Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,659 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

Nigerian Economy Records ‘Worst Week’ Since 2008 - The Cable - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Economy Records ‘Worst Week’ Since 2008 - The Cable (25402 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Chased Out Of Court - The Cable / ALLEGED: DSS To 'secretly Execute' Nnamdi Kanu- The Cable / Names Of Those Who Made 2nd Ministerial List - The Cable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Economy Records ‘Worst Week’ Since 2008 - The Cable by Emmysteve(m): 4:09pm On Oct 31, 2015
Who will tell mr president to stop running down our economy?

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Economy Records ‘Worst Week’ Since 2008 - The Cable by chi4ik4(m): 4:11pm On Oct 31, 2015
change

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Economy Records ‘Worst Week’ Since 2008 - The Cable by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 4:12pm On Oct 31, 2015
Whenever I hear people shifting blames to former administration, I begin to wonder if Nigerians weren't promised change with this new administration with conviction to block all leakages, recover looted funds and trim down the cost of governance.

There has never been a time Nigeria runs a surplus budget hence our budget are based on hand to mount and moreover we were told by former opposition governors that excess crude account is illegal hence what is this with President Buhari and APC blaming former administration of mismanagement?

Enough of all these excuses and shifting of responsibility.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Economy Records ‘Worst Week’ Since 2008 - The Cable by gurunlocker: 4:13pm On Oct 31, 2015
and those APC niggaz will still come here to defend Pa dullard traveller.......

you won't see the likes of passingshot on this thread cos it doesn't favour them.

This president hasn't done anything tangible since may 29.... only to blame past Administration in the fifth month.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Economy Records ‘Worst Week’ Since 2008 - The Cable by Nobody: 4:14pm On Oct 31, 2015
psucc:
This situation would not have been this devastating had our President constitutes his cabinet in time and give the economy a direction.

My fear is premised on the assertion that there is no economic expert on the ministerial nominees list by Buhari

And what would the economic expert do with the fall in money accruing to the treasury thanks to the fall in oil price?

Nothing much.

(And even if your hero GEJ had saved money like he should have, and had removed the subsidy like he should have, we would have been having this discussion next year).

What we Nigerians need is a strong austerity govt.We must get rid of our resource dependency at all costs.,.....and the fall in oil prcie offers us a chance to do this. Are we going industrial.....or still doing the same old share the money?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Economy Records ‘Worst Week’ Since 2008 - The Cable by playtheblues(f): 4:15pm On Oct 31, 2015
APC! Change oooo!
Re: Nigerian Economy Records ‘Worst Week’ Since 2008 - The Cable by Abugab(m): 4:15pm On Oct 31, 2015
The economy is at a standstill now. Its either we take drastic action and move forward or the economy will burst.
I just pity Nigerians who are always the victims of poor administration and bad governance. I also pity this govt because they inherited a problematic economy.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Economy Records ‘Worst Week’ Since 2008 - The Cable by 989900: 4:15pm On Oct 31, 2015
Time for the country to come together, fight together, re-strategize -- or we all bear the consequences.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Economy Records ‘Worst Week’ Since 2008 - The Cable by zuchyblink(m): 4:15pm On Oct 31, 2015
#BringBackGej
What are we going to do now our ''OYEL'' is becoming useless

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Economy Records ‘Worst Week’ Since 2008 - The Cable by Truckpusher(m): 4:16pm On Oct 31, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
This is not worth celebrating nor seeking to score cheap political points. I've been worried with the dwindling state of the economy since May 29. My prayer is that we don't delve into recession.

The government need to adopt austerity asap...
Adopt what sort of austerity when the nation has been on natural austerity all this while.

The economy is down and it is only a liberal market approach that can save us now as foreign investors and local investors aren't trusting the policies so far and the ones that are yet to come doesn't look promising at all.
When you run a cranky economy that has refused to allow cash flow thereby generating more cash flow due to the positive outlook of the market the investors will withdraw their excess liquid and due to the fact that Nigeria is already tending towards capitalist driven ideology you can't use a hardline approach and achieve an economic growth that will impact on the lives of the people - All indicators are saying that Nigerian market is slipping into coma and the sudden drop of oil price isn't helping matters here.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Economy Records ‘Worst Week’ Since 2008 - The Cable by demandtruth: 4:16pm On Oct 31, 2015
hinwazaka:

Fortunately for me, I have a background in economics. So I already spent the last 4 months investing in goods that are marketable in a command economy with monopolistic tendencies.

Stop this lie. You have no such back ground. You are empty and it
shows from your response on the news in discuss.

If you have any idea whatsoever, you'll know the reports of profit and losses
referred to 2014 FY and the quarter report in which your god, GEJ, was
still in the saddle.

He mismanaged the economy by not having any buffer in reserve.
It's simple as that.

The election is over and you guys have loss. Simple

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Economy Records ‘Worst Week’ Since 2008 - The Cable by SeverusSnape(m): 4:16pm On Oct 31, 2015
gurunlocker:
and those APC niggaz will still come here to defend Pa dullard traveller.......

you won't see the likes of passingshot on this thread cos it doesn't favour them.

This president hasn't done anything tangible since may 29.... only to blame past Administration in the fifth month.
...AND omenka scum and modath filth.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Economy Records ‘Worst Week’ Since 2008 - The Cable by gurunlocker: 4:17pm On Oct 31, 2015
bushdoc9919:

And what would the economic expert do with the fall in money accruing to the treasury thanks to the fall in oil price?

Nothing much.

(And even if your hero GEJ had saved money like he should have, and had removed the subsidy like he should have, we would have been having this discussion next year).

