Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,227 members, 7,829,389 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

Who Will Be The New Governor Of Rivers State For The 90 Days? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Will Be The New Governor Of Rivers State For The 90 Days? (4333 Views)

New Photo & Look Of Celestine Omehia, Former Governor Of Rivers State / Suspense, Last Minute Thrills As Ondo Picks New Governor / Ekiti To Build New Governor’s Office, High Court At N1.9billion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Will Be The New Governor Of Rivers State For The 90 Days? by glassjar1: 2:18pm On Oct 24, 2015
Frankiss44:

You are boring

you are boiling in anger and hate parasites
Re: Who Will Be The New Governor Of Rivers State For The 90 Days? by Naijji: 2:18pm On Oct 24, 2015
Sounds suspiciously predetermined. But no p sha. Good for democracy. Just wish it will happen elsewhere too

2 Likes

Re: Who Will Be The New Governor Of Rivers State For The 90 Days? by gebest: 2:18pm On Oct 24, 2015
Na wao, is this the 1st state court will annul election? Ask kogi, bayelsa, cross river, adamawa, anambra, ekiti u wil kn better.
Re: Who Will Be The New Governor Of Rivers State For The 90 Days? by Frankiss44(m): 2:19pm On Oct 24, 2015
chukwudi44:

Bros there is nothing like 50/50 in this case. Most of Dakuku's supporters in the sw and the north are not registered voters in Rivers state. APC does not stand a chance in any 're-run elections

My brother don't put your money on it oh... It all boils down on the Federal government interference with INEC.. Let's see how the conduct of the elections in kogi and Bayelsa will look like before we can conclude if this present government/ inec can give us a free and fair election.
From thr look of things, APC wants rivers state real bad
Re: Who Will Be The New Governor Of Rivers State For The 90 Days? by Frankiss44(m): 2:20pm On Oct 24, 2015
glassjar1:

you are boiling in anger and hate parasites
You are boring
Re: Who Will Be The New Governor Of Rivers State For The 90 Days? by Frankiss44(m): 2:21pm On Oct 24, 2015
chukwudi44:

Buruji Kashamu, Gilbert Nnaji and other senators recently sacked by the Senate are still in the Senate awaiting the outcome of their appeals.No action would be taken unless the supreme court affirms the tribunal's verdict or Wike choses not to appeal(*which is unlikely)

Alright bro.
Re: Who Will Be The New Governor Of Rivers State For The 90 Days? by glassjar1: 2:22pm On Oct 24, 2015
Frankiss44:

You are boring

keep releasing carbon dioxide
Re: Who Will Be The New Governor Of Rivers State For The 90 Days? by Frankiss44(m): 2:22pm On Oct 24, 2015
glassjar1:

keep releasing carbon dioxide
You are boring
Re: Who Will Be The New Governor Of Rivers State For The 90 Days? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Oct 24, 2015
Frankiss44:

My brother don't put your money on it oh... It all boils down on the Federal government interference with INEC.. Let's see how the conduct of the elections in kogi and Bayelsa will look like before we can conclude if this present government/ inec can give us a free and fair election.
Lolz I don't think you know portharcourt very well!!! Maiduguri would be like Sheraton hotel compared to what portharcourt would become should the dullard try anything funny.

1 Like

Re: Who Will Be The New Governor Of Rivers State For The 90 Days? by MaziOmenuko: 3:27pm On Oct 24, 2015
chukwudi44:

Wike remains the Governor until the supreme court adjudicates on the matter

Lol...gubernatorial election tribunal doesn't get to the supreme court, it stops at the appellate court.

However, Woke remains a governor if he appeals the judgement and until the appeal court gives judgement. After that, if the appeal court upholds the decision of the tribunal, he will vacate office and the speaker takes charge for a duration not exceeding 90 days.
Re: Who Will Be The New Governor Of Rivers State For The 90 Days? by seunwen2(m): 3:29pm On Oct 24, 2015
MaziOmenuko:

Lol...gubernatorial election tribunal doesn't get to the supreme court, it stops at the appellate court.

However, Woke remains a governor if he appeals the judgement and until the appeal court gives judgement. After that, if the appeal court upholds the decision of the tribunal, he will vacate office and the speaker takes charge for a duration not exceeding 90 days.

The Speaker will also want to run for governor
Re: Who Will Be The New Governor Of Rivers State For The 90 Days? by Nobody: 3:33pm On Oct 24, 2015
MaziOmenuko:

Governorship elections tribunals disputes now end at the supreme court. The constitution was amended by the last Senate to accommodate that
Re: Who Will Be The New Governor Of Rivers State For The 90 Days? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Oct 24, 2015
seunwen2:

The Speaker will also want to run for governor
No new candidates can emerge, only those who contested during the last April elections would be eligible for any 're-run.
Re: Who Will Be The New Governor Of Rivers State For The 90 Days? by MaziOmenuko: 4:07pm On Oct 24, 2015
chukwudi44:

Governorship elections tribunals disputes now end at the supreme court. The constitution was amended by the last Senate to accommodate that

Haven't read about that. I'm sure you are wrong, but let me confirm first because I know constitutional amendment has to be signed off by the presidency.
Re: Who Will Be The New Governor Of Rivers State For The 90 Days? by babysophie(f): 6:03pm On Oct 24, 2015
Frankiss44:

u spoke my mind. Federal govt nids Rivers state madly cos ds s wre APC money came frm n it still hasn't finished.
Re: Who Will Be The New Governor Of Rivers State For The 90 Days? by sunnyb0b0(m): 6:07pm On Oct 24, 2015
olatunji21:

No need for the highest court... The appeal court would do, if it is in tandem with the Tribunal, sorry to burst your bubble the Speaker would be sworn in as Governor..

You need to check again. Gubernatorial cases now go up to the Supreme Court
Re: Who Will Be The New Governor Of Rivers State For The 90 Days? by Nobody: 6:11pm On Oct 24, 2015
MaziOmenuko:

Haven't read about that. I'm sure you are wrong, but let me confirm first because I know constitutional amendment has to be signed off by the presidency.
Fayose and Ambode cases were decided by the supreme court.

1 Like

Re: Who Will Be The New Governor Of Rivers State For The 90 Days? by taiwotosho22(m): 6:29pm On Oct 24, 2015
MaziOmenuko:

It's true...Osun election also ended at supreme court some weeks ago.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yoruba Citizens Sent To South East To Learn Trade And Business Skill (pictures) / Why I Think Atiku & Ibori 2019 Is Our Best Choice / Buhari N His Certificete: Another Proof That Africans Are Dumb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.