Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

Adeyeye Ogunwusi, Ooni Arives Ife Ahead Of His Coronation - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Adeyeye Ogunwusi, Ooni Arives Ife Ahead Of His Coronation (61915 Views)

Oba Adeyemi Adediran Ordained As Pastor 13 Years After His Coronation (Photos) / Adeyeye-Ogunwusi, Ooni Of Ife To Face EFCC / First Public Photo Of Adeyeye Ogunwusi, As He Prepares For His Coronation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeyeye Ogunwusi, Ooni Arives Ife Ahead Of His Coronation by macof(m): 10:30am On Oct 29, 2015
IlekeHD:
[size=14pt]I won't take you serious until you put Yoruba interest first. Oba ade, please continue the development in Yorubaland.

Gather our leaders together and encourage them to invest in Yoruba interest.

E kaabo, Kabiyesi![/size]

I just hope he will encourage the culture and history of Ife
Re: Adeyeye Ogunwusi, Ooni Arives Ife Ahead Of His Coronation by macof(m): 10:35am On Oct 29, 2015
ilawanson44:
I hope they won't demand "human heads" for the coronation? And why is he scratching his head in the last picture like he ain't sure of what he is doing!

#YorubaAndFetishLife

Smh. Must you be this foolish? When have you ever heard human heads are used for coronation?
Fetishism exists everywhere
Re: Adeyeye Ogunwusi, Ooni Arives Ife Ahead Of His Coronation by macof(m): 10:37am On Oct 29, 2015
GboyegaD:
I pray this doesn't have a negative impact on his Christianity.

Christianity has nothing to do with being Ooni or any rightful Oba
If he wanted to be a christian he shouldn't have indicated interest in the Obaship

1 Like

Re: Adeyeye Ogunwusi, Ooni Arives Ife Ahead Of His Coronation by macof(m): 10:44am On Oct 29, 2015
chiedu7:
SIR ,CONGRATULATIONS
IF YOU READ THIS REMEMBER ALL POWER BELONGS TO JESUS

Matthew 28:18
And Jesus came and spake unto them,
saying, "All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth".

Nonsense. If the Ooni designate cared about Jesus more than his ancestors he should have rejected the choice of the Ife people, and Ifa

1 Like

Re: Adeyeye Ogunwusi, Ooni Arives Ife Ahead Of His Coronation by macof(m): 10:49am On Oct 29, 2015
SmartMugu:

I would have refused too. So I don't blame him. Too much fetish stuff is attached to the position, I don't agree with voodoo etc, so I'd stay away. Afterall I can afford my lifestyle without dining with some deities.

Sharap! Did he tell you the reason he refused? Nobody cares about you and ur opinion of the African identity, even if you were interested in the position you can never be selected because you lack sense
Re: Adeyeye Ogunwusi, Ooni Arives Ife Ahead Of His Coronation by macof(m): 10:58am On Oct 29, 2015
anonimi:

I think you are mixing culture with religion here although both are related but very different.
Christianity is NOT white culture or at least was not always. The whites also had their "pagan"/ traditional religions before Christianity was adopted some 1,700 years ago.
It is a religion from the Middle East, same as Islam that also recognises Jesus as Prophet Isa, not so

When we are able to SEPARATE our culture from its obnoxious religious overtones, we should make better progress by opening up our minds to seek more knowledge and enable our culture to be appreciate more by ourselves and others.

You are NOT bright. If you knew the history of ur religion you will realize that Europe traditions are very much involved in christianity. From the crucifix, to virgin mother belief, to hell, trinity etc
Even in the middle-east christianity isn't taken seriously or makes any sense to them.

