Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,672 members, 7,827,463 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

Radio Comments In Rivers Shows That The APC May Be More Purpular Than The PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Radio Comments In Rivers Shows That The APC May Be More Purpular Than The PDP (4587 Views)

2019: South-West APC May Replace Buhari With Tinubu – Dele Momodu / Kogi: APC May Pick Simon Achuka As Bello’s Deputy — Leadership Newspaper / APC May Lose Senate Presidency To PDP - Thisday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Radio Comments In Rivers Shows That The APC May Be More Purpular Than The PDP by izuoguboy: 12:53pm On Oct 26, 2015
If you reside in Rivers and listens to radio stations you will have notices that contributors to political matters have more of APC supporters than the PDP. this may be an indication that the APC may be more popular than the ruling PDP since the contributes represent statistically a cross section of the 23 local government area in the state. if you are an ardent follower of political discussion on Radio especially in 92.3 Nig. Info you must have been familiar with names like Ebere from Rumu Ndele, Bar. chizy, Glad West, Akanto Boutique, Jude Ubani, suzy from Erema, Chimanem Wordi, Chile from Ugbakiri, Innocent Amadi, Basil Amadi, Mrs. Dimkpa, Emzor Uzor, Baba for the masses, D Radio senator, J A J, etc. these names and perhaps more are about the most popular radio contributors in the state. these callers are scattered all over the 23 local government of the state with more than 60% pro APC supporters. similar statistics is also true for the Unknown contributors.

though in PH and obio/Akpor LGAs due to the large population of the non indigenous Igbos who make up over 45% of the population there, PDP seem to hold sway in these two local government. This is perhaps the reason why most people think that Rivers is mainly PDP. though am not a fan, PDP should go back and do their home work to win over support in other LGA because there will be no federal migth this time around. I remembered one of Wike's campaigns in Rumueme Area of PH where he told his supporters to endeavour to vote for GEJ and forget about him. that the very day of the guber they would use cane on the APC supporters. this advantage is no more longer there hence PDP should mobilize to field the earlier the better.

these are just my unbiased views

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Radio Comments In Rivers Shows That The APC May Be More Purpular Than The PDP by dammytosh: 1:01pm On Oct 26, 2015
izuoguboy:
If you reside in Rivers and listens to radio stations you will have notices that contributors to political matters have more of APC supporters than the PDP. this may be an indication that the APC may be more popular than the ruling PDP since the contributes represent statistically a cross section of the 23 local government area in the state. if you are an ardent follower of political discussion on Radio especially in 92.3 Nig. Info you must have been familiar with names like Ebere from Rumu Ndele, Bar. chizy, Glad West, Akanto Boutique, Jude Ubani, suzy from Erema, Chimanem Wordi, Chile from Ugbakiri, Innocent Amadi, Basil Amadi, Mrs. Dimkpa, Emzor Uzor, Baba for the masses, D Radio senator, J A J, etc. these names and perhaps more are about the most popular radio contributors in the state. these callers are scattered all over the 23 local government of the state with more than 60% pro APC supporters. similar statistics is also true for the Unknown contributors.

though in PH and obio/Akpor LGAs due to the large population of the non indigenous Igbos who make up of over 45% of the population there, PDP seem to hold sway in these two local government. This is perhaps the reason why most people think that Rivers is mainly PDP. though am not a fan, PDP should go back and do their home work to win over support in other LGA because there will be no federal migth this time around. I remembered one of Wike's campaigns in Rumueme Area of PH where he told his supporters to endeavour to vote for GEJ and forget about him. that the very day of the guber they would use cane on the APC supporters. this advantage is no more longer there hence PDP should mobilize to field the earlier the better.

Wike might lose this election.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Radio Comments In Rivers Shows That The APC May Be More Purpular Than The PDP by izuoguboy: 1:05pm On Oct 26, 2015
Re: Radio Comments In Rivers Shows That The APC May Be More Purpular Than The PDP by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:06pm On Oct 26, 2015
I dont care if PDP or APC win the rerun. What we want is free and fair election

9 Likes

Re: Radio Comments In Rivers Shows That The APC May Be More Purpular Than The PDP by pazienza(m): 1:12pm On Oct 26, 2015
"though in PH and obio/Akpor LGAs due to the large population of the non indigenous Igbos who make up of over 45% of the population there, PDP seem to hold sway in these two local government. This is perhaps the reason why most people think that Rivers is mainly PDP".

OP, are you out of your mind? Are Igbos the indigenes of PH and Obio akpor? Is Wike an Igbo man?

