Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,873 members, 7,828,111 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

Open Letter To Yorubas On Biafra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Open Letter To Yorubas On Biafra (3829 Views)

Thanks To Yorubas And The South South / Repentant Nnamdi Kanu Apologizes To Yorubas. / Igbos A Threat To Yorubas ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Letter To Yorubas On Biafra by Nobody: 1:08pm On Oct 29, 2015
The biafra agitators have been made to believe that the yorubas are against their dream. On the contrary, every well meaning yoruba should be supportive of this struggle.
Although I have my reservations towards the struggle. Like they suddenly raised their voices after the lost of gej and the verbal assaults of kanu on yorubas on his radio biafra. But that shouldn't make us see their agitation as a illegitimate one.
I call on every e -warrior to tone down their abuse on these people and show a genuine respect to their right to freedom.
I don't care who they tag along as those people can speak for themselves.
The truth is Nigeria can never work. Anybody still having hope in Nigeria is either a politician who is benefiting from the fraud called Nigeria or he's just being naive. Nigeria can never prosper with the backward hausa/fulani who are just nonentities just like the cattle they herd and dangerous like Islam they profess. Give Nigeria 500 years with hausa/fulani, will still remain backward.
We the odua youth should be thinking of our new nation without these northern vermin. Our elders have failed us and we should start thinking inward.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To Yorubas On Biafra by illiad: 1:19pm On Oct 29, 2015
The set of yorubas on nairaland are near useless with a large chunk of them in near state of lunacy, and will never be used by someone as myself to determine the general attitude or opinion of the entire Yoruba people.

And when I say they're near useless and a chunk of them in precipice of lunacy, I meant that with all sense of responsibility.

22 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Yorubas On Biafra by Zaikon(m): 1:19pm On Oct 29, 2015
op why not try that Benin weed bcoz this one no make brain at all
Re: Open Letter To Yorubas On Biafra by coolzeal(m): 1:34pm On Oct 29, 2015
illiad:
The set of yorubas on nairaland are near useless with a large chunk of them in near state of lunacy, and will never be used by someone as myself to determine the general attitude or opinion of the entire Yoruba people.

And when I say they're near useless and a chunk of them in precipice of lunacy, I meant that with all sense of responsibility.
Hahahahaha..... Got me cranking up. I swear most of them are and sometimes i get embarrassed by their actions.

10 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Yorubas On Biafra by Nobody: 1:58pm On Oct 29, 2015
I use to be surprise why most Yoruba people are dying on top of one Nigeria matter, with Yoruba six state and Lagos they can survive as a country, I wonder why they are too afraid to champion their own course and be free from Igbos that they see as occupying their land. Gambia is one tiny West African country without resources and they are doing well, 1 Gambia dallasi is about 5 naira. Nigeria will never move forward under current structure. Is only the rich corrupt people that is benefiting, Hausa Fulani is looking for new territories to conquer from Kwara to middle belt to Oyo empire now, yesterday Hausa Fulani okada riders where engaging Nigeria police in gun battle in ako afe area in Lagos.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Open Letter To Yorubas On Biafra by Chiaka(f): 2:06pm On Oct 29, 2015
Biafra was agitation even during GEJ times..............Buharis vindictive nature gave it even more voice...

9 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Yorubas On Biafra by princemillla(m): 2:20pm On Oct 29, 2015
Well spoken Bro, but on the contrary, the whole agitations looks like something being motivated by politics.

If we truly must split allow buhari to finish his 4years then if he can't fulfill on his campaign promises, we should be allowed to go our separate ways.

Let the agitations go thru right channel, I support the agitations to freedom but non violence means.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To Yorubas On Biafra by scully95: 2:30pm On Oct 29, 2015
xtractor:
The biafra agitators have been made to believe that the yorubas are against their dream. On the contrary, every well meaning yoruba should be supportive of this struggle.
Although I have my reservations towards the struggle. Like they suddenly raised their voices after the lost of gej and the verbal assaults of kanu on yorubas on his radio biafra. But that shouldn't make us see their agitation as a legitimate one.
I call on every e -warrior to tone down their abuse on these people and show a genuine respect to their right to freedom.
The truth is Nigeria can never work. Anybody still having hope in Nigeria is either a politician who is benefiting from the fraud called Nigeria or he's just being naive. Nigeria can never prosper with the backward hausa/fulani who are just nonentities just like the cattle they herd and dangerous like Islam they profess. Give Nigeria 500 years with hausa/fulani, will still remain backward.
We the odua youth should be thinking of our new nation without these northern vermin. Our elders have failed us and we should start thinking inward.

What sort of Separatist post is this ? The AngloZionist Empire should go back to suck their blood not any Ibgo, Yoruba Hausa or anyone. If they expect Nigeria to be like them and be fighting another civil war.. Never.. US at Nigeria's age was busy Fighting Civil war.. That same U.S is now controlling the world but now that is going down by the day. Now it is a multi-polar world and we Nigerians will go all out to defend it..

