Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,463 members, 7,830,316 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

Wike’s Loyalists Open Fake PREMIUM TIMES Facebook Page For Deception - PT - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike’s Loyalists Open Fake PREMIUM TIMES Facebook Page For Deception - PT (12967 Views)

Buhari And His Economic Recovery Plan For Deception / Melaye To Remi Tinubu: "I Will Beat You, Impregnate You" - Premium Times / Sheriff Loyalists Take Over PDP Secretariat Wadata House (PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike’s Loyalists Open Fake PREMIUM TIMES Facebook Page For Deception - PT by kahal29: 3:52am On Oct 29, 2015
Some supporters of the Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, have created a phony Facebook account, passing it off as the original PREMIUM TIMES Facebook page, in what appears a desperate move to mislead the public.

The page calls itself Premium Times News and uses the logo and other creatives and styles belonging to PREMIUM TIMES. Through the page, the group peddles falsehoods and dishes out dangerous propaganda, circulating them widely as if they emanated from PREMIUM TIMES reporting.At times, the group hires some blogs and websites to help it republish its falsehoods on their platforms.

The page claims its administrators operate out of 38 Forces Avenue, Old GRA, Port Harcourt, the same address as that of the Rivers state chapter of the All Progressives Congress. We later found this to be a decoy.

The page started out as a Nyesom Wike support group. The page’s permanent URL (https://www.facebook.com/nyesomwike2015/) clearly shows this. But shortly after the elections, it changed its identity to Premium Times News, cloning the PREMIUM TIMES brand.

The administrators of the page also stole and used PREMIUM TIMES’ branding elements in a bid to deceive the public and pass down its highly biased contents as though it was produced in line with PREMIUM TIMES’ professional standard.

On Tuesday, a website, The Trent Online, circulated a concocted news item it sourced from the fake Facebook page, attributing it to PREMIUM TIMES.

The report purportedly quoted Justice Muazu Pindiga, a judge who served on the Rivers Governorship Election Petition Tribunal, as claiming that he was offered bribe, threatened by the State Security Service before he was eventually removed from the tribunal.

The story was apparently manufactured to cast aspersion on the judgment of the Rivers Tribunal which gave judgment on Saturday sacking Governor Wike and ordering a rerun in the state.

PREMIUM TIMES did not publish any such story and the Trent did not contact our paper before running a piece it sourced from the fake Facebook page.

On Wednesday, the website left an editor’s note below the fake story saying it had since determined that the Facebook page from which it sourced the report does not belong to PREMIUM TIMES.

It however failed to pull down the story, saying doing so would leave its readers encountering “an error message if they attempted to reference this report”.

Another website, Elombah.com had earlier published the same phony report. But it has since edited its post, removing PREMIUM TIMES as the source of its story.

PREMIUM TIMES Managing Editor, Musikilu Mojeed, said his organization became aware of the fake Facebook page some weeks ago.

“Our head of digital strategy immediately filed a formal report to Facebook but Facebook has failed to pull the page down since then, letting the mischief makers to continue spreading their falsehoods, using our identity,” Mr. Mojeed said.

“PREMIUM TIMES has only two Facebook pages. The first is the English version – www.facebook.com/premiumtimes – and the Hausa version – www.facebook.com/premiumtimeshausa.

“Any other page claiming to belong to the PREMIUM TIMES brand is a pirated copy and should be disregarded.”

When contacted on the matter, Governor Wike’s media assistant, Sam Nwakaudu, said, “This your blackmail is getting out of hand.” He immediately terminated the call.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/192283-gov-nyesom-wikes-loyalists-open-fake-premium-times-facebook-page-for-deception-propaganda.html

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike’s Loyalists Open Fake PREMIUM TIMES Facebook Page For Deception - PT by kahal29: 4:03am On Oct 29, 2015
Wike...... You see your life.... Why is everything about you Fraudulent....... You are finished.

116 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike’s Loyalists Open Fake PREMIUM TIMES Facebook Page For Deception - PT by dustmalik: 5:11am On Oct 29, 2015
PDP, Wike and their supporters are all criminals, so no surprises here.

