Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,477 members, 7,816,123 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

OUR EDUCATION SYSTEM AND NEPA, WHAT IS THE DIFFRENCE? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OUR EDUCATION SYSTEM AND NEPA, WHAT IS THE DIFFRENCE? (1054 Views)

The Dangers Of A Certificate-conscious Education System! / Who Is To Blame For The Rot In Our Education System? / New Education System In Nigeria: 9-3-4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

OUR EDUCATION SYSTEM AND NEPA, WHAT IS THE DIFFRENCE? by Gettolove(m): 6:03pm On Oct 12, 2006
Past and present governments are the catalyst responsible for the dwindling decline in the quality of our education system in Nigeria. The problem is not just limited to the quality of education we get in our schools but it is even unafordable for many poor parents. Our education system is not different from NEPA, this is because PHCN is not supplying power yet it is expensive and cohersive.
        The problem is now inherent and i can posit that in the nearest future, schools will be left for the rich and ministers' children because the situation is instalmentally getting worse and becoming more expensive for the poor who are about 90% of our population. Logically one would expect good things to be costly than bad things but our education system has prooved me wrong.

FOR INSTANCE : @ entry level , an average university in naija charges =N=50,000 excluding some killing payments like acceptance fee,  medical and some other nonsense charges, consequently there are no facilities to work. check out our colleges of medicine,  they are dilapidated and outdated equipment wise.
This is a very sad situation and to make it worse, the irresponsible and selfish government has approved atleast 30 private universities to enable their spoilt children attend. I am not against private institutions but fix our own for us to have unlimited access to knowledge and save us from POVERTY
I don't know if anyone FEEL me on this issue because it is directly affecting me, although i have graduated but my bros and sis are still hustling to make head way about their admission.
I NO FIT SHOUT O !!!!! IS  someone out there?
Re: OUR EDUCATION SYSTEM AND NEPA, WHAT IS THE DIFFRENCE? by Nobody: 2:51am On Oct 13, 2006
I feel same and am in one right now.i was 2 resume 4 ibadan poly with my schl fee 12000 at d end i found out that i av used half of d mony in payin faculty fee 1100,compulsory lab coat 1000, NAPES 4O0, SUG 410,ACES fee 600, HOD collects 400 b4 signing ur course form and i dont know aw much d dean will collect b4 signing my course form. Pls tell me d difference btw faculty fee and NAPES fee and d overall burden of 11000 4 compulsory hostel fee. Anyway am on bed thinking about life, d fee, am also wondering wat i will b eating and 2 get my books after registration. That is own part of d story! Yours trully
Re: OUR EDUCATION SYSTEM AND NEPA, WHAT IS THE DIFFRENCE? by Nobody: 2:52am On Oct 13, 2006
I feel same and am in one right now.i was 2 resume 4 ibadan poly with my schl fee 12000 at d end i found out that i av used half of d mony in payin faculty fee 1100,compulsory lab coat 1000, NAPES 4O0, SUG 410,ACES fee 600, HOD collects 400 b4 signing ur course form and i dont know aw much d dean will collect b4 signing my course form. Pls tell me d difference btw faculty fee and NAPES fee and d overall burden of 11000 4 compulsory hostel fee. Anyway am on bed thinking about life, d fee, am also wondering wat i will b eating and 2 get my books after registration. That is my own part of d story! Yours trully
Re: OUR EDUCATION SYSTEM AND NEPA, WHAT IS THE DIFFRENCE? by CrazyMan(m): 1:25pm On Oct 13, 2006
@ Gettolove
you are right. This Issue is really killing people in the nation especially the masses. I don't know why people can be so heartless in this country. you are asking someone to pay and pay and pay they don't even ask themselves how these people are getting this money from. don't you know how much an average Nigerian man earns per-month? and with his little salary, he feeds his children, pays his house rent, transportation, and other expensis.
now imagine that kind of person in a situation like this; do you think he can afford the kind of amount our educational syatem is demanding? That's why the level of illitracy is increasing rapidly in the country, high crime rate. or do they think it's esay being fustrated?
and having no one to look up to? look at all the Bleep up here is it Nepa, Police, Bad roads, Fule price, crime, i mean just name them. and there's nothing being done to combat this things. expect for the newly introduced EFCC which i can give a little credit.
i mean it's bad.
everyone is just thinking about his pocket and that's why this country is still where it is. we ought to have moved foward all along, but because of the curruption, insincerity, dishonesty and bribery is so sad that we are still in the same pit since 1960.

(1) (Reply)

When Should You Give Up On Your Dreams? / When Will Unad Part Time Student Start Their Second Semester Exam? / Cost Of Living In Ghana (students)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.