You cannot separate yoruba culture from its Spirituality. . Our culture, traditions, language, history and Spirituality is our identity. . We cannot kill it because some no good white mewanted us to. . Even today after christianity has served it's purpose, many of them are interested in our yoruba lifestyle ...
You need to kick out that sense of inferiority you have

1 Like

Re: Adeyeye Ogunwusi, Ooni Arives Ife Ahead Of His Coronation by macof(m): 11:02am On Oct 29, 2015
blackprowler:
The fact that the absolute majority of Nigerians, regardless of their so-called education absolutely approve of these agents of Nigerian disunity as their so-called culture preservation is an indicator why we will so long also continue to be a backward people eternally disunited. All monarchs are a personification of our disunity. They cannot thrive in a world where we all reject any tribal schism and promote Nigerian identity. Sadly people are too far from the light to ever understand what I'm saying

Another fool. Go tell this to the queen of England, king of Spain, king of Denmark etc

2 Likes

Re: Adeyeye Ogunwusi, Ooni Arives Ife Ahead Of His Coronation by SmartMugu: 11:04am On Oct 29, 2015
macof:

Sharap! Did he tell you the reason he refused? Nobody cares about you and ur opinion of the African identity, even if you were interested in the position you can never be selected because you lack sense
Who the hell is this i.diot. Don't come at me with ur stupidity. Is anyone in ur broke family worth anything? Why act like ure related to them and people's thoughts don't matter? Did I ever say I knew why he refused? What's wrong with me saying why I'd refuse? Why even ask a brainless a.ss-hole like you such questions.

Next time, before cursing anyone else for no reason, first wake up your worthless dad and mom from their worthless sleep by kicking them, tell the to sharap if they ask any questions and finally tell them they're id.iots for having you and not teaching you manners.

Under aged worthless id.iot with no manners.

Don't bother responding, I don't go back and forth with f.ucked up minds.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adeyeye Ogunwusi, Ooni Arives Ife Ahead Of His Coronation by macof(m): 11:07am On Oct 29, 2015
Iyoma2:
My prayers for him is! May he not join secret cult, may he not marry more than one wife, may he not have abobaku, may he not look at different directions with his two eyes at the same time. Long live kabiyesi. Long live Nigeria.

You are so delusional.

He must join Ogboni
He, like every yoruba man can have more than one wife

1 Like

Re: Adeyeye Ogunwusi, Ooni Arives Ife Ahead Of His Coronation by Nobody: 11:15am On Oct 29, 2015
He's playing the role of Oduduwa. Hence, bound to adhere to everything traditionally spiritual.

In these photos, he's being met by Oloja Iranje Ideta (Obalesun) who is playing the role of Obatala when he met Oduduwa upon his entrance into Ife.

So, Jesus warriors and modernity thugs can go sniff butts.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeyeye Ogunwusi, Ooni Arives Ife Ahead Of His Coronation by Nobody: 11:17am On Oct 29, 2015
To the jesus hoes and modernization whimps.

He's at Orunto compound to perform rites at Orunto river inside the compound.

The last picture is the Ooni at Obalufe's palace.

You can start eating your booty cheese now.

2 Likes

Re: Adeyeye Ogunwusi, Ooni Arives Ife Ahead Of His Coronation by macof(m): 11:18am On Oct 29, 2015
SmartMugu:

Who the hell is this i.diot. Don't come at me with ur stupidity. Is anyone in ur broke family worth anything? Why act like ure related to them and people's thoughts don't matter? Did I ever say I knew why he refused? What's wrong with me saying why I'd refuse? Why even ask a brainless a.ss-hole like you such questions.

Next time, before cursing anyone else for no reason, first wake up your worthless dad and mom from their worthless sleep by kicking them, tell the to sharap if they ask any questions and finally tell them they're id.iots for having you and not teaching you manners.

Under aged worthless id.iot with no manners.

Don't bother responding, I don't go back and forth with f.ucked up minds.

You are a senseless bastard. If you were sensible you would not insult a people's culture and come back to insult someone's parents

1 Like

Re: Adeyeye Ogunwusi, Ooni Arives Ife Ahead Of His Coronation by Bonapart(m): 11:20am On Oct 29, 2015
[quote author=macof post=39477437]

You were born to be a fool. Why do you like displaying ur inherited stupidity everywhere?[/quote, again? Wat have to do with you
Re: Adeyeye Ogunwusi, Ooni Arives Ife Ahead Of His Coronation by Nobody: 11:20am On Oct 29, 2015
To the europe belief system manliness riders and the enlightened ones kept in the darkness from African tradition.