The next frontiers we are looking forward to are African development bank, BRICS bank, AIIB (Chinese World Bank) and SCO.. Schangai Co-operation... We know where the dead Biafran ideology came from. back to the Sender.. These neocons think everyone else is stupid sha ? What an insult to our intelligence..
Re: Open Letter To Yorubas On Biafra by nigerdeltaaa: 2:38pm On Oct 29, 2015
xtractor:
Although I have my reservations towards the struggle. Like they suddenly raised their voices after the lost of gej and the verbal assaults of kanu on yorubas on his radio biafra. But that shouldn't make us see their agitation as a [b]legitimate [/b]one.
at bolded, you mean the opposite?

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Yorubas On Biafra by Chiaka(f): 2:45pm On Oct 29, 2015
You cannot compare US/America and the age they were in and the age we are in now......US was growing progressively but Nigeria as been regressive growing from an 11years old 40 years ago to now 6 months

scully95:

What sort of Separatist post is this ? The AngloZionist Empire should go back to suck their blood not any Ibgo, Yoruba Hausa or anyone. If they expect Nigeria to be like them.. Never.. US at Nigeria's age was busy Fighting Civil war.. That same U.S is now controlling the world but now that is going down by the day. Now is a multi-polar world and we Nigerians will go all out to defend it..

The next frontiers we are looking forward to are African development bank, BRICS bank, AIIB (Chinese World Bank) and SCO.. Schangai Co-operation... We know where the dead Biafran ideology came from. back to the Sender.. This neocons think everyone else is stupid sha ? What an insult to our intelligence..

5 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Yorubas On Biafra by Nobody: 4:23pm On Oct 29, 2015
nigerdeltaaa:
at bolded, you mean the opposite?
Yes boss. It was an error

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Yorubas On Biafra by Kestolovee95(f): 5:01pm On Oct 29, 2015
scully95:

What sort of Separatist post is this ? The AngloZionist Empire should go back to suck their blood not any Ibgo, Yoruba Hausa or anyone. If they expect Nigeria to be like them and be fighting another civil war.. Never.. US at Nigeria's age was busy Fighting Civil war.. That same U.S is now controlling the world but now that is going down by the day. Now it is a multi-polar world and we Nigerians will go all out to defend it..

The next frontiers we are looking forward to are African development bank, BRICS bank, AIIB (Chinese World Bank) and SCO.. Schangai Co-operation... We know where the dead Biafran ideology came from. back to the Sender.. These neocons think everyone else is stupid sha ? What an insult to our intelligence..

Go to hell with your 'one nigeria', when you get there, go to blazes.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To Yorubas On Biafra by raumdeuter: 5:05pm On Oct 29, 2015
Show me any prominent Yoruba that has come out to stop anyone from seceding or blocked their way

If you want to leave you take action

Imagine a friend in your house shouting he wants to leave for the past 10 days and at the same time, sitting comfortably, changing TV channel, going to open fridge for drinks, getting wrapper, going to sleep on the bed and moving more of his stuff into the house

People who want to leave take action and move to their place

Everyday there are more Ibos moving out of their states than are moving back into their states. Does that show people who are serious with leaving

When israelis wanted their own country in 1948 they moved en masse too the land not sitting in Russia, Germany to shout

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To Yorubas On Biafra by Kestolovee95(f): 5:38pm On Oct 29, 2015
raumdeuter:
Show me any prominent Yoruba that has come out to stop anyone from seceding or blocked their way

Imagine a friend in your house shouting he wants to leave for the past 10 days and at the same time, sitting comfortably, changing TV channel, going to open fridge for drinks, getting wrapper, going to sleep on the bed and moving more of his stuff into the house

Everyday there are more Ibos moving out of their states than are moving back into their states. Does that show people who are serious with leaving

When israelis wanted their own country in 1948 they moved en masse too the land not sitting in Russia, Germany to shout

The last time they told they were leaving you, they left your house, you came to theirs and dragged them back to your house.

Now this is what they will do this time- They will tie you up in your house and lock you up to make sure you don't come out of your house this time. Then they will leave. Nothing to chance!

11 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Yorubas On Biafra by raumdeuter: 5:39pm On Oct 29, 2015
Kestolovee95:

The last they told they were leaving you, they left your house, you came to their dragged them back to your house.

Now this is what they will do this time. They will tied you up in your house and lock you up to make sure you don't come out of your house this time. Then they will leave. Nothing to chance!

Dragged them back? You saw people who were leaving yet were marching westward before they were stopped at Ore.

How do you leave and at the same time March towards Lagos? Is Lagos on the way to your state?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Open Letter To Yorubas On Biafra by IlekeHD: 5:45pm On Oct 29, 2015
raumdeuter:

Igbos want someone to blame for their failure.

