Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,407 members, 7,830,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

Boko Haram In Control Of Two Lg’s In Borno – Gov. Shettima - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram In Control Of Two Lg’s In Borno – Gov. Shettima (2518 Views)

Wike Sacks Two LG Council Bosses Over Non-participation At Jubillee Anniversary / Corpse Of Gov. Shettima's Aide Who Died In Fatal Accident Arrives Borno(pics) / Why I Didn’t Call GEJ After Chibok Girls Were Abducted By Boko Haram — Borno Gov (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram In Control Of Two Lg’s In Borno – Gov. Shettima by MizMyColi(f): 4:34pm On Oct 25, 2015

Governor of Borno State, Alhaji Kashim Shettima, has disclosed that Boko Haram controls 2 Local Government Areas in Borno State.

Alhaji Kashim Shettima revealed this while receiving the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Mr. Babachir David Lawan, who led a six-man delegation on a condolence Visit to the Borno State Government.

The governor also dismissed insinuation that the attacks were acts of authority of the insurgents. He said it was only a strategy by the insurgents to attract attention, having almost lost the battle.

“They are presently controlling two local governments in Borno State; Abadam and Mobbar and partially in Marte,” he disclosed.

The governor insisted that the bombings that were witnessed in recent times were only to show to the world that the terrorists were still around and have no relevance to their prowess.

He said: “At some point, Boko Haram overran 20 out of our 27 local government areas in Borno State. They overran four local government areas in Adamawa and two in Yobe.”

He disclosed that to forestall further attacks in mosques, he had summoned all Imams of mosques in Maiduguri, Jere and surrounding areas as well as district heads, village heads and those manning streets called lawans and Bulamas, for a security meeting which will be led by the Shehu of Borno, Abubakar Ibn Umar Garbai Elkanemi.

The governor said the meeting scheduled for today would discuss firm measures that might require policy pronouncements required to address the renewed attacks.

The SGF whiled commiserating with the Governor and the people of Borno said, “the president on hearing what befell Adamawa and Borno states and the country yesterday (Friday) decided to set up this team to come and commiserate with you.

“The president is always compassionate and emotional when things like these happen to the people of Borno state, Nigeria is indeed very sad that these things continue to reoccur so often.”

He said, “defeating insurgency on the battle ground is different from defeating it from the urban areas.

“And knowing that their days are numbered it is clear that they have changed their styles and strategies and have now resorted to bomb blast even in religious areas, no one would have expected that one would have woken up to explode himself in a mosque, killing Muslims and maiming innocent worshippers in mosque.”

Lawan said: “The president has said we should highlight that security is everybody’s business, because some of these people live among us and the only way we can eliminate this menace is by being vigilant and observant. We should monitor the activities of people that seem strange and people that look strange and people that are strangers in our midst.
http://www.thebreakingtimes.com/boko-haram-in-control-of-two-lgs-in-borno-shettima/

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram In Control Of Two Lg’s In Borno – Gov. Shettima by MizMyColi(f): 4:35pm On Oct 25, 2015
Lalasticlala
Re: Boko Haram In Control Of Two Lg’s In Borno – Gov. Shettima by HungerBAD: 4:35pm On Oct 25, 2015
Sad.

I am assuming he wanted to say controlled, which would mean a past tense.

I know the Nigeria Army, is busy clearing the North up now. The other Boko Boys, I read somewhere are hiding in Cameroun.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram In Control Of Two Lg’s In Borno – Gov. Shettima by chocolateme(f): 4:36pm On Oct 25, 2015
Ok

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram In Control Of Two Lg’s In Borno – Gov. Shettima by oloyedayo(m): 4:42pm On Oct 25, 2015
The way to conquer bokoharam is by seeing the problem as that of Nigeria and not NE alone. If north have not politicise BH from onset it wouldn't have gone this far.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram In Control Of Two Lg’s In Borno – Gov. Shettima by Nobody: 4:54pm On Oct 25, 2015
HungerBAD:
Sad.

I am assuming he wanted to say controlled, which would mean a past tense.

I know the Nigeria Army, is busy clearing the North up now. The other Boko Boys, I read somewhere are hiding in Cameroun.

Bros he said controls which is in present tense!!! The Daura President is loosing it!! By May 29 GEJ handed back to him all the local governmnet areas in the country but the dullard has succeeded in losing two of them including over 2000 lives to boko haram!!

