Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,816,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

Adeyeye Ogunwusi, Ooni Arives Ife Ahead Of His Coronation - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Adeyeye Ogunwusi, Ooni Arives Ife Ahead Of His Coronation (61914 Views)

Oba Adeyemi Adediran Ordained As Pastor 13 Years After His Coronation (Photos) / Adeyeye-Ogunwusi, Ooni Of Ife To Face EFCC / First Public Photo Of Adeyeye Ogunwusi, As He Prepares For His Coronation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeyeye Ogunwusi, Ooni Arives Ife Ahead Of His Coronation by ajepako(f): 4:57pm On Oct 28, 2015
Tman66:
cheesy cheesy cheesy where is ABOBAKU grin grin grin

That would be: Omenka, Beremx, barcanista, Passingshot, Mogidi, and Demdem.. grin grin grin
Re: Adeyeye Ogunwusi, Ooni Arives Ife Ahead Of His Coronation by bobcharly(m): 4:57pm On Oct 28, 2015
y
Re: Adeyeye Ogunwusi, Ooni Arives Ife Ahead Of His Coronation by farmer99: 4:58pm On Oct 28, 2015
Its only God that give power to whoever He want, pls d new king dnt misuse d power. ki ade opelori.
Re: Adeyeye Ogunwusi, Ooni Arives Ife Ahead Of His Coronation by Aromas: 5:00pm On Oct 28, 2015
CR77:
Hmmmm
Abi no bi so?
Re: Adeyeye Ogunwusi, Ooni Arives Ife Ahead Of His Coronation by Nobody: 5:01pm On Oct 28, 2015
Mprepz:
shi.t and stewpid culture
den y r ur people slaving on yolobaland's culture

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeyeye Ogunwusi, Ooni Arives Ife Ahead Of His Coronation by Nobody: 5:01pm On Oct 28, 2015
I hope they won't demand "human heads" for the coronation? And why is he scratching his head in the last picture like he ain't sure of what he is doing!

#YorubaAndFetishLife
Re: Adeyeye Ogunwusi, Ooni Arives Ife Ahead Of His Coronation by kevinkod(m): 5:02pm On Oct 28, 2015
Kabiesi oooooooo. Asiko away youth re oo eye binu wa. Looking forward to when i will take over from Alake of Egba, lolz. I just like d new ooni to be. I'm really proud to b a YORUBA. Haters pls do d needful. tongue tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Adeyeye Ogunwusi, Ooni Arives Ife Ahead Of His Coronation by Aromas: 5:02pm On Oct 28, 2015
thorpido:
The kind jazz wey dem go take load this guy no be here.
D guy don turn to Ebora. grin

2 Likes

Re: Adeyeye Ogunwusi, Ooni Arives Ife Ahead Of His Coronation by GboyegaD(m): 5:02pm On Oct 28, 2015
I pray this doesn't have a negative impact on his Christianity.

2 Likes

Re: Adeyeye Ogunwusi, Ooni Arives Ife Ahead Of His Coronation by Iwonttell(m): 5:02pm On Oct 28, 2015
[quote author=Tman66 post=39453782] cheesy cheesy cheesy where is ABOBAKU grin grin grin[/is he back^ote]
Re: Adeyeye Ogunwusi, Ooni Arives Ife Ahead Of His Coronation by luqmanayomide: 5:02pm On Oct 28, 2015
Ade a pe Lori oo
Bata a pe lese
Irukere a dokini lowo yin ooo
Asiko ti e je oba yi a tu ile yoruba lara o
Amin

2 Likes

Re: Adeyeye Ogunwusi, Ooni Arives Ife Ahead Of His Coronation by Profitsng(m): 5:04pm On Oct 28, 2015
Kudos..
Re: Adeyeye Ogunwusi, Ooni Arives Ife Ahead Of His Coronation by petkoffDrake(m): 5:07pm On Oct 28, 2015
pls Nairalanders... stop posting this Ooni elected today, die tomorrow...
Re: Adeyeye Ogunwusi, Ooni Arives Ife Ahead Of His Coronation by IlekeHD: 5:09pm On Oct 28, 2015
ilawanson44:
I hope they won't demand "human heads" for the coronation? And why is he scratching his head in the last picture like he ain't sure of what he is doing!

#YorubaAndFetishLife

Igbos are the ones that eat humans.

2 Likes

Re: Adeyeye Ogunwusi, Ooni Arives Ife Ahead Of His Coronation by IlekeHD: 5:09pm On Oct 28, 2015
GboyegaD:

I hope it does. Stop relegating your culture for a white man's culture.

Africans need to be proud of their identity, their culture and tradition.

Even Jewish aren't Christians. Jesus was an outcast for goodness sake.

