Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,692 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

PDP Governors Hold Emergency Meeting Over Wike’s Removal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Governors Hold Emergency Meeting Over Wike’s Removal (42568 Views)

South-East, South-South Governors Hold Vigil In Owerri. Photos / Northern Governors Hold A Meeting With Buratai & NSA Monguno (Photos) / Expose By Saharareporters Led To Governor Wike’s Removal By Elections Tribunal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Governors Hold Emergency Meeting Over Wike’s Removal by delmoh: 8:08am On Oct 25, 2015
Governors in the Peoples Democratic Party are angry over the verdict of the River State Governorship Election Petitions Tribunal sitting in Abuja, which, on Saturday, sacked Mr. Nyesom Wike as governor of the state.

Their anger is further amplified as Wike’s sacking came few days after a similar tribunal ordered a rerun of governorship election in 18 local government areas of Akwa Ibom State, where the electoral victory of Mr. Udom Emmanuel, a member of the party, is also in a contest.

The Rivers tribunal on Saturday asked Wike to vacate his office and directed the Independent National Electoral Commission to organise a fresh election in the state within 90 days.

It was learnt that as a result of the new developments, the governors are to meet and discuss the implications of such judgments to the survival of the former ruling party.

The two affected states are oil-rich and are considered to be critical to the funding of the party ahead of its plan to re-strategise for the 2019 elections.

It was gathered that the PDP governors’ ‘emergency meeting’ is tentatively scheduled to hold on Friday.

Speaking to SUNDAY PUNCH on condition of anonymity, a PDP governor said, “These judgments are targeted at killing the PDP and we have to do something about it.

http://www.punchng.com/news/pdp-govs-hold-emergency-meeting-over-wikes-removal/

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Governors Hold Emergency Meeting Over Wike’s Removal by midehi2(f): 8:09am On Oct 25, 2015
the hunter has been hunted grin

103 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PDP Governors Hold Emergency Meeting Over Wike’s Removal by Mancity26(m): 8:09am On Oct 25, 2015
Mr. Wike will still win the election.. All the APC plan will not prosper.. Go and fight Book boys GMB.. #funnyNation
comedian coming soon!

89 Likes 10 Shares

Re: PDP Governors Hold Emergency Meeting Over Wike’s Removal by Young03(m): 8:11am On Oct 25, 2015
Waitin for the outcome

4 Likes

Re: PDP Governors Hold Emergency Meeting Over Wike’s Removal by franchizy(m): 8:14am On Oct 25, 2015
The main Agenda of the meeting was on how to crush the Biafrauds and get Nnamdi KANU jailed.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Governors Hold Emergency Meeting Over Wike’s Removal by oloyedayo(m): 8:19am On Oct 25, 2015
wike would have won in river state without rigging, the essence of him rigging the election to a high degree is still baffling me.

151 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PDP Governors Hold Emergency Meeting Over Wike’s Removal by autofreak2020(m): 8:21am On Oct 25, 2015
Please anyone's got idea of where I can get genuine tecno phone charger, I wouldn't mind the cost as long as it is genuine.
They are not in olowu street anymore and I don't know their new office here in Lagos.

5 Likes

Re: PDP Governors Hold Emergency Meeting Over Wike’s Removal by magaliyu(f): 8:24am On Oct 25, 2015
Wike how market?

21 Likes

Re: PDP Governors Hold Emergency Meeting Over Wike’s Removal by Opinedecandid(m): 8:27am On Oct 25, 2015
One question should be on the Governors minds.

Why are they ( the change chanters) so insistent to turn Nigeria to a one party State?

Proverbs 24:21-22 "My son fear the Lord and the King. Mingle not with them that shout CHANGE...for their calamity shall come quickly..."