Who are the Yorubas stopping the Biafran dream? Was it not SS/SE governors who detached themselves from Biafra?

Is it FFK?

Igbos, please stop worrying about Yorubas and focus on your freedom fighters.

As for the ediot that created this thread, please mention the Yorubas that don't want Biafra. Should Yorubas be protesting for a war that doesn't concern them?

Kanu Nnamdi is the lunatic that brought Yorubas into his menace. Imagine the albino gorilla discussing how he's going to kill Yorubas. Which Yoruba is gonna support that?

4 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Yorubas On Biafra by Nobody: 6:02pm On Oct 29, 2015
raumdeuter:

Keep deceiving ur self continuously.

4 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Yorubas On Biafra by Kestolovee95(f): 6:05pm On Oct 29, 2015
raumdeuter:

Dragged them back? You saw people who were leaving yet were marching westward before they were stopped at Ore.

How do you leave and at the same time March towards Lagos? Is Lagos on the way to your state?

You made lagos a legitimate target, the day you haboured the enemies and allowed them to send missiles into Biafraland using your land as the command control centre. You allowed the enemy to fire the first shot at biafraland from your bedroom and you expect biafrans to send you roses?

Biafrans had every right to invade ore en route to lagos, after lagos ordered the bombing at garkem, Biafraland. It's common sense, think with your teeth, if you don't have a brain.

8 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Yorubas On Biafra by baby124: 6:06pm On Oct 29, 2015
Ok, Yoruba no kuku say anything because we know you people will come back and blame us when it fails. And trust me, this thing will fail. At the end of the day, you people will force your way back or start to use international pressure to force your way back as refugees. Before you go, try to advocate for a regional government first to put your house together, otherwise the next 20years will be extremely rough. Use Nigerian structure to build yours first before breaking away. Forming a new country in never beans at all. Half the population will first die from wars and poverty which will happen within a new country that lacks order or structure

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Yorubas On Biafra by Ephemmm: 6:11pm On Oct 29, 2015
xtractor:
Although I have my reservations towards the struggle. Like they suddenly raised their voices after the lost of gej and the verbal assaults of kanu on yorubas on his radio biafra. But that shouldn't make us see their agitation as a illegitimate one.

Whether you are Yoruba or fake one I don't care. Please please and please, carefully read the eye-opening write up below and come back to this thread again.

[b]Igbo are using the support they gave to Jonathan in 2015 election as blackmail to convert Niger delta struggle to biafra. Niger delta struggle is resource control and true federalism. This deception will not work. They only supported Jonathan because they got alot of appointments under Jonathan. They are just selfish and greedy people. Niger Delta Struggle is completely different from biafra agitation. Igbo supported Obasanjo against thier own son and hero Ojukwu in 2003 election, they should go and claim yoruba instead.

As far as I am concern Igbo, Yoruba and Hausa are all benefiting from the current system. After all an Igbo man Gen Agunyi Ironsi created the Unitary System for Nigeria in 1966 that we are complaining against today. Gen Agunyi Ironsi set the foundation for the destruction of regional federalism in Nigeria. if not for his love for total control and domination (The disease of an average Igbo man), Niger delta would have be enjoying 50% resource control today. When Isaac Adaka Boro wanted to form Ijaw Nation Republic in 1966 it was Igbo Head of State Gen Agunyi Ironsi that fought him with a 12 day war.

The Igbo claim to be one of us because some South South states were part of the old Eastern region. First of all, eastern region was created by Nigeria for Nigeria convenience. It was not a decision of the nationalities that made up the old eastern region. Secondly before most people forget, today Edo and Delta state were never at anytime part of eastern region. Edo and Delta states were first part of Western region later became Midwestern region, then change to Bendel state before becoming Edo and Delta state today. Some tribes speak Yoruba in Edo and Delta state. Why is yoruba not claiming Edo and Delta state the way igbo is claiming Rivers and Delta states because some people speak ibo in those states?

Igbo may have succeeded in brainwashing some South South people that they are one of us, it is a big lie. They may have succeeded in brainwashing some of us that only hausa and yoruba is the problem of South South, it is a big lie. They are the same as far as I am concern.

The problem with Igbo is greed, self-entitlement and born to rule, control and exploit mentality. Qatar is smaller than Bayelsa in population and half d size of Bayelsa state by landmass. Bayelsa is four times the size of Singapore. if Qatar and Singapore can be a country, why cant we have an Ijaw nation as a country? Do u think Ijaw people dont want to be like Qatar and enjoy their oil alone like Qatar does? Note: Bayelsa State is d smallest state in the south south by population and second to the last by landmass!!

Below is the size of south south states and south east states. South South is almost 3 times the size of south East.
Yet the population of South east is almost 80% of south south population base on 2006 census. But by the time you add igbo who are currently leaving outside south east, you will discover that thier population is more than all the south south put together. More than 90% of the resources (oil, gas, limestones,etc) are in the south south. The whole of South East is landlock with no direct access to the sea or atlantic ocean. but almost all the south south states have direct assess to the sea and atlantic ocean. Some will say they have River Niger. River Niger is not a sea or an ocean for big Ships.

