Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,045 members, 7,810,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:17 PM

What The Hell Is "Niger Delta Republic"? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What The Hell Is "Niger Delta Republic"? (7183 Views)

We Will Declare Niger Delta Republic On October 1 – Adaka Boro Avengers / Wike Says He Is Niger Delta President, Calls Buhari Fellow President- APC Rivers / Declare Niger Delta Republic, Face Treason, Police Tell Avengers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What The Hell Is "Niger Delta Republic"? by Ugomba(m): 9:23am On Oct 25, 2015
I am Not against any agitation for self determination be it Biafra, Oduduwa, Arewa etc
But I want to talk about Niger Delta Republic and What the Anioma nation can benefit from it?
- I will rather fight and agitate for an Anioma state in a Federalism system if Nigeria adopts it than be in a Niger Delta Republic which will be a Mini Nigeria and the Ijaws will dominate everything because they will be the Majority in population plus there will a clash of political control!
_ I am Very Sure the Akwa Ibom/ Cross River will love to be in a Federalism system if Nigeria adopts it so that they will control their own resources..
I call upon all tribes and ethnicities in Nigeria for us to join hands and fight for Federalism let every state control itself.

LASTLY, South South is NOT a monoethnic region, As an Aniocha indigene, I can't speak for an Urhobo man despite the fact that we are in the same state, Let Every Tribe speak for themselves.
Efik man can speak for himself, so do an Ibibio man.
NEXT TIME, People should use for example "We Edos", "We Ijaws" instead of "we ss" because you CAN'T speak for all the tribes in this region!
I WANT FEDERALISM!
I WANT FEDERALISM!!

22 Likes

Re: What The Hell Is "Niger Delta Republic"? by Beesluv: 9:25am On Oct 25, 2015
Its located at the left side of hell.

Just joking o, quote me wrongly and you'l ....

1 Like

Re: What The Hell Is "Niger Delta Republic"? by Ugomba(m): 9:28am On Oct 25, 2015
Beesluv:
Its located at the left side of hell.

Just joking o, quote me wrongly and you'l ....
Nigeria is indeed Complex.

1 Like

Re: What The Hell Is "Niger Delta Republic"? by Ballmer: 9:33am On Oct 25, 2015
Ugomba:
Nigeria is indeed Complex.

The hell in nigerdelta republic can be likened to the hell in Biafra.
Re: What The Hell Is "Niger Delta Republic"? by Ugomba(m): 9:34am On Oct 25, 2015
atbu1983 come and tell me what Edo nation will contribute to the "Niger Delta Republic"

14 Likes

Re: What The Hell Is "Niger Delta Republic"? by Ugomba(m): 9:34am On Oct 25, 2015
Ballmer:
Df
are you alright?
Re: What The Hell Is "Niger Delta Republic"? by Ugomba(m): 9:38am On Oct 25, 2015
Moderators, catapult this thread to front page!

1 Like

Re: What The Hell Is "Niger Delta Republic"? by Ugomba(m): 9:44am On Oct 25, 2015

1 Like

Re: What The Hell Is "Niger Delta Republic"? by Tunguy01(m): 10:04am On Oct 25, 2015
Niger delta is a republic wia asari dokubo will like 2 govern
Re: What The Hell Is "Niger Delta Republic"? by naijapips02: 10:06am On Oct 25, 2015
Ugomba:
I am Not against any agitation for self determination be it Biafra, Oduduwa, Arewa etc
But I want to talk about Niger Delta Republic and What the Anioma nation will benefit from it?
- I will rather fight and agitate for an Anioma state in a Federalism system if Nigeria adopts it than be in a Niger Delta Republic which will be a Mini Nigeria and the Ijaws will dominate everything because they will be the Majority in population plus there will a clash of political control!
_ I am Very Sure the Akwa Ibom/ Cross River will love to be in a Federalism system if Nigeria adopts it so that they will control their own resources..
I call upon all tribes and ethnicities in Nigeria for us to join hands and fight for Federalism let every state control itself.

LASTLY, South South is NOT a monoethnic region, As an Aniocha indigene, I can't speak for an Urhobo man despite the fact that we are in the same state, Let Every Tribe speak for themselves.
NEXT TIME, People should use for example "We Edos", "We Ijaws" instead of "we ss" because you CAN'T speak for all the tribes in this region!
I WANT FEDERALISM!
I WANT FEDERALISM!!

What the Heck is biafra?