18 Likes 7 Shares

Re: PDP Governors Hold Emergency Meeting Over Wike’s Removal by ricsman(m): 8:32am On Oct 25, 2015
oloyedayo:
wike would have won in river state without rigging, the essence of him rigging the election to a high degree is still baffling me.
true talk. the margin was too high
win with sense of honor not ridiculous winning.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Governors Hold Emergency Meeting Over Wike’s Removal by ORACLE1975(m): 8:35am On Oct 25, 2015
Loi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Governors Hold Emergency Meeting Over Wike’s Removal by Aufbauh(m): 8:39am On Oct 25, 2015
emmydeep:

USELESS, UNPRODUCTIVE AND LAZY YORUB@ST@RD.

BUHARI DESTROYING THE ZOO FASTER THAN EXPECTED.

PDP AND ALL CHRISTIANS SHOULD JOIN THE AGITATION FOR GOD'S HOLY COUNTRY BIAFRA. THATS THE ONLY WAY FORWARD
You can be a better suicide bomber if you decides to join boko haram so that you can make your zoo to fall faster instead of wasting that gift on nairaland.

77 Likes

Re: PDP Governors Hold Emergency Meeting Over Wike’s Removal by dustmalik: 8:40am On Oct 25, 2015
They haven't seen anything yet. The era of impunity is over

15 Likes

Re: PDP Governors Hold Emergency Meeting Over Wike’s Removal by sandraokosun: 8:51am On Oct 25, 2015
ok. Pdp hold up ur dic.k 4 the worst

8 Likes

Re: PDP Governors Hold Emergency Meeting Over Wike’s Removal by handie(m): 9:36am On Oct 25, 2015
Well, it's good they show camaraderie to their colleagues at this trying period. I still don't get why Wike and Udom had to resort to rigging. Freely and fairly, those elections woulda been won by these guys. Well, seems d desperation and desire to win big prompted them to resort to rigging. Well, we all know they'll still win even if d elections are to be conducted ten times over. Just let the people's will be done and don't try to play God this Time around

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Governors Hold Emergency Meeting Over Wike’s Removal by handie(m): 9:39am On Oct 25, 2015
emmydeep:

PDP AND ALL CHRISTIANS SHOULD JOIN THE AGITATION FOR GOD'S HOLY COUNTRY BIAFRA. THATS THE ONLY WAY FORWARD
My real guy, (put my hand on his shoulder). U sha know say u no get sense ba?

32 Likes

Re: PDP Governors Hold Emergency Meeting Over Wike’s Removal by Marvin67: 9:41am On Oct 25, 2015
handie:
Well, it's good they show camaraderie to their colleagues at this trying period. I still don't get why Wike and Udom had to resort to rigging. Freely and fairly, those elections woulda been won by these guys. Well, seems d desperation and desire to win big prompted them to resort to rigging. Well, we all know they'll still win even if d elections are to be conducted ten times over. Just let the people's will be done and don't try to play God this Time around

No where in the judgement was it said that they rigged. The judgement called for re-run on the ground of irregularities. The irregularities could have been INEC's fault, and not the fault of the candidates. In the case of Wike, it was based on the card reader, that one is INEC's fault.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Governors Hold Emergency Meeting Over Wike’s Removal by Nobody: 9:49am On Oct 25, 2015
this is not about parties but about the interest and the growth of democracy in Nigeria.
the idea behind all this is simple, get the PDP out of the rich states and in 2019, APC would have a free ride as PDP wouldn't have the financial might to do a rigorous campaign. gradually PDP would become like APGA , and Nigeria would have become a one party state.
I'm not a fan of PDP but I know how ACN was able to stay alive and later turn to APC simply because it had Lagos.
A vibrant opposition is key to Democratic advancement. only paid ApC members would be glad to see this grand plan of the APC come to fruition.