The Ooni is still going to Ideta to perform certain rites at Obatala's first palace before getting the Ade Are.

You can now go soak up used mentrual pads in water and drink it up.

2 Likes

Re: Adeyeye Ogunwusi, Ooni Arives Ife Ahead Of His Coronation by SmartMugu: 11:22am On Oct 29, 2015
macof:

You are senseless bastard. If you were sensible you would not insult a people's culture and come back to insult someone's parents

I didn't insult a people's culture. I'm from that area and the culture is a part of me. For acting like a senseless bastard in the first place, I have nothing else to talk to you about.
Re: Adeyeye Ogunwusi, Ooni Arives Ife Ahead Of His Coronation by macof(m): 11:34am On Oct 29, 2015
SmartMugu:

I didn't insult a people's culture. I'm from that area and the culture is a part of me. For acting like a senseless bastardized in the first place, I have nothing else to talk to you about.

iIf you didn't mean any offense to the yoruba Obaship you should have kept ur opinion to urself
Re: Adeyeye Ogunwusi, Ooni Arives Ife Ahead Of His Coronation by SmartMugu: 11:56am On Oct 29, 2015
macof:

iIf you didn't mean any offense to the yoruba Obaship you should have kept ur opinion to urself
I would not insult my culture, and I have every right to state my views in the forum like this just like everyone else. If you kept your opinion to yourself, you wouldn't have started off cursing me for no reason.
Re: Adeyeye Ogunwusi, Ooni Arives Ife Ahead Of His Coronation by macof(m): 12:37pm On Oct 29, 2015
SmartMugu:

I would not insult my culture, and I have every right to state my views in the forum like this just like everyone else. If you kept your opinion to yourself, you wouldn't have started off cursing me for no reason.

This is a completely offensive statement.
I would have refused too. So I don't blame him. Too much fetish stuff is attached to the position, I don't agree with voodoo etc, so I'd stay away. Afterall I can afford my lifestyle without dining with some deities.
If you had nothing better too say why comment?

You shouldnt have insulted someone's parents. It's a disgraceful act that only no good touts indulge in.. I'm sure you are one
Re: Adeyeye Ogunwusi, Ooni Arives Ife Ahead Of His Coronation by blackprowler: 1:20pm On Oct 29, 2015
macof:

Another fool. Go tell this to the queen of England, king of Spain, king of Denmark etc

Aha. Someone has already abused me with the exact same words. Lol. Mice don't know they're mice. I don't know if black man can ever be conscious of his folly and correct his ways
Re: Adeyeye Ogunwusi, Ooni Arives Ife Ahead Of His Coronation by PenSniper: 9:29pm On Oct 29, 2015
moderation2020:

It is not by mere words we all know who are slaves that were conquered by women of hausa fulani's, even your state Akure plus others were taken and to Northerners without any retaliate, that's slavery personified cowardice.
natural back stabbers and foolish race, because what ever is happening 2 East Coast today along the history line has once happened to your idiotic race, pls get beside me you
sons of perdition

Take my tip - go back to school for your own good.
Re: Adeyeye Ogunwusi, Ooni Arives Ife Ahead Of His Coronation by tpiah11: 11:18pm On Oct 29, 2015
9jacrip:
To the jesus hoes and modernization whimps.

unnecessary insults.
Re: Adeyeye Ogunwusi, Ooni Arives Ife Ahead Of His Coronation by Panzerfaust(m): 10:48am On Oct 31, 2015
moderation2020:

you dont have a father in the first place, looking at you I knw you are a product of accidental discharge
hooligan race grin bloody heediiooot grin a fool at 30, sorry at 40 grin afool 4ever. scratched face race
oloshi oloriburuku. Omo ale jati-jati.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Hausa/Fulani Girls Are The Most Beautiful In Nigeria [Photos] / 60 Igbo Names & Their Meaning / Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.