Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,674 members, 7,823,909 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

Maria Atere, FUNAAB Student Dies; Lost To "Negligence" - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Maria Atere, FUNAAB Student Dies; Lost To "Negligence" (32586 Views)

FUNAAB Student Union Set To Repair Camp-funaab Road / 500L Covenant University Student Dies In School (Photo) / Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maria Atere, FUNAAB Student Dies; Lost To "Negligence" by mekadmiry(m): 9:50am On Oct 26, 2015
Some people who know nothing about medicine will come here and start shouting, blaming doctors.
No doctor has a right to write a referral for a patient he never treated. what do you want him to write ?
Pls get your facts right....her death is painful....God knows best.....stop blaming anybody.

5 Likes

Re: Maria Atere, FUNAAB Student Dies; Lost To "Negligence" by whosayswot100(m): 9:51am On Oct 26, 2015
RIP
So sad
Re: Maria Atere, FUNAAB Student Dies; Lost To "Negligence" by BOWOTO(m): 9:52am On Oct 26, 2015
Bonapart:
Rip pretty one
And many will open their gutter mouth and tell you they don't believe in spirituality...
Only constant prayers and faithfulness can save you in this wicked world
"Pray without season"
The only thing I don't play with is prayer
So you believe it's your prayer and faithfulness that has been keeping you alive?
Re: Maria Atere, FUNAAB Student Dies; Lost To "Negligence" by Nobody: 9:53am On Oct 26, 2015
Bonapart:
Rip pretty one
And many will open their gutter mouth and tell you they don't believe in spirituality...
"Pray without season"
my dear. It's prayer oh.. May God keep listening to our prayers, #Grace

1 Like

Re: Maria Atere, FUNAAB Student Dies; Lost To "Negligence" by xtervaganza(m): 9:53am On Oct 26, 2015
Bonapart:
Rip pretty one
"Pray without season"
you're a folia fool

So how did you know the late didn't pray? You jew worshippers are sometimes incredibly stoopid
Re: Maria Atere, FUNAAB Student Dies; Lost To "Negligence" by RealAdewole(m): 9:55am On Oct 26, 2015
opyscol:

Same happened in my school too! This guy was rushed to health centre from his Room in the hostel but the doctors demanded for his Clinic card and refused to treat him. He died moments later! It's very sad the ways student are treated at school health centres
I think NANS should do something about it cause it is getting worse
Re: Maria Atere, FUNAAB Student Dies; Lost To "Negligence" by frisky2good(m): 9:55am On Oct 26, 2015
Why do people act like illiterates in the heat of the moment? Where in the world do doctors write referral letters without seeing the patient? It is the duty of the doctor that is making the referral and he eventually did it. I'm not even sure they needed any letter since she was involved in an accident. All these kind of things happen when there are too many people trying to make decisions at the same time. Noone is ready to take responsibility. I once witnessed a ridiculous scene. A guy was stabbed and was bleeding seriously. He could no longer stand on his own and the people there were making arrangements to take him to a police station. I asked why and they said they needed to get a police report. To get to the police station is about 30 minutes drive to the right while there was a general hospital less than 10 minutes drive to our left. I made them realize how stupid they were and told them to take him to the hospital while some of us went to the police station to report the case. By the time we got to the hospital with a police officer, he was already in the emergency ward receiving blood. People should learn to remain calm in emergency situations.

6 Likes

Re: Maria Atere, FUNAAB Student Dies; Lost To "Negligence" by emmadaji: 9:56am On Oct 26, 2015
That doctor should punish for this act of negligence.
sudden death shall never be our portion in Jesus

RIP the death
Re: Maria Atere, FUNAAB Student Dies; Lost To "Negligence" by mymadam(m): 9:57am On Oct 26, 2015
duduade:
...buh why didn't the ideal clinic doctor not write a letter immediately rather than waiting for a referral letter from the schoool doctor. .. RIP

Apparently, the students, in their wisdom, wanted to use the school ambulance and only the FUNAAB doctor could write a covering letter for its use.
Re: Maria Atere, FUNAAB Student Dies; Lost To "Negligence" by mekadmiry(m): 10:01am On Oct 26, 2015
modestdude:
Students Union Government is DEAD.

