Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,047 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:41 AM

Mr Bode Abodunrin Bombshell On Igbo Traders. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mr Bode Abodunrin Bombshell On Igbo Traders. (1784 Views)

Bayelsa Indigenes Clash With Igbo Traders / Igbo Traders In Kano Protest Killings Of Kinsmen / Obasanjo Drops Bombshell On Successors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mr Bode Abodunrin Bombshell On Igbo Traders. by egbusi1(m): 4:01pm On Oct 23, 2015
IGBO TRADERS CONTRIBUTE 80% OF THE 36
STATES IGR - MR. BODE ABODUNRIN.
Paffcomm Trade and Commerce Analyst Mr,
Bode Abodunrin said yesterday that the
Nigeria State govt have two main sources of
income. He said, the federal govt budget
allocation and Igbo traders are the main
source of income sustaining all states of the
federation. The Analyst said that apart from
the federal allocation the Igbo traders
contribute about 80 percent of all states of
the federation IGR.He said that with the fall
in oil price that states governors have
created more taxes to increase their
revenue to sustain the state expenditures.
Mr. Bode warned that that the increment on
taxes by states on the Igbo traders is
destroying and killing their businesses. He
said that states are creating a lot of burden
to the Igbo traders instead of encouraging
them.
Mr, Bode Abodunrin also warned that over
taxing the Igbo traders may result to their
relocation to other places which will bring
untold hardship to the state they left.
According to him, he said no state can
replace Igbo traders if they leave the state.
He said trading is not what you just wake
up in the morning and join. He said the Igbo
traders are very skilled in the art of doing
business because they undergo business
training in a particular area of business
which takes them many years to build the
skill, structure, Finance, etc. before opening
their own business. Therefore, it is not a
thing a state govt can replace over night. Mr,
Bode Abodunrin also said that Igbo traders
has not only sustained the state's economy,
but they are also number one in Nigeria for
infrastructural development of the 36
states of the federation in terms of private
development, e.g. building of private and
commercial houses, circulation of money in
the state, employment, construction of
markets, etc.
Mr, Bode Abodunrin said that it is
encouraging that northern states are
inviting the Igbo traders to come to their
state and open up businesses. Some of them
are even promising adequate security for
the Igbo traders. Mr, Bode Abodunrin
particularly warned Lagos state govt to
reduce their incessant taxation of the Igbo
traders and remove the area boys that go to
the Igbo traders to extort money from them
in the name taxes and royalty on behalf of
the state and local govt. Mr, Bode Abodunrin
said no state in Nigeria can sustain their
expenditure without Igbo traders IGR
impute and advised the states to encourage
the traders instead of fighting them. He also
cautioned the states indigene to stop
antagonizing the Igbo traders and trying to
pick a fight with them to loot and destroy
their wares because if they go definitely,
their business will suffer, but a little.
However, the state will suffer, the more
because IGR that helps to sustain the
economy will reduce while the
infrastructural development will also be
affected. He also advised the Igbo traders to
be law-abiding.

4 Likes

Re: Mr Bode Abodunrin Bombshell On Igbo Traders. by tolustx(m): 4:06pm On Oct 23, 2015
Ok. We don hear. Will the igbo men also continue to contribute to the IGR of other states when they eventually get their sovereign state of Biafra? If they wanna go now, let dem go. That will make those other states start to develop their skills in business too.

I'm not justifying increment in taxes tho.

3 Likes

Re: Mr Bode Abodunrin Bombshell On Igbo Traders. by Nobody: 4:09pm On Oct 23, 2015
Jf
Re: Mr Bode Abodunrin Bombshell On Igbo Traders. by laudate: 4:32pm On Oct 23, 2015
The guy is a fraud. He has either been paid some money by a few Igbo traders to write that story, or maybe he has political ambitions and he needs their support in the next election. Until I see the data and numbers, I do not buy his story. He probably wanted to say that they are the highest tax payers in Alaba, Ladipo, Okokomaiko and a few other areas. undecided

Even at that, how many traders have documentary evidence to support their tax payment claims? Chukwudi my spare parts seller, does not have anything like that, I'm sure.... sad

8 Likes

Re: Mr Bode Abodunrin Bombshell On Igbo Traders. by asEdeyHOT: 4:34pm On Oct 23, 2015
Igbo people just dey make me laugh I swear

The level of desperation and attention seeking is just unreal

One Shinedu or Shineye sat down somewhere and named himself Mr Bode Abodunrin grin grin

The article is baseless, lacks any credibility and just wishful Igbo thinking. No figures for this imaginary contribution apart from the 80% he came up with after drinking onitcha palm wine

Igbo and chest beating are like twins

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mr Bode Abodunrin Bombshell On Igbo Traders. by simplycarro: 4:36pm On Oct 23, 2015
Validation Complex again?

