Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,026 members, 7,845,325 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

Radio Comments In Rivers Shows That The APC May Be More Purpular Than The PDP - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Radio Comments In Rivers Shows That The APC May Be More Purpular Than The PDP (4603 Views)

2019: South-West APC May Replace Buhari With Tinubu – Dele Momodu / Kogi: APC May Pick Simon Achuka As Bello’s Deputy — Leadership Newspaper / APC May Lose Senate Presidency To PDP - Thisday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Radio Comments In Rivers Shows That The APC May Be More Purpular Than The PDP by wirinet(m): 4:52pm On Oct 26, 2015
pazienza:

And what made you believe that Ndiigbo as a whole support Wike?

Oh, Wike is not supported as a whole by his Ikwerre people, but you present it like Igbos as a unit support Wike?

Can't you see the folly in that stance of yours as an Igbo man?

If you present Wike as Igbo candidate, and he loses, the Ikwerres who presented themselves as not fully in support of him( Wike) in their slimy nature will rush and identify with Dakuku, while all of them, both Ikwerres and Dakuku people will unite as Rivers people, and point Igbos as enemies of Rivers state government, ie Dakukus government.
If his Ikwerre people are not sticking out their necks for him, don't you think it's foolish for Ndiigbo to do the same.

Whether Dakuku( Amaechi) or Wike wins, Ikwerre interests are well protected in Rivers state.

Ndiigbo should do the same. Work with both Dakuku and Wike individually, but refuse to identify with any of them publicly by way public endorsements or actions that may portray us as supporters of any one of them.

This response shows our Igbo brothers are maturing politically. It is a huge political gamble for 95% of an ethnic group to support one candidate, if the candidate loses, then tribe sink with the candidate. Even if the candidate wins, there is no guarantee that he will not betray the interests of the tribe.

It is political expediency for any tribe or group to have representations in all major political parties to ensure its interests is protected no matter who wins. That is how it is done in the US and other advanced democracies. Although blacks overwhelmingly support the democrats, they also have appreciable presence in the Republican party.

With this level of political maturity, who knows, Igbos might be in contention for the presidency in the near future.
Re: Radio Comments In Rivers Shows That The APC May Be More Purpular Than The PDP by stebell(m): 11:21am On Oct 27, 2015
izuoguboy:

am not refering to any particular radio station as the trend is the same in all the radio stations in Rivers State. and as I said in my main post the trend for the popular caller is also the same for the mainstream callers.
also, you saying that it is only APC that tune to radio station is the funniest comment I have ever read in this board cheesy

I didnt say only APC people call the radio station, I said most of the callers are sympathetic to APC and Amaechi.
Re: Radio Comments In Rivers Shows That The APC May Be More Purpular Than The PDP by izuoguboy: 12:54pm On Oct 27, 2015
stebell:

I didnt say only APC people call the radio station, I said most of the callers are sympathetic to APC and Amaechi.

and that's what I've been saying
Re: Radio Comments In Rivers Shows That The APC May Be More Purpular Than The PDP by stebell(m): 2:10pm On Oct 27, 2015
izuoguboy:

If those peeps call the radio stAion all the time, does it mean that they represent the voice of the people??
Re: Radio Comments In Rivers Shows That The APC May Be More Purpular Than The PDP by patrick89(m): 3:17pm On Oct 27, 2015
izuoguboy:

you are sounding like a female. Are you aa transgendered? "No offence " thou. sad shocked shocked shocked
Re: Radio Comments In Rivers Shows That The APC May Be More Purpular Than The PDP by suggyspic: 3:35pm On Oct 27, 2015
izuoguboy:
If you reside in Rivers and listens to radio stations you will have notices that contributors to political matters have more of APC supporters than the PDP. this may be an indication that the APC may be more popular than the ruling PDP since the contributes represent statistically a cross section of the 23 local government area in the state. if you are an ardent follower of political discussion on Radio especially in 92.3 Nig. Info you must have been familiar with names like Ebere from Rumu Ndele, Bar. chizy, Glad West, Akanto Boutique, Jude Ubani, suzy from Erema, Chimanem Wordi, Chile from Ugbakiri, Innocent Amadi, Basil Amadi, Mrs. Dimkpa, Emzor Uzor, Baba for the masses, D Radio senator, J A J, etc. these names and perhaps more are about the most popular radio contributors in the state. these callers are scattered all over the 23 local government of the state with more than 60% pro APC supporters. similar statistics is also true for the Unknown contributors.

