Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,182 members, 7,849,658 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 07:20 AM

“igbo Must Produce President In 2019” – Balarabe Musa Condemns Prolonged Margina - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “igbo Must Produce President In 2019” – Balarabe Musa Condemns Prolonged Margina (2240 Views)

Igbo Must Produce President In 2019 To Pacify Biafra Agitators – Ohanaeze Youths / "Real Reason Igbos Want To Leave Nigeria" – Ex Governor Balarabe Musa / Stop Hating Other Nigerians If You Want To Produce President –Okorocha To Ndigbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

“igbo Must Produce President In 2019” – Balarabe Musa Condemns Prolonged Margina by RichieF27: 11:41pm On Oct 27, 2015
What do we call this??

First civilian governor of old Kaduna State and elder statesman, Alhaji Balarabe Musa, on Saturday declared that it was time to end decades of injustice against Ndigbo by ensuring that the South East geo-political gets the Nigerian presidency in 2019.

Speaking exclusively with The AUTHORITY in Kaduna, Musa who is also chairman Conference of Nigeria Political Parties (CNPP), warned that the prolonged marginalisation of South East would bring disunity and other serious threats to the nation.

Although, the Peoples Democratic Party, (PDP) had zoned its 2019 presidential candidate to the North three years ahead of the polls, Musa calling on all political parties to zone its 2019 presidential candidates to the South.

He advised the Southeast zone to stop ‘sit-and-wait’ approach but should be proactive in the struggle for power shift to Ndigbo who he described as being also competent to rule Nigeria.

Musa faulted President Muhammadu Buhari for not appointing any person from South East into his kitchen cabinet, stressing that the present administration should rather heal the nation’s wounds than adding more salt to the injury which would not augur well with the country.

According to him: “I am not happy the way South East zone is been marginalised for a long time. “Some said it was because of civil war but It happened for a long time and since then South East did not participate in any thing against the state.

“Now it is high time to give South East chance to rule Nigeria just like other zones” ” I expected President Muhammadu Buhari to appoint some few South East people in his so-called kitchen cabinet but he did not and it was unfortunate.

“The injustice meted against South East zone must be corrected because injustice brings grievances that may threaten the unity of this nation”

Musa added: “I expect South East to produce credible presidential candidate which can emerge president of Nigeria in 2019 elections.

“But I have observed that South East zone always give up so easily on struggle. You cannot sit and expect food on your table,you must work for it. “All political parties should zone their presidential candidates to South East to correct the long time injustice.

“I strongly believe South East too has credible and patriotic people there just like other zones. What I know is that they should keep on the peaceful struggle for presidency.

South East should not relent.” On the appointment of Mahmood Yakubu as INEC chairman, Musa said under normal circumstances South West should have produced the INEC chairman for sake of fairness.

“To me, INEC chairman can come from any part of the country if the person is patriotic and competent for the job. But if fairness must apply South West zone has never produced INEC chairman”, he said.

Re: “igbo Must Produce President In 2019” – Balarabe Musa Condemns Prolonged Margina by kinibigdeal(m): 11:47pm On Oct 27, 2015
That's the only Northern man that is closer to the south. Very close to Afenifere

2 Likes

Re: “igbo Must Produce President In 2019” – Balarabe Musa Condemns Prolonged Margina by okolochyke: 11:49pm On Oct 27, 2015
Balarabe Musa certainly has a place in the history of Nigeria

Gentleman and a progressive.

But it is clear that old age is catching up.

To be a President in any country, you have to build alliances, friendships and coalitions. In Nigeria, it is even more complex.

How can Nigerians vote for an Igbo man or woman to lead a country they hate with a passion?

They now call it the zoo. Are we going to vote for a Zoo keeper or a president?

Some might say that the antics of Ipob M0rons does not represent the general Igbo position but we are yet to hear any pronouncement from leading Igbo politicians and Elite condemning the nonsense from Nnamdi Kanu and his jobless followers.

The fact is this, No Igbo man can lead Nigeria in the next 100 years. Igbos are natural followers and lack political skills. I wish I was wrong but it is the truth.

I would love to give people like Okorocha a chance but he will not even get votes in the SE because they call him Okorohausa simply because he knows how to interact with other ethnic groups.

Igbos should concentrate on Biafra and let Nigeria move on.

