Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,780 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now (24187 Views)

Battery Myths You Need To Stop Believing / Smart Phone Battery Myth We Should Stop Believing / 5 Common Smartphone Battery Myths You Probably Acknowledge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by nigeriancuban: 10:28am On Oct 29, 2015
adaweezy:

Pundits where always right about the very low standard of tecno, when you look at the quality/premium placed on tecno phones by the tecno manufacturers; you will definitely know that they use lower end resources to make sure phone which would fail the pass grade if shipped to the USA/Canada where quality is placed over price.
For Years now Tecno has consistently used the lower cadre of mobile phone processors to power its devices and unless the canon C8 is not an MTK phone maybe tecno has finally gone premium.
I still wont recommend a tecno phone except its basically for calling and receiving
Why didnt you mention their low resale value ?
well its so sad that the company didn't prepare well enough for the competition its now facing from their rivals but believe it PR not, techno phones still remains the best mtk products then maybe we talk of infinix and that's a big may be though
Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by Emnyte(m): 10:38am On Oct 29, 2015
Oya tell me what u can do with ur ios that i can't do with my tecnoy4
Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by parrotibaba(m): 10:39am On Oct 29, 2015
What about the phantom z that is stuck at kit kat cos of lack of OS update? and the folks that spent that much for the device are left reeling when they see that their phone has been abandoned?. What of the new c8 with the multitasking problems which after folks screamed for a fix on their Twitter n Facebook page they refused to release an update. Go to the various threads and you will see folks regretting ever getting the devices. And watch as tecno releases another product that fixes the problems and sell it costlier instead of fixing their phones. Very soon another flagship will ball out and this phantom 5 will look inferior.

Bottom line, we r not making this up, if you are good, you are good n I can confidently tell you that tecno products are not good

6 Likes

Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by blackprowler: 10:40am On Oct 29, 2015
TechRez:

I find it rather "heart-breaking" that you have to attach every article to monetary parameters. How did our society degenerate to this level?

Let me re-echo it again, that we do not have any sympathy for any mobile brand, neither do we write based on assumptions or emotions, but purely on facts.

It's really unfair to ask me how much Tecno paid me to put up this article because we are not for sale. We take the stuff we do on the blog seriously. Your time and your money are on the line when you’re deciding if you should purchase a tablet, smartphone, a PC peripheral, speakers, games or apps based on our judgement and we can't trade our reputation for a million dollars. Please take a seat! smiley

Take heart, Nigeria is rigged to remain backward and the people are the problem. Take all Nigerians out to Finland and take all Finnish people to Nigeria and give it 30 years; Nigerians in very-developed Finland would have wrecked and collapsed that country to a failed state and the Finnish people here would have turned this place into one of the normal developed nations as we have in Western Europe. Example: South Africa

1 Like

Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by 2rucool(m): 10:54am On Oct 29, 2015
Likewise me o
I will never buy tecno phones again and will continue to discourage my family and friends from buying as well.
infact, I just discourage a brother from buying and he's going for a better brand of phone.
I bought a tecno L7 for months I can't use it
On getting home the day I bought it the battery get full in about 40mins. New phone ? I knew there was a problem, the same battery drains like butter in the sun and the phone is getting hot like fire.
I was told to go to Carl care at computer village, they repair it twice but the problem is not solved after about two months with them.
Somebody later advice me that I should go to opebi Carl care center that those ones will repair it, I got there they did there own. When I collect and test it the problem is not solved . they said leave it and come back it will be solved which I did. On getting there after two weeks I collect and test again the problem is still there, leave it again and come back I did the 3rd time, returning to collect again after two weeks the problem is still there.
They still want me to drop it but I let them realise that if they don't know what they are doing I know what I am doing the worst is that I have lost money but I will never buy tecno phone and will continue to discourage people from buying it.

Ojugunrege:
@ TechRez, much as I think some of the reasons you flagged above are true, I personally will never buy a Techno phone again.
my reasons?
1. they only gave a 1 year warranty on the phantom A3 I bought last year. who does that? give a 1 year warranty on a smart phone that costs 50k?
2. just about 2 months after I bought it, they launched d phantom Z making my A3 look like poo....big fit nothing if u like. when I bought the phone in January 2014, it was the highest brand they had. why release another soo soon?
3. I had enough issues with the phone. first it started charging slowly like 4 months after I bought it. i had to start using a desktop charger. as if that was not enough, d screen broke. that was when someone suggested the Carl care centre. they replaced d screen for 15k and discovered that the slow charging was cos of a bad battery..new phone, fa? but wait for this...they couldn't get a new battery in phc.
when I was in lagos last Dec 2014, I went to the Carl center and I got a battery for 1k. but u know what? I was told that phantom A3 was no longer being made.
4. why would they stop making a brand because they started making an higher brand? thus making its parts scarce and repairs near impossible?
5. fast forward to july 2015. I just opened the phone to receive a call and lo and behold the screen was cracked. I have not able to use it nor repair it since then.
6. I have seen people recieve calls on their cracked Samsung phones. my verdict, techno uses inferior materials.
7. in all d techno phantom A3 cost me 66K and a lot of pains!!!!!
it lays injured (cracked screen ) and maybe dead in my bedside locker. no hope of repairs, no parts anywhere!
I will not recommend techno devices to friends, family nor enemy.
anyone that buys it is does that at their own risk