79 Likes

Re: Wike’s Loyalists Open Fake PREMIUM TIMES Facebook Page For Deception - PT by engrfcuksmtin(m): 5:12am On Oct 29, 2015
Desperation

18 Likes

Re: Wike’s Loyalists Open Fake PREMIUM TIMES Facebook Page For Deception - PT by Nobody: 5:22am On Oct 29, 2015
justice must prevail.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike’s Loyalists Open Fake PREMIUM TIMES Facebook Page For Deception - PT by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:23am On Oct 29, 2015
PDP don suffer.

19 Likes

Re: Wike’s Loyalists Open Fake PREMIUM TIMES Facebook Page For Deception - PT by IamPatriotic(m): 5:31am On Oct 29, 2015
These people deliberately murdered sleep on the 11th of Apr. 2015, and they've since then known no rest.

24 Likes

Re: Wike’s Loyalists Open Fake PREMIUM TIMES Facebook Page For Deception - PT by kahal29: 6:03am On Oct 29, 2015
IamPatriotic:
These people deliberately murdered sleep on the 11th of Apr. 2015, and they've since then known no rest.

I dey tel you.... They sowed the wind and they are now reaping the whirlwind. Hosea 8:7

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike’s Loyalists Open Fake PREMIUM TIMES Facebook Page For Deception - PT by LordMecuzy(m): 6:06am On Oct 29, 2015
But I thought Nyesom Wike is the peoples choice and Rivers state is 100% PDP?

29 Likes

Re: Wike’s Loyalists Open Fake PREMIUM TIMES Facebook Page For Deception - PT by Babzrockman: 6:09am On Oct 29, 2015
Wike the desperador! How could that have saved him from being sacked. Nyesom- naive and nut Wike- weak and wicked

18 Likes

Re: Wike’s Loyalists Open Fake PREMIUM TIMES Facebook Page For Deception - PT by modath(f): 6:10am On Oct 29, 2015
LordMecuzy:
But I thought Nyesom Wike is the peoples choice and Rivers state is 100% PDP?

That ship sailed since, the IGG of Rivers folks after jona's loss is gone & his clampdown on the biafra warlords didn't do him any good.

Wicked wike's main problem now is that he knows what will definitely happen to him once his immunity is out of the way.. He knows hades is going to rain down on me.

Forgery is small to a thief & a killer!!!

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike’s Loyalists Open Fake PREMIUM TIMES Facebook Page For Deception - PT by aminho(m): 6:10am On Oct 29, 2015
Sau godiya munafirchi dodo

3 Likes

Re: Wike’s Loyalists Open Fake PREMIUM TIMES Facebook Page For Deception - PT by hardywaltz(m): 6:22am On Oct 29, 2015
WikeD the desperate clown

2 Likes

Re: Wike’s Loyalists Open Fake PREMIUM TIMES Facebook Page For Deception - PT by midolian(m): 6:22am On Oct 29, 2015
Cc: lalasticlala
Re: Wike’s Loyalists Open Fake PREMIUM TIMES Facebook Page For Deception - PT by omenka(m): 6:39am On Oct 29, 2015
I have said it and would repeat it again- trent, savinggrace, breakingtimes, guardiannewsusa, and hopefornigeria are totally useless PDP propaganda sites only visited by Wailers. Now they've gone as far as duplicating PT. Just imagine the shame.

Rotflmao. cheesy

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wike’s Loyalists Open Fake PREMIUM TIMES Facebook Page For Deception - PT by Aminat508(f): 6:51am On Oct 29, 2015
grin
Re: Wike’s Loyalists Open Fake PREMIUM TIMES Facebook Page For Deception - PT by Dannyset(m): 7:43am On Oct 29, 2015
Wike has got no lifeline in this. He's going down. So also is Trentonline.

7 Likes

Re: Wike’s Loyalists Open Fake PREMIUM TIMES Facebook Page For Deception - PT by kahal29: 7:45am On Oct 29, 2015
Front page

1 Like

Re: Wike’s Loyalists Open Fake PREMIUM TIMES Facebook Page For Deception - PT by kahal29: 7:56am On Oct 29, 2015
lalasticlala..... Pls do the needful nah

1 Like

Re: Wike’s Loyalists Open Fake PREMIUM TIMES Facebook Page For Deception - PT by Rawani: 8:08am On Oct 29, 2015
Nice investigative reporting by Premium Times to protect their brand.

kahal29:
cool
On Tuesday, a website, The Trent Online, circulated a concocted news item it sourced from the fake Facebook page, attributing it to PREMIUM TIMES.

