Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,096 members, 7,811,073 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:40 PM

Ohanaeze Supports Ban On Eze Ndigbo Title - National Mirror - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ohanaeze Supports Ban On Eze Ndigbo Title - National Mirror (1176 Views)

Why Ohanaeze Supports IPOB’s Ban—Nwodo / DPR Issues 21 Licences For New Refineries- The National Mirror / Akure Youths Flogged Eze-ndigbo Out Of Deji Of Akure, Oba Aladetoyinbo Palace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ohanaeze Supports Ban On Eze Ndigbo Title - National Mirror by YoruBanger: 4:40am On Oct 28, 2015
http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/ohanaeze-supports-ban-on-eze-ndigbo-title/

Posted By: OJO OYEWAMIDEon: October 28, 2015

The apex Igbo socio-cultural group, Ohaneze Ndigbo, Ondo state chapter, has declared that the use of Eze Ndigbo title by those who are not royal fathers was a cultural aberration.‎

‎The group said traditional rulers in the southeast had on February 20, 2008 condemned and banned the indiscriminate use of the title.‎

It said a letter was consequently sent to monarchs in the southwest on August 8, 2008 on how the title of Eze Ndigbo was being abused Igbo by some individuals.

A statement by Ohaneze yesterday in Akure, Ondo state capital, urged the state government and Ondo State Council of Obas to stop recognising anybody using the title in the state.

‎The statement was jointly signed by the Onye-Ndun Ndigbo of the state chapter of Ohaneze Ndigbo, Chief Lemmy-Kingsley Chukwuma, and the group’s state President-General, Chief Joseph Okeke.

The group noted that its national headquarters and traditional rulers in Igbo land had since restated that only acceptable title for heads of Igbos living out the southeast was “Onye-Ndun Ndigbo”.

Commending the Deji of Akure for using his maturity to resolve the recent disagreement between Igbo residents and Akure community, the group expressed support for the decision to ban the use of Eze Ndigbo title in Akure.‎

The group said: “it is the refusal of relevant authorities to stop Iloehika ‎from parading himself as Eze Ndigbo of Akure as directed by the Southeast traditional rulers and the Ohaneze Ndigbo since 2008 that gave him courage to desecrate the stool of Deji. Igbo people in the state don’t support his action.

“A letter from our headquarters in Enugu on August 7, 2008, signed by the then Ohaneze Ndigbo’s National President-General, Dr Dozie Ikedife, and another letter dated September 14, 2012 also from our headquarters stated clearly that High Chief Kingsley Chukwuma is the Onye-Ndun Ndigbo of Ondo state. He is the Igbo leader in the state.”

The statement urges Igbo people in Ondo state to continue to relate peacefully with their host communities.‎

The Deji of Akureland, Oba Ogunlade Aladetoyinbo, had two weeks ago dethroned one Chief Gregory Iloehike as Eze Ndigbo for disrespecting the royal stool.

Re: Ohanaeze Supports Ban On Eze Ndigbo Title - National Mirror by mandhi(m): 4:43am On Oct 28, 2015
An unexpected surprise but good move from ohanaeze.
GOD Bless Nigeria and everyplace else.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze Supports Ban On Eze Ndigbo Title - National Mirror by Demmocrats(m): 4:52am On Oct 28, 2015
grin
Re: Ohanaeze Supports Ban On Eze Ndigbo Title - National Mirror by kokozain(m): 4:56am On Oct 28, 2015
This is becoming more intetesting
Re: Ohanaeze Supports Ban On Eze Ndigbo Title - National Mirror by pallybrown(m): 4:57am On Oct 28, 2015
this ohanaeze of ndiara self
Re: Ohanaeze Supports Ban On Eze Ndigbo Title - National Mirror by menix(m): 5:00am On Oct 28, 2015
I hereby declare my self ONYE-NDUN Ndigbo of Nairaland..

This serves as a formal letter to the Mods nd my fellow igbo brothers in the house.

A Like button is ur consent nd u re entitled to O Mpa(Hero) nah the next Afor market day on Nairaland Event center at Banana Iceland..