3 Likes

Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by dhoryn(f): 10:55am On Oct 29, 2015
obainojazz:
I thought tecno is a chinko phone made of cheap plastic.... I used a tecno....instead make I use them again...I'll count the sands in bar beach grin

Lol. What did the phone do to u?
Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by hicent: 11:01am On Oct 29, 2015
see,no mata d criticisms on tecno mobile phones..i still love tecno wit passion.. nd i go for any upgrade or latest of their products frm H6 to boom J7 den to phantom Z nd nw camon C8.. wil b going 4 phantom 5 soonest.. Tecno all d way...demn doz craps dat ppl say...1 man's fud is another man's poison..

2 Likes

Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by Neckyblue(f): 11:07am On Oct 29, 2015
TechRez:

I find it rather "heart-breaking" that you have to attach every article to monetary parameters. How did our society degenerate to this level?

Let me re-echo it again, that we do not have any sympathy for any mobile brand, neither do we write based on assumptions or emotions, but purely on facts.

It's really unfair to ask me how much Tecno paid me to put up this article because we are not for sale. We take the stuff we do on the blog seriously. Your time and your money are on the line when you’re deciding if you should purchase a tablet, smartphone, a PC peripheral, speakers, games or apps based on our judgement and we can't trade our reputation for a million dollars. Please take a seat! smiley

Tecno is full of shit Bros even with all this ur paintings.

1 Like

Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by ShaheedBinAliyu(m): 11:07am On Oct 29, 2015
TechRez:
When people develop self-hatred over a brand, they tend to easily believe negative things about the brand which forms a a belief system that’s passed across to several persons.

No matter how you look at it, purchasing a Tecno smartphone doesn’t make you any less important than people who go for the big guns; the likes of iPhone, HTC and Samsung.

Despite this established fact, you begin to wonder why there are tens of thousands of people who will catch a cold at the mention of the brand Tecno.

Short answer – It’s because they have fallen for the myth that Tecno smartphones are a ridiculous excuse for being a mobile phone.

Sadly, if you have fallen for any of these myths, then chances are you have missed a couple of things that users are enjoying.
Ehya... Na so you hate tecno ba.. . Sorry for your loss

So what exactly are these myths? Although there are pretty numerous , allow me to share with you 4 of the most common ones mobile lovers fall for.

1. Tecno Smartphones Are Bad Because There’re Made In CHINA!
No doubt, we hear this boring phrase every time and those who want to take a jab at users of the product shot them with the phrase – Tecno na chinko.

Ouch….

Don’t Miss: Tecno Is Loosing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee?

While it’s entirely true that Tecno is China based, it doesn’t make the product any less durable. It would shock you to know that most major mobile vendors, including Apple has manufacturing plants in China and most of the products coming to Africa especially Nigeria are made in China.

2. Tecno Smartphones Are Just “A Piece Of Cheap Plastic”

Again, Tecno products are entirely made of plastic, only recently did the Chinese OEM start producing smartphones with leather shell and metal casing, better late than never. However, Tecno’s decision to stick with “cheap plastic” in the past does makes a whole of sense considering the fact that they control a market whose users are predominantly “low budget earners.”

It is a known fact that the highly rated Samsung Galaxy S series (up to the Galaxy S5) are made with a “cheap” plastic shell. Also, two years ago, the World’s most valuable brand Apple designed a line of iPhone in Plastic casing and no one gave a hoot about it, though it was an embarrassing flop.

So you hate plastic casing as much as I do? The newly released Tecno Phantom 5 is your answer.

3. Saturation Of The Market With Same Phones In Different Label
Now, this is hilarious because it makes little or no sense to believe that Tecno is the only mobile vendor guilty of this act.

No mobile vendor has released phones in equal succession like Nokia and before it was acquired and dumped by Microsoft, no one saw the mass production of phones as a problem. Shouldn’t Tecno be given that same privilege considering also, that the China based company isn’t anywhere near Samsung in mass production of Smartphones?