It is good that you guys are finally coming to reason. Breaking Nigeria up will only form many mini nigerias that would keep breaking and breaking. The igbo li's benefitting the most from Nigeria as it is now.

3 Likes

Re: What The Hell Is "Niger Delta Republic"? by Ugomba(m): 10:08am On Oct 25, 2015
naijapips02:

What the Heck is biafra?

It is good that you guys are finally coming to reason. Breaking Nigeria up will only form many mini nigerias that would keep breaking and breaking. The igbo li's benefitting the most from Nigeria as it is now.
The whole of Delta State want Federalism! Every man should answer his surname.

3 Likes

Re: What The Hell Is "Niger Delta Republic"? by Ugomba(m): 10:11am On Oct 25, 2015
Tunguy01:
Niger delta is a republic wia asari dokubo will like 2 govern
Ijaws will dominate it, Count Anioma nation out pls!
A Nigeria with Federalism is better that a Niger Delta Republic which will be a clashing battle of many tribes.

4 Likes

Re: What The Hell Is "Niger Delta Republic"? by DaBullIT(m): 10:12am On Oct 25, 2015
Niger Delta Republic = A dream that can not come true
Re: What The Hell Is "Niger Delta Republic"? by naijapips02: 10:14am On Oct 25, 2015
Ugomba:
The whole of Delta State want Federalism! Every man should answer his surname.

Yes. If we truly want to break Nigeria, there would be at least 10 countries out of Nigeria. The ijaws want an ijaw nation, the urhobos the same. And your clamour for biafran independent is not superior to say the ikwere nation.

1 Like

Re: What The Hell Is "Niger Delta Republic"? by Tunguy01(m): 10:18am On Oct 25, 2015
Ugomba:
Ijaws will dominate it, Count Anioma nation out pls!
A Nigeria with Federalism is better that a Niger Delta Republic which will be a clashing battle of many tribes.
Nigeria is like an onion, der are too many layers, even d niger delta gan is nt united.., confusion evrywia !!
Re: What The Hell Is "Niger Delta Republic"? by Nobody: 10:19am On Oct 25, 2015
Ugomba:
atbu1983 come and tell me what Edo nation will contribute to the "Niger Delta Republic"

Let me tell you, only edo state is willing to form a country of its own. Edo state has enough oil to take care of only edo state.

To Make it clear to you, in the month of June, edo state got 1billion naira as 13 percent derivative. That means crude oil sales produced by edo state that month is 16billion naira.

However the total allocation to edo state that month of June 2015 was about 3billion naira.

If you dont know how 13% derivative is calculated let me tell you.

The total money from oil in FAAC account is divided with federal govt collecting about 52% and all the 36 states collecting about 48%.

It is inside the 48% for all the 36 states that 13% is collected and shared among oil producing states according to the amount of oil produced by that territory.

Now apart from crude oil, edo states has alot of palm oil. Note palm oil is d major source of Malasia economy. Edo also have alot of coal, timber and rubber. In edo north in Okpila edo has alot of Limestone.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What The Hell Is "Niger Delta Republic"? by martha89: 10:20am On Oct 25, 2015
Ugomba:
. I think it's a good thing Igbo's don't want us in their Biafra because majority of us don't care. There is no need to drag Edo in because atbu1983 only speak for himself.

2 Likes

Re: What The Hell Is "Niger Delta Republic"? by Ugomba(m): 10:30am On Oct 25, 2015
atbu1983:

Let me tell you, only edo state is willing to form a country of its own. Edo state has enough oil to take care of only edo state.

To Make it clear to you, in the month of June, edo state got 1billion naira as 13 percent derivate. That means crude oil sales produced by edo state that month is 16billion naira.

However the total allocation to edo state that month of June 2015 was about 3billion naira.

If you dont know how 13% derivative is calculated let me tell you.

The total money from oil in FAAC account is diveded with federal govt collecting about 52% and all the 36 states collecting about 48%.

It is inside the 48% for all the 36 states that 13% is collected and shared among oil producing states according to the amount of oil produced by that territory.

Now apart from crude oil, edo states has alot of palm oil. Note palm oil is d major source of Malasia economy. Edo also have alot of coal, timber and rubber. In edo north in Okpila edo has alot of Limestone.
Oya start agitating for Republic Of Edo.. who told you that An Akwa Ibom man will want a seperate country with edos in the name of Niger Delta?
Delta State, we want Federalism
Rivers state want Federalism
Akwa Ibom/Cross River want Federalism
Bayelsa want Federalism.
- Stop this attache by force and agitate for Edo Republic.. My opinion

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: What The Hell Is "Niger Delta Republic"? by Nobody: 10:34am On Oct 25, 2015
Ugomba:
But I want to talk about Niger Delta Republic and What the Anioma nation can benefit from it?

