Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,034 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

What Are The Reasons You Go To Church? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Are The Reasons You Go To Church? (10210 Views)

RCCG Female Worker Sent Back Home For Wearing This To Church (Photo) / When A Lady Dresses Like This To Church / Homeless Man Inspired Me To Go To Church Today (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Reasons You Go To Church? by charlesucheh(m): 11:10am On Oct 25, 2015
It has become a Norm for people to tag those who don't go to church as sinners, and those who do as holy!
As for me, I go to church because of the inspiring messages that comes from the podium, those life enduring and earth purpose messages that will make we humans learn to see the person next to us as human. Anything aside from that, I don't do.
NB: I go to church at my own will, and when I do, I tend to see fact from what the preacher elicits.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Reasons You Go To Church? by chrixus(m): 11:12am On Oct 25, 2015
Otenestbestyaho:
To pray for the ZOO to fall!!!

The prayers thus:

God give boko haram ATOMIC and NUCLEAR bombs, let them detonate the afarmentioned weapons in north east,northwest and southwest nigeria.

Let buhari and his terrorist govt fail in all ramification and let nigerians hurl stones @ him.

Let all muslims be killed and bombed in the moques by boko haram as it is happening now.

Let boko haram kill more than 10million northerners and south westeners in their moques(terror centres).

A deadly natural deaster should hit and distroy the entire NORTHWEST.

May all the muslims start killing them selves in nigeria and the whole wide world.

God unlish your deadly anger on the yorubas, kill all of them.

And God, give us BIAFRA and make the southeast and south south the most enviable region in the world economically,morally, socially,christianly,politically etc.
... Fool ' Even your dead warlord won't pray this prayer, slowpoke. Weel' its a prayer for your dumb god to answer# omoale jatijati

1 Like

Re: What Are The Reasons You Go To Church? by ManTiger(m): 11:15am On Oct 25, 2015
Same reason you go to mosques.

Same reason you visit ur herbalist.

Nigerian Stupeed Question. #NSQ.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Reasons You Go To Church? by xtervaganza(m): 11:19am On Oct 25, 2015
I go to church to look around and have a smile when people use all the muscle in their body to pray

To me it's more or less like going to club

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Reasons You Go To Church? by Jay0079: 11:56am On Oct 25, 2015
anonimi:

Are brethren ONLY gathered in church every Sunday
Is this thread on NL not a gathering of brethren?
trapQ:
Twisting the bible won't do you no good. You can choose NL as your church if you like. That's entirely up to you.
Bro read 2nd Thessalonians 2 and also John 4.I pray u are able 2 understand better .@ anonimi Good work.
Re: What Are The Reasons You Go To Church? by danidee10(m): 12:06pm On Oct 25, 2015
Personally I go to church to keep my family's mind at ease.....I've lost faith in the church because our churches have become tribalistic money collecting centres

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Reasons You Go To Church? by manie(m): 12:08pm On Oct 25, 2015
Currently in Church today, to honour my dad who invited me to church.
Re: What Are The Reasons You Go To Church? by mmsen: 12:13pm On Oct 25, 2015
All of my favorite ashawo are in church.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Reasons You Go To Church? by ELGREF(m): 12:45pm On Oct 25, 2015
To have fellowship with my creator

1 Like

Re: What Are The Reasons You Go To Church? by Auxigen(m): 12:49pm On Oct 25, 2015
I go to Church to pray and ask God for the Grace and Power to live above Sin and Worldliness..and also for Him to lead me into the new week

1 Like

Re: What Are The Reasons You Go To Church? by Auxigen(m): 1:00pm On Oct 25, 2015
danidee10:
Personally I go to church to keep my family's mind at ease.....I've lost faith in the church because our churches have become tribalistic money collecting centres
It's true what you just said but there are still true Churches that teach the Undiluted word of God. I hereby invite you to join Holiness Revival Movement. Worldwide a non-denominational Group dedicated to. Teaching Christ's Righteous ness and Holiness
Re: What Are The Reasons You Go To Church? by danidee10(m): 1:11pm On Oct 25, 2015
Auxigen:

It's true what you just said but there are still true Churches that teach the Undiluted word of God. I hereby invite you to join Holiness Revival Movement. Worldwide a non-denominational Group dedicated to. Teaching Christ's Righteous ness and Holiness