Why must you bring Ndiigbo into rivers people election? Isn't it common sense that Ikwerres are more populous in PH and Obio/ akpor LGAs , and since Wike is an Ikwerre man, most of them support him as their son.
Heck, even Wike is from Obio/Akpor LGA.

OP. Mind yourself o! Leave Ndiigbo out of your rivers bullshit. Nah by force?
The support Wike has in Obio/ Akpor and PH LGA is because, those two LGAs are indigenous to Ikwerre people, and Wike is an Ikwerre man.

Leave Ndiigbo out of your madness.

8 Likes

Re: Radio Comments In Rivers Shows That The APC May Be More Purpular Than The PDP by stebell(m): 1:18pm On Oct 26, 2015
izuoguboy:

though in PH and obio/Akpor LGAs due to the large population of the non indigenous Igbos who make up over 45% of the population there, PDP seem to hold sway in these two local government. This is perhaps the reason why most people think that Rivers is mainly PDP. though am not a fan, PDP should go back and do their home work to win over support in other LGA because there will be no federal migth this time around. I remembered one of Wike's campaigns in Rumueme Area of PH where he told his supporters to endeavour to vote for GEJ and forget about him. that the very day of the guber they would use cane on the APC supporters. this advantage is no more longer there hence PDP should mobilize to field the earlier the better.

First and foremost, those callers yu mention above resides in Port Harcourt and are mainly frm the Ikwerre speaking part of Rivers State.
they listen to 92.3fm Naija info fm, and their tots or comment cant be used as a yardstick to say APC are more popular in the state.
the same scenario played out during the presidential election and yu wud think that Buhari wud win Rivers. yu know wat happened afterward.
i pray the elections are conducted now so yu cud see the landslide, water and air slide victory Wike wud get.

1 Like

Re: Radio Comments In Rivers Shows That The APC May Be More Purpular Than The PDP by kingdompropty: 1:19pm On Oct 26, 2015
Friend, Nig. Info entertains callers from Lagos, sorry to burst your bubble, enzo etc are all Lagos residents.
Re: Radio Comments In Rivers Shows That The APC May Be More Purpular Than The PDP by izuoguboy: 1:24pm On Oct 26, 2015
pazienza:
"though in PH and obio/Akpor LGAs due to the large population of the non indigenous Igbos who make up of over 45% of the population there, PDP seem to hold sway in these two local government. This is perhaps the reason why most people think that Rivers is mainly PDP".

OP, are you out of your mind? Are Igbos the indigenes of PH and Obio akpor? Is Wike an Igbo man?

Why must you bring Ndiigbo into rivers people election? Isn't it common sense that Ikwerres are more populous in PH and Obio/ akpor LGAs , and since Wike is an Ikwerre man, most of them support him as their son.
Heck, even Wike is from Obio/Akpor LGA.

OP. Mind yourself o! Leave Ndiigbo out of your rivers bullshit. Nah by force?
The support Wike has in Obio/ Akpor and PH LGA is because, those two LGAs are indigenous to Ikwerre people, and Wike is an Ikwerre man.

Leave Ndiigbo out of your madness.

don't quite get your point brov

2 Likes

Re: Radio Comments In Rivers Shows That The APC May Be More Purpular Than The PDP by izuoguboy: 1:28pm On Oct 26, 2015
stebell:

First and foremost, those callers yu mention above resides in Port Harcourt and are mainly frm the Ikwerre speaking part of Rivers State.
they listen to 92.3fm Naija info fm, and their tots or comment cant be used as a yardstick to say APC are more popular in the state.
the same scenario played out during the presidential election and yu wud think that Buhari wud win Rivers. yu know wat happened afterward.
i pray the elections are conducted now so yu cud see the landslide, water and air slide victory Wike wud get.
do you reside in PH more than half of those names are neither resident of PH or Obio/Akpor. As regard to the April elections do you actually witness the election?

1 Like

Re: Radio Comments In Rivers Shows That The APC May Be More Purpular Than The PDP by pazienza(m): 1:29pm On Oct 26, 2015
izuoguboy:

don't quite get your point brov

Point is that you should stop puting Ndiigbo in the middle of controversy.

Wike is an Ikwerre man, not an Igbo man. Ndiigbo( except Oyigbo and Egbema) are not part of Rivers state.
There are many ethnic groups in Rivers state, yet you decided to pick Ndiigbo out and insert us in your Rivers state local politics. To what end?