Tell me why South South Nations will want to form a country with south east if they have a choice ? all south east will bring to the table is population and domination? The total oil production from south east is not up to 10% of south south oil production!

If you are the leader of south south nations will you advice them to form a country with south east if they have the option of forming their own country alone? give a sincere answer!!

As far as I am concern, as unbrainwashed south south , there is no difference between the Igbo, Yoruba and Hausa. To me, these are three major tribe struggling and fighting for Supiriority. Whenever any of the three is loosing, he shout marginalization.

During Jonathan govt, the Igbos were gaining and were in control and were happy. The Yoruba were losing and were shouting marginalization. The hausa/fulani were not happy because they were not fully in control. For the North we can slightly understand because in the 16years of democracy (May 1999 to May 2015) the south ruled 13.3years while the North had just 2.7years

The Igbo don't love south south more than the hausa or Yoruba love us. All the three tribe are all struggling for the control of south south oil. None of the three is better than the other as far as we south south are concern.

The only place south south nationalities agree with Igbo is Nigeria should divide . However while south south clamour for succession is base on lack of true fiscal Federalism and resource control, on the other hand, igbo clamour for succession is base on IGBO BORN TO RULE, CONTROL AND EXPLOIT MENTALITY. Igbo make noise and claim d north have born to rule mentality because of Sokoto State former licence plate motto of born to rule which they have change. The People with the true born to rule mentality are d Igbo. it is because they are not having thier way that they are complaining and making all d noise all over Nigeria.

But how and why Nigeria will and should divide, what we want and what they want is as different as d distance of the earth to d moon.

South south want resource control or thier own freedom. we will support Biafra as Igbo only nation while they should support us to form our own nation or nations. But trying to add us as an appendage to Biafra will never happen.

If south south join Biafra, our individual identities will be wiped out in less than 50years. They will convert every south south nationality to Igbo. And they will so much take charge of the oil and resources with reckless abandon without any regard to d minorities.

LET EVERYONE FORMS HIS OWN NATION IF WE CAN'T GET 50% RESOURCE CONTROL. SOUTH SOUTH NATIONS DONT WANT IGBO, YORUBA OR HAUSA IN THIER NATION. WE DONT WANT ANY DOMINANT TRIBE TO CONTROL US IF OR WHEN NIGERIA DIVIDE.

They will argue that there are some igbo in rivers state, delta state and edo state. As far as i am concern Igbo speaking people in south south will join Niger delta republic or confederation. Their are Hausa people in Niger, there are Yoruba people in Benin Republic and Togo. Does that make those yoruba and hausa speaking people in those countries Nigerians?

The south south nationalities can form a confederation with United Arab Emirate template, where seven different nationalities came together to form a confederation with each nationality having some form of autonomy.

if the south east want to join the confederation they can join. We can't leave nigeria and go and form another normal single country were there is a dominant tribe. That will be moving from frying pan to fire.

Just like the United Ararb emirate asked qatar and behrain to join them, but qatar and behrain choose to form thier individual countries.

What Biafra represent is a single country with a powerful centre where a dominant tribe can control. South south dont want that. If we must fight or struggle for succession, we need a new name like "United State of niger delta" or any other name which clearly shows a union rather than a single country.

We need to set the record straight before south south nations make the mistake of south Sudan. It is more than Four years south sudan left
sudan to form thier country. Since that time south sudan has been in War while North Sudan enjoy peace. This was because nations in
south sudan came together to form a single country without ensuring that thier difference in ethnicity was fully discuss. Some
part of south sudan are now feeling marginalized. That is exactly what will happen if Igbo succeed in forcing south south nations into
Biafra. That so called Biafra wont have peace. It will be another Somalia!!!!

For peace to rain let Igbo form Biafra from the Five south east state and let the the six states in south south form a confederation or seperate nations. Anything outside this will never work.

I do not hate Igbo people. Many of my friends are Igbo. I only hate thier deceit and greed. what is good for the goose is good for the gander.
What we dont want is a dominant tribe simple. If south south join Biafra, that country will be 60% Igbo. How do you think other minorities can compete in that kind of country? Whether we like it or not we both know that Igbo are not diplomatic people by nature. That will lead to complete extinction of other tribe. in less than 50years they will make the whole Biafra Ibo without any consideration.

