Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,970 members, 7,852,274 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:05 PM

Confirm Amaechi And Lose Our Support, PDP Senators Warn Saraki - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Confirm Amaechi And Lose Our Support, PDP Senators Warn Saraki (45583 Views)

Why Do IPOB Members Support PDP? / Senate To Confirm Amaechi, 17 Other Remaining Ministerial Nominees Today / Don't intimidate us with EFCC,PDP Senators Warn FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Confirm Amaechi And Lose Our Support, PDP Senators Warn Saraki by Abeyjide: 7:12am On Oct 29, 2015
Phame:
why would they have leadership when akpabio is their leader in senate? Akpabio is a bit confused.

EFCC is enough to tame him.lol
Re: Confirm Amaechi And Lose Our Support, PDP Senators Warn Saraki by wale0911: 7:12am On Oct 29, 2015
Oops! This is gonna be interesting. Finger crossed as I sidon dey look the event unfold. Good morning good people of this great nation.
Re: Confirm Amaechi And Lose Our Support, PDP Senators Warn Saraki by kennybabs1980: 7:12am On Oct 29, 2015
PDPwayoo:

no need to lobby PDP. APC should rally around their senators cos they r majority
these PDP e-wailers has failed to understand that democracy is a game of number, Amaechi is already confirmed

2 Likes

Re: Confirm Amaechi And Lose Our Support, PDP Senators Warn Saraki by kel4soft: 7:13am On Oct 29, 2015
These PDP fellas haven't learnt their lessons. That Amaechi they re fighting will eventually sink them. If am any of the PDP folks, I'll just wash my hands off the fella.

1 Like

Re: Confirm Amaechi And Lose Our Support, PDP Senators Warn Saraki by nnachidav: 7:13am On Oct 29, 2015
Nigerian poliThieves
Re: Confirm Amaechi And Lose Our Support, PDP Senators Warn Saraki by Nobody: 7:15am On Oct 29, 2015
Abugab:
Medicine after death.
When they all remained mute during screening for whatever selfish reasons they have and now they have resorted to blackmail the usual PDP way.
These PDP senators are just losers....

You know nothing about Politics this might be a plot for Buhari to endorse Saraki and Ekweremadu..... APC is a toy party when it come to politics with PDP , I bet you the day Mr integrity(Buhari's) a$$ is open or he left politics I can bet it APC is DEAD
Re: Confirm Amaechi And Lose Our Support, PDP Senators Warn Saraki by zeusdgrt(m): 7:15am On Oct 29, 2015
Phame:
why would they have leadership when akpabio is their leader in senate? Akpabio is a bit confused.
Still no point or fact made by u
Re: Confirm Amaechi And Lose Our Support, PDP Senators Warn Saraki by Adminisher: 7:16am On Oct 29, 2015
PDP Senators. Playing with fire since 12 BC.

1 Like

Re: Confirm Amaechi And Lose Our Support, PDP Senators Warn Saraki by naptu2: 7:17am On Oct 29, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

The gavel is a "stamp", nothing happens after it's struck until the next legislative day. During the time of Tambuwal as Speaker, it's the House had adjourned and the the gavel used that he announced his defection to APC. At that moment, PDP members would've called for his resignation but wouldn't because the gavel had been struck and the House adjourned to the next two months or so.

Mynd44:

The power lies with the Senators actually. If the senate president hits the gravel, any senator can raise a point of order and call for a vote count. This will see the senators vote and the side with the highest votes win

SENATE STANDING ORDERS 2007 AS AMENDED

72.-(1) The modes of voting in the Senate shall be:

(a) by voice vote;

(b) by signing of register in a division; or

(c) through electronic voting device installed in the Senate.

[b]73.-(1) Any Senator may challenge the opinion of the President of the Senate or the Chairman by claiming a division.

(2) if the opinion of the President of the Senate, or in Committee of the Whole Senate, the Chairman, as to the decision of the question is challenged, the President of Senate or the Chairman shall direct that the lobbies be cleared and on such direction being given, all doors leading to the Chamber shall be locked and the division bells shall be rung for one minute.

(3) After the lapse of two minutes from the direction to clear the lobbies the President of the Senate or the Chairman shall put the question a second time and, if his opinion in again challenged a division shall be taken by the Clerk calling each Senator’s name and asking each Senator separately how he desires to vote and recording the vote accordingly. The Clerk shall thereafter read the names and announce the number of those who have voted for and against the proposal, and the President of the Senate or the Chairman shall declare the result of the division.

(4) Every Senator present, unless he expressly says that he declines to vote, shall record his vote either for the Ayes or the Noes. The Clerk shall add a statement of the names of Senators who decline to vote.[/b]

http://www.senatorarise.com/senaterules.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Confirm Amaechi And Lose Our Support, PDP Senators Warn Saraki by zeusdgrt(m): 7:17am On Oct 29, 2015
Aromas:

Seriously I don't see them playing the role of opposition in the red chamber, all they keep doing is follow-up and misguide attitude. SMH 4 PDP
You don't know politics
Re: Confirm Amaechi And Lose Our Support, PDP Senators Warn Saraki by focus7: 7:18am On Oct 29, 2015
PDP is an evil party, they know nothing but hate and resentment. This is the same thing they did during the campaign towards the last election against Buhari and they still failed, they will still fail in Amaechi case, we need Amaechi to bring order to the anomaly constituted in Rivers State by the thug imposing himself as the governor of Rivers State call Wike.