I WANT FEDERALISM!
I WANT FEDERALISM!!

I don't like the collective SS identity either

Resource control sure pass

4 Likes

Re: What The Hell Is "Niger Delta Republic"? by Ugomba(m): 10:36am On Oct 25, 2015
AuntySusan:

I don't like the collective SS identity either
Resource control sure pass
gbam, you understand what I mean..
Re: What The Hell Is "Niger Delta Republic"? by Nobody: 10:36am On Oct 25, 2015
Tell that to the acclaimed nigerdelta spokespersons ... Barcanista nd Truckpusher .... They removed imo nd Abia from nigerdelta claiming only state in southsouth are nigerdelta states ... We the egbema in Rivers are igbos nd there is notin the ijaw can do abt it .... Ijaw group should stop speaking for all the ethnic group in SS

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What The Hell Is "Niger Delta Republic"? by Ugomba(m): 10:44am On Oct 25, 2015
Euro31:
Tell that to the acclaimed nigerdelta spokespersons ... Barcanista nd Truckpusher .... They removed imo nd Abia from nigerdelta claiming only state in southsouth are nigerdelta states ... We the egbema in Rivers are igbos nd there is notin the ijaw can do abt it .... Ijaw group should stop speaking for all the ethnic group in SS
Federalism in Nigeria is what I want.. With a prime minister in Aso Rock.

1 Like

Re: What The Hell Is "Niger Delta Republic"? by Truckpusher(m): 10:47am On Oct 25, 2015
Euro31:
Nobody claimed to be the spokesperson for the Niger Delta but we are simply telling you the simple mindset of our people .

Take it or leave, it's your call - Don't say you weren't warned when the shiit hits fan.

4 Likes

Re: What The Hell Is "Niger Delta Republic"? by Nobody: 10:53am On Oct 25, 2015
Truckpusher:
Nobody claimed to be the spokes person for the Niger Delta but we are simply telling you the simple mindset of our people .

Take it or leave, it's your call - Don't say you weren't warned when the shiit hits fan.
who are ur people ? Anioma, ogoni, ikwerre ?? U ijaws should speak for urselves only... Don't speak for us .... We are not one

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: What The Hell Is "Niger Delta Republic"? by Nobody: 10:55am On Oct 25, 2015
Ugomba:

I WANT FEDERALISM!
I WANT FEDERALISM!!

No region in nigeria is Made up of one ethnic group.

2 Likes

Re: What The Hell Is "Niger Delta Republic"? by basilo101: 10:57am On Oct 25, 2015
All igboland is Biafra. Other tribes cn join if they want. But if dey want to form dia own, they shud nt dream of touching any part of igboland. We dnt kia abt d ss or niger delta contraption. Evrybody rep dia tribe. Also if dia is true fedralism all agitations will die

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What The Hell Is "Niger Delta Republic"? by Nobody: 11:01am On Oct 25, 2015
Ugomba:

I WANT FEDERALISM!
I WANT FEDERALISM!!
True talk!!

2 Likes

Re: What The Hell Is "Niger Delta Republic"? by Ugomba(m): 11:01am On Oct 25, 2015
chuna1985:

No region in nigeria is Made up of one ethnic group.
south west are yorubas. Its a monoethnic region
Re: What The Hell Is "Niger Delta Republic"? by Nobody: 11:03am On Oct 25, 2015
Truckpusher:
Nobody claimed to be the spokesperson for the Niger Delta but we are simply telling you the simple mindset of our people .

If I may ask; Who are your people and what is their mindset?
And what do u mean by the bold?

1 Like

Re: What The Hell Is "Niger Delta Republic"? by Warlord3000(m): 11:37am On Oct 25, 2015
Gosh this is quite revealing and interesting.

Seriously learning how far we have gone in our division via ethnicity
Re: What The Hell Is "Niger Delta Republic"? by Nobody: 12:12pm On Oct 25, 2015
naijapips02:

What the Heck is biafra?

Abeg how are the Igbo's benefitting more than anyone else...
I will like to know

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Breaking News: Sen Uche Ekwunife Winner APC Senatorial Primary Election / Epic Reply To PMB Congratulatory Message To Donald Truimp / We Transmit 25,000m3 Of Water Daily To Enugu Metropolis, Says Corporation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.