I dont hate Igbo. But i hate when i know the Biafra they seek is a Biafra with current south south as an appendage to it.
Why cant they support our freedom, and we will support thier freedom. Why do igbo make it look like it is wrong for Niger Delta people to seek thier own freedom outside Biafra? In biafra current south south minority will be like conquered people. God forbid that to happen.

a quote from Isaac Adaka Boro Autobiography (wriiten himself). Read Chapter 5 - Campus Politics
http://www.adakaboro.org/the12dayrev/chapter-5-campus-politics.
This was the campaign statement of his opponent for UNN SUG presidency:
"My opponent, Ejiogu, took the floor when I had finished, and what did he say? "Ladies and gentleman, this is a crucial time in Nigeria when we should not allow a vocal minority to rule an obvious majority.
These words still ring in my memory because, as my opponent put it, they are crucial not only to me but to my people, the Ijaws. Most of the alien students walked out of the hall and it seemed as if a spell was cast on the atmosphere. The campaigns ended solemnly and the result of the election was again one way. Ejiogu won with his majority. The last minute strategy. A Cameroonian friend of mine, John Ngole, promptly resigned his secretaryship of the Historical Society in protest."

I am very sure that Nigeria will divide faster if Igbo seek Biafra with 5 south east state alone and Niger delta republic seek a country with the 6 South south states alone at the same time. Once the Hausa and Yoruba sees that Igbo are supporting a Niger Delta republic separate from Biafra, they will see it as true struggle. But if the struggle is about Biafra with south south in it, where Igbo will gain south south resources with Yoruba and Hausa loosing out, I bet you until South South oil finishes, Nigeria wont divide.

If we cant get resource control, we don't need to form a single country with Igbo, we can seek for our separate nation on two front simultaneously but not on one front. What we need is cooperation from Igbo not togetherness with Igbo. If they truly want to leave Nigeria and liberate Niger delta people from dominant tribes, they should support us to form our nation as they form thiers. I bet you when that happen, the struggle will be half won.

The Ojukwu Biafra was Igbo dream not Ijaw, Esan, Urhobo, Itsekiri, Ikwerre, ogoni, ibibio, etc dream.

In summary, my point is that why the primary interest of Niger Deltans is resource control, Igbo primary interest is seperation from Nigeria with Niger delta as thier trophy. Igbo wants a nation where they can become the lord, control and dominate others. Since in Nigeria, Hausa and yoruba are ahead of them in the power struggle, they resort to blackmail and cry foul claiming marginalization.

if Nigeria will divide peacefully by United Nations referendum, south south will not join Biafra. Peaceful division of Nigeria can only be into a minimum of five countries (Arewa republic, Niger Middle belt, United Niger Delta, Oduwa republic, and Biafra). South South will form its own nation/nations.

My Igbo neighbour may not like this submission, but it is the bitter truth
[/b]

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To Yorubas On Biafra by Nobody: 7:19pm On Oct 29, 2015
illiad:

i am sorry but there is no sense of responsibility in what you have just said.

i have always said it on this forum and i will continue to say it:

you guys insult yab and curse yorubas and you expect them to just keep quiet or maybe you are expecting them to applaud you.

if i insult you now you will take offence but you would have forgotten your original posts that contains words like lunacy, useless, and so on.

please have your biafra already.

infact december of this year 2015 is too far.

if they can proclaim your biafra tomorrow i will close my office and give my workers a week off to celebrate.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Yorubas On Biafra by Nobody: 7:24pm On Oct 29, 2015
baby124:
Ok, Yoruba no kuku say anything because we know you people will come back and blame us when it fails. And trust me, this thing will fail. At the end of the day, you people will force your way back or start to use international pressure to force your way back as refugees. Before you go, try to advocate for a regional government first to put your house together, otherwise the next 20years will be extremely rough. Use Nigerian structure to build yours first before breaking away. Forming a new country in never beans at all. Half the population will first die from wars and poverty which will happen within a new country that lacks order or structure

look baby, let them have their country already. se won bi somi meja ni. this is the way they want it, let them have it like yesterday.

trust me we will be better for it.

we need to support their quest.

lets help them have their country otherwise they will keep blaming us the yorubas (who mostly stay in our own region) of pulling them (that mostly come to our region) back.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Yorubas On Biafra by blackfase(m): 7:53pm On Oct 29, 2015
I am yoruba and im beginning to see into these agitations by different ethinicities for self-actualization. Truth b told, d Nigerian lie can never work except for d thieves and plonkers that continue to reap from d rabble and bedlam inherent in d system. Since being like ten years, its been like "e go better, e go better", but nothing changes. if anything, d damn country has gotten to rock bottom and still digging for d centre of d earth. give us true federalism, no. regionalism nko? no show. confab, mba. referendum, no way.
so what d hell are we talking about.....

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Yorubas On Biafra by Nobody: 8:03pm On Oct 29, 2015
xtractor:
True talk!! I welcome it.
Re: Open Letter To Yorubas On Biafra by Nobody: 9:09pm On Oct 29, 2015
IlekeHD:

Igbos want someone to blame for their failure.

Who are the Yorubas stopping the Biafran dream? Was it not SS/SE governors who detached themselves from Biafra?

Is it FFK?