2 Likes

Re: Confirm Amaechi And Lose Our Support, PDP Senators Warn Saraki by TRUTHSURE: 7:19am On Oct 29, 2015
Amaechi will be confiremed....

1 Like

Re: Confirm Amaechi And Lose Our Support, PDP Senators Warn Saraki by kennybabs1980: 7:23am On Oct 29, 2015
kaycid77:

You know nothing about Politics this might be a plot for Buhari to endorse Saraki and Ekweremadu..... APC is a toy party when it come to politics with PDP , I bet you the day Mr integrity(Buhari's) a$$ is open or he left politics I can bet it APC is DEAD
who will open Buhari's ass? Akpabio, Buruji Kashamu, Stella Oduah or David Mark? You ate a celebrated joker!

1 Like

Re: Confirm Amaechi And Lose Our Support, PDP Senators Warn Saraki by zeusdgrt(m): 7:23am On Oct 29, 2015
Aufbauh:
We have heard enough of this vain grandstanding and futile legislative histrionics from the opposition PDP senators, i think it is high time to draw the line & place them where they belong as the minority in the chamber.

Saraki sold out his soul to them upon his ascension to the seat of Senate Presidency, but nonetheless, Ameachi's confirmation is beyond their vain hope on Saraki.
The sure bet is to call for division and voice votes or otherwise will be ascertain, then the minority will know their statue.
From the proceedings so far, the APC senators bloc support are with Ameachi so Ameachi's confirmation is a 'BANKER'.
You have made no point why ameachi shuld be confirmed.
Re: Confirm Amaechi And Lose Our Support, PDP Senators Warn Saraki by Nobody: 7:25am On Oct 29, 2015
powerfulsettingz:
Why they were scared of rotimi I just don't know

An extremely reliable source told me in person that Amaechi wasn't lying when he said at his screening that he has never received or given a bribe.

There's no dirt on the man which folks can hold on to and use to manipulate or blackmail him I guess that's why they are afraid of him.

Even I argued with this person because our tendency is to assume that all politicians are corrupt and bribe goes with the territory.

I was reasonably convinced when that person (let's call him Ben) shared his personal story about Amaechi and how they almost fell out because he led a group of men to offer Amaechi bribe for something. Amaechi turned down the bribe and severely warned Ben to never try that again for as long as he (Ben) lives.

Me - I like Amaechi, Buhari and others like them. At night vigil tomorrow I'll focus my prayers on these men who mean well for Naija and this new regime as a whole.

Isn't it funny - as a Christian I often feel a genuine desire and excitement within my soul to pray for Buhari and the success of his regime, more than I did for that other president called GEJ.

I hardly felt a sincere desire to pray for GEJ just anger & annoyance and my attitude was always like abeg, abeg, abeg let me hear word joor. The man can pray for himself shebi all of us have access to the throne of Grace - shallow of me but true.

God is definitely about to do something good in this country.

2 Likes

Re: Confirm Amaechi And Lose Our Support, PDP Senators Warn Saraki by mrhipup(m): 7:26am On Oct 29, 2015
I "smell" fight in d house
Re: Confirm Amaechi And Lose Our Support, PDP Senators Warn Saraki by zeusdgrt(m): 7:27am On Oct 29, 2015
maskamdo:
They the pdp senators have become victims of there own schemes in the past, where anything was allowed no matter how mediocre, because they were the majority! Remember the obanikoros' of recent past celebrated by david mark our (in)capable senate president et all!!!!!
I tot you APC guys are for change?
Re: Confirm Amaechi And Lose Our Support, PDP Senators Warn Saraki by Pidggin(f): 7:27am On Oct 29, 2015
I like this angry
Re: Confirm Amaechi And Lose Our Support, PDP Senators Warn Saraki by free2ryhme: 7:28am On Oct 29, 2015
Whether PDP like it or not Amechi is going to be affirmed today even the meeting which held yesterday did lacking substance to stop the man of the moment because Wike failed and Amechi must fail power pass power. If the PDP want to know how United APC is, today, let them divergence a bit they will always be attacked with their conceive

1 Like

Re: Confirm Amaechi And Lose Our Support, PDP Senators Warn Saraki by Chocboyslim: 7:28am On Oct 29, 2015
I was thinking dat APC was sailing in a sinking ship; bt i tho
Re: Confirm Amaechi And Lose Our Support, PDP Senators Warn Saraki by emzila(m): 7:28am On Oct 29, 2015
THEM NO KNOW SAY TINUBU, THE JAGABAM WITH SAI BABA DON HOLD SARAKI FOR BLOCOS AT CODE OF CONDUCT TRIBUNAL. WATIN SARAKI DE NOW, NA TO JUST THEY SAY "THE I SERVE IT". AMEACHI HAS BEEN CONFIRMED LONG AGO.
Re: Confirm Amaechi And Lose Our Support, PDP Senators Warn Saraki by seniorbros(m): 7:29am On Oct 29, 2015
Opinedecandid:
Hmmmm.

