Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,660 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

Kwankwaso's Insult Of Yoruba Elders: Our Leaders Have Failed Us - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kwankwaso's Insult Of Yoruba Elders: Our Leaders Have Failed Us (477 Views)

PDP Leaders Have Turned Wike To MMM – APC / "Nigeria’s Past Leaders Have No Right To Talk" - Oshiomhole / Nigerians Selling El-Rufai's Letter To Buhari, 'You Have Failed' (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Kwankwaso's Insult Of Yoruba Elders: Our Leaders Have Failed Us by malton: 11:11am On Oct 27, 2015
Kwankwaso asking the Yoruba elders to "shut up" is not only disrespectful, but a testament of how the wrong people (except for a few) have been in position of power in Nigeria since long.

That a senator who was at one point, a presidential aspirant could be as unthinking is bewildering given his education and level of exposure.

On nairaland alone, I see many people of character, vision and leadership skills on a daily basis, people who take corrective measures when criticised, civilised, educated, intelligent and well articulated Nigerians. These people cut across most tribes in Nigeria. And I ask, how then, do we end up being led by the mediocre so often?

It's a shame that the average Nigerian, for all his/her ideas and dreams hasn't any platform through which he/she can be heard (forget twitter and Facebook, it's a noise making platform as far as they are concerned).
Our leaders, with the spotlight on them, tend to act as our spokespersons and as such, whatever they utter is seen as the view of the collective, albeit, erroneously.

With this in mind, our "leaders" ought make well informed decisions and thoughtful utterances. Alas, the opposite is the case.

Kwankwaso's utterances were condescending, divisive and capable of brewing hatred. Rather than empathising with the victims and offering better ways of tacking the problems headlong, he disrepected them and attached emotions to the issue. That's no sign of a man capable of leading even a herd of cattle!

This is typical of our leaders since time immemorial. They are bereft of ideas and have no knowledge of what leadership entails. A la accidental leaders. It's as though they get overwhelmed by the responsibility and expectations of carrying a people. Most of them lack human relationship. They seem to not realise that the institutions are why they are leaders.

As is in the case of Buhari vs IPOB.

To affront a sovereign state in the manner Nnamdi does, is treason. Treating each Igbo as though they are Nnamdi is even worse.
I really don't know much about law, but to keep the man locked up for more than a week without being charged with an offence, and to on top of that, deny him a visit doesn't seem legal to me. That infringes on his rights as a person and as a citizen.
Mr president does not seem to realise that he's the president of a heterogeneous people. When you consistently persecute a section like he's doing, people get the sense that he's pursuing an agenda against the said nation. More so, they have a right to agitate, although peacefully. Of which I still have yet to hear of any person killed by those agitating for Biafra. So I wonder what violent means the government will suggest when they charge Nnamdi to court. Maybe that's why they are delaying his charge.

And about OBJ saying that they'll crush the Igbos like they did years back? Fowl mouthedness is one of the reasons why they are a failure.

Mr president has failed to put his body language where it's better fit. He has failed to show his disapproval at the Fulani's wreaking havoc on farmers in the middle belt and in Yoruba lands.
Just a word from him registering his disappointment is enough to make them have a rethink, as the fulanis have a thing listening to one of their own. But for where, the guy no send.
So much has been said about his appointments, to which I replied, "Maybe he has amnesia". How else do you explain a president making almost 80% appointments from one region alone? Forget the pareto principle or any sort. This is sheer illogical!

Those close to these people should advise them to be people oriented now that they still have the chance to do so, carry everyone along, and not witch hunt.

PS: I'm pro Buhari.
Re: Kwankwaso's Insult Of Yoruba Elders: Our Leaders Have Failed Us by zico530(m): 11:12am On Oct 27, 2015
True talk
Re: Kwankwaso's Insult Of Yoruba Elders: Our Leaders Have Failed Us by Nobody: 11:14am On Oct 27, 2015
kwankwaso is another word for kwashokwor

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Warns Indians Against Shipping Fake Drugs And Food To Nigeria / Appeal Court Gives CCT Go Ahead To Try Saraki For Corruption / Balanced Cabinet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.