Comming from a president with a military background,this is rather disapointing.

19 Likes

Re: Boko Haram In Control Of Two Lg’s In Borno – Gov. Shettima by Nobody: 4:55pm On Oct 25, 2015
Great...time to finish them off

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram In Control Of Two Lg’s In Borno – Gov. Shettima by HungerBAD: 4:56pm On Oct 25, 2015
chukwudi44:

Bros he said controls which is in present tense!!! The Daura President is loosing it!! By May 29 GEJ handed back to him all the local governmnet areas in the country but the dullard has succeeded in losing two of them including over 2000 lives to boko haram!!

Comming from a president with a military background,this is rather disapointing.

Devil always waiting for bad news.

Ekwensu.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram In Control Of Two Lg’s In Borno – Gov. Shettima by Nobody: 4:59pm On Oct 25, 2015
HungerBAD:

Devil always waiting for bad news.

Ekwensu.

Olodo if your dullard of a president was doing his job,there wont be news like this and hence no need for me to be commenting on such threads.

23 Likes

Re: Boko Haram In Control Of Two Lg’s In Borno – Gov. Shettima by Nobody: 5:02pm On Oct 25, 2015
chukwudi44:

Olodo if your dullard of a president was doing his job,there wont be news like this and hence no need for me to be commenting on such threads.

brainless drunkard if ur clueless president did not treat the bokoharam ish with kids gloves for campaign purposes we would not have been here today.

5 Likes

Re: Boko Haram In Control Of Two Lg’s In Borno – Gov. Shettima by HungerBAD: 5:02pm On Oct 25, 2015
chukwudi44:

Lol.

I think the Governor misspoke.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram In Control Of Two Lg’s In Borno – Gov. Shettima by mightyhaze: 5:03pm On Oct 25, 2015
Wow
Re: Boko Haram In Control Of Two Lg’s In Borno – Gov. Shettima by abiolert(m): 5:03pm On Oct 25, 2015
funny though, I tot they said Boko boys do not control any territory again in Nigeria? so were is this one coming from again. Don't this Boko boys die at all?
Re: Boko Haram In Control Of Two Lg’s In Borno – Gov. Shettima by EdCure: 5:06pm On Oct 25, 2015
The credibility of the source is questionable, though. The Wailers' most recent propaganda machine.
But my honest opinion is that Buhari will do far better as defence minister than being minister of petroleum. Winning the war in the NE is much crucial than personally supervising the activities of the oil sector.
TBH, the president need to fight the greed in him.

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram In Control Of Two Lg’s In Borno – Gov. Shettima by TIMEISWISDOM(m): 5:06pm On Oct 25, 2015
I thought BH is no longer capable of holding territories?
Re: Boko Haram In Control Of Two Lg’s In Borno – Gov. Shettima by Nobody: 5:09pm On Oct 25, 2015
I thought that APC said that they captured all the LGA in Borno, APC sponsored Boko haram to win the election, even years before the election when GEJ was serious fighting and attacking boko haram, Buhari said that an attack on boko haram is an attack on the North. Nemesis must surely caught up APC and their supporters. The law of Karma will continue to visit them

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram In Control Of Two Lg’s In Borno – Gov. Shettima by ERAKAMUS: 5:12pm On Oct 25, 2015
We (BokoHaram) are wining the war - Bull.ariiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Re: Boko Haram In Control Of Two Lg’s In Borno – Gov. Shettima by Nobody: 5:15pm On Oct 25, 2015
HungerBAD:

Lol.

I think the Governor misspoke.

I think the Governor is more informed than you.

8 Likes

Re: Boko Haram In Control Of Two Lg’s In Borno – Gov. Shettima by chimerase2: 5:17pm On Oct 25, 2015
undecided
Re: Boko Haram In Control Of Two Lg’s In Borno – Gov. Shettima by Nobody: 5:23pm On Oct 25, 2015
I suppose these 2 local governments are in sambisa else.....
Re: Boko Haram In Control Of Two Lg’s In Borno – Gov. Shettima by dustmalik: 5:29pm On Oct 25, 2015
Thebreakingtimes is a known PDP propaganda media outlet. Mods, don't move it to front-page until this can be verified by a reliable source.
Re: Boko Haram In Control Of Two Lg’s In Borno – Gov. Shettima by inme: 5:32pm On Oct 25, 2015
GEJ must be laughing at Buhari right now

5 Likes

Re: Boko Haram In Control Of Two Lg’s In Borno – Gov. Shettima by LogoDWhiz(m): 5:33pm On Oct 25, 2015
Bad!