4 Likes

Re: Mr Bode Abodunrin Bombshell On Igbo Traders. by noeloge82(m): 4:38pm On Oct 23, 2015
Watching
Re: Mr Bode Abodunrin Bombshell On Igbo Traders. by Ofodirinwa: 4:38pm On Oct 23, 2015
lol, i believe it. Trading is the only business permeating the whole of Nigeria. It's how everyone buys everything the own and do business with. Forget the noise about Shoprite.
Re: Mr Bode Abodunrin Bombshell On Igbo Traders. by mightyhaze: 4:40pm On Oct 23, 2015
The truth is dat igbo is d potent glue dats holdin d country n makin it work against all odds. The real patriots/nationalists,...irony?? Its all Good!

2 Likes

Re: Mr Bode Abodunrin Bombshell On Igbo Traders. by emmalexabl(m): 4:46pm On Oct 23, 2015
ONLY A FOOL WOULD WANT TO BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS HIM...

grin

1 Like

Re: Mr Bode Abodunrin Bombshell On Igbo Traders. by ArodeTsolaye: 4:53pm On Oct 23, 2015
laudate:
The guy is a fraud. He has either been paid some money by a few Igbo traders to write that story, or maybe he has political ambitions and he needs their support in the next election. Until I see the data and numbers, I do not buy his story. He probably wanted to say that they are the highest tax payers in Alaba, Ladipo, Okokomaiko and a few other areas. undecided

Even at that, how many traders have documentary evidence to support their tax payment claims? Chukwudi my spare parts seller, does not have anything like that, I'm sure.... sad

You don't have a bicycle tire, but you want us to believe chukwudi is your spare part seller. Taa go and sit down. Jobless monkey grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mr Bode Abodunrin Bombshell On Igbo Traders. by ezeagu(m): 5:05pm On Oct 23, 2015
Why do Igbo people keep pointing out reasons for Nigeria not to let them go? It makes no sense.

4 Likes

Re: Mr Bode Abodunrin Bombshell On Igbo Traders. by omoelesa(m): 5:06pm On Oct 23, 2015
Who is Bode Abodunrin?

2 Likes

Re: Mr Bode Abodunrin Bombshell On Igbo Traders. by basilo101: 5:08pm On Oct 23, 2015
I laff wen jobless yorubas say that tradding is no brainer. mtcheew.
Re: Mr Bode Abodunrin Bombshell On Igbo Traders. by Babalegba(m): 5:13pm On Oct 23, 2015
Who is this Abodunrin fellow with his abracadabra statistics. Ibos I hail your fabrications .
Re: Mr Bode Abodunrin Bombshell On Igbo Traders. by laudate: 5:18pm On Oct 23, 2015
ArodeTsolaye:
You don't have a bicycle tire, but you want us to believe chukwudi is your spare part seller. Taa go and sit down. Jobless monkey grin

And what on earth gives you the impression that I don't have a car of my own? shocked shocked I can also give you Chukwudi's phone number in case you want to confirm. Must you use your own carless, 'leggedis-benz' status to judge everybody?? You are the one who lacks a job, in case you don't know.

Anyway, I know your first contact with a vehicle, was the Chisco bus that brought you from the village to Lagos. By the way, how old did you say you were again?? undecided

1 Like

Re: Mr Bode Abodunrin Bombshell On Igbo Traders. by laurel03(m): 5:39pm On Oct 23, 2015
Na lie Bode dey lie

1 Like

Re: Mr Bode Abodunrin Bombshell On Igbo Traders. by patrick89(m): 5:53pm On Oct 23, 2015
Yoruba will not like this, even when Benue governor lured them to come to their state with incentives, igbo people will leave their place go to China bring it in, send it to kano kaduan kogi etc, thee indigene will come out from their house to buy it. Yoruba will finish school and be carrying files up and down, while his igbo counterpart will be planning to go to China and dubai. A friend of mine in dubai has a yoruba guy with him over there, the igbo guy, sends goods to nigeria the yoruba guy uses his own to buy clothes shoes etc....
Well all these companies in ogun state who distribute their goods? Go to Iyana ipaja where they're selling iron, the companies are in lagos and ogun, but the irons are distributed across nigeria, by these igbo people! You call them tradeer, but if they show you their account you will faint.....