Why must you all look for ways to scapegoat the Igbo man? Please remove that 45% Igbos in that your post, and replace it with 45% Ikwerres. Ikwerres are the support base of Wike, not Ndiigbo.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Radio Comments In Rivers Shows That The APC May Be More Purpular Than The PDP by izuoguboy: 1:30pm On Oct 26, 2015
kingdompropty:
Friend, Nig. Info entertains callers from Lagos, sorry to burst your bubble, enzo etc are all Lagos residents.
please don't comment if you are not resident in PH sad

4 Likes

Re: Radio Comments In Rivers Shows That The APC May Be More Purpular Than The PDP by izuoguboy: 1:36pm On Oct 26, 2015
pazienza:

Point is that you should stop puting Ndiigbo in the middle of controversy.

Wike is an Ikwerre man, not an Igbo man. Ndiigbo( except Oyigbo and Egbema) are not part of Rivers state.
There are many ethnic groups in Rivers state, yet you decided to pick Ndiigbo out and insert us in your Rivers state local politics. To what end?

Why must you all look for a ways to scapegoat the Igbo man? Please remove that 45% Igbos in that your post, and replace it with 45% Ikwerres. Ikwerres are the support base of Wike, not Ndiigbo.

your personal opinion noted. my analysis is based on what is on ground as a Rivers residence from Imo state. what even make you think that the Ikwerris as a whole support Wike?

1 Like

Re: Radio Comments In Rivers Shows That The APC May Be More Purpular Than The PDP by pazienza(m): 1:43pm On Oct 26, 2015
izuoguboy:

your personal opinion noted. my analysis is based on what is on ground as a Rivers residence from Imo state. what even make you think that the Ikwerris as a whole support Wike?

And what made you believe that Ndiigbo as a whole support Wike?

Oh, Wike is not supported as a whole by his Ikwerre people, but you present it like Igbos as a unit support Wike?

Can't you see the folly in that stance of yours as an Igbo man?

If you present Wike as Igbo candidate, and he loses, the Ikwerres who presented themselves as not fully in support of him( Wike) in their slimy nature will rush and identify with Dakuku, while all of them, both Ikwerres and Dakuku people will unite as Rivers people, and point Igbos as enemies of Rivers state government, ie Dakukus government.

If his Ikwerre people are not sticking out their necks for him, don't you think it's foolish for Ndiigbo to do the same.

Whether Dakuku( Amaechi) or Wike wins, Ikwerre interests are well protected in Rivers state.

Ndiigbo should do the same. Work with both Dakuku and Wike individually, but refuse to identify with any of them publicly by way public endorsements or actions that may portray us as supporters of any one of them.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Radio Comments In Rivers Shows That The APC May Be More Purpular Than The PDP by stebell(m): 1:44pm On Oct 26, 2015
izuoguboy:

do you reside in PH more than half of those names are neither resident of PH or Obio/Akpor. As regard to the April elections do you actually witness the election?

I dont only reside in Ph, I come frm that state Rivers.
So I k now wat am sayin g wen it comes to popularity
Re: Radio Comments In Rivers Shows That The APC May Be More Purpular Than The PDP by ghostmist: 1:48pm On Oct 26, 2015
pazienza:

And what made you believe that Ndiigbo as a whose supports Wike?

Oh, Wike is not supported as a whole by his Ikwerre people, but you present it like Igbos as whole supports Wike?

Can't you see the folly in that stance on the part of you as an Igbo man?

If you present Wike as Igbo candidate, and he loses, the Ikwerres who presented themselves as not fully in support of him( Wike) in their slimy nature will rush and identify with Dakuku, while all of them, both Ikwerres and Dakuku people will unite as Rivers people, and point Igbos as enemies of Rivers state government, ie Dakukus government.

He is yet to understand.He is yet to come to grasp with how Nigerian politics is played. Had it been we knew what we know now prior to the Presidential election, a whole lot of things would have turned out differently.

5 Likes

Re: Radio Comments In Rivers Shows That The APC May Be More Purpular Than The PDP by izuoguboy: 1:53pm On Oct 26, 2015
pazienza:

And what made you believe that Ndiigbo as a whose supports Wike?

Oh, Wike is not supported as a whole by his Ikwerre people, but you present it like Igbos as whole supports Wike?

Can't you see the folly in that stance on the part of you as an Igbo man?

well I don't know if u'r a Rivers resident. I base my analyses on what I see. Majority of Igbos in Rivers wheather you like it or not will vote for Wike because of the GEj-Buhary sentiment. whether you like it or not this sentiment is still subsisting. unless event changes in future to upturn it.
The stats I gave is based on what is on ground. txs

2 Likes

Re: Radio Comments In Rivers Shows That The APC May Be More Purpular Than The PDP by pazienza(m): 1:59pm On Oct 26, 2015
izuoguboy:

well I don't know if u'r a Rivers resident. I base my analyses on what I see. Majority of Igbos in Rivers wheather you like it or not will vote for Wike because of the GEj-Buhary sentiment. whether you like it or not this sentiment is still subsisting. unless event changes in future to upturn it.
The stats I gave is based on what is on ground. txs

And why must Ndiigbo be the centre of your Rivers state political calculation? Why must you be beaming the spotlight on Ndiigbo?