Igbos, please stop worrying about Yorubas and focus on your freedom fighters.

As for the ediot that created this thread, please mention the Yorubas that don't want Biafra. Should Yorubas be protesting for a war that doesn't concern them?

Kanu Nnamdi is the lunatic that brought Yorubas into his menace. Imagine the albino gorilla discussing how he's going to kill Yorubas. Which Yoruba is gonna support that?
I only advocated for online truce so they won't have the feeling that the yorubas are against their struggle. Let's give them a vocal support on social media and at the same time canvas for our own freedom.
Believe me, the north would come to their senses the day the yorubas aired their displeasure about the current arrangements. They feel comfortable because we don't say anything. Is it that we like the way things are going on?
P.S: I am not an idiot

3 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Yorubas On Biafra by illiad: 9:26pm On Oct 29, 2015
Ioannes:

i am sorry but there is no sense of responsibility in what you have just said.

i have always said it on this forum and i will continue to say it:

you guys insult yab and curse yorubas and you expect them to just keep quiet or maybe you are expecting them to applaud you.

if i insult you now you will take offence but you would have forgotten your original posts that contains words like lunacy, useless, and so on.

please have your biafra already.

infact december of this year 2015 is too far.

if they can proclaim your biafra tomorrow i will close my office and give my workers a week off to celebrate.

Dude I have lived a larger part of my life with the yorubas, to the extent that I am a qualified 'Ara yoruba' even though I am not 'omo yoruba'.

So when I say that the yorubas on nairaland are a huge disgrace to the Yoruba nation, I meant it as a matter of fact and I am willing to dedicate a chunk of my time to continue to prove that to you until you all begin to behave like the real yorubas I have known all my life.

3 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Yorubas On Biafra by illiad: 9:57pm On Oct 29, 2015
Ephemmm:

Whether you are Yoruba or fake one I don't care. Please please and please, carefully read the eye-opening write up below and come back to this thread again.

[b]Igbo are using the support they gave to Jonathan in 2015 election as blackmail to convert Niger delta struggle to biafra. Niger delta struggle is resource control and true federalism. This deception will not work. They only supported Jonathan because they got alot of appointments under Jonathan. They are just selfish and greedy people. Niger Delta Struggle is completely different from biafra agitation. Igbo supported Obasanjo against thier own son and hero Ojukwu in 2003 election, they should go and claim yoruba instead.

As far as I am concern Igbo, Yoruba and Hausa are all benefiting from the current system. After all an Igbo man Gen Agunyi Ironsi created the Unitary System for Nigeria in 1966 that we are complaining against today. Gen Agunyi Ironsi set the foundation for the destruction of regional federalism in Nigeria. if not for his love for total control and domination (The disease of an average Igbo man), Niger delta would have be enjoying 50% resource control today. When Isaac Adaka Boro wanted to form Ijaw Nation Republic in 1966 it was Igbo Head of State Gen Agunyi Ironsi that fought him with a 12 day war.

The Igbo claim to be one of us because some South South states were part of the old Eastern region. First of all, eastern region was created by Nigeria for Nigeria convenience. It was not a decision of the nationalities that made up the old eastern region. Secondly before most people forget, today Edo and Delta state were never at anytime part of eastern region. Edo and Delta states were first part of Western region later became Midwestern region, then change to Bendel state before becoming Edo and Delta state today. Some tribes speak Yoruba in Edo and Delta state. Why is yoruba not claiming Edo and Delta state the way igbo is claiming Rivers and Delta states because some people speak ibo in those states?

Igbo may have succeeded in brainwashing some South South people that they are one of us, it is a big lie. They may have succeeded in brainwashing some of us that only hausa and yoruba is the problem of South South, it is a big lie. They are the same as far as I am concern.

The problem with Igbo is greed, self-entitlement and born to rule, control and exploit mentality. Qatar is smaller than Bayelsa in population and half d size of Bayelsa state by landmass. Bayelsa is four times the size of Singapore. if Qatar and Singapore can be a country, why cant we have an Ijaw nation as a country? Do u think Ijaw people dont want to be like Qatar and enjoy their oil alone like Qatar does? Note: Bayelsa State is d smallest state in the south south by population and second to the last by landmass!!

Below is the size of south south states and south east states. South South is almost 3 times the size of south East.
Yet the population of South east is almost 80% of south south population base on 2006 census. But by the time you add igbo who are currently leaving outside south east, you will discover that thier population is more than all the south south put together. More than 90% of the resources (oil, gas, limestones,etc) are in the south south. The whole of South East is landlock with no direct access to the sea or atlantic ocean. but almost all the south south states have direct assess to the sea and atlantic ocean. Some will say they have River Niger. River Niger is not a sea or an ocean for big Ships.

Tell me why South South Nations will want to form a country with south east if they have a choice ? all south east will bring to the table is population and domination? The total oil production from south east is not up to 10% of south south oil production!