4 Likes

Re: Mr Bode Abodunrin Bombshell On Igbo Traders. by laudate: 5:57pm On Oct 23, 2015
patrick89:
Yoruba will not like this, even when Benue governor lured them to come to their state with incentives, igbo people will leave their place go to China bring it in, send it to kano kaduan kogi etc, thee indigene will come out from their house to buy it. Yoruba will finish school and be carrying files up and down, while his igbo counterpart will be planning to go to China and dubai. A friend of mine in dubai has a yoruba guy with him over there, the igbo guy, sends goods to nigeria the yoruba guy uses his own to buy clothes shoes etc....
Well all these companies in ogun state who distribute their goods? Go to Iyana ipaja where they're selling iron, the companies are in lagos and ogun, but the irons are distributed across nigeria, by these igbo people! You call them tradeer, but if they show you their account you will faint.....

Gịnī ḳwọ bùḍù ̣ǹke à? Nobody is denying the fact that they are traders. But to say they pay 80% of the taxes in Nigeria...mba nu! How can?? Where are the figures and data to support this assertion? We are not children, o! shocked

1 Like

Re: Mr Bode Abodunrin Bombshell On Igbo Traders. by Nobody: 6:16pm On Oct 23, 2015
Yorubas reaping from Igbo drugs and 419 money since 32BC.
They keep shouting deportation of biafrans, let me see how they will be able to generate revenue from alaba and the likes.
The abokiis in their kiosks don't even know what tax is, talk more of to pay to the yorubas.

Biafrans please come join hands to sign our petition. Biafra must be free.

http://chn.ge/1kA2V11

2 Likes

Re: Mr Bode Abodunrin Bombshell On Igbo Traders. by patrick89(m): 6:43pm On Oct 23, 2015
laudate:

Gịnī ḳwọ bùḍù ̣ǹke à? Nobody is denying the fact that they are traders. But to say they pay 80% of the taxes in Nigeria...mba nu! How can?? Where are the figures and data to support this assertion? We are not children, o! shocked
it's exaggerated but you know he made a salient point
Re: Mr Bode Abodunrin Bombshell On Igbo Traders. by Masterclass32: 7:56pm On Oct 23, 2015
Right on point.
Re: Mr Bode Abodunrin Bombshell On Igbo Traders. by laudate: 10:33pm On Oct 23, 2015
patrick89:
it's exaggerated but you know he made a salient point

Provide facts, figures and data if you want us to believe he made a salient point! undecided
Re: Mr Bode Abodunrin Bombshell On Igbo Traders. by kernel501: 11:01pm On Oct 23, 2015
laudate:

Igbos are only doing business, right? ... please check 3 best WASSCE, JAMB states in Nigeria. Check the states with the highest number of professors, doctorates and Bsc in Nigeria. Let me teach you a little economics, have you asked why most South West states have the highest debt? Simple... lack of productivity.
Re: Mr Bode Abodunrin Bombshell On Igbo Traders. by laudate: 11:08pm On Oct 23, 2015
kernel501:
Igbos are only doing business, right? ... please check 3 best WASSCE, JAMB states in Nigeria. Check the states with the highest number of professors, doctorates and Bsc in Nigeria. Let me teach you a little economics, have you asked why most South West states have the highest debt? Simple... lack of productivity.

Guy, stop the boasting and comparisons laced with propaganda. sad

All we are asking is that if those claims are true he should provide facts, figures and data to corroborate his claims, so that we can see the evidence in black & white. He should not just pluck 80% out of thin air! Haba! Shebi, you go school now. Weren't you taught these simple things?? undecided shocked
Re: Mr Bode Abodunrin Bombshell On Igbo Traders. by kernel501: 11:12pm On Oct 23, 2015
laudate:

Guy, stop the boasting and comparisons laced with propaganda. sad

All we are asking is that if those claims are true he should provide facts, figures and data to corroborate his claims, so that we can see the evidence in black & white. He should not just pluck 80% out of thin air! Haba! Shebi, you go school now. Weren't you taught these simple things?? undecided shocked

Is not up to 80% in the reality, but after cruel... Igbo man tax is the next.

(1) (Reply)

Sprawling Housing Estate Owned By Former 1st Lady, Dame Patience In Portharcourt / Why Is Apc Forcing Sylva On Bayelsans? / A Lt.colonel Was Killed By Boko Haram Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.