giggsy in that mix?? I am not too sure.

Barca has been Raping them La Liga teams, lets see the best attack against the best defence, eith some exceptional counter attacking play in the mix.
This would be explosive. I think Fergie might start Giggsy.

Barca raping La Liga teams is not important. . . . . .That league is weak defensively.
Gerrard Pique(United's apprentice) is one of the best defenders in La Liga and he was a bench-warmer in the PREM.
Best attack against the best defence?? I am not even sure their attack is better than ours if we have everyone fit.

Gaynners you can contribute, if you wish to, just make sure you make sense grin grin grin

The opinion of some buncha losers won't matter here.
GAYnners can only contribute to discussions concerning STOKE, SPURS or ASTON VILLA.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Tmoni(m): 2:53pm On May 06, 2009
~Sauron~:

The opinion of some buncha losers won't matter here.
GAYnners can only contribute to discussions concerning STOKE, SPURS or ASTON VILLA.
grin grin grin

men, this is a take no prisoners day, we own the sports section of nairaland

My Heart wants Barcelona but my Head says Chelsea!!!

On the replacement for Fletch, It might be Gigsy or SAF might move Ronaldo back to right wing and play either Carlito or Berba!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Emperoh(m): 2:54pm On May 06, 2009
I think Barca will be a more formidable final.
The formation we used against the gaynners will work perfectly against Barca.
Let Ronaldo be by himself upfront, then get Rooney and park on both flanks
Giggs should be in the middle while Carrick takes over fletchers duty
It is not soo difficult to mark Iniesta and Xavi as they are not that physical.
I don't want to meet Chelsea. Its gonna be an easy tie.

My worry is how to curtail Alves coming forward?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Sauron1: 3:05pm On May 06, 2009
Tmoni:

grin grin grin
On the replacement for Fletch, It might be Gigsy or SAF might move Ronaldo back to right wing and play either Carlito or Berba!!!

I miss Hargreaves. Ronaldo is not disciplined enough to do what Fletcher does.
Fletcher is a box-to-box midfielder. He presses, he harries, he chases down opponents.
He didn't have to make the tackle on Cesc. . . . .Afterall, United were leading 3-0 until then but he is a no-nonsense kinda player.

Emperoh:

I think Barca will be a more formidable final.
The formation we used against the gaynners will work perfectly against Barca.
Let Ronaldo be by himself upfront, then get Rooney and park on both flanks

I think we should play Ronaldo, Rooney and Tevez upfront.
JS Park can do Darren Fletcher's job in the midfield.
United should go with a tree-top formation. . . . .4-3-2-1.

Giggs should be in the middle while Carrick takes over fletchers duty
It is not soo difficult to mark Iniesta and Xavi as they are not that physical.
I don't want to meet Chelsea. Its gonna be an easy tie.

Carrick taking over Fletcher's duty?? Carrick reads the game. . . . .His main strength is interception not tackling.
Xavi and Iniesta will be too comfortable with Carrick around cos they pass the ball around quite neatly.
We need a player that can force em to make elementary mistakes. . . . .JS PARK fits that bill(i guess).

My worry is how to curtail Alves coming forward?

If Rooney can stop Maicon. . . . . .Alves will be rendered useless.
U don't believe me? Ask Cissokho(Porto's full-back) in the 2nd leg tie of the Q-final.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by jaybee3(m): 3:11pm On May 06, 2009
coded guy:

You can win some battles, it will only make sense if you eventually win the war.
grin grin grin

Word of wisdom to y'all gayners.

~Sauron~:

Chelski simply because they will probably come out gun blazing wanting a sweet revenge thus opening up the defence for the trio of CR7, Wazza and Tevez to run them riot.
If chelski make it to rome then i had prefer gigsy to help marshal the midfield with anderson running riot and carrick doing his thing (sending 'em dissecting passes willie nillie).

If barca then i will probably go for scholsy to help marshal the midfield for the first 60 or so minutes (as long as he remains level headed and don't go kicking 'em iniesta and xavi about (you the dude still haven't learnt the heart of tackling after all this years))

Eitherways we've got our name engraved on the trophy once again.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by codedguy1(m): 3:17pm On May 06, 2009
What if we play both park and Ronaldo on the flanks, Tevez and Rooney up front. Tevez would drop a little to assist in the Mid field with Ando, and Carrick. then we can accommodate everbody and still be effective.

Against Barca, we would need to match em attack for attack, its not a two-legged game. we have the fire power to also put them to the sword and their defence is not so good, putting them under pressure should be the game plan.