Why don't you tell us who majority of Kalabaris, Okrikas, Ogonis, Andonis, Ikwerres, Ogbas will vote?

Huh! Is the GEJ sentiments no longer active in those places?
Biko parkia one side, you lots are part of the problem we have. Go on and vote Wike, but don't be making public noise about it, do it discretely. How hard is that?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Radio Comments In Rivers Shows That The APC May Be More Purpular Than The PDP by izuoguboy: 2:02pm On Oct 26, 2015
stebell:

I dont only reside in Ph, I come frm that state Rivers.
So I k now wat am sayin g wen it comes to popularity

if you are from Rivers state you aught to know that we have contributors to political programs from all over the state. from Omoku to Asari tolu, from Ahaoda to Khana, from Oyibo to Okrika so I don't understand you

1 Like

Re: Radio Comments In Rivers Shows That The APC May Be More Purpular Than The PDP by warrior01: 2:11pm On Oct 26, 2015
Op, let me give you this last Federal warning; never in your life involve Ndigbo in your local politics. We belong to everyone and no one; for to your tent oh Israel

1 Like

Re: Radio Comments In Rivers Shows That The APC May Be More Purpular Than The PDP by izuoguboy: 2:14pm On Oct 26, 2015
pazienza:

And why must Ndiigbo be the centre of your Rivers state political calculation? Why must you be beaming the spotlight on Ndiigbo?

Why don't you tell us who majority of Kalabaris, Okrikas, Ogonis, Andonis, Ikwerres, Ogbas will vote?

Huh! Is the GEJ sentiments no longer active in those places?
Biko parkia one side, you lots are part of the problem we have. Go on and vote Wike, but don't be making public noise about it, do it discretely. How hard is that?
sorry mr/mrs, maybe u'r misconstruing my line of argument. I use Ndi igbo of which am proudly one to correct a perception that people erroneously believed. people generally believe that Rivers state starts and end in PH and Obio/Akpor which are mainly PDP ostensibly as I result of the huge Igbo population who majorly support the PDP. am not making a case or parmutation for the Igbos in Rivers. they can vote who ever they like. what am reporting to you right now is what is on ground.

2 Likes

Re: Radio Comments In Rivers Shows That The APC May Be More Purpular Than The PDP by warrior01: 2:14pm On Oct 26, 2015
Op, let me give you this last Fedral warning; never in your life involve Ndigbo in your local politics. We belong to everyone and no one; for to your tent oh Israel.

1 Like

Re: Radio Comments In Rivers Shows That The APC May Be More Purpular Than The PDP by izuoguboy: 2:19pm On Oct 26, 2015
warrior01:
Op, let me give you this last Fedral warning; never in your life involve Ndigbo in your local politics. We belong to everyone and no one; for to your tent oh Israel.

I do not involve Ndi Igbo in any politics. What I gave is just analysis as I see it in my state of residence

2 Likes

Re: Radio Comments In Rivers Shows That The APC May Be More Purpular Than The PDP by stebell(m): 2:26pm On Oct 26, 2015
izuoguboy:

if you are from Rivers state you aught to know that we have contributors to political programs from all over the state. from Omoku to Asari tolu, from Ahaoda to Khana, from Oyibo to Okrika so I don't understand you

My point is that most of those calling that radio station are APC members and not neutrals. So yu cant infer that because of some group of people calling the station every day in the morning means APC is popular in the state.
Re: Radio Comments In Rivers Shows That The APC May Be More Purpular Than The PDP by ziccoit: 2:36pm On Oct 26, 2015
FOLYKAZE:
I dont care if PDP or APC win the rerun. What we want is free and fair election

May God bless you. Let there be free, fair and credible electoral process. That is only when our democracy can grow.

