Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,544 members, 7,823,385 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

We Transmit 25,000m3 Of Water Daily To Enugu Metropolis, Says Corporation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Transmit 25,000m3 Of Water Daily To Enugu Metropolis, Says Corporation (7191 Views)

Ugwuanyi Commences Road Maintenance In Enugu Metropolis / Governor Ugwuanyi Imposes 24-hour Curfew In Enugu Metropolis / COVID-19: Fire Service Fumigates Enugu Metropolis, Environs (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Transmit 25,000m3 Of Water Daily To Enugu Metropolis, Says Corporation by OEPHIUS(m): 6:09pm On Dec 01, 2018

…Presents status report on water supply

The administration of Gov. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State said it has through the recent rehabilitation of facilities at Ajalli and Oji River Water Treatment Schemes registered a remarkable improvement in the daily supply of water to Enugu metropolis and its environs.

A status report by the Managing Director of Enugu State Water Corporation, Engr. Chidozie Eze, stated that “Ajalli and Oji water schemes presently produce 10,000m3 and 15,000m3 respectively daily.”

Engr. Eze revealed that “prior to the assumption of office by the present administration, the water supply situations in Enugu metropolis and Nsukka urban were comatose with Oji and Ajalli water schemes almost at the verge of collapse”.

He added that “Nsukka urban was barely managing with one functional borehole”, disclosing that Gov. Ugwuanyi’s administration consequently “invested enormous fund in the rehabilitation of Oji Augmentation and Ajalli Water schemes”.

The managing director maintained that contrary to erroneous impression being peddled that there is no water in Enugu, there has been increased water production and distribution to more consumers in Enugu metropolis as “tremendous boost in water supply has been noticed by the residents of Enugu”.

According to him, “the high elevated areas of Enugu that have not been supplied water for a long time now, prior to the inception of Ugwuany’s administration, had water within last month and counting.

“Such areas include but not limited to Nkpokiti, Rangers Camp, Independence Avenue, Ezillo Street, Federal Government College, Iyienu Street, Rangers Avenue, House of Assembly and parts of Nza Street”.

Engr. Eze further disclosed that “significant feat was achieved in getting water to some areas in Abakpa that we were hitherto unable to supply because of low level of water in our reservoirs”.

At the University town of Nsukka, Engr. Eze said that four boreholes are now functional as against two, stressing that it has “greatly improved water supply to areas such as Enugu Road, Onuiyi, Ibagwa Road, Obollo Road, G.R.A, Ogurugu Road, Barrack Junction, Ofulonu Road, Odenigbo, Amukwa, etc”.

The Managing Director further stated that because of persistent problem of power supply from the Enugu Electricity Distribution Company (EEDC), the present administration in the state embarked on the construction of a dedicated power line linking Ajalli scheme to Oji Sub-station.

“This project has been completed and energized” and “power supply to this water scheme has consequently and tremendously improved”, the managing director said.

On the leakage at the foot of the Milliken Hill, Ngwo, for over two decades, which reduced the quantity of water that gets to the consumers, he explained that the state government has constructed a pipeline by-passing the reservoir, to ensure adequate supply of water to the people.

Engr. Eze, who pointed out that the last batch of water treatment chemicals supplied in February 2016 have since been exhausted, disclosed that “as soon as this situation was made known to His Excellency, he gave approval for the replenishment of water treatment chemicals in the stores”, saying: “We have already received truck-loads of alum and lime while others are in transit”.

Re-emphasizing the need for the sustenance of the significant improvements in supply of water in Enugu urban and Nsukka, the corporation reiterated the state government’s commitment to ensure adequate water supply to the people of the state in line with its four-point agenda. #amokelouis

https://thepunditng.com/we-transmit-25000m3-of-water-daily-to-enugu-metropolis-says-corporation/

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Transmit 25,000m3 Of Water Daily To Enugu Metropolis, Says Corporation by Denikayan: 7:27pm On Dec 01, 2018
Good

Enugu is moving forward, Anambra retrogressing. Obiano is in the beer parlor consuming beer

5 Likes

Re: We Transmit 25,000m3 Of Water Daily To Enugu Metropolis, Says Corporation by tstx(m): 7:27pm On Dec 01, 2018
I remember when i was schooling in UNN... Those days in IJ... there were times i had to bath with purewater because water no dey....

