Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,071 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

How To Help A Friend Cope With Miscarriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Help A Friend Cope With Miscarriage (716 Views)

How Do You Cope With Pressure To Cheat On Your Spouse? / Parents With 2 or More Boys How Do You Cope? / How Does A Husband Cope With A Wife Who Gives More Attention To The Kids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Help A Friend Cope With Miscarriage by Mamagidi(f): 11:53am On Oct 23, 2015
Miscarriage is not less than losing a loved one. It is so normal to grieve. Whether the time of expectancy [for conception] was short or not. But what happens when you are a friend to the person affected? It’s harder. You might try to find the right words to say. Sometimes, these words fail you or come out wrongly. Then, it becomes worse for your friend. How can you help a heartbroken friend cope with a miscarriage?

- Listen. To support a friend through her loss involves just been quiet. Everyone grieves in a different way. The miscarriage may affect her so differently from others. Just be present and listen with an open heart.

- Watch Your Words of Comfort. Your friend’s miscarriage hurts her deeply. It’s not the time for her to hear words like: ‘Everything happens for a reason.’ ‘Let’s be thankful through every situation.’ ‘Another baby will come.’ She knows that already. Being silent may work better than offering words of comfort that come out wrongly. So, if you don’t know what to say, follow Rule #1.

- Be a Shoulder to Cry On. Apart from being there to listen, be physical support for her. Does she need to be hugged? Does she need you to be just around. Remember, she’s trying to cope with a miscarriage. Be helpful as she goes through the healing process.

- Talk Reality. There has been a miscarriage. Acknowledge it! Don’t dodge the subject. Grieving involves facing the reality and learning to move on. A wound does not heal by simply forgetting about it. Treating the wound aids healing.

- Offer to Help around the House. As earlier said, people grieve differently. While some are strong and can carry on with their duties, some others may be too weak to do a thing. Offer to help with meals or house chores. It just helps your friend remember that she is loved.

- Check on the Significant Other. A good way to show concern is to ask after your friends spouse. Men may pose a strong front. But they are also deeply affected by the miscarriage. That little act of kindness may go very far.

Have you ever been in such situation? Kindly share your views

Source: www.mamagidi.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Help A Friend Cope With Miscarriage by jaymejate: 12:35pm On Oct 23, 2015
I'm not planning to have friend having miscarriage. Thanks!
Re: How To Help A Friend Cope With Miscarriage by Mamagidi(f): 1:03pm On Oct 23, 2015
jaymejate:
I'm not planning to have friend having miscarriage. Thanks!

No one prays to have a friend that has a miscarriage. It's just an advice. No one is wishing anyone bad

1 Like

Re: How To Help A Friend Cope With Miscarriage by NwabuezeWini: 9:12pm On Oct 23, 2015
You are very right. Is not easy at all having a miscarriage. A friend of mine just had a 6month miscarriage and this is her 3rd time of having a miscarriage. I just pray that such will not happen to her again

1 Like

Re: How To Help A Friend Cope With Miscarriage by Mamagidi(f): 9:21am On Oct 27, 2015
NwabuezeWini:
You are very right. Is not easy at all having a miscarriage. A friend of mine just had a 6month miscarriage and this is her 3rd time of having a miscarriage. I just pray that such will not happen to her again

Awww. That is so sad. It won't happen again by God's grace. Amen

(1) (Reply)

During Intimacy Who's The Rightful Rider / Lead Us Not Into Temptation: Tips For Married Men / Train Your Children How You Want Them To Be

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.