Someone affirmed that Samsung doesn’t know the number of smartphones they have put up in the market. Although, there is no way to test the validity of such a claim, but it does makes Tecno a learner in the act of mass production of phones.

Don’t Forget: 4 Costly Mistakes That Forced Nokia Out Of The Smartphone Race

4. Tecno Leaves A Fault In Their Device, So They Can Sell The Next One

A lot of tech savvy users believe buying a Tecno Smartphone is as good as buying a product that’s dead on arrival (DOA). The myth that device malfunctioning only exist on the Tecno brand is not only ridiculous but shameful.

No responsible company would design a product with a deliberate fault, with Tecno’s resolve to create a brand that would give other competitors sleepless nights, it’s unlikely the China based company would trade its long term vision for a premeditated engineering and design blunder.

Final Thoughts

The recently lunched Tecno Camon C8 and Phantom 5 proves Tecno is gradually becoming a brand without limits.

Most of the flaws we highlighted earlier were carefully corrected and for the first time, I was impressed by Tecno’s design concept on its 2015 flagship concept.

A lot of pundits have said several negative things about Tecno but with the company’s latest mobile policy of releasing top-of-the line smartphones and dumping “cheap” plastic casing for good, a lot more people could change their perception about the China based company who dramatically played a vital role in fostering the transition of feature phones to smartphones in Nigeria.

Are you guilty of having fallen for any of these myths? If you are, then it’s high time you snapped out of it and crank up yourself to go get a Tecno phone. What do you think?
http://www.techrez.com/four-tecno-myths-you-should-stop-believing-right-now/

CC: lalasticlala
Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by nani667: 11:14am On Oct 29, 2015
Yet another Phantom 5 marketing thread.... Mods really need to fumigate this phone section

1 Like

Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by StealthyMe(m): 11:35am On Oct 29, 2015
ritababe:

what do u mean, phantom 5, camonc8 and boom j7, have ota update

I didn't say they don't have updates. You mentioned just 3 devices out of more than 30devices that Tecno have released. Thats not an impressive stat undecided
Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by bobo65(m): 11:38am On Oct 29, 2015
Nonybb:
My Samsung S3 Mini is down for selling at a price tag of N9,000(Though this is still negotiable). Anybody willing to buy should contact me. I am selling it to add up the money for Gionee M3 Mini, which is currently being sold at N16,500. Thanks. Here is my contact 07039138985

What's ur location
Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by Nobody: 11:43am On Oct 29, 2015
[quote author=TechRez post=39471925]When people develop self-hatred over a brand, they tend to easily

The only point I agree with u on is point 4,

The others 1-3 are 100 percent true FYI they arent myths but facts.
Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by Ojugunrege(f): 11:59am On Oct 29, 2015
ollah1:

You caused the pain upon yourself..

Rules in buying a new phone

1:... check our the specs and price
2:.... Wait for several months(read unbiased reviews, hands on videos, first hand experiences etc)
3:..... never spend so much on an unknown brand

For God's sake, why would you spend so much on a product that isn't even known in its home country? The only place where Tecno is sold is Nigeria simply because there aren't regulations here. I can bet you, these Tecno phones don't work abroad. Thats the fact

No Sir, I did not cause any pain for myself. Am I tecnno that made d the phone with inferior parts? Gives only 1 year warranty? Declares a model obsolete? Push another model into the market only few weeks after d previous was released?

1. I checked out the specs of the Phantom A3 and it met my requirements. The price was also ok for me. The 3 questions i asked in d paragraph above made d phone redundant. And d inferior parts made it spoil quickly!

2. Interestingly, i first read of techno here on NL and it had good reviews. With benefit of hindsight now, i think most of the reviewers were students or younger people. I didnt have the extra months to wait. My BB was stolen a few months b4 then, i had been managing one little nokia and i needed to get an android device. Techno with its 'good' review caught my fancy. I decided to go for the flagship A3 then cos it was still within d budget constraint i set.

3. I think i already provided an answer to this in 2. above. Besides, for me it is not so much about the cost but that d phone performance did not match the expected performance based on d cost.

Btw, although i cannot categorically say techno works everywhere abroad but i know it works in d USA. A colleague of mine had one of the Phantoms, i think A when we were on a course in d USA in October/November 2013 and it worked perfectly. U know what? My nokia did not work. Another reason y i went for A3 in January 2014.

@ Ollah1, do not blame me for buying a techno phone. Blame techno for not giving me value for my money. And i that is d summary of my posts.

2 Likes

Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by chival(f): 12:31pm On Oct 29, 2015
Whizpeter:
Ab0ki na Ab0ki, forget face cap...