though in PH and obio/Akpor LGAs due to the large population of the non indigenous Igbos who make up over 45% of the population there, PDP seem to hold sway in these two local government. This is perhaps the reason why most people think that Rivers is mainly PDP. though am not a fan, PDP should go back and do their home work to win over support in other LGA because there will be no federal migth this time around. I remembered one of Wike's campaigns in Rumueme Area of PH where he told his supporters to endeavour to vote for GEJ and forget about him. that the very day of the guber they would use cane on the APC supporters. this advantage is no more longer there hence PDP should mobilize to field the earlier the better.

these are just my unbiased views

OP, i was born in Old GRA in Port Harcourt, my parents are both from Rivers state. PDP would win Rivers State a 1000 times. Ameachi did so much havoc in Port Harcourt during his tenure as governor. He insulted traditional rulers, created stools were he could not get influence, owe civil servant salaries with excuse of declining revenue, sold peoples cars thro Timariv, closed down the judiciary, built monoria to no were, abandoned so many projects, wimpy road etc,... Ameachi was a dictator, and no true rivers man would want him or dakuku. as for Niger Info. that radio station is for APC supporters to air their bias view. Op go to the streets and interview a cross section of true rivers indigence and residence, you will get the true pulse of the people. All this social media propaganda would not change the game. Remember it is still fresh in our memories how ameachi insulted Jonathan. Even Tinubu never insulted OBJ the way ameachi did.

Rivers money is for rivers people and dakuku is ameachi's third tenure in disguise.
Re: Radio Comments In Rivers Shows That The APC May Be More Purpular Than The PDP by Ofodirinwa: 4:10pm On Oct 27, 2015
atbu1983:

I live in PH. And i listen to the program you are talking about in 92.3 fm when i am driving to work. Usually between 6.30am and & 7am monday to friday.

Your observation is not far from the truth. I used to think APC has no strenght in rivers state untill i went to NYSC camp after Onne to drop my sister. Speaking with Okada men and market women there, my opinion change. In those areas, they are APC fanatics. They are strongly pro Dakuku peterside. Mostly those Eleme and Ogoni region.

if you listen 89.9fm, you will know they commemtators are Pro PDP. but despite that, the pro APC among the callers are so many that i also wonder where they are from. Because withing PH city (from woji to rumuola) it seems like 70% are PDP.

In PH city, it seems like PDP is the most popular. But in rivers state as a whole, it is like 50-50.

Then entire north of Rivers is Igbo and pro-Wike. It's only in the east, south and west that APC has traction and even that traction is misconception because it's partitioned. Wike blundered announcing he wasn't 'with' the pro-biafrans though, as that seems to be the popular sentiment on the ground in PH.

Everything north of PH is Igbo.
Re: Radio Comments In Rivers Shows That The APC May Be More Purpular Than The PDP by izuoguboy: 7:46pm On Oct 27, 2015
stebell:

If those peeps call the radio stAion all the time, does it mean that they represent the voice of the people??
of course yes. the reason is that it gives you a statistical sample or opinion poll of the cross section of the people of Rivers (ie the 23LGA of Rivers and not PH/Obio-Akpor alone).
And mind you not only the Known regular callers that has biase towards the APC but also the mainstream callers. this trend is the same with almost the about ten radio stations in Rivers state. so how best can we ascertain the opinion poll of people angry. mind you just like PDP is popular in PH and Obio Akpor their are LGAs that you will go where APC holds sway.