In the days of yore, Students Union Executives would have beaten the Doctor blue black upon his refusal to write the referral letter.

I don't think they (SUG) understand the FORCE at their whims and caprices which they command and which rest on their shoulder.
And that is why SUG will continue to remain DEAD in most campuses.
So many teenagers walking around campus as undergraduates......any small thing beat, kill, wound, riot...........nobody goes to read again.
Are u a doctor ? What do u know about a doctor's ethic code ?
You want a doctor to write a referral letter for a patient he didn't treat ? You want him to go to jail ?
The doctor did the correct things...
1. he identified immediately that her case can only be handled at FMC
2. he told u guys to rush to FMC, that FMC won't demand referral note
3. u guys wasted time

5 Likes

Re: Maria Atere, FUNAAB Student Dies; Lost To "Negligence" by damton(m): 10:01am On Oct 26, 2015
Bonapart:
Rip pretty one
"Pray without season"
It is pray without CEASING not SEASON.
Re: Maria Atere, FUNAAB Student Dies; Lost To "Negligence" by Shollyps(m): 10:03am On Oct 26, 2015
Bonapart:
Rip pretty one
"Pray without season"
werey..
who tell you she no pray?or pastor no dey die?it can happen to anybody whether you pray or not
and it is pray without CEASING ..not season...be familiar with your bible more
thanks... rip young lady
Re: Maria Atere, FUNAAB Student Dies; Lost To "Negligence" by meforyou1(m): 10:04am On Oct 26, 2015
Students and senselessness. Why blame the university doctor? How can he write a referral letter without seeing the patient?
Re: Maria Atere, FUNAAB Student Dies; Lost To "Negligence" by texazzpete(m): 10:06am On Oct 26, 2015
But some of our Nigerian Students are clowns sha

How can a doctor write a referral letter for a patient he has not yet seen? or examined?

This goes beyond 'doctor bashing' and in the realms of 'gross stupidity'

emmadaji:
RIP the death

You should refund your school fees to your parents and take up carpentry. I don't think you're intellectually equipped enough for cerebral work.

6 Likes

Re: Maria Atere, FUNAAB Student Dies; Lost To "Negligence" by meforyou1(m): 10:08am On Oct 26, 2015
Why didn't they rush the girl to FMC direct?
Hospitals have Accidents and Emergency wards. And that doesn't need referral.
Re: Maria Atere, FUNAAB Student Dies; Lost To "Negligence" by renod(m): 10:09am On Oct 26, 2015
r.i.p maria
Re: Maria Atere, FUNAAB Student Dies; Lost To "Negligence" by DiegoNakel(m): 10:09am On Oct 26, 2015
She's is actually a former colleague of mine in Secondary school days at NIGERIA PREMIER COLLEGE.
Immediately I read the news this morning on Nairaland, tears rolled down my eyes.
Maria Atere why, we love you but God loves you more .

2 Likes

Re: Maria Atere, FUNAAB Student Dies; Lost To "Negligence" by pelumity: 10:10am On Oct 26, 2015
Na wa oo... RIP
Re: Maria Atere, FUNAAB Student Dies; Lost To "Negligence" by engrjacuzzi: 10:13am On Oct 26, 2015
so sad.... our doctors sly us a lot simply because we entrust them for medical help.
Re: Maria Atere, FUNAAB Student Dies; Lost To "Negligence" by meforyou1(m): 10:15am On Oct 26, 2015
modestdude:
Students Union Government is DEAD.

In the days of yore, Students Union Executives would have beaten the Doctor blue black upon his refusal to write the referral letter.