Thought the Army said they are already in extinction?
Is this their own definition of it?
Re: Boko Haram In Control Of Two Lg’s In Borno – Gov. Shettima by Nobody: 5:34pm On Oct 25, 2015
dustmalik:
Thebreakingtimes is a known PDP propaganda media outlet. Mods, don't move it to front-page until this can be verified by a reliable source.

But once it is shakara reporters ,it becomes credible and can be pushed to the frontpage baa!! Hypocrite!!

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram In Control Of Two Lg’s In Borno – Gov. Shettima by SolutionsGuy: 5:35pm On Oct 25, 2015
chukwudi44:

Did you also see “At some point, Boko Haram overran 20 out of our 27 local government areas in Borno State. They overran four local government areas in Adamawa and two in Yobe.”? GEJ saw boko haram grow from a 5-man group to snatching over 20 LGAs from Nigeria. Now from 20 to 2 and someone believes we are loosing it. So 2 is greater than 20? I wonder who is a dullard.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram In Control Of Two Lg’s In Borno – Gov. Shettima by gebest: 5:37pm On Oct 25, 2015
Well this is bad news, boko haram is a beast.
Re: Boko Haram In Control Of Two Lg’s In Borno – Gov. Shettima by Nobody: 5:40pm On Oct 25, 2015
kingsolex:

brainless drunkard if ur clueless president did not treat the bokoharam ish with kids gloves for campaign purposes we would not have been here today.

If the "clueless" President did not hand over all the local government areas in the country to Buhari,perhaps you would have made some sense.But getting 100% of the local government and losing 2 of them under 5 months has got nothing to do with GEJ!! Buhari simply wasnt qualified to enlist in the nigerian army as an officer and it is begining to show in his job!!inefficiency can never be hidden anyway

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram In Control Of Two Lg’s In Borno – Gov. Shettima by dustmalik: 5:41pm On Oct 25, 2015
chukwudi44:

But once it is shakara reporters ,it becomes credible and can be pushed to the frontpage baa!! Hypocrite!!
Whether you like it or not, agree or not, SR has a sterling history of credibility.
As for being a hypocrite, every reasonable person on this site would agree that you are the most hypocritical being on here.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram In Control Of Two Lg’s In Borno – Gov. Shettima by Nobody: 5:49pm On Oct 25, 2015
dustmalik:

Whether you like it or not, agree or not, SR has a sterling history of credibility.
As for being a hypocrite, every reasonable person on this site would agree that you are the most hypocritical being on here.
Sterling history of credibility indeed!! Those fools have dragged the journalism profession to the mud!! Only certified fools take them seriously.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram In Control Of Two Lg’s In Borno – Gov. Shettima by sunny12345679: 5:52pm On Oct 25, 2015
You see their life. And they have been lying to us that they are wining bokoharam , yet they are still holding 2 local government. This is a big shame to president bubu and APC. Where is Lia Mohammad?
Re: Boko Haram In Control Of Two Lg’s In Borno – Gov. Shettima by Herald47: 5:53pm On Oct 25, 2015
Had it been that these people supported gej in the fight against bh,maybe bh would have been a thin of the past instead they were giving bh moral because they thought they are frustrating gej by doing so,gej is somewhere enjoying his retirement and flexing with the world leaders.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram In Control Of Two Lg’s In Borno – Gov. Shettima by Descartes: 5:56pm On Oct 25, 2015
EdCure:
The credibility of the source is questionable, though. The Wailers' most recent propaganda machine.
But my honest opinion is that Buhari will do far better as defence minister than being minister of petroleum. Winning the war in the NE is much crucial than personally supervising the activities of the oil sector.
TBH, the president need to fight the greed in him.

grin cheesy grin
Simply put... "Buhari needs to fight the greed in him" - EdCure (October 25,2015)

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Senator Ben Bruce And Unknowing Hypocrisy / Directors/owners Of Real Oil Block Owners In Nigeria As Revealed By This Day: / Despite Being An Ex-convict,PDP Members Troopout 2 Support Ibori At Thanksgiving

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.