2 Likes

Re: Radio Comments In Rivers Shows That The APC May Be More Purpular Than The PDP by stebell(m): 10:10am On Oct 28, 2015
izuoguboy:

of course yes. the reason is that gives you a statistical sample or opinion poll of the cross section of the people of Rivers (ie the 23LGA of Rivers and not PH/Obio-Akpor alone).
And mind you not only the Known regular callers that has biase towards the APC but also the mainstream callers. this trend is the same with almost the about ten radio station in Rivers state. so how best can we ascertain the opinion poll of people angry. mind you just like PDP is popular in PH and Obio Akpor their are LGAs that you will go where APC holds sway.

I rest ma case wit yu until another round of elections are held then we can continue this discussion to truly know which party is popular not jus on air but on ground.
Re: Radio Comments In Rivers Shows That The APC May Be More Purpular Than The PDP by drshrewd: 11:21am On Oct 28, 2015
izuoguboy:
If you reside in Rivers and listens to radio stations you will have notices that contributors to political matters have more of APC supporters than the PDP. this may be an indication that the APC may be more popular than the ruling PDP since the contributes represent statistically a cross section of the 23 local government area in the state. if you are an ardent follower of political discussion on Radio especially in 92.3 Nig. Info you must have been familiar with names like Ebere from Rumu Ndele, Bar. chizy, Glad West, Akanto Boutique, Jude Ubani, suzy from Erema, Chimanem Wordi, Chile from Ugbakiri, Innocent Amadi, Basil Amadi, Mrs. Dimkpa, Emzor Uzor, Baba for the masses, D Radio senator, J A J, etc. these names and perhaps more are about the most popular radio contributors in the state. these callers are scattered all over the 23 local government of the state with more than 60% pro APC supporters. similar statistics is also true for the Unknown contributors.

though in PH and obio/Akpor LGAs due to the large population of the non indigenous Igbos who make up over 45% of the population there, PDP seem to hold sway in these two local government. This is perhaps the reason why most people think that Rivers is mainly PDP. though am not a fan, PDP should go back and do their home work to win over support in other LGA because there will be no federal migth this time around. I remembered one of Wike's campaigns in Rumueme Area of PH where he told his supporters to endeavour to vote for GEJ and forget about him. that the very day of the guber they would use cane on the APC supporters. this advantage is no more longer there hence PDP should mobilize to field the earlier the better.

these are just my unbiased views

Anybody that says Wike will win Rivers is just day Dreaming. in a free and fair election Dakuku will floor Wike. people need to go to LGAs to know how the real indegenes of Rivers state feels about the unfair Ikwerri hegemony that the greedy mama peace imposed on us all embarassed. posterity will sure catch up with her especially for the tens of life lost during the last election

1 Like

Re: Radio Comments In Rivers Shows That The APC May Be More Purpular Than The PDP by izuoguboy: 4:19pm On Oct 31, 2015
suggyspic:

OP, i was born in Old GRA in Port Harcourt, my parents are both from Rivers state. PDP would win Rivers State a 1000 times. Ameachi did so much havoc in Port Harcourt during his tenure as governor. He insulted traditional rulers, created stools were he could not get influence, owe civil servant salaries with excuse of declining revenue, sold peoples cars thro Timariv, closed down the judiciary, built monoria to no were, abandoned so many projects, wimpy road etc,... Ameachi was a dictator, and no true rivers man would want him or dakuku. as for Niger Info. that radio station is for APC supporters to air their bias view. Op go to the streets and interview a cross section of true rivers indigence and residence, you will get the true pulse of the people. All this social media propaganda would not change the game. Remember it is still fresh in our memories how ameachi insulted Jonathan. Even Tinubu never insulted OBJ the way ameachi did.

