Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,200 members, 7,818,666 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

How I Survived Road Accident, By Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How I Survived Road Accident, By Obasanjo (2076 Views)

Photos From The Burial Of Zainab Asari Dokubo Who Died In Road Accident / Revealed: How Ex-president Obasanjo Survived Road Accident / Buhari Inaugurated By Obasanjo As Petroleum Minister In 1976 (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Survived Road Accident, By Obasanjo by anonimi: 9:53am On Oct 26, 2015
For those who were saying the news of the accident suffered by the Agbaya of Owu is not true =>

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo yesterday spoke on his accident on the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway on Saturday, saying he had a lucky escape.

Reliving how it all happened, Chief Obasanjo said the accident was caused by a burst tyre.

He said he was on his way to attend the 80th birthday celebrations of billionaire businessman Chief Kessington Adebutu in Lagos.

A statement by his media aide, Vitalis Ortese, reads: “The Office of … Obasanjo wishes to clarify that he is hale, hearty and away in Abidjan, Cote Ivoire, where he is observing the Presidential Elections holding in that country.

“The office also wishes to confirm, that on Saturday, October 24, 2015, Obasanjo was indeed involved in an accident on the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, after Sagamu roundabout, while he was on his way to join in the celebrations of the 80th birthday anniversary of Chief Adebutu in Tinubu Methodist Church, Lagos.

“The vehicle, he was travelling in suffered a burst left tyre at the rear and swerved several times but did not hit any curb or any car in front or behind until it did a 180-degree turn and faced where it was coming from, and he had to change vehicles.

“Obasanjo wishes to convey his deep appreciation to all those, who by way of calls, personal messages and prayers, and indeed members of the general public, who have shown overwhelming concern about his welfare.”

The deteriorating road has been a source of worry to the public.

It takes longer time to travel on it because of huge craters.

Trailers, trucks and other heavy duty vehicles fall on it at will, causing heavy taffic.

During its eight-year tenure – 1999 – 2007 – the Obasanjo administration did not do anything to rehabilitate the road.

The late President Umaru Yar’Adua, who succeeded him, awarded contract for the road’s rehabilitation to Bi-Courtney, but its execution was stalled by disagreement between the government and the concessionaire.

But former President Goodluck Jonathan cancelled the concession and awarded the job to Reynolds Construction Company (RCC) and Julius Berger.

Yesterday, Mr. Hakeem Olopade, a director of Motorways Asset Limited, which is working with the Federal Ministry of Works on the “delivery of a fully-enhanced Lagos-Ibadan express road”, said the tempo of work would soon increase with the re-dedication of all stakeholders to its completion on schedule.

Speaking with reporters in Lagos, Olopade said the need for due process, enhancements to earlier design and nature had been responsible for the slow pace of work on “the novel PPP-structured road.”

More from: http://thenationonlineng.net/how-i-survived-road-accident-by-obasanjo/

And the useless, incestuous General Bully-Aminu was busy telling LIES and writing PROPAGANDA letters against a humble who is better-by-far than he is. The thing wey BAD BELLE dey cause ehn!

Re: How I Survived Road Accident, By Obasanjo by oludamy(m): 9:56am On Oct 26, 2015
mhnnnn............. was president for 8 years, he couldn't do anything 'bout the road. mtchew

1 Like

Re: How I Survived Road Accident, By Obasanjo by merry02(m): 9:56am On Oct 26, 2015
Thank God

1 Like

Re: How I Survived Road Accident, By Obasanjo by anonimi: 9:57am On Oct 26, 2015

1 Like

Re: How I Survived Road Accident, By Obasanjo by Bobbystanley(m): 10:08am On Oct 26, 2015
He should have died.

Useless Ebola owu or whatever they call him.