1 Like

Re: Radio Comments In Rivers Shows That The APC May Be More Purpular Than The PDP by izuoguboy: 2:41pm On Oct 26, 2015
stebell:

My point is that most of those calling that radio station are APC members and not neutrals. So yu cant infer that because of some group of people calling the station every day in the morning means APC is popular in the state.

am not refering to any particular radio station as the trend is the same in all the radio stations in Rivers State. and as I said in my main post the trend for the popular caller is also the same for the mainstream callers.
also, you saying that it is only APC that tune to radio station is the funniest comment I have ever read in this board cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Radio Comments In Rivers Shows That The APC May Be More Purpular Than The PDP by Nobody: 2:56pm On Oct 26, 2015
izuoguboy:

am not refering to any particular radio station as the trend is the same in all the radio stations in Rivers State. and as I said in my main post the trend for the popular caller is also the same for the mainstream callers.
also, you saying that it is only APC that tune to radio station is the funniest comment I have ever read in this board cheesy

I live in PH. And i listen to the program you are talking about in 92.3 fm when i am driving to work. Usually between 6.30am and & 7am monday to friday.

Your observation is not far from the truth. I used to think APC has no strenght in rivers state untill i went to NYSC camp after Onne to drop my sister. Speaking with Okada men and market women there, my opinion change. In those areas, they are APC fanatics. They are strongly pro Dakuku peterside. Mostly those Eleme and Ogoni region.

if you listen 89.9fm, you will know they commemtators are Pro PDP. but despite that, the pro APC among the callers are so many that i also wonder where they are from. Because withing PH city (from woji to rumuola) it seems like 70% are PDP.

In PH city, it seems like PDP is the most popular. But in rivers state as a whole, it is like 50-50.

2 Likes

Re: Radio Comments In Rivers Shows That The APC May Be More Purpular Than The PDP by izuoguboy: 3:19pm On Oct 26, 2015
atbu1983:

I live in PH. And i listen to the program you are talking about in 92.3 fm when i am driving to work. Usually between 6.30am and & 7am monday to friday.

Your observation is not far from the truth. I used to think APC has no strenght in rivers state untill i went to NYSC camp after Onne to drop my sister. Speaking with Okada men and market women there, my opinion change. In those areas, they are APC fanatics. They are strongly pro Dakuku peterside. Mostly those Eleme and Ogoni region.

if you listen 89.9fm, you will know they commemtators are Pro PDP. but despite that, the pro APC among the callers are so many that i also wonder where they are from. Because withing PH city (from woji to rumuola) it seems like 70% are PDP.

In PH city, it seems like PDP is the most popular. But in rivers state as a whole, it is like 50-50.
txs for being sincere because most people dont really know this. my reference on radio stations is not only on Info fm. I listen to all the stations and I can authoritatively tell you that APC have an edge

3 Likes

Re: Radio Comments In Rivers Shows That The APC May Be More Purpular Than The PDP by naijapips02: 3:34pm On Oct 26, 2015
stebell:

PDP members can't buy airtime to make calls now, is that what ya saying?

3 Likes

Re: Radio Comments In Rivers Shows That The APC May Be More Purpular Than The PDP by dustmalik: 3:39pm On Oct 26, 2015
izuoguboy:

txs for being sincere because most people dont really know this. my reference on radio stations is not only on Info fm. I listen to all the stations and I can authoritatively tell you that APC have an edge
Most of those saying you are lying aren't residence of Rivers state. Just ignore them.

2 Likes

Re: Radio Comments In Rivers Shows That The APC May Be More Purpular Than The PDP by Nobody: 3:58pm On Oct 26, 2015
izuoguboy:

You don't use people that call on radio programe as a yardstick. Most people that calls 92.3 NigeriaInfo 6am to 7am are outsideRivers.

Moreover, they're abusive in nature especially JayJay guy, that's why the host usually cut. Him off.

Wike have supporters..I'm in ph.

And leave. Igbo's alone. We know who to vote for when the time comes.
Re: Radio Comments In Rivers Shows That The APC May Be More Purpular Than The PDP by izuoguboy: 4:06pm On Oct 26, 2015
alfred5:

You don't use people that call on radio programe as a yardstick. Most people that calls 92.3 NigeriaInfo 6am to 7am are outsideRivers.

Moreover, they're abusive in nature especially JayJay guy, that's why the host usually cut. Him off.

Wike have supporters..I'm in ph.

And leave. Igbo's alone. We know who to vote for when the time comes.

Am just tired of repeating myself sad please read through my comments

2 Likes

Re: Radio Comments In Rivers Shows That The APC May Be More Purpular Than The PDP by wirinet(m): 4:50pm On Oct 26, 2015
double post

(1) (2) (Reply)

Made In Aba Military Kits Go To Abuja- Photos / FLASH BACK: GEJ Insulted Nigerian Muslims By Visiting Isreal -sheikh Gumi / Breaking: Imo APC Endorse Atiku Abubakar For President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.