Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,772 members, 7,809,978 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:07 PM

Are Nigerian Man Possessive? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are Nigerian Man Possessive? (12466 Views)

Why Are Nigerian Men Crazy About Big Butts? / Have Your Ever Dated A Possessive Partner ? / My Friends Are Very Possessive - Suggestion Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Nigerian Man Possessive? by SleekReek(m): 7:48pm On Apr 11, 2010
Yes Nigerian Men are generally possessive.But for some of them who have allowed a paradigm shift in there mind they can be quite liberal.It is based on individuality,so before you get involved have a talk with him and let his words reveal his mind and please don't let them use the bible as a cover up for there inherent issues that would not just allow them be liberal towards there wives.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Nigerian Man Possessive? by indie22(f): 3:57am On Apr 12, 2010
Most of them are, some more than others. My ex was a no. 1 psycho, I had to pack my stuff and run when e be like say me sef wan begin crase!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Nigerian Man Possessive? by Shari8581(f): 5:07am On Apr 12, 2010
"I think men in general, irrespective of their nationality, CAN BE possessive. "

Roger that one!
Re: Are Nigerian Man Possessive? by Dimka76(m): 6:16pm On Apr 12, 2010
indie22:

Most of them are, some more than others. My ex was a no. 1 psycho, I had to pack my stuff and run when e be like say me sef wan begin crase!!!

@indie I am not stalking you o, but I definitely find ur posts entertaining! grin grin LOOOooool!

That is madness by association.
Re: Are Nigerian Man Possessive? by josss2010: 2:04am On Dec 25, 2010
i am not. but my girl is
Re: Are Nigerian Man Possessive? by MrsEve2(f): 2:22am On Dec 25, 2010
Ooooh! Yes! They are some possessive fockers! Especially to their wives and significant others. Oooh lawd! Some of them mean well, BUT OOOH LAWD. Don't let a man cut an eyeball at you. It on and popping!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Nigerian Man Possessive? by Dsense(m): 4:06am On Dec 25, 2010
Oloshi grin
Re: Are Nigerian Man Possessive? by sistajay(f): 7:24pm On Dec 25, 2010
Kai. . . . . . they are way too possessive!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Nigerian Man Possessive? by MrsEve2(f): 9:18pm On Dec 25, 2010
Yes they are sister jay!

Dsense doesn't like it when men look at me. I mean we were at the store getting some shoes. Dsense were massaging my toes because it was hurting from playing a game. A guy walked passed and looked back Dsense caught the guy and lunged at his arse. I mean he was like a pantha in the night after a juicy prey.

Ooooh lawd!
Re: Are Nigerian Man Possessive? by Mygoldie(f): 9:20pm On Dec 25, 2010
Yes OP,but most of them are possessive for the wrong reason,may God help us women.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Nigerian Man Possessive? by MrsEve2(f): 9:21pm On Dec 25, 2010
Hey Mygoldie!
Re: Are Nigerian Man Possessive? by yme1(f): 9:23pm On Dec 25, 2010
over possessiveness dey worry them i swear cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Nigerian Man Possessive? by MrsEve2(f): 9:25pm On Dec 25, 2010
Yme,

Cos the men be possessive because they fear women can leave them? What do you think?
Re: Are Nigerian Man Possessive? by Mygoldie(f): 9:27pm On Dec 25, 2010
Hey Mrseve.
Re: Are Nigerian Man Possessive? by yme1(f): 9:34pm On Dec 25, 2010
Mrs, Eve:

Yme,

Cos the men be possessive because they fear women can leave them? What do you think?
i wouldn't say they fear cause the women would leave them but me think they are possessesive because they want you and if possible the whole female's  grin
some are possessesive because they genuinely care and some are because they are too damn jealous and selfish
i say selfish because,here is an example

imagine dating a married man and he calls you every minute just to find out if you were with some other guy meanwhile he is with his wife
like WTF what does he expect you to do hold on to the air while he is holding on to his wife, that is pure selfishness if you ask me grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Nigerian Man Possessive? by MrsEve2(f): 9:44pm On Dec 25, 2010
Hmmm, I see what you mean.

Well, I know a friend of mine who been married for some time who always complain that her husband calls her every minute and if she doesn't answer the phone he sent out the calvary looking for her. Most time she deals with older people because she is a nurse. She always having to deal with a dementia patient or a schizophrenic patient. I mean she deal with CRAZIES five days a week. Bless her heart.