Thank you for your invitation, i truly believe in a superior being exists that created the universe and all that's in it...but i'm still waiting for him to reveal himself to me...all these preaching and campaigning don't really convert/change people.as they say experience is the best teacher. so i'm still waiting for God to reveal himself to me so i can truly experience him
Re: What Are The Reasons You Go To Church? by iliyande(m): 1:23pm On Oct 25, 2015
searching4love:
[size=18pt] I GO TO CHURCH TO SEE HOW GULLIBLE PEOPLE ENRICH PASTORS EVERY SUNDAYS IN THE GUISE OF TITHES AND OFFERING[/size]

Only tithe is your problem with Christians?
Re: What Are The Reasons You Go To Church? by simplisity(m): 1:48pm On Oct 25, 2015
To worship God for whom He is, and to praise Him for all He has done for me, bcs witout Him, am nothing.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Reasons You Go To Church? by irisola(f): 2:21pm On Oct 25, 2015
our reasons for going to church are different.. but the main reason is to hear more of God's word nd learn to be close to him

1 Like

Re: What Are The Reasons You Go To Church? by emmygzy(m): 2:24pm On Oct 25, 2015
Otenestbestyaho:
To pray for the ZOO to fall!!!

The prayers thus:

God give boko haram ATOMIC and NUCLEAR bombs, let them detonate the afarmentioned weapons in north east,northwest and southwest nigeria.

Let buhari and his terrorist govt fail in all ramification and let nigerians hurl stones @ him.

Let all muslims be killed and bombed in the moques by boko haram as it is happening now.

Let boko haram kill more than 10million northerners and south westeners in their moques(terror centres).

A deadly natural deaster should hit and distroy the entire NORTHWEST.

May all the muslims start killing them selves in nigeria and the whole wide world.

God unlish your deadly anger on the yorubas, kill all of them.

And God, give us BIAFRA and make the southeast and south south the most enviable region in the world economically,morally, socially,christianly,politically etc.
weyrey leleyi sha. So if all this thing that you prayed for happens, you mean it wont affect you Ibo kinsmen abi? All those ibos selling electronics, okrikas, spare parts, especially in Lagos, that by december they always bring that money to the east to be forming rich men. Abi you want tell me say your broda no dey lagos dey hustle abi, or lagos resemble east. Ori e ti daru. Wa rin wo inu igbo ni. Omo ina radarada. Koni da fun e.
Re: What Are The Reasons You Go To Church? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Oct 25, 2015
Classicman47:
Sorry I haven't been going to church at all lately.

Well my candid advice to you dear, I think you should start now. Work out your salvation with fear and trembling cos whether we llike/know it or not, heaven/hell is so real. We all have our death date, it means also that no man/woman lives for ever. No kidding, the earlier you start taking your relationship with God seriously, the better for you. Remember this always, God love you die! But you gasto show respect n love to your creator too. Peace.
Re: What Are The Reasons You Go To Church? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Oct 25, 2015
danidee10:

Thank you for your invitation, i truly believe in a superior being exists that created the universe and all that's in it...but i'm still waiting for him to reveal himself to me...all these preaching and campaigning don't really convert/change people.as they say experience is the best teacher. so i'm still waiting for God to reveal himself to me so i can truly experience him

Well I truly hope you don't wait invain bro cos it realy does not happen that way to every one. the bible has been made available to you and I. God can speak to you via the holy bible so i suggest you study to show yourself approved, praise/worship God at all opportunity, add a prayer to it and be consistent in these, then you most probably wil be helped to hear His audible or still small voice. Peace
Re: What Are The Reasons You Go To Church? by onyibajoe(m): 5:36pm On Oct 25, 2015
danidee10:

Thank you for your invitation, i truly believe in a superior being exists that created the universe and all that's in it...but i'm still waiting for him to reveal himself to me...all these preaching and campaigning don't really convert/change people as they say experience is the best teacher. so i'm still waiting for God to reveal himself to me so i can truly experience him
If you keep waiting, it may be too late. It starts with you(James 4:8 ). Those preaching first submitted, then had an experience and are now obeying an order(Read 2Tim4:2)More reading: Acts 1:8;1Cor1:17-18). Also, as soon as Jesus overcame the temptation of the Devil, the very first thing he did was preach(Matthew 4:17).
Spend more time on James Chapter 4. God bless you richly as you read with understanding.
Re: What Are The Reasons You Go To Church? by Honesty007(m): 6:56pm On Oct 25, 2015
The purpose of going ot the church is that we ourselves are the church and not te buildings people are so obsessed with nowadays. It is to prepare us for Heaven and the rapture. To present us a glorious church to Jesus christ.Hebrews 12:22 to end explains mount zion also, d city of the living God.
Now to innumerable comapny of angels, to the church of the firstborn,whose names are written in heaven,To God,the judge of all men,toJesus the Mediator of a New covenant,, judge, to the spirits of Just men made perfect.