I don't think they (SUG) understand the FORCE at their whims and caprices which they command and which rest on their shoulder.
those your student union executives are foools. Why will a doctor write a referral letter on a patient he did not see or treat?
Re: Maria Atere, FUNAAB Student Dies; Lost To "Negligence" by meforyou1(m): 10:20am On Oct 26, 2015
emmadaji:

RIP the death
define negligence
Re: Maria Atere, FUNAAB Student Dies; Lost To "Negligence" by OKUCHI11(m): 10:20am On Oct 26, 2015
Louislewis:
[size=16pt]Make u go read your book. U dey there dey call for protest as if sey your protest go bring her back. Why una no advice her to stop minimize riding on okada?[/size][size=8pt][/size]
why will they not call for the protest ....do you want the injustice in Nigerian School helth centre to continue ?
Re: Maria Atere, FUNAAB Student Dies; Lost To "Negligence" by ferarifero(m): 10:21am On Oct 26, 2015
R I P
Re: Maria Atere, FUNAAB Student Dies; Lost To "Negligence" by Bonapart(m): 10:21am On Oct 26, 2015
Shollyps:
werey..
who tell you she no pray?or pastor no dey die?it can happen to anybody whether you pray or not
and it is pray without CEASING ..not season...be familiar with your bible more
thanks... rip young lady
and you think you've said it all.... except you burn out your flesh and cleave to the spirit alone, you can never see far

Tnx for ur correction
Re: Maria Atere, FUNAAB Student Dies; Lost To "Negligence" by friendl: 10:22am On Oct 26, 2015
Life na bad business
Re: Maria Atere, FUNAAB Student Dies; Lost To "Negligence" by Bonapart(m): 10:22am On Oct 26, 2015
adeekiti:
my dear. It's prayer oh.. May God keep listening to our prayers, #Grace
big Amen!!!

1 Like

Re: Maria Atere, FUNAAB Student Dies; Lost To "Negligence" by Bonapart(m): 10:22am On Oct 26, 2015
BOWOTO:
So you believe it's your prayer and faithfulness that has been keeping you alive?
Grace and mercy
Re: Maria Atere, FUNAAB Student Dies; Lost To "Negligence" by meforyou1(m): 10:23am On Oct 26, 2015
DiegoNakel:
She's is actually a former colleague of mine in Secondary school days at NIGERIA PREMIER COLLEGE.
Immediately I read the news this morning on Nairaland, tears rolled down my eyes.
Maria Atere why, we love you but God loves you more .
my condolences
Re: Maria Atere, FUNAAB Student Dies; Lost To "Negligence" by Bonapart(m): 10:23am On Oct 26, 2015
erad:

Very stupid comment.
If they don't believe in spirituality, how's it any concern of yours?
Why can't y'all just do your thing and let others do theirs?
For your mind now, you don make sense.
Silence would have really done you a lot of good.

Learn to respect the opinions and beliefs of others. If God wanted us all to believe in the same thing, he sure has the power to.

Besides, it's "Pray without ceasing" (1 Thessalonians 5:17).
you're forgiven
Re: Maria Atere, FUNAAB Student Dies; Lost To "Negligence" by meforyou1(m): 10:25am On Oct 26, 2015
OKUCHI11:
why will they not call for the protest ....do you want the injustice in Nigerian School helth centre to continue ?
what did the health centre do? The girl wasn't taken there.
Re: Maria Atere, FUNAAB Student Dies; Lost To "Negligence" by BOWOTO(m): 10:31am On Oct 26, 2015
Bonapart:
Grace and mercy
Now you're talking my man.
Re: Maria Atere, FUNAAB Student Dies; Lost To "Negligence" by OKUCHI11(m): 10:35am On Oct 26, 2015
meforyou1:
what did the health centre do? The girl wasn't taken there.
hmmm I love that ......when the case was reported, why wasn't the ambulance released on time ......and even if they had gone to the sch health centre ....wouldn't the medical practitional demad for medical card

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Medicine And Surgery: Is It Worth The Attention It Gets? / Universities That Accept Waec And Neco Combination / Nairaland University Of Lagos Student Chat Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.