Be proud of who you are.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeyeye Ogunwusi, Ooni Arives Ife Ahead Of His Coronation by Nobody: 5:09pm On Oct 28, 2015
damton:
May he last long on the throne of his father

His father has no throne . He refused to be King.
Re: Adeyeye Ogunwusi, Ooni Arives Ife Ahead Of His Coronation by kayo80(m): 5:10pm On Oct 28, 2015
Hmm! The man is so powerful, he is holding up a nepa pole in the second picture.
Re: Adeyeye Ogunwusi, Ooni Arives Ife Ahead Of His Coronation by SmartMugu: 5:11pm On Oct 28, 2015
Tman66:
cheesy cheesy cheesy where is ABOBAKU grin grin grin
Many boys will volunteer for that position for a young king like this one, not someone in their 70s chosen by their oracle.
Re: Adeyeye Ogunwusi, Ooni Arives Ife Ahead Of His Coronation by chiedu7: 5:12pm On Oct 28, 2015
SIR ,CONGRATULATIONS
IF YOU READ THIS REMEMBER ALL POWER BELONGS TO JESUS

Matthew 28:18
And Jesus came and spake unto them,
saying, "All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth".
Re: Adeyeye Ogunwusi, Ooni Arives Ife Ahead Of His Coronation by Nobody: 5:12pm On Oct 28, 2015
Drchristian:
den y r ur people slaving on yolobaland's culture
slaving!!! Am still thinking which set of animals are slaves to the fulanis!?
Re: Adeyeye Ogunwusi, Ooni Arives Ife Ahead Of His Coronation by Nobody: 5:12pm On Oct 28, 2015
GboyegaD:

How will it not have. A good bible believing christian will not go into such. Ife is cradle of idol worshipping. But he will gain the whole world

4 Likes

Re: Adeyeye Ogunwusi, Ooni Arives Ife Ahead Of His Coronation by Eyepencil: 5:15pm On Oct 28, 2015
Gr8amechi:
touching
Everything na 'touching' for una... abeg park well jor!
Re: Adeyeye Ogunwusi, Ooni Arives Ife Ahead Of His Coronation by prideofscience: 5:16pm On Oct 28, 2015
my Boss in lekki office... kind man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adeyeye Ogunwusi, Ooni Arives Ife Ahead Of His Coronation by SmartMugu: 5:18pm On Oct 28, 2015
toyetade:

His father has no throne . He refused to be King.
I would have refused too. So I don't blame him. Too much fetish stuff is attached to the position, I don't agree with voodoo etc, so I'd stay away. Afterall I can afford my lifestyle without dining with some deities.

2 Likes

Re: Adeyeye Ogunwusi, Ooni Arives Ife Ahead Of His Coronation by ishadfurnitures: 5:21pm On Oct 28, 2015
Oba yeye ogunwusi my old time badmington player in the olden days of Loyola College.

1 Like

Re: Adeyeye Ogunwusi, Ooni Arives Ife Ahead Of His Coronation by emmasege: 5:21pm On Oct 28, 2015
HungerBAD:
The IFE people made a right choice.
And hopefully, the Alafin of Oyo, should end his beef with the IFE throne, and embrace this man as a Son.
Ooni's stool is an authority to be respected & is not a function of the age of the occupant. Alaafin needs to understand this in the overall interest of the Yoruba race. Am neither ife nor oyo indigene, but I understand 'itan' and 'aroba'.

5 Likes

Re: Adeyeye Ogunwusi, Ooni Arives Ife Ahead Of His Coronation by Nobody: 5:22pm On Oct 28, 2015
petkoffDrake:
pls Nairalanders... stop posting this Ooni elected today, die tomorrow...
let us celebrate our King. I dey feel d guy swagger, even though I do not like the manner in which he was selected.
Re: Adeyeye Ogunwusi, Ooni Arives Ife Ahead Of His Coronation by anonimi: 5:22pm On Oct 28, 2015
IlekeHD:
I hope it does. Stop relegating your culture for a white man's culture.

Africans need to be proud of their identity, their culture and tradition.

Even Jewish aren't Christians. Jesus was an outcast for goodness sake.

Be proud of who you are.

I think you are mixing culture with religion here although both are related but very different.
Christianity is NOT white culture or at least was not always. The whites also had their "pagan"/ traditional religions before Christianity was adopted some 1,700 years ago.
It is a religion from the Middle East, same as Islam that also recognises Jesus as Prophet Isa, not so

When we are able to SEPARATE our culture from its obnoxious religious overtones, we should make better progress by opening up our minds to seek more knowledge and enable our culture to be appreciate more by ourselves and others.
Re: Adeyeye Ogunwusi, Ooni Arives Ife Ahead Of His Coronation by Lilimax(f): 5:24pm On Oct 28, 2015
But whenever I remember this Ooni, my heart bleeds embarassed
He has to thread his salvation for tradition.
Heard that he'll begin to head more than 200 cults in Yoruba land when he assumes office. shocked

Chineke ekwekwana ife ojoo!!!

1 Like

Re: Adeyeye Ogunwusi, Ooni Arives Ife Ahead Of His Coronation by Nobody: 5:24pm On Oct 28, 2015
GboyegaD:
bro, the Ooni is the only deity in human form in yorubaland. There is no way you can serve 2 gods nah.

2 Likes

Re: Adeyeye Ogunwusi, Ooni Arives Ife Ahead Of His Coronation by padrey(m): 5:25pm On Oct 28, 2015
Kabi esi ooh..Igba Odun Odun Kan...Ki ade o pe lori ki bata o pe lese...ki irukere o je bi abere...Ile Odua o ni Baje....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Hausa/Fulani Girls Are The Most Beautiful In Nigeria [Photos] / 60 Igbo Names & Their Meaning / Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.