If you are the leader of south south nations will you advice them to form a country with south east if they have the option of forming their own country alone? give a sincere answer!!

As far as I am concern, as unbrainwashed south south , there is no difference between the Igbo, Yoruba and Hausa. To me, these are three major tribe struggling and fighting for Supiriority. Whenever any of the three is loosing, he shout marginalization.

During Jonathan govt, the Igbos were gaining and were in control and were happy. The Yoruba were losing and were shouting marginalization. The hausa/fulani were not happy because they were not fully in control. For the North we can slightly understand because in the 16years of democracy (May 1999 to May 2015) the south ruled 13.3years while the North had just 2.7years

The Igbo don't love south south more than the hausa or Yoruba love us. All the three tribe are all struggling for the control of south south oil. None of the three is better than the other as far as we south south are concern.

The only place south south nationalities agree with Igbo is Nigeria should divide . However while south south clamour for succession is base on lack of true fiscal Federalism and resource control, on the other hand, igbo clamour for succession is base on IGBO BORN TO RULE, CONTROL AND EXPLOIT MENTALITY. Igbo make noise and claim d north have born to rule mentality because of Sokoto State former licence plate motto of born to rule which they have change. The People with the true born to rule mentality are d Igbo. it is because they are not having thier way that they are complaining and making all d noise all over Nigeria.

But how and why Nigeria will and should divide, what we want and what they want is as different as d distance of the earth to d moon.

South south want resource control or thier own freedom. we will support Biafra as Igbo only nation while they should support us to form our own nation or nations. But trying to add us as an appendage to Biafra will never happen.

If south south join Biafra, our individual identities will be wiped out in less than 50years. They will convert every south south nationality to Igbo. And they will so much take charge of the oil and resources with reckless abandon without any regard to d minorities.

LET EVERYONE FORMS HIS OWN NATION IF WE CAN'T GET 50% RESOURCE CONTROL. SOUTH SOUTH NATIONS DONT WANT IGBO, YORUBA OR HAUSA IN THIER NATION. WE DONT WANT ANY DOMINANT TRIBE TO CONTROL US IF OR WHEN NIGERIA DIVIDE.

They will argue that there are some igbo in rivers state, delta state and edo state. As far as i am concern Igbo speaking people in south south will join Niger delta republic or confederation. Their are Hausa people in Niger, there are Yoruba people in Benin Republic and Togo. Does that make those yoruba and hausa speaking people in those countries Nigerians?

The south south nationalities can form a confederation with United Arab Emirate template, where seven different nationalities came together to form a confederation with each nationality having some form of autonomy.

if the south east want to join the confederation they can join. We can't leave nigeria and go and form another normal single country were there is a dominant tribe. That will be moving from frying pan to fire.

Just like the United Ararb emirate asked qatar and behrain to join them, but qatar and behrain choose to form thier individual countries.

What Biafra represent is a single country with a powerful centre where a dominant tribe can control. South south dont want that. If we must fight or struggle for succession, we need a new name like "United State of niger delta" or any other name which clearly shows a union rather than a single country.

We need to set the record straight before south south nations make the mistake of south Sudan. It is more than Four years south sudan left
sudan to form thier country. Since that time south sudan has been in War while North Sudan enjoy peace. This was because nations in
south sudan came together to form a single country without ensuring that thier difference in ethnicity was fully discuss. Some
part of south sudan are now feeling marginalized. That is exactly what will happen if Igbo succeed in forcing south south nations into

For peace to rain let Igbo form Biafra from the Five south east state and let the the six states in south south form a confederation or seperate nations. Anything outside this will never work.

I do not hate Igbo people. Many of my friends are Igbo. I only hate thier deceit and greed. what is good for the goose is good for the gander.
What we dont want is a dominant tribe simple. If south south join Biafra, that country will be 60% Igbo. How do you think other minorities can compete in that kind of country? Whether we like it or not we both know that Igbo are not diplomatic people by nature. That will lead to complete extinction of other tribe. in less than 50years they will make the whole Biafra Ibo without any consideration.

I dont hate Igbo. But i hate when i know the Biafra they seek is a Biafra with current south south as an appendage to it.
Why cant they support our freedom, and we will support thier freedom. Why do igbo make it look like it is wrong for Niger Delta people to seek thier own freedom outside Biafra? In biafra current south south minority will be like conquered people. God forbid that to happen.

a quote from Isaac Adaka Boro Autobiography (wriiten himself). Read Chapter 5 - Campus Politics
"My opponent, Ejiogu, took the floor when I had finished, and what did he say? "Ladies and gentleman, this is a crucial time in Nigeria when we should not allow a vocal minority to rule an obvious majority.
These words still ring in my memory because, as my opponent put it, they are crucial not only to me but to my people, the Ijaws. Most of the alien students walked out of the hall and it seemed as if a spell was cast on the atmosphere. The campaigns ended solemnly and the result of the election was again one way. Ejiogu won with his majority. The last minute strategy. A Cameroonian friend of mine, John Ngole, promptly resigned his secretaryship of the Historical Society in protest."