Meanwhile yall need to read this.. Especially if you are an African
4 Unethical Medical Experiments That Used Africans As Guinea Pigs
Re: We Transmit 25,000m3 Of Water Daily To Enugu Metropolis, Says Corporation by calddon(m): 7:29pm On Dec 01, 2018
Enugu Town's biggest shortcoming: LACK OF WATER
20litre sells for 50naira

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Transmit 25,000m3 Of Water Daily To Enugu Metropolis, Says Corporation by Mario619(m): 7:29pm On Dec 01, 2018
So beautiful... Water cooperation? In Nigeria?

Meanwhile I found this pix who know what the one on crown is saying pointing his brain? grin

Re: We Transmit 25,000m3 Of Water Daily To Enugu Metropolis, Says Corporation by WFblacc(m): 7:29pm On Dec 01, 2018
Story for the gods

4 Likes

Re: We Transmit 25,000m3 Of Water Daily To Enugu Metropolis, Says Corporation by JoseVanMoyes: 7:30pm On Dec 01, 2018
transmitor transmission
Re: We Transmit 25,000m3 Of Water Daily To Enugu Metropolis, Says Corporation by jerrybakermillz(m): 7:30pm On Dec 01, 2018
And we get water full south, except edo cause most of their LG lack water

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Transmit 25,000m3 Of Water Daily To Enugu Metropolis, Says Corporation by JIDEproudAFONJA(f): 7:30pm On Dec 01, 2018
Only? Shame! The Transmission Boss transmits millions in an hour yet denies it and even sends out his war dogs on those who he refer to him as the Transmitter.
Re: We Transmit 25,000m3 Of Water Daily To Enugu Metropolis, Says Corporation by Nobody: 7:30pm On Dec 01, 2018
Liars!
Re: We Transmit 25,000m3 Of Water Daily To Enugu Metropolis, Says Corporation by WFblacc(m): 7:30pm On Dec 01, 2018
I blame jubrin
Re: We Transmit 25,000m3 Of Water Daily To Enugu Metropolis, Says Corporation by Nobody: 7:31pm On Dec 01, 2018
Good one
Re: We Transmit 25,000m3 Of Water Daily To Enugu Metropolis, Says Corporation by Bamidey: 7:32pm On Dec 01, 2018
Seun your mods don kolo. Pushing same topic twice for FP grin grin grin
Re: We Transmit 25,000m3 Of Water Daily To Enugu Metropolis, Says Corporation by Bundaweber: 7:33pm On Dec 01, 2018
jerrybakermillz:
And we get water full south, except edo cause most of their LG lack water

how come most of edo lg lack water
Re: We Transmit 25,000m3 Of Water Daily To Enugu Metropolis, Says Corporation by Kingtim(m): 7:34pm On Dec 01, 2018
two thread with same title
Re: We Transmit 25,000m3 Of Water Daily To Enugu Metropolis, Says Corporation by naijacentric(m): 7:35pm On Dec 01, 2018
Sometimes i wonder if we are cursed in dis country
Re: We Transmit 25,000m3 Of Water Daily To Enugu Metropolis, Says Corporation by GerogeI(m): 7:35pm On Dec 01, 2018
OEPHIUS:

https://thepunditng.com/we-transmit-25000m3-of-water-daily-to-enugu-metropolis-says-corporation/

So says a Gov. who cannot keep simple traffic light functional. Got into Enugu yesterday, and went out today, to my surprise,
Traffic light at ESBS is dead
Traffic light at presidential is dead
Traffic light at Car Wash on presidential road is dead
The only functioning traffic light I saw today was the one in front of stadium.

What are you guys rehabilitating, when you cannot maintain the one you have already. Go to Polo park mall, it is gradually turning into an eye sore. Poor cleaning, with book sellers now lining the passages as if it is ogbete! Even the tiles on the parking lot grows weed, with all kinds of adhoc construction outside. Its a mall for goodness sake, not a village market.