The older ladies in our circle always tell her that When he stops calling then you worrying. To me that bullshit, because that possessiveness. Possessiveness is a sense of entitlement and MOST NIGERIAN MEN ARE POSSESSIVE because of the animalistic trait and they are naturally skeptical. Go figure.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Nigerian Man Possessive? by sleekch1c(f): 10:33pm On Dec 25, 2010
[color=#770077][/color]@op,they re world class assholes.go figure.[i][/i] lipsrsealed
Re: Are Nigerian Man Possessive? by 190: 10:41pm On Dec 25, 2010
indie22:

Most of them are, some more than others. My ex was a no. 1 psycho,[size=20pt] I had to pack my stuff and run when e be like say me sef wan begin crase!!![/size]

R.O.T.S.L.M.C.A.O

Xmas Joke of the day!!
Re: Are Nigerian Man Possessive? by Dsense(m): 10:45pm On Dec 25, 2010
Mrs, Eve:

Yes they are sister jay!

Dsense doesn't like it when men look at me. I mean we were at the store getting some shoes. Dsense were massaging my toes because it was hurting from playing a game. A guy walked passed and looked back Dsense caught the guy and lunged at his arse. I mean he was like a pantha in the night after a juicy prey.

Ooooh lawd!
ROTFL . . . . .You wish grin
Re: Are Nigerian Man Possessive? by Xfactor2(f): 3:34pm On Dec 26, 2010
Does my Naija want to know where I am and what I'm doing 24/7, no, is it a problem for me to show reasonable affection to male friends (his and mine) - no. Does he have a issue when I go out on my own to a club looking as hot as hell. A definite yes - so he makes a point of going with me. But isn't that all men.

It just takes a while to break him into understanding that his word is law for only as long as you approve of it.
There is no good or bad men because he's Nigerian, South African or American. A man is possessive or not possessive because he just is.
Don't let people's opinions rob rob you of life experiences.
And might I add, a Nigerian man will treat you the way you want him to treat you. So you decide on what you want to show him and he'll move on from there.

from South Africa
Re: Are Nigerian Man Possessive? by 2good(m): 4:03pm On Dec 26, 2010
Very funny.
When a man is not possessive, he doesnt love you.
When he's possessive, he's insecured.
What do you all want from your men? You want someone that will not care about how you live your life? How would you women feel when you see your man constantly exchanging pleasantries with other women?
Food for thought,
Re: Are Nigerian Man Possessive? by Nobody: 6:50am On May 28, 2011
^^Yeah yeah. Some women are unsure but not this one  cool
Sure I want my guy to represent me and be proud of me by making it clear I am his other half.
A little jealousy and being sure that another person of the opposite s3x comes at your partner
correct is natural. Treating me like I am your PROPERTY however, is where the situation becomes something else.

@topic: in my opinion yes for the most part (based on what i see on here and have experienced).

Mrs, Eve:

Ooooh!  Yes!  They are some possessive fockers!  Especially to their wives and significant others.  Oooh lawd! Some of them mean well, BUT OOOH LAWD.  Don't let a man cut an eyeball at you.  It on and popping! 

D-sense:

Oloshi grin

Mrs, Eve:

Yes they are sister jay! 

Dsense doesn't like it when men look at me.  I mean we were at the store getting some shoes.  Dsense were massaging my toes because it was hurting from playing a game.  A guy walked passed and looked back Dsense caught the guy and lunged at his arse.  I mean he was like a pantha in the night after a juicy prey. 

Ooooh lawd!

D-sense:

ROTFL . . .  . .You wish grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Nigerian Man Possessive? by MrsChima1(f): 10:05am On May 28, 2011
[size=14pt](singing the Negro spiritual) "Swing low sweet chariot coming for to carry me  home"[/size]
Re: Are Nigerian Man Possessive? by Nobody: 4:56pm On May 28, 2011
grin
Re: Are Nigerian Man Possessive? by lepasharon(f): 10:13pm On Jun 03, 2011
it is arab men dat r posesive,hav u seen hw dey treat deir wives?? some of dem cant even talk 2 other males or even shake hands sef. dey have 2 wear dar sinister outfit wen dey go out,so he d only one dat sees d whole face of his wife
Re: Are Nigerian Man Possessive? by MoneyRule(m): 10:41pm On Jun 03, 2011
I'm not. . . .
Re: Are Nigerian Man Possessive? by MMM2(m): 11:52pm On Jun 03, 2011
maybe yes
Re: Are Nigerian Man Possessive? by ilovemynigerian: 10:45am On Oct 20, 2014
MMM2:
maybe yes
that's not true of all Arab men.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ever Seen A Very Decent-looking Girl Someone Is Sleeping With. / If You Know This Girl, You Need A Life (photos) / How Can You Tell If A Guy Is A Player Or A Lady Is A Flirt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.