13 Likes

Re: PDP Governors Hold Emergency Meeting Over Wike’s Removal by peterswagg(m): 10:11am On Oct 25, 2015
ameachi be like
"You were governor about a wike ago,wike go?
lmao"

24 Likes

Re: PDP Governors Hold Emergency Meeting Over Wike’s Removal by Tunguy01(m): 10:20am On Oct 25, 2015
Mancity26:
Mr. Wike will still win the election.. All the APC plan will not prosper.. Go and fight Book boys GMB.. #funnyNation
comedian coming soon!
u go any of d gst class at all ? Moreover which comedian is coming, Ali baba ?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Governors Hold Emergency Meeting Over Wike’s Removal by Tunguy01(m): 10:21am On Oct 25, 2015
oloyedayo:
exactly wot am tinkin bro., seems rigging is now one of d procedure 2 get elected

2 Likes

Re: PDP Governors Hold Emergency Meeting Over Wike’s Removal by Beremx(f): 10:24am On Oct 25, 2015
autofreak2020:
Please anyone's got idea of where I can get genuine tecno phone charger, I wouldn't mind the cost as long as it is genuine.
They are not in olowu street anymore and I don't know their new office here in Lagos.
Does Tecno have original chargers? The last tecno phone i bought,a tecno mini pad (S5 or so) the charger got burnt right there in the phone shop where i bought it when it was being tested. It wasn't replaced for me so i had to buy another charger somewhere else which am still using till date.

Nonsense!!

Go and use BlackBerry charger or any other charger to charge your tecno phone jare! Nothing dey happen!

5 Likes

Re: PDP Governors Hold Emergency Meeting Over Wike’s Removal by Tunguy01(m): 10:24am On Oct 25, 2015
emmydeep:

this shows how frustrated u are, how can u let dis little tinx get so bad 2 u. Hiaaaaaaannn !!!! , bro dis is nt good 4 ur health oooo

17 Likes

Re: PDP Governors Hold Emergency Meeting Over Wike’s Removal by Tunguy01(m): 10:27am On Oct 25, 2015
Opinedecandid:

Why are they ( the change chanters) so insistent to turn Nigeria to a one party State?
because Nigeria was a one party state till March.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Governors Hold Emergency Meeting Over Wike’s Removal by Tunguy01(m): 10:29am On Oct 25, 2015
Opinedecandid:

because Nigeria was a one party state till March nd I learnt dat u shldnt sleep wit ur candle still burning 2 avoid stories dat touches d heart

9 Likes

Re: PDP Governors Hold Emergency Meeting Over Wike’s Removal by mastercee(m): 11:09am On Oct 25, 2015
One day Bush meat go catch the hunter *Singing in sound sultan's voice*

High quality female flats and ballerinas for Trendy Ladies www.nairaland.com/2648579/high-quality-fashionable-female-flat

1 Like

Re: PDP Governors Hold Emergency Meeting Over Wike’s Removal by hensben(m): 11:09am On Oct 25, 2015
Useless party and her members.

God and now functioning Nigeria constitution and rule of law will continue to hunt PDP for what they did to Nigeria and her masses for 16 years. Amen.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Governors Hold Emergency Meeting Over Wike’s Removal by adorablepepple(f): 11:10am On Oct 25, 2015
grin
Re: PDP Governors Hold Emergency Meeting Over Wike’s Removal by Dottore: 11:10am On Oct 25, 2015
Them never start. Them dey learn
Re: PDP Governors Hold Emergency Meeting Over Wike’s Removal by Mogidi: 11:10am On Oct 25, 2015
Speaking to SUNDAY PUNCH on condition of anonymity, a PDP governor said, “These judgments are targeted at killing the PDP and we have to do something about it.

Very obvious what APC wants to do.
First they move the tribunal to Abuja, next they intimidate the tribunal with EFCC and use monetary inducements if the judges are without blemish.

How come the Lagos tribunal sat in Lagos but in PDP states the tribunals are moved to Abuja?

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kingsley Moghalu Loses At His Own Polling Centre. / 2019 Campaign Poster Of Shettima & Okorocha Surfaces In Abuja / Bianca-Ebele Slap Was A Comic Relief - Soludo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.