8 Likes

Re: We Transmit 25,000m3 Of Water Daily To Enugu Metropolis, Says Corporation by Ttipsy(f): 7:49pm On Dec 01, 2018
GerogeI:

So says a Gov. who cannot keep simple traffic light functional. Got into Enugu yesterday, and went out today, to my surprise,

What are you guys rehabilitating, when you cannot maintain the one you have already. Go to Polo park mall, it is gradually turning into an eye sore. Poor cleaning, with book sellers now lining the passages as if it is ogbete! Even the tiles on the parking lot grows weed, with all kinds of adhoc construction outside. Its a mall for goodness sake, not a village market.
traffic lights your problem
Re: We Transmit 25,000m3 Of Water Daily To Enugu Metropolis, Says Corporation by mysticgal(f): 7:51pm On Dec 01, 2018
GerogeI:

take 5 nwanne... angry
they just be propagating rubbish. the only thing I see is enugu is in the hands of God.

3 Likes

Re: We Transmit 25,000m3 Of Water Daily To Enugu Metropolis, Says Corporation by Dearlord(m): 8:00pm On Dec 01, 2018
I love my beautiful state .
No need of drainage after rainfall

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Transmit 25,000m3 Of Water Daily To Enugu Metropolis, Says Corporation by Tonymegabush1(m): 8:16pm On Dec 01, 2018
If not for the discovery of borehole digging only God knows what would have been our fate.

NB.. Back to the topic pipe borehole Water project digging in enugu no be child's play ooo I have carried out borehole project both in enugu and Anambra that of enugu cost x4 of just wot I spend in anambra will be glad if the enugu state government could make this project a reality.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Transmit 25,000m3 Of Water Daily To Enugu Metropolis, Says Corporation by Tonymegabush1(m): 8:19pm On Dec 01, 2018
If not for the discovery of borehole digging only God knows what would have been our fate.

NB.. Back to the topic pipe borehole Water project digging in enugu no be child's play ooo I have carried out borehole project both in enugu and Anambra that of enugu cost x4 of just wot I spend in anambra will be glad if the enugu state government could make this project a reality.
Tonymegabush1:

For my village in enugu na rain water reservoirs we dey use

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Transmit 25,000m3 Of Water Daily To Enugu Metropolis, Says Corporation by ottidex(m): 8:32pm On Dec 01, 2018
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][img][/img][img][/img][sub][/sub]
Ennyholar:
What's up with this Temi?
Re: We Transmit 25,000m3 Of Water Daily To Enugu Metropolis, Says Corporation by koolbe(m): 8:36pm On Dec 01, 2018
Lies!!! There's no water in Enugu. Water tanker drivers having been making good money on our heads

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Transmit 25,000m3 Of Water Daily To Enugu Metropolis, Says Corporation by NCANTaskForce: 8:38pm On Dec 01, 2018
OEPHIUS I think you should be ashamed of your lies, Stop misleading the public for subscription peanut from Gburugburu, Posterity will question you.

2 Likes

Re: We Transmit 25,000m3 Of Water Daily To Enugu Metropolis, Says Corporation by Elymoney(f): 9:19pm On Dec 01, 2018
mysticgal:

take 5 nwanne... angry
they just be propagating rubbish. the only thing I see is enugu is in the hands of God.

It will end in praise. cheesy
Re: We Transmit 25,000m3 Of Water Daily To Enugu Metropolis, Says Corporation by lonelydora: 9:23pm On Dec 01, 2018
At the University town of Nsukka, Engr. Eze said that four boreholes are now functional as against two, stressing that it has “greatly improved water supply to areas such as Enugu Road, Onuiyi, Ibagwa Road, Obollo Road, G.R.A, Ogurugu Road, Barrack Junction, Ofulonu Road, Odenigbo, Amukwa, etc”

While growing up at No 76 Ofulonu road, Nsukka back in the days, we usually have water on Saturdays and Wednesdays.

The only borehole i knew then was 'Ishi Engine' near the UNN main gate. It was when i came to Port Harcourt i started hearing about boreholes in people's compound.

1 Like

Re: We Transmit 25,000m3 Of Water Daily To Enugu Metropolis, Says Corporation by Abagworo(m): 10:13pm On Dec 01, 2018
I don't think that's enough for the population of the State. The challenge of water is so high in Enugu that hotels use trucks to buy water and pump into overhead tanks.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

List Of NDA Victims Names, Religion And State Of Origin. Do You See The Pattern? / National Convention: APC Fails To Begin Sale Of Forms, Aspirants Worry / Pictures Of Protest Against 'national Dialogue Summit' In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.