Each steps here signifies a stage in a christian life.one important thing most christians don't know is they have never asked God if their name are written in the book oflife? Their heavenly name? And to ask God if they r qualified for heaven.
Re: What Are The Reasons You Go To Church? by BrosMayowa(m): 8:21pm On Oct 25, 2015
Use my skills for God oo. I play music instruments...
Re: What Are The Reasons You Go To Church? by rev2214(m): 11:38pm On Oct 25, 2015
Its an act of worship. Coming together to honour God is like what has been happening since early church read Act of Apostle. But the question is, why on Sunday why not Saturday or any other day. Because I know everyday is for the Lord.

Re: What Are The Reasons You Go To Church? by don4real18(m): 7:14am On Oct 26, 2015
buzquet:
Why do people go to church? What are the motives/reasons for people going to church?
I think it's just for social reasons... any other ideas And do you all think that church is just about politics and money

My Own Answer

I believe personally( I can only speak for myself i dont know or want to judge anyone elses hearts) - I go becuase- 1st God told me to, (Hebrews-KJV) -2- I want to, God has given a gift to me that no man can ever buy or make, I am a pardened prisoner who is walking now in liberty, God tells me to be a man after his heart, a leader of my home and a good father, in that, He tells me to love my family and wife as He loved the church. In hebrew the word we have translated into "chuch" actually meant-"assemble". 3- the love of God and lost souls, not only does that make me want to tell everyone of my Savior, but it makes me want to follow Gods rules, part of that is to be in a place where I can worship, praise and draw closer to my God under a pastor that is the man God wants him to be.

Whats are your own reasons?
Going to church doesn't necessitate your reasons above such as the praising of God and the getting closer to him through the "MAN OF GOD"
Who is the man of God anyway... The one ordained and trained by a man?
I'm not atheist.... I just know religion is not what it's meant to be
Re: What Are The Reasons You Go To Church? by ksmartdope(m): 9:22am On Oct 26, 2015
dake40:
Its really sad that Most people don't understand why they go to church!...

Being religious is far different from being spiritual..the former is narrow in contextual meaning while the latter is wider in significance!

Ninian Smart a Religious scholar has broken what constitutes religion

He coined it as the "9 Dimensions of religion"

I will list 3 most Important of all

They include

1. Ethical dimension
Simply put, religion makes you more ethical, that is, it teaches you what to do and what not to do.. It serves as a code of conduct

Social Dimension

As the name implies 'social"..religion help to socialize with new people,, "this is a key reason some people go to church today....perhaps to seek help from members who are superior.
This Dimension also entails Dancing,singing in the presence Of God.,E.t.c

Mythical Dimension (from the word Myth)

This simply means "finding meaning to why we are here on Earth, who we really are and our purposes on Earth...its really shameful most religious practices look down on this Dimension in disdain...

Being religious does not mean you are spiritual

If you are the type that patronize church for Miracle then you belong to the religious group

Attributes of Religiousity (which I term Appearance)

1, Regular church attendance

2, Church membership

3, Fasting and prayer

4,Giving help to the needy

5,Speaking in tongues

E.T.C

Attributes of spirituality(Reality)

1. Very Cool, calm and collected

2. Usually introvert

3. Very contemplative and reflective

4. Very self-satisfied and contented

5. Detached from worldly attachments & emotions

6. Is not materialistic

7. Non-reactive, non-aggressive & non-judgemental

8. Is very loving, kind and compassionate

9. Is very Humble

10. Is very Generous, Helpful & Altruistic

11. Is very Empathetic

12. Is open-minded and insightful (s/he can see the
world without preconceived notions about people,
places, and things)

13. Gives compliments generously, but accept them
with humility

14. Does not have religious/social prejudices

15. Sublimates his/her inner anger

16. Shows equanimity for both good and bad
situations

17. High awareness of consequences

Being deceived is what I hate most in my Life..

I'd rather remain with my cool attributes and labeled an Atheist rather than Being an hypocritical snake under the green grass.
this one don turn am to him service

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

@frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) / The Power Of God’s Word – W.F. Kumuyi / Cheer Up!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.