Rivers money is for rivers people and dakuku is ameachi's third tenure in disguise.

so you are saying that all the radio stations in Rivers state are APC stations .
Wow! your reasoning is very wonderful lipsrsealed
Re: Radio Comments In Rivers Shows That The APC May Be More Purpular Than The PDP by chrisblack: 4:53pm On Oct 31, 2015
pazienza:
"though in PH and obio/Akpor LGAs due to the large population of the non indigenous Igbos who make up of over 45% of the population there, PDP seem to hold sway in these two local government. This is perhaps the reason why most people think that Rivers is mainly PDP".

OP, are you out of your mind? Are Igbos the indigenes of PH and Obio akpor? Is Wike an Igbo man?

Why must you bring Ndiigbo into rivers people election? Isn't it common sense that Ikwerres are more populous in PH and Obio/ akpor LGAs , and since Wike is an Ikwerre man, most of them support him as their son.
Heck, even Wike is from Obio/Akpor LGA.

OP. Mind yourself o! Leave Ndiigbo out of your rivers bullshit. Nah by force?
The support Wike has in Obio/ Akpor and PH LGA is because, those two LGAs are indigenous to Ikwerre people, and Wike is an Ikwerre man.

Leave Ndiigbo out of your madness.
he said non indigenous Igbo.what's your problem its a known fact that many ibos live in large clusters in this area.are you saying they are the owners of the place
Re: Radio Comments In Rivers Shows That The APC May Be More Purpular Than The PDP by izuoguboy: 7:20am On Nov 01, 2015
chrisblack:
he said non indigenous Igbo.what's your problem its a known fact that many ibos live in large clusters in this area.are you saying they are the owners of the place
I wonder what that due is carping
Re: Radio Comments In Rivers Shows That The APC May Be More Purpular Than The PDP by reuben79: 7:38am On Nov 01, 2015
kingdompropty:
Friend, Nig. Info entertains callers from Lagos, sorry to burst your bubble, enzo etc are all Lagos residents.
no don't say dat nigeria infor ar everywhere,even in abuja here........and when u call them dey will ask u ur location........dude make sense on his thread
Re: Radio Comments In Rivers Shows That The APC May Be More Purpular Than The PDP by BALLOSKI: 9:06am On Nov 01, 2015
stebell:

First and foremost, those callers yu mention above resides in Port Harcourt and are mainly frm the Ikwerre speaking part of Rivers State.
they listen to 92.3fm Naija info fm, and their tots or comment cant be used as a yardstick to say APC are more popular in the state.
the same scenario played out during the presidential election and yu wud think that Buhari wud win Rivers. yu know wat happened afterward.
i pray the elections are conducted now so yu cud see the landslide, water and air slide victory Wike wud get.
you called that one an election? Do it free and fair, then we can say BUHARI lost rivers to Gej.
Re: Radio Comments In Rivers Shows That The APC May Be More Purpular Than The PDP by izuoguboy: 12:56am On Nov 02, 2015
reuben79:
no don't say dat nigeria infor ar everywhere,even in abuja here........and when u call them dey will ask u ur location........dude make sense on his thread

that dude's comment is the most ludicrous. I didn't bother replying him.
Re: Radio Comments In Rivers Shows That The APC May Be More Purpular Than The PDP by izuoguboy: 12:54pm On Nov 24, 2015
reuben79:
that dude is confused
Re: Radio Comments In Rivers Shows That The APC May Be More Purpular Than The PDP by izuoguboy: 1:31pm On Mar 16, 2016
stebell:

I rest ma case wit yu until another round of elections are held then we can continue this discussion to truly know which party is popular not jus on air but on ground.

and its here with us cheesy
Re: Radio Comments In Rivers Shows That The APC May Be More Purpular Than The PDP by comos: 2:13pm On Mar 16, 2016
APC wins election online and media

on ground PDP wins

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Shameless Act Of Ikwerre Fathers Towards Igbos / Reappraising Ugwuanyi’s Giant Strides In Enugu State / COVID-19: I'll Take Vaccine First To Boost Confidence - Obaseki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.