*typing from my Tecno boom J7* cool

That is the same phone I use and I have absolutely no issues with it. It's also sleek and stylish and attracts attention.
Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by bigmo1(m): 2:24pm On Oct 29, 2015
From M7 to F7. Now I just got myself that fine girl called c8. #teamtecno for life.
Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by maasoap(m): 3:01pm On Oct 29, 2015
There are better phones than tecno. My Sparkle V is already asking me if I want to upgrade to OS 6.0 Marshmallow.
Though, I once bought tecno n3 but I've said bye bye to tecno world.

1 Like

Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by Whizpeter(m): 3:51pm On Oct 29, 2015
ritababe:

what do u mean, phantom 5, camonc8 and boom j7, have ota update

No vex, which boom j7 are you talking about? undecided You mean this one I'm typing with? Where is the OTA update? angry
Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by Nonybb: 5:02pm On Oct 29, 2015
bobo65:

What's ur location
Make the call
Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by adaweezy(m): 5:30pm On Oct 29, 2015
daremarvell:
guy you need to change your perception about the brand. Their devices are very good and durable
shocked shocked
Did you understand what I typed
Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by CertifiedSamuel: 7:21pm On Oct 29, 2015
One question for the OP.

Will you buy a Tecno phone with your money?

1 Like

Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by bobo65(m): 7:27pm On Oct 29, 2015
Nonybb:
Make the call

U dey weird o
Wahs d big deal in revealing ur location?

Anyways my bro called n shifted u guys meeting to tomorrow
Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by Frontier2: 8:07pm On Oct 29, 2015
parrotibaba:
What about the phantom z that is stuck at kit kat cos of lack of OS update? and the folks that spent that much for the device are left reeling when they see that their phone has been abandoned?. What of the new c8 with the multitasking problems which after folks screamed for a fix on their Twitter n Facebook page they refused to release an update. Go to the various threads and you will see folks regretting ever getting the devices. And watch as tecno releases another product that fixes the problems and sell it costlier instead of fixing their phones. Very soon another flagship will ball out and this phantom 5 will look inferior.

Bottom line, we r not making this up, if you are good, you are good n I can confidently tell you that tecno products are not good
guy which one have u used that is not good. Company don't just released an update without taking lot of things into consideration. The phantom 5 will definitely receive an android Marshmallow update over the air not update released in the forum that lots of people can update themselves.
Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by bemtos: 9:25pm On Oct 29, 2015
Tecno my realest brand. I love it!!!!!!
Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by TechRez(m): 10:55pm On Oct 29, 2015
CertifiedSamuel:
One question for the OP.

Will you buy a Tecno phone with your money?
This is a genuine question..
Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by kazzonline: 11:11pm On Oct 29, 2015
Tecno is not a bad brand!!! But they shldnt forget what they stand for!! Affordable phones for all,not going into production of premium devices with mediocre and kow end specs and expect to sell for 70k,mk a premium device with high end specs and sell for 80k i wan see who wan bash dem
Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by benigneOne(f): 11:15pm On Oct 29, 2015
Ever since I joined this forum, I've observed that people just look for the slightest chance to jump on anything positive said about the Tecno brand which is really bad.

Reading this felt like I was reading Samsung flaws honestly. No brand is actually perfect .. These negative words will only continue to increase their strengths

1 Like

Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by ritababe(f): 11:34pm On Oct 29, 2015
Whizpeter:

No vex, which boom j7 are you talking about? undecided You mean this one I'm typing with? Where is the OTA update? angry

answer to ur signature, we use wikipedia or encyclopedia.
Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by eflintsone(m): 1:05am On Oct 30, 2015
andymofia:
OP, Take it or leave it, Techno is a low end phone and can never be compared to the iPhone, Samsung or HTC and the likes. If you like bring 100 reasons, it won't change the fact
take it or leave it tecno is not a low end phone ...d same iphone, samsung nd htc do der major finish ups in d same country where tecno was produced... wait until our dear nation produces a battery before criticizin anoda that built a phone
Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by lukmoore: 7:07am On Oct 30, 2015
Tecno is just a rip-off jare. I regret ever buying this c8.

1 Like

Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by parrotibaba(m): 7:24am On Oct 30, 2015
eflintsone:
take it or leave it tecno is not a low end phone ...d same iphone, samsung nd htc do der major finish ups in d same country where tecno was produced... wait until our dear nation produces a battery before criticizin anoda that built a phone

At bolded is ridiculous, so because Nigeria doesn't produce a phone that means that we should lap up any sh!t that enters our country. This is the height of inferiority. angry
Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by JanethEze(f): 1:10pm On Oct 30, 2015
I've always liked tecno. Very affordable

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Blackberry Bold 10[picture] / House Of Assembly Member Goes "Crazy" Because Of The Tecno Camon Phone. / Mobile Pdf Reader Nokia C2-00

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.