1 Like

Re: How I Survived Road Accident, By Obasanjo by Starships4u(m): 10:09am On Oct 26, 2015
And the said he was going for STELLA'S 10yrs in grave anniversary.... Bloggers can lie eh.....
Anyways in all sincerity, the only thing good OBJ brought upon NIGERIA was telecommunications......others are evil.....
Don't quote me cos I dint use ur sub to comment

1 Like

Re: How I Survived Road Accident, By Obasanjo by Nelsizzy(m): 10:17am On Oct 26, 2015
Nemesis. The road he couldn't maintain during his tenure almost cost his death.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Survived Road Accident, By Obasanjo by BALLOSKI: 12:03pm On Oct 26, 2015

Obasanjo wishes to clarify that he is hale, hearty and away in Abidjan, Cote Ivoire, where he is observing the Presidential Elections holding in that country.
I wonder why those wailers would want to have us believe that what Jonathan is currently doing in Tanzania is being done for the first time by a Nigerian or former Nigerian president. I think obj was in south America to observe elections at some points.

What's it with tagging Jonathan a hero or being seen as one simply because he was called upon to observe an election in Tanzania?

Baba, may God protect you!
Re: How I Survived Road Accident, By Obasanjo by Viktor1983(m): 12:19am On Oct 27, 2015
Here comes Pa 3rd Term again....

1 Like

Re: How I Survived Road Accident, By Obasanjo by M4gunners: 1:03am On Oct 27, 2015
Thank God for your life. Next topic please.
Re: How I Survived Road Accident, By Obasanjo by Nobody: 1:09am On Oct 27, 2015
u no gree build road wen u were president. Thousands lost their lives on that road. Maybe na thieir spirits dey target u.

1 Like

Re: How I Survived Road Accident, By Obasanjo by anonimi: 6:07am On Oct 27, 2015
shockwave91:
u no gree build road wen u were president. Thousands lost their lives on that road. Maybe na thieir spirits dey target u.

I guess the remaining 200 million mumus are waiting to also die and become spirits due to the NEGLIGENCE of OBJ and other leaders looters from the LGA level to state and federal, so we can target these looters who KILL us daily by stealing our money instead of building facilities for us, not so
I wonder how France, Europe and America would look today if the French followed our example of waiting to die and become spirits BEFORE targeting those who turn us to DEPRAVED citizens.
I wonder!!!

[img]http://www.pliniocorreadeoliveira.info/1713.jpg[/img]
Re: How I Survived Road Accident, By Obasanjo by oluseyiforjesus(m): 7:03am On Oct 27, 2015
Ok
Re: How I Survived Road Accident, By Obasanjo by acunon: 7:05am On Oct 27, 2015
Baba na witchcraft, even before the so called accident occur, him go dun dissappear off. We too know him story, carry on ebura!
Re: How I Survived Road Accident, By Obasanjo by erasergozy: 7:09am On Oct 27, 2015
Lagos-Ibadan Express road been a deathtrap since time imoriver
Re: How I Survived Road Accident, By Obasanjo by Nobody: 12:03pm On Oct 27, 2015
anonimi:

I guess the remaining 200 million mumus are waiting to also die and become spirits due to the NEGLIGENCE of OBJ and other leaders looters from the LGA level to state and federal, so we can target these looters who KILL us daily by stealing our money instead of building facilities for us, not so
I wonder how France, Europe and America would look today if the French followed our example of waiting to die and become spirits BEFORE targeting those who turn us to DEPRAVED citizens.
I wonder!!!

[img]http://www.pliniocorreadeoliveira.info/1713.jpg[/img]

LOL. I was making a dumb joke. Dats all smiley i have d same emotions as u friend...

1 Like

Re: How I Survived Road Accident, By Obasanjo by anonimi: 12:41pm On Oct 27, 2015
shockwave91:
LOL. I was making a dumb joke. Dats all smiley i have d same emotions as u friend...

Noted with thanks wink

(1) (Reply)

The Paris Bombers And Terrorists Came To France As Refugees Weeks Ago / Anti-corruption War Will Backfire,bello May Lose To Faleke Says Primate Ayodele / Nigeria To Under-Study Iranian Model Of Diversification, Says Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.