4 Likes

Re: “igbo Must Produce President In 2019” – Balarabe Musa Condemns Prolonged Margina by ki02020(m): 11:50pm On Oct 27, 2015
What a shame so they actually know the south east is being maginalized....I don't blame the north...the south east are also indecisive
Re: “igbo Must Produce President In 2019” – Balarabe Musa Condemns Prolonged Margina by Nobody: 11:51pm On Oct 27, 2015
Yes o
Re: “igbo Must Produce President In 2019” – Balarabe Musa Condemns Prolonged Margina by kolakolex: 11:52pm On Oct 27, 2015
He has a point.At least for the sake of unity as one nigeria.this will let them forget about biafra or will give them the power to form their own country .....my opinion

1 Like

Re: “igbo Must Produce President In 2019” – Balarabe Musa Condemns Prolonged Margina by ODUBEZE: 11:55pm On Oct 27, 2015
RichieF27:
What do we call this??

First civilian governor of old Kaduna State and elder statesman, Alhaji Balarabe Musa, on Saturday declared that it was time to end decades of injustice against Ndigbo by ensuring that the South East geo-political gets the Nigerian presidency in 2019.

Speaking exclusively with The AUTHORITY in Kaduna, Musa who is also chairman Conference of Nigeria Political Parties (CNPP), warned that the prolonged marginalisation of South East would bring disunity and other serious threats to the nation.

Although, the Peoples Democratic Party, (PDP) had zoned its 2019 presidential candidate to the North three years ahead of the polls, Musa calling on all political parties to zone its 2019 presidential candidates to the South.

He advised the Southeast zone to stop ‘sit-and-wait’ approach but should be proactive in the struggle for power shift to Ndigbo who he described as being also competent to rule Nigeria.

Musa faulted President Muhammadu Buhari for not appointing any person from South East into his kitchen cabinet, stressing that the present administration should rather heal the nation’s wounds than adding more salt to the injury which would not augur well with the country.

According to him: “I am not happy the way South East zone is been marginalised for a long time. “Some said it was because of civil war but It happened for a long time and since then South East did not participate in any thing against the state.

“Now it is high time to give South East chance to rule Nigeria just like other zones” ” I expected President Muhammadu Buhari to appoint some few South East people in his so-called kitchen cabinet but he did not and it was unfortunate.

“The injustice meted against South East zone must be corrected because injustice brings grievances that may threaten the unity of this nation”

Musa added: “I expect South East to produce credible presidential candidate which can emerge president of Nigeria in 2019 elections.

“But I have observed that South East zone always give up so easily on struggle. You cannot sit and expect food on your table,you must work for it. “All political parties should zone their presidential candidates to South East to correct the long time injustice.

“I strongly believe South East too has credible and patriotic people there just like other zones. What I know is that they should keep on the peaceful struggle for presidency.

South East should not relent.” On the appointment of Mahmood Yakubu as INEC chairman, Musa said under normal circumstances South West should have produced the INEC chairman for sake of fairness.

“To me, INEC chairman can come from any part of the country if the person is patriotic and competent for the job. But if fairness must apply South West zone has never produced INEC chairman”, he said.
Ndigbo has peacefully seek for a redress against this marginalization time upon time.
Which I believe is a mature way of handling things not the violence way.
They are now taking the next step.
We are not going to wait till the next election!
enough is enough!

4 Likes

Re: “igbo Must Produce President In 2019” – Balarabe Musa Condemns Prolonged Margina by illiad: 12:12am On Oct 28, 2015
K
Re: “igbo Must Produce President In 2019” – Balarabe Musa Condemns Prolonged Margina by illiad: 12:17am On Oct 28, 2015
okolochyke:

To be a President in any country, you have to build alliances, friendships and coalitions. In Nigeria, it is even more complex.

How can Nigerians vote for an Igbo man or woman to lead a country they hate with a passion?

Some might say that the antics of Ipob M0rons does not represent the general Igbo position but we are yet to hear any pronouncement from leading Igbo politicians and Elite condemning the nonsense from Nnamdi Kanu and his jobless followers.

The fact is this, No Igbo man can lead Nigeria in the next 100 years. Igbos are natural followers and lack political skills. I wish I was wrong but it is the truth.

I would love to give people like Okorocha a chance but he will not even get votes in the SE because they call him Okorohausa simply because he knows how to interact with other ethnic groups.

Must you lots always rant over Igbo matter?
Nairaland might soon be left to kids only.