I am very sure that Nigeria will divide faster if Igbo seek Biafra with 5 south east state alone and Niger delta republic seek a country with the 6 South south states alone at the same time. Once the Hausa and Yoruba sees that Igbo are supporting a Niger Delta republic separate from Biafra, they will see it as true struggle. But if the struggle is about Biafra with south south in it, where Igbo will gain south south resources with Yoruba and Hausa loosing out, I bet you until South South oil finishes, Nigeria wont divide.

If we cant get resource control, we don't need to form a single country with Igbo, we can seek for our separate nation on two front simultaneously but not on one front. What we need is cooperation from Igbo not togetherness with Igbo. If they truly want to leave Nigeria and liberate Niger delta people from dominant tribes, they should support us to form our nation as they form thiers. I bet you when that happen, the struggle will be half won.

The Ojukwu Biafra was Igbo dream not Ijaw, Esan, Urhobo, Itsekiri, Ikwerre, ogoni, ibibio, etc dream.

In summary, my point is that why the primary interest of Niger Deltans is resource control, Igbo primary interest is seperation from Nigeria with Niger delta as thier trophy. Igbo wants a nation where they can become the lord, control and dominate others. Since in Nigeria, Hausa and yoruba are ahead of them in the power struggle, they resort to blackmail and cry foul claiming marginalization.

if Nigeria will divide peacefully by United Nations referendum, south south will not join Biafra. Peaceful division of Nigeria can only be into a minimum of five countries (Arewa republic, Niger Middle belt, United Niger Delta, Oduwa republic, and Biafra). South South will form its own nation/nations.

[/b]

I went through this tripe of yours looking to see where Yoruba was mentioned or called upon but there was none of such and I once more applaud myself for asserting that the type of yorubas you find on nairaland are those on the precipice of lunacy as you represent.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Yorubas On Biafra by PenSniper: 10:15pm On Oct 29, 2015
Kestolovee95:

The last time they told they were leaving you, they left your house, you came to theirs and dragged them back to your house.

Now this is what they will do this time- They will tie you up in your house and lock you up to make sure you don't come out of your house this time. Then they will leave. Nothing to chance!

Msh. Delusional grandeur.
Re: Open Letter To Yorubas On Biafra by Nobody: 10:34pm On Oct 29, 2015
Ephemmm:

[/b]
When ships are down, Yorubas will understand that this is 2015 not 1967. Digging out old event won't solve Nigeria problems. One Nigeria can't work in this jet age. Wonder why Biafra is always giving Yorubas high blood pressure. Did Scotland fight a war with UK to vote in referendum to seek for self determination. Few SS people is against Biafra because they don't want another war, but when UN allow referendum in former old eastern Nigeria that is when Yoruba eyes go clear, because no sane akwa ibom person will like to remain in Nigeria, the oil they have none of them own an oil well, northerners own all the oil well in akwa ibom. In Biafra every state own it own oil or resources, manage it and pay tax to central government just like US, UK, Germany etc No state in Biafra will depend on another state resources..continue to spread propaganda

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Yorubas On Biafra by CharleyCharley: 11:20pm On Oct 29, 2015
illiad:

shocked shocked
Re: Open Letter To Yorubas On Biafra by Nobody: 11:42pm On Oct 29, 2015
baby124:
When ships are down, Yorubas will understand that this is 2015 not 1967. Digging out old event won't solve Nigeria problems. One Nigeria can't work in this jet age. Wonder why Biafra is always giving Yorubas high blood pressure. Did Scotland fight a war with UK to vote in referendum to seek for self determination. Few SS people is against Biafra because they don't want another war, but when UN allow referendum in former old eastern Nigeria that is when Yoruba eyes go clear, because no sane akwa ibom person will like to remain in Nigeria, the oil they have none of them own an oil well, northerners own all the oil well in akwa ibom. In Biafra every state own it own oil or resources, manage it and pay tax to central government just like US, UK, Germany etc No state in Biafra will depend on another state resources

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Yorubas On Biafra by IlekeHD: 11:50pm On Oct 29, 2015
xtractor:

I only advocated for online truce so they won't have the feeling that the yorubas are against their struggle. Let's give them a vocal support on social media and at the same time canvas for our own freedom.
Believe me, the north would come to their senses the day the yorubas aired their displeasure about the current arrangements. They feel comfortable because we don't say anything. Is it that we like the way things are going on?
P.S: I am not an idiot

How about the Igbo Igbos insulting you for just being Yoruba ?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Reps Ask Security Agencies To Arrest ‘MMM’ Promoters / Can Buhari Win Any Southwest States? / See How PDP Has Been Campaigning In SW

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 210
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.