Contrary to ApC's claim, they are the ones to be told, 'it has ceased to be business as usual'!

PDP senators as ably led by Senator Godswill Akpabio are the ones that make the 8th Senate lively and interesting.
PDP senators are focused and no-nonsense senators.
They are ready and able at all times to teach APC the ropes of leaadership.
Amaechi and Usani Uguru are in soup. It is not too late, they better swing into action and start lobbying the opposition through their caucus.
Even in the western world Legislature, lobbying is done.
This is the beauty of democracy, especially a multi/two party democracy. Not (God forbid) this one party zoo APC is trying to turn Nigeria into. I wonder whose dictatorial and totalitarian ambition the single party agenda means to further.

This is nonsense. As a minority, PDP will always have their say but APC being the majority will have their way. See Amaechi scale through confirmation in style today.

2 Likes

Re: Confirm Amaechi And Lose Our Support, PDP Senators Warn Saraki by notjohndoe: 7:31am On Oct 29, 2015
When the PDP legislators enter their offices today,there will be fat packages of compelling reasons to confirm Amaechi on their tables. With love from the EFCC.

1 Like

Re: Confirm Amaechi And Lose Our Support, PDP Senators Warn Saraki by Abugab(m): 7:31am On Oct 29, 2015
kaycid77:

Politics of bitterness and dirty intrigues which has set the nation back you mean or politics that will move the nation forward?

1 Like

Re: Confirm Amaechi And Lose Our Support, PDP Senators Warn Saraki by zeusdgrt(m): 7:31am On Oct 29, 2015
Opinedecandid:
Hmmmm.

Contrary to ApC's claim, they are the ones to be told, 'it has ceased to be business as usual'!

PDP senators as ably led by Senator Godswill Akpabio are the ones that make the 8th Senate lively and interesting.
PDP senators are focused and no-nonsense senators.
They are ready and able at all times to teach APC the ropes of leaadership.
Amaechi and Usani Uguru are in soup. It is not too late, they better swing into action and start lobbying the opposition through their caucus.
Even in the western world Legislature, lobbying is done.
This is the beauty of democracy, especially a multi/two party democracy. Not (God forbid) this one party zoo APC is trying to turn Nigeria into. I wonder whose dictatorial and totalitarian ambition the single party agenda means to further.
Good political view like this comment makes me smile

1 Like

Re: Confirm Amaechi And Lose Our Support, PDP Senators Warn Saraki by seniorbros(m): 7:32am On Oct 29, 2015
zeusdgrt:
I tot you APC guys are for change?

Change is gradual, just like Rome wasn't built in a day. Let the real change begin after this confirmation, lol.

1 Like

Re: Confirm Amaechi And Lose Our Support, PDP Senators Warn Saraki by VagileVictor(m): 7:34am On Oct 29, 2015
Good radiance to bad rubbish.
Sen. Bukola Olusola Saraki should be careful and mindful of the PDP caucus that brought him to power or forever regret his lose.
It is an advise that can secure his position.
Re: Confirm Amaechi And Lose Our Support, PDP Senators Warn Saraki by zeusdgrt(m): 7:35am On Oct 29, 2015
modath:

It is the not only an empty threat, it is one that has made them a laughing stock cheesy.

It's obvious they are still smarting from the fact that Amaechi's involvement put a major dent in the fortunes of PDP, so no one taked them serious, THEY ARE CLOWNS...

The only showdown they can is to leave Saraki to bear his cross alone, they do not need to be lobbied, they are in the MINORITY, they are only entitled to their SAY, the MAJORITY has the right of WAY..

The deal is between Saraki & PDP, they will sort themselves out, they are one & same.
you know nothing about politics
Re: Confirm Amaechi And Lose Our Support, PDP Senators Warn Saraki by soldierdollar(m): 7:36am On Oct 29, 2015
Aromas:
The PDP caucus are just set of confused lawmakers who lack leadership role to operate in the house as an opposition. Aren't they ashamed of themselves.......... Mind you not hear to support Amaechi but the fact remains that the PDP senators need to re-strategies themselves and play their as opposition.

So what role are they playing? As supporters ?
If you can't construct a reasonable English, just ....
Re: Confirm Amaechi And Lose Our Support, PDP Senators Warn Saraki by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:37am On Oct 29, 2015
kaycid77:

OrlandoOwoh a bunch of illiterate brain..... the word is not I's,..... it is AYE or AY meaning YES,
you are nothing but an Educated Illiterate just like Amaechi a 3rd class graduate from faculty of Humanities uniport grin
Femi Falana graduated with 3rd Class in Law and rose to become the Chairman of West African Bar Association and one of the best lawyers in Nigeria.

Jonathan's 2:1 is nothing compared to Amaechi's "3rd Class."

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Saraki Welcomed In Ilorin Amid Fun Fare ;D (pictures!!!) / INEC Electoral Officer Related To Akpabio Nab With Results And Ballot Papers / Treason: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Lai Mohammed's Comments On Obi, Datti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.