5 Likes

Re: “igbo Must Produce President In 2019” – Balarabe Musa Condemns Prolonged Margina by Built2last: 12:19am On Oct 28, 2015
Ok
Re: “igbo Must Produce President In 2019” – Balarabe Musa Condemns Prolonged Margina by Nobody: 12:25am On Oct 28, 2015
We don't want oooo. Biafra we want and Biafra we shall get. Ndi ara. Maaaaad people

5 Likes

Re: “igbo Must Produce President In 2019” – Balarabe Musa Condemns Prolonged Margina by freez2ryme(m): 12:47am On Oct 28, 2015
It was kwaakwanso d other day
Now it is Balarabe Musa
Igbo's sure re getting d needed attention

Pls lets continue to wail, if wailing is what it takes to be liberated.
Henceforth!
I am 100% wailer
What about u?

5 Likes

Re: “igbo Must Produce President In 2019” – Balarabe Musa Condemns Prolonged Margina by Masterclass32: 2:07am On Oct 28, 2015
The day of reckoning is fast approaching.

We had better fasten our seat belts.
Re: “igbo Must Produce President In 2019” – Balarabe Musa Condemns Prolonged Margina by Rossikk(m): 2:43am On Oct 28, 2015
There's no secret plan to keep an Igbo from the presidency. That group just have not arranged themselves well for the job. They lack the political skills of the other ethnicities. They also lack a credible political figure who stands out, like an ex-military man in the mould of OBJ or Buhari. They need folks like that from within their ranks to come out. Someone bold who makes bombastic comments like OBJ's ''my election is a do-or-die afair'', or Buhari's ''the dog and the baboon will be soaked in blood'' etc etc. Someone charismatic and bold on the national stage. Instead Igbos think they can win by flaunting nice guys like Ekwueme, Anyaoku and so on. Not in this Naija.
Re: “igbo Must Produce President In 2019” – Balarabe Musa Condemns Prolonged Margina by baby124: 2:45am On Oct 28, 2015
Let a credible Igbo man come out and contest. We are not falling for sentiments. Our democracy is growing. Nothing like zoning. If you want to be president, contest and tell us what your plans are

2 Likes

Re: “igbo Must Produce President In 2019” – Balarabe Musa Condemns Prolonged Margina by Nobody: 4:03am On Oct 28, 2015
They say if you hold pikin property up, when your hand begin pain you, you must bring it down.

O ji ihe nwata wenyie aka enu, aka lobe ya, o ga eweturiri ya.

First it was Yerima and now Balarabe. Ok oo, I respect you both my brothers. cool
Re: “igbo Must Produce President In 2019” – Balarabe Musa Condemns Prolonged Margina by azzima(m): 4:05am On Oct 28, 2015
How can you vote for a bloc that are FIERCELY Anti-Nigerian at the same time?Their recent nuances and antics have forever alienated to Non-Nigerian status. I don't see these folks as Nigerians ANY MORE. Boko harams get more love than these fools. The ONLY detrabilised Igboman that can be taken Serious is Joe Igbokwe. The others have that selfish,self centered, tribalist and igbotic mind frame.
Re: “igbo Must Produce President In 2019” – Balarabe Musa Condemns Prolonged Margina by PassingShot(m): 5:42am On Oct 28, 2015
Nigerian presidency is not just given to any group by wishful thinking. Those who have become president fought their way through scheming and aligning with other groups.

The problems with the Igbos is primarily lack of trust. They don't trust their fellow Igbo leaders let alone other tribes. They call Yorubas "slaves" to the "Hausas" at any given chance and they have derogatory name for other tribes too.

They didn't trust Ojukwu hence the man got 1.44% and 0.45% votes in the two elections he contested to be president. The man was even defeated mercilessly in the SE in those elections.

They hate those who make attempt to align and cooperate with other regions in the hope that the SE can produce a president soon. Today, Rochas is hated in the SE just because he was opposed to reelection of GEJ. Same way Amaechi is treated by the SE/SS region.

I sincerely pray the Igbos peacefully exit Nigeria so that we can see how they can turn their country into paradise on earth while hating on one another as well as their neighboring contry Nigeria.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “igbo Must Produce President In 2019” – Balarabe Musa Condemns Prolonged Margina by PassingShot(m): 5:44am On Oct 28, 2015
Again, I just remember they used to tell us GEJ is an Igbo. Is he no longer one?

1 Like

Re: “igbo Must Produce President In 2019” – Balarabe Musa Condemns Prolonged Margina by disumusa: 6:07am On Oct 28, 2015
Diegobonito:
We don't want oooo. Biafra we want and Biafra we shall get. Ndi ara. Maaaaad people
who will allow ibo to rule nigeria b/4,mcheeeun.