The report purportedly quoted Justice Muazu Pindiga, a judge who served on the Rivers Governorship Election Petition Tribunal, as claiming that he was offered bribe, threatened by the State Security Service before he was eventually removed from the tribunal.

Let's hope Seun and the mods are guided by this report, so any propaganda from 'trentonline' and its sister publications will be henceforth banned from the front page.

Desperate 'high tension' Wike has been relegated to the Port Harcourt museum of political history.

Vote Dakuku Peterside for peaceful and responsible governance.

45 Likes

Re: Wike’s Loyalists Open Fake PREMIUM TIMES Facebook Page For Deception - PT by obailala(m): 8:17am On Oct 29, 2015
Interesting!
Re: Wike’s Loyalists Open Fake PREMIUM TIMES Facebook Page For Deception - PT by XBLadez: 8:52am On Oct 29, 2015

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike’s Loyalists Open Fake PREMIUM TIMES Facebook Page For Deception - PT by AYOdeji2102: 8:52am On Oct 29, 2015
Ok
Re: Wike’s Loyalists Open Fake PREMIUM TIMES Facebook Page For Deception - PT by Berrylite: 8:53am On Oct 29, 2015
To every beginning, there must be an end. Wike's tenure is coming to an end. shocked

To manage your diabetes naturally, click on ma signature

3 Likes

Re: Wike’s Loyalists Open Fake PREMIUM TIMES Facebook Page For Deception - PT by Nobody: 8:53am On Oct 29, 2015
Re: Wike’s Loyalists Open Fake PREMIUM TIMES Facebook Page For Deception - PT by Lilprincey(m): 8:53am On Oct 29, 2015
If chelsea defence nah like heaven, i swear many people for sneak enter..#teamWIKE

1 Like

Re: Wike’s Loyalists Open Fake PREMIUM TIMES Facebook Page For Deception - PT by Nobody: 8:53am On Oct 29, 2015
[b]A senior friend asked me to wait for him in an eatery in Lagos.
So I ordered a meal of about N1,500 (an amount a gentleman can
afford).
While eating and waiting, I noticed a man in a flowing apparel
(Agbada) walk in.
About 50 seconds later, a man went to this man and told him he
lost his wife and needed money to keep body and soul together.
Immediately, the man gave him a million naira cheque out of pity.
(Wow! I was shocked)
Another man went in crying and saying he lost his father and
needed money 4 his burial, this good and benevolent man gave him
a million naira cheque too!
I told myself, "I can't be left out of this Bounty."
I began cooking a story in my mind, a pitiful lie I'll also tell to
receive my own N1 million.
I summoned a little bit of courage and went to where the rich man
was sitting.
I told him I lost my grandfather and I needed money.
(I was crying hysterically)
While I was expecting this man to open his briefcase and give me a
cheque too, I suddenly heard a noise from behind me,
"CUT!!! CUT!!! CUT!!! MR MAN, YOU CAN'T INTERRUPT OUR
FILM."
KAI... E PAIN ME O I NO GO LIE[/b]

17 Likes

Re: Wike’s Loyalists Open Fake PREMIUM TIMES Facebook Page For Deception - PT by Sweetyie(f): 8:53am On Oct 29, 2015
Double wahala for dead body

1 Like

Re: Wike’s Loyalists Open Fake PREMIUM TIMES Facebook Page For Deception - PT by redefined300(m): 8:54am On Oct 29, 2015
Wow
Re: Wike’s Loyalists Open Fake PREMIUM TIMES Facebook Page For Deception - PT by mrlaw93(m): 8:54am On Oct 29, 2015
PDP bigots.. What cant they do? cry

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PMB's Invitation To White House Proof Of Good US-Nigeria Relations- Lai Mohammed / 2023: Obi Will Come Distant Fourth, Says Fani-Kayode / Lagos GDP Hits ₦‎41 Trillion, Ranks 7th In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.