What y'all think.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Sauron1: 3:28pm On May 06, 2009
coded guy:

What if we play both park and Ronaldo on the flanks, Tevez and Rooney up front. Tevez would drop a little to assist in the Mid field with Ando, and Carrick. then we can accommodate everbody and still be effective.

Against Barca, we would need to match em attack for attack, its not a two-legged game. we have the fire power to also put them to the sword and their defence is not so good, putting them under pressure should be the game plan.

What y'all think.

I will go with this  tree-top formation against Barcelona.

VDS

O'Shea        Rio            Vidic          Evra

Park             Carrick           Anderson

Tevez                     Rooney

Ronaldo

With this set-up, Rooney and Anderson can help Evra if Messi/Alves decide to make any incursion on their flank.
On the other hand, Tevez can drop off to join JS Park to cover for O'Shea's mess.
The key is having 3 central midfielders who can chase and harry opponents.
There's no one better than Park, Carrick and Anderson doing that.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Emperoh(m): 3:41pm On May 06, 2009
Kai!!! I will miss Fletcher!!!
No place for Berba in the line up?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by codedguy1(m): 3:43pm On May 06, 2009
@ Sauron

Good formation, but i dont think Fergie would play Ronaldo as a lone striker, probably swap Tevez with Ronaldo.

Inasmuch as we are anticiating their inward forrays, they are also looking at keeping the likes of Rooney and Ronaldo at bay, this even everything.

Have we somehow concluded we will be meeting BARCA ??grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Sauron1: 3:49pm On May 06, 2009
coded guy:

@ Sauron
Good formation, but i dont think Fergie would play Ronaldo as a lone striker, probably swap Tevez with Ronaldo.

U should see the way Fergie was drooling about Ronaldo as a centre forward last night.
Trust me, Ronaldo's role in Europe these days is to play as the main striker.
He seems to control his game play in this position than when playing on the wing and relying on his team-mates to supply the right ball.

Inasmuch as we are anticiating their inward forrays, they are also looking at keeping the likes of Rooney and Ronaldo at bay, this even everything.

It's one thing to think of keeping Roon and Ron at bay, it's another thing to have the personnel to keep them at bay.
Puyol? Abidal? Pique? I am laughing in Wollof. grin grin grin grin
Barca have no defence. United will exploit that weakness.

Have we somehow concluded we will be meeting BARCA ??grin grin

Good point. . . . . . .
If we meet Chelsea(a familiar foe). . . . . . .Fergie will go with 4-4-2.
We shall see a midfield of Park--Carrick--Giggs--Ronaldo with Rooney and Berbatov/Tevez leading the attack.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by tkb417(m): 3:52pm On May 06, 2009
Hey guys
lets chill out for these gaynners and talk about Citey grin

whats the 4-1-1 for Citey
we need to score 5 to scare the Barca people.
Im sure whoever we meet will be scared shit in d finals cos beating the Gaynners home and away is not beans.

One United!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by superstar1(m): 3:58pm On May 06, 2009
@ Sauron

Nice formation but i will rather move CR7 to 7 and tevev as my lone striker, thereby pining Albidal to the back and rooney will pin Alves to the back. this will reduce the pressure they might want to pile on us
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Sauron1: 4:00pm On May 06, 2009
superstar1:

@ Sauron
Nice formation but i will rather move CR7 to 7 and tevev as my lone striker, thereby pining Albidal to the back and rooney will pin Alves to the back. this will reduce the pressure they might want to pile on us

Tevez is not clinical in front of goal.
Of course, it will stop Barca from attacking us but Tevez will waste good chances when we attack.
In an important game like the UCL final, u want to be clinical and make the most of your chances.
I don't mind Barcelona having 99% possession but when we do have the ball, i want us to SCORE goals with our 1% possession.

tkb417:

whats the 4-1-1 for Citey
we need to score 5 to scare the Barca people.
Im sure whoever we meet will be scared shit in d finals cos beating the Gaynners home and away is not beans.

One United!!

We have to beat Citeh. . . . . . .I don't want those fucking Scousers to have any hope of doing a smash-n-grab raid on our title.
Fergie must field his strongest team on sunday. Beat Citeh and Liverpool's hopes will be dead.
After Citeh, we go to Wigan on wednesday(beat em again there and the title will come back to OT).

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (100)

MK Dons Vs Manchester United: Capital One Cup (4 - 0) On 26th August 2014 / Barcelona Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (3 - 0) On 6th May 2015 / Manchester City Vs Tottenham Hotspur:UCL Quarter Finals (4 -3) On 17th Apr. 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.