1 Like

Re: “igbo Must Produce President In 2019” – Balarabe Musa Condemns Prolonged Margina by Nobody: 6:10am On Oct 28, 2015
okolochyke:

You were making something that could pass for sense until you called igbos followers and lack political skills. I guess na your papa dey rule south eastern states. Children of these days always coming to NL to expose their low wit.

1 Like

Re: “igbo Must Produce President In 2019” – Balarabe Musa Condemns Prolonged Margina by M4gunners: 6:32am On Oct 28, 2015
Shoo,God don dey touch dem?Yesterday was Yerima,today Musa maybe tomorrow will be the turn of the oga @ the top. Person wen hold small pikin something for up,wen habd start to pain am, him go bring am down.
Re: “igbo Must Produce President In 2019” – Balarabe Musa Condemns Prolonged Margina by orunto27: 6:54am On Oct 28, 2015
Nonsense talk. The Igbos must prove and earn it. There is no shortage of Presidential materials in Nigeria ? So why budget an Igboman now? The Igbos are greedy, selfish and cursed by Tafawa. Let the curse of Tafawa on them reign for some time and stop pleading for them. Igbos don't need handicap.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “igbo Must Produce President In 2019” – Balarabe Musa Condemns Prolonged Margina by reuben79: 7:08am On Oct 28, 2015
Yes igbos will produce presidential candidate in 2019 but its under apga or pdp,but 4 d apc dey should nt think abt it..............apc is nt igbos party
Re: “igbo Must Produce President In 2019” – Balarabe Musa Condemns Prolonged Margina by BALLOSKI: 7:09am On Oct 28, 2015
balarabe musa is a confused man and a perpetual loser. No one takes him serious here .

President ko, UN Secretary-General ni. angry

How do you help people who don't want to help themselves and all they do is crying that no one love them, blaming everyone for their woes and miscalculating whenever there's a presidential election?

No more igbo president, we already gave them GEJ!

1 Like

Re: “igbo Must Produce President In 2019” – Balarabe Musa Condemns Prolonged Margina by drey076(m): 7:38am On Oct 28, 2015
The igbo tribe don't have someone credible they can produce
Re: “igbo Must Produce President In 2019” – Balarabe Musa Condemns Prolonged Margina by speedyGonzales: 7:56am On Oct 28, 2015
we need a direct democracy system like in Swiss, 7 or 6 leaders council incharge of the country but the presidency is rotated among members of the council over a 7 or 6 year tenure.
Re: “igbo Must Produce President In 2019” – Balarabe Musa Condemns Prolonged Margina by Nobody: 8:17am On Oct 28, 2015
Re: “igbo Must Produce President In 2019” – Balarabe Musa Condemns Prolonged Margina by gidson12(m): 8:58am On Oct 28, 2015
BALLOSKI:
balarabe musa is a confused man and a perpetual loser. No one takes him serious here .

President ko, UN Secretary-General ni. angry

How do you help people who don't want to help themselves and all they do is crying that no one love them, blaming everyone for their woes and miscalculating whenever there's a presidential election?

No more igbo president, we already gave them GEJ!

you yorubas will not cease to amaze me, your hatred for the east would consume all u lot, you find it difficult to address the Northerner even when they lord it over you, insult you even in your very land and use you like Rags, But at the mention of the Igbos you crawl out your holes with pulsating erections, cowards

1 Like

Re: “igbo Must Produce President In 2019” – Balarabe Musa Condemns Prolonged Margina by azzima(m): 2:57pm On Oct 28, 2015
gidson12:

you yorubas will not cease to amaze me, your hatred for the east would consume all u lot, you find it difficult to address the Northerner even when they lord it over you, insult you even in your very land and use you like Rags, But at the mention of the Igbos you crawl out your holes with pulsating erections, cowards
go tell that to your new master, the MINORITY IJAWS! !!!!
Re: “igbo Must Produce President In 2019” – Balarabe Musa Condemns Prolonged Margina by SLIDEwaxie(m): 3:18pm On Oct 28, 2015
You cannot produce president in 3023 , I tell u. Better carry ur five or six states and form another Lesotho.

1 Like

Re: “igbo Must Produce President In 2019” – Balarabe Musa Condemns Prolonged Margina by SLIDEwaxie(m): 3:18pm On Oct 28, 2015
speedyGonzales:
we need a direct democracy system like in Swiss, 7 or 6 leaders council incharge of the country but the presidency is rotated among members of the council over a 7 or 6 year tenure.
that makes sense

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yoruba Hypocrisy. / . / Amaechi, Wike, Peter Odili Are All Culpable In The Death Of Ken Atsuete

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.