Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,672 members, 7,809,553 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:12 AM

Ibkaye's Oral Story Haven - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Ibkaye's Oral Story Haven (13484 Views)

Kizorita's Haven / Of Oral Farts And Flamboyance Stench (A HILARIOUS POEM) / The Writer`s Lawn. The First Nigerian Writer`s Article Haven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibkaye's Oral Story Haven by rexfx2: 9:46am On May 06, 2009
:d :d :d
Re: Ibkaye's Oral Story Haven by adetunrayo(f): 4:20pm On May 06, 2009
@Ibkaye
can u pls continue with ur story?
Re: Ibkaye's Oral Story Haven by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:33pm On May 06, 2009
dejiariyo:

the british accent killed it for me,cant understand a single word pls can u come thru with pidgin or maybe some yoruba poems? undecided

illiterate.

ibk, ignore these people. pidgin ko. peugeot ni.
Re: Ibkaye's Oral Story Haven by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:37pm On May 06, 2009
you know I always have your back wink

just dont be like mayor and his iya shakira story that he never finished  cry angry
Re: Ibkaye's Oral Story Haven by Nobody: 6:38pm On May 06, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

you know I always have your back wink

just dont be like mayor and his iya shakira story that he never finished cry angry
I know na oremii wink kiss kiss

Hehehe, don't worry, by tommorrow part 4 would be up wink kiss
Re: Ibkaye's Oral Story Haven by nana(f): 7:06pm On May 06, 2009
shocked @ those who don't understand Ibk's accent.
Re: Ibkaye's Oral Story Haven by congoshine(m): 2:52am On May 07, 2009
I think you should change the title of the thread,the first thing that came to my mind on seeing the title was. . . . . . . . .you guessed it  lipsrsealed
Re: Ibkaye's Oral Story Haven by semid4lyfe(m): 5:13am On May 07, 2009
Which kain market women yarns dey go on for here sef?

@Ibkaye,
please less gossip and more stories pls but wait o dis one wey peeps dey trip 4 u,dey fight over u cos u be like mammy water and come get voice like nightingale,se u no go buy form contest MBGN so?U fit be our 2nd miss world u know-lol

On a serious note I'll reserve my critical review and comments till you conclude the akin/motunrayo story.
Re: Ibkaye's Oral Story Haven by manmustwac(m): 9:18am On May 07, 2009
Can't wait for part four i just hope this story has a happy ending.
Re: Ibkaye's Oral Story Haven by dejiariyo: 5:48pm On May 07, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

illiterate.

ibk, ignore these people. pidgin ko. peugeot ni.

shut the Bleep up, she knows its was just a joke and where is ur bleeping sense of humor?
Re: Ibkaye's Oral Story Haven by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:01pm On May 07, 2009
illiteracy grin
Re: Ibkaye's Oral Story Haven by Nobody: 6:22pm On May 07, 2009
Na wa o. . . I haven't heard the stuff sha, naija server probs. . .

Well, y'all should stop listening to my wife's voice online o. . . I have already paid Ibukun's bride price. . . tongue
Re: Ibkaye's Oral Story Haven by StrStruck(f): 6:32pm On May 07, 2009
congoshine:

I think you should change the title of the thread,the first thing that came to my mind on seeing the title was. . . . . . . . .you guessed it  lipsrsealed

That's a dirty mind you've got.
Re: Ibkaye's Oral Story Haven by StephenP(m): 6:42pm On May 07, 2009
Ibkaye, try making the audio file mp3s.
Re: Ibkaye's Oral Story Haven by Nobody: 6:09pm On May 08, 2009
Motunrayo Part 4 (Forgive me for all the typos and such, rushed it like crazy)

With a baby now present in his wife’s womb, Akin was not as distressed as before concerning the chances of Motunrayo fleeing. At least if she did, it would not be as simple for her, the extra baggage would without doubt cause her hindrance. His unruly temper was also something that would need to be put under a leash for he would not allow himself to be provoked by Motunrayo, losing this baby was definitely not a risk Akin was willing to take, not again.

A depressed and irritated Motunrayo more often than not moped around her husband’s hut. Basically a shadow of herself, she was a ghost hovering in darkness, soaked in her own despair, the sight of Akin alone annoyed her and she snapped at him at every given opportunity. Akin handled her with patience, he appeared a composed and tolerating husband, enduring Motunrayo’s ill-mannered attitude daily, on the contrary, deep within, Akin was actually a bomb on the verge of exploding, for if not for the baby…

One day, an unexpected visitor had come to visit Motunrayo, whilst lying on her mat she had heard a gentle knock at the hut door, initially thinking that it was Akin returning from the stream, Motunrayo did not bother to answer, although it was very unlike Akin to knock but who else would be visiting? Her mother had paid a few visits but rarely ever and for this she was actually very grateful. The visitor knocked again, increasing the pressure of their knocks at the door, obviously not convinced that nobody was at home. Motunrayo lifted herself and answered, asking who it was, the visitor replied, recognising the voice instantly her spirit was instantly raised. She opened the door and jumped, but only slightly for the weight of the baby had pulled her down.