CC: Lalasticlala
Seun(My moniker should reflect my title)

4 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Supports Ban On Eze Ndigbo Title - National Mirror by Cpumping(m): 5:14am On Oct 28, 2015
n'oge gboo we ddnt v dat title, why shd we now.
Re: Ohanaeze Supports Ban On Eze Ndigbo Title - National Mirror by Chanchit: 5:14am On Oct 28, 2015
Make I sidon here brush my teeth, just to observe if this our noisy neighbors would come and call their EZE a traitor,cos if you tell them the truth, then you turn to a traitor.

6 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Supports Ban On Eze Ndigbo Title - National Mirror by RichDad1(m): 5:50am On Oct 28, 2015
Chanchit:
Make I sidon here brush my teeth, just to observe if this our noisy neighbors would come and call their EZE a traitor,cos if you tell them the truth, then you turn to a traitor.
Bros I beg, shift for me make I Sidon with you. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Supports Ban On Eze Ndigbo Title - National Mirror by Nobody: 5:54am On Oct 28, 2015
Good move although they should have had it printed in the national news media since
Re: Ohanaeze Supports Ban On Eze Ndigbo Title - National Mirror by PRYCE(m): 5:58am On Oct 28, 2015
Yet Another 'Tribal' thread!

It's very shameful to be a Nigerian At this moment. When countries are busy charting their future, Nigerian youth are all up online planning the next tribal rubbish to say.

Lil wonder Vice President Osinbajo said they scoured Nigeria from some smart youths but couldn't find any!

Such Shame!!!

2 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Supports Ban On Eze Ndigbo Title - National Mirror by oluwafemi113(m): 6:05am On Oct 28, 2015
Getting more interesting
Re: Ohanaeze Supports Ban On Eze Ndigbo Title - National Mirror by hassan85(m): 6:22am On Oct 28, 2015
Igbos are all commentators. Dey listen to no leader in particular dts y we hear different things everyday. kanu today Ben nwabueze tomorrow..... simply put confused nation of ipob and Biafrud

2 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Supports Ban On Eze Ndigbo Title - National Mirror by proxitaly: 6:31am On Oct 28, 2015
Every man is a king in his own house
Re: Ohanaeze Supports Ban On Eze Ndigbo Title - National Mirror by Pavore9: 6:41am On Oct 28, 2015
Sighs! angry
Re: Ohanaeze Supports Ban On Eze Ndigbo Title - National Mirror by explorer250(m): 6:45am On Oct 28, 2015
Ohaneze why nah?
Re: Ohanaeze Supports Ban On Eze Ndigbo Title - National Mirror by amakaobiemeka: 7:06am On Oct 28, 2015
igbo busy over irelevant stuff sinc bc. The abino is in the cage of the zoo, the race has commited political sucide and lost in scheme of things. They dont have a singular mind, every family speaks for its house. And here is what concerns its ENDORSEMENT SELLING OHANEZED

2 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Supports Ban On Eze Ndigbo Title - National Mirror by Bobbystanley(m): 7:33am On Oct 28, 2015
We don't want Eze Ndigbo title, We want Biafra.
Re: Ohanaeze Supports Ban On Eze Ndigbo Title - National Mirror by Chanchit: 7:55am On Oct 28, 2015
RichDad1:

Bros I beg, shift for me make I Sidon with you. cheesy

My brother, abeg sidon jare. Make e no be like say we dey drink this early morning, yarinya, oya serve us Kunu.

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Supports Ban On Eze Ndigbo Title - National Mirror by YoruBanger: 10:11am On Oct 28, 2015
Cc: lalasticala, seun, ishilove. This is FrontPage worthy.
Re: Ohanaeze Supports Ban On Eze Ndigbo Title - National Mirror by Nobody: 11:17am On Oct 28, 2015
I support the banning of that rubbish title, cheap publicity stunt. Igbos have no KING!

(1) (Reply)

Video: Politics Of Igbo-yoruba Inter-ethnic Marriage / Photos- President Buhari Attends Minister Of Science & Technology's Book Launch / LATEST INTERVIEW: My Humble Plan For Nigerians In 2016 - Pres Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.