The visitor had turned out to be Niyi, a close friend of Motunrayo’s, he had always secretly admired her but failed to express his true feelings, totally shattered at the sudden announcement of her wedding to Akin, there was nothing he could do. They had not been in contact since her marriage to Akin, she was not even able to explain to him what had happened, everything had happened so fast, too fast. She did not like keeping secrets from him but she just could not bring herself to expose the disgusting truth that had formed her so called marriage. Motunrayo was ecstatic but at the same time, angry at him for not visiting much earlier, she had missed him very much.

Niyi explained to her that he only wanted to give her time to settle down with her husband, he had missed her extremely too but was not too certain of how Akin would react if he had paid a visit, it was only now that he had summed up the nerve, Niyi apologized for his timid behavior. Noticing the silence within the hut, Niyi asked of Akin’s whereabouts, she told him that he had gone out to fetch water and would return shortly. Slightly relieved, Niyi gave a heavy sigh of relief, Motunrayo could sense that her good friend was tense, concerned, she tugged at his arm, asking him if everything was ok, giving a slight smile, he assured her that everything was fine.

It had been such a long time since they had had a good chat, Motunrayo missed their times together, just the thought that both her and Niyi could have been somewhere else right now, gisting and laughing together as friends would caused her bitterness towards Akin to increase, she clenched her fists.

Since the wedding, Niyi never seemed to bump into Motunrayo around the village anymore, it was as if she did not even exist, Motunrayo stood before him smiling but the smile lacked that certain glow, this was not the normal and usual radiant Motunrayo he knew, he was concerned. But not one to interfere in the affairs of any couple, a married couple for that matter, Niyi kept his questions to himself.

Swiftly, Motunrayo trailed over to her mat, signaling for Niyi to follow her, he obliged, seating himself next to his friend. Just about to start the gist, the door opened and Akin entered the hut.
Re: Ibkaye's Oral Story Haven by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:47pm On May 08, 2009
lol Niyi ti daron
Re: Ibkaye's Oral Story Haven by Nobody: 6:50pm On May 08, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

lol Niyi ti daron
Hehehe grin

@Stephen
Ok, I'll look for a way smiley
Re: Ibkaye's Oral Story Haven by tubabie(f): 6:52pm On May 08, 2009
Swiftly, Motunrayo trailed over to her mat, signaling for Niyi to follow her, he obliged, seating himself next to his friend. Just about to start the gist, the door opened and Akin entered the hut.

GAN, GAN!! shocked shocked

Bring it on babe! wink
Re: Ibkaye's Oral Story Haven by Nobody: 6:53pm On May 08, 2009
tubabie:

GAN, GAN!! shocked shocked

Bring it on babe! wink
Lmao cheesy
Re: Ibkaye's Oral Story Haven by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:53pm On May 08, 2009
Dear

change the "Akin kept the questions to himself" to Niyi  wink
Re: Ibkaye's Oral Story Haven by Nobody: 6:54pm On May 08, 2009
@TOH
Oops, thanks dear kiss
Re: Ibkaye's Oral Story Haven by timmfikk(m): 5:00am On May 09, 2009
hmmm hope i can go through this tomorrow
Re: Ibkaye's Oral Story Haven by yme1(f): 1:55pm On May 09, 2009
@ibk
sexy voice you have got there dearie kiss wink
Re: Ibkaye's Oral Story Haven by FLGators1: 5:00pm On May 09, 2009
Ibk, why does it have to be Akin. Ugly name.

Change it to Ife tongue tongue

Joking cheesy
Re: Ibkaye's Oral Story Haven by FLGators1: 5:00pm On May 09, 2009
@TOH
Niyi ko Yinka ni grin grin
Re: Ibkaye's Oral Story Haven by Nobody: 5:05pm On May 09, 2009
FL Gators!:

Ibk, why does it have to be Akin. Ugly name.

Change it to Ife  tongue tongue

Joking  cheesy
Wo enu e tongue

Ife sounds girlish grin

@y_me
Thanks hun smiley
Re: Ibkaye's Oral Story Haven by FLGators1: 5:06pm On May 09, 2009
No, it doesn't jor.

I love that name. Ifetayo kiss kiss

Just don't love the name bearer lipsrsealed
Re: Ibkaye's Oral Story Haven by Nobody: 5:08pm On May 09, 2009
FL Gators!:

No, it doesn't jor.

I love that name. Ifetayo kiss kiss

Just don't love the name bearer lipsrsealed
Lool I like the name too, just on girls grin

I like the name tope on boys cool
Re: Ibkaye's Oral Story Haven by FLGators1: 5:10pm On May 09, 2009
La la la la. . . .Ifetayo on girls?

ehrrm nah. tongue tongue
Re: Ibkaye's Oral Story Haven by Nobody: 5:14pm On May 09, 2009
Infact, that's my daughter's name cool grin
Re: Ibkaye's Oral Story Haven by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:15pm On May 09, 2009
abeg start brainstorming Moturnrayo Part 5 and ignore alagolo's ramblings.

alafishe derailer

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Best Stories On Nairaland Forum. / ...STRANGER THINGS.... / Confessions Of A Video Vixen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.