What we Nigerians need is a strong austerity govt.We must get rid of our resource dependency at all costs.,.....and the fall in oil prcie offers us a chance to do this. Are we going industrial.....or still doing the same old share the money?

you've got a blocked brain.... who told you GEJ didn't leave enough money?... I'm sure those propaganda to elongate This administration failure has sink into your skull..... now you support removal of subsidy? when we both know how we didnt support it then? even dullard dunno what subsidy is when he came to power..

dunno why you APC supporters hate truth.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Economy Records ‘Worst Week’ Since 2008 - The Cable by roxell120(m): 4:17pm On Oct 31, 2015
THE CHANGE THEY RANTED ABOUT IS HERE ENJOY IT

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Economy Records ‘Worst Week’ Since 2008 - The Cable by Sunnycliff(m): 4:17pm On Oct 31, 2015
The Danger of a Kunu drinking and furs sandwiched with kulikuli presidency! Where is your body odour? #proudlybiafran! The zoo can collapse

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Economy Records ‘Worst Week’ Since 2008 - The Cable by Emmysteve(m): 4:17pm On Oct 31, 2015
fulaniHERDSman:
Wailer's opinion cool
Grow up foooooolish cattle rearer

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Economy Records ‘Worst Week’ Since 2008 - The Cable by chudyboy05(m): 4:17pm On Oct 31, 2015
hinwazaka:
Very good. Hunger and poverty will punish the supporters of APC
Hahahahah BUl BUl Should go for another tour and snap more pictures after all we are in New Era. The prophecy of wailing Wailers are coming to pass.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Economy Records ‘Worst Week’ Since 2008 - The Cable by Nobody: 4:18pm On Oct 31, 2015
zuchyblink:
#BringBackGej

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

To do what?

He will do exactly the same things.

Infact....PDP will be telling us to face austerity (truth...and nothing bad) and you people would be crying!

The real problem is you Nigerians. You do not want to work for your money. You want to share it and import. That is what is destroying our economy. Well now....we can no longer do the same old same old. Oil price has fallen. Better work for your money now.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Economy Records ‘Worst Week’ Since 2008 - The Cable by Koolmexxi(m): 4:18pm On Oct 31, 2015
It's even more irritating and embarrassing dat some morons will kill blaming GEJ and his administration forgetting it was on these same grounds day were voted in.. Do govt needs to start communicating with it's people and carry us along instead of running like ineffective background processes.. It's 6months already and Nigerians really need to start seeing signs instead of hearing and reading about non-existent improvements.

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Economy Records ‘Worst Week’ Since 2008 - The Cable by omobenin: 4:18pm On Oct 31, 2015
Junk news which cable? non-sense!
Re: Nigerian Economy Records ‘Worst Week’ Since 2008 - The Cable by fulaniHERDSman(m): 4:20pm On Oct 31, 2015
Emmysteve:
Grow up foooooolish cattle rearer
Don't quote me and say rubbish. You people are pained that we are now in charge. Mind you, power will not return to the south again. Continue wailing cool
Re: Nigerian Economy Records ‘Worst Week’ Since 2008 - The Cable by Nobody: 4:20pm On Oct 31, 2015
I expect more hard times especially on Asian companies operating in the country.

- budget 2015 has not been spent...a buildup of some sort
- expansionary spending in year 2016 would no doubt be the masterstroke for recovery.
- combined knowledge of the new cabinet and the ongoing reforms in oil and customs would pay off in the long term
- No cause for alarm.
Re: Nigerian Economy Records ‘Worst Week’ Since 2008 - The Cable by all4gud(m): 4:21pm On Oct 31, 2015
# sai change #
Sai Buhari

The change we voted is coming gradually
Re: Nigerian Economy Records ‘Worst Week’ Since 2008 - The Cable by PassingShot(m): 4:21pm On Oct 31, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
This is not worth celebrating nor seeking to score cheap political points. I've been worried with the dwindling state of the economy since May 29. My prayer is that we don't delve into recession.

The government need to adopt austerity asap...
Did you say since May 29th? Were you blindfolded in March and April when FG couldn't pay salaries?

Amadioma strike your mouth there!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Economy Records ‘Worst Week’ Since 2008 - The Cable by SirBenny: 4:21pm On Oct 31, 2015
Rubbish! How would dis nonsense put akpu on my table

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Economy Records ‘Worst Week’ Since 2008 - The Cable by Nobody: 4:23pm On Oct 31, 2015
gurunlocker:

you've got a blocked brain.... who told you GEJ didn't leave enough money?

grin grin grin grin

Don't you get it?

You did not read my post well.

The issue is ........NIGERIA NEVER EVER HAD ENOUGH MONEY TO BEGIN WITH!

Yes....GEJ left some money......but he also depleted the savings that Yaradua left behind. Savings which were not enough to begin with.

But here is my real point. Even if GEJ saved and saved....we would have been having this talk next year.

You Nigerians.....your problem is this oil money that you like too much that you want to fight over it. Serious nations are not dependent on one resource......they depend on the works of their hands.

And that is the road GEJ should have taken....and PMB must take or else....he won't be a good president in my books.

I am a Nigerian, and I am above your tribalism and petty politics. And as your countryman....I am telling you.....OIL IS A CURSE. Industries will save us. Science will save us.!

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Economy Records ‘Worst Week’ Since 2008 - The Cable by Nobody: 4:23pm On Oct 31, 2015
Since dem born me I never enjoy this country den dey call Nigeria,if dem like make them predict fire and brimstone from heaven,life goes on.no shaking

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Economy Records ‘Worst Week’ Since 2008 - The Cable by Nobody: 4:25pm On Oct 31, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:
Which recession? After recovering 1,000,000 barrels of Crude Oil stolen by Jonathan's men on daily basis.

Unless someone convinces me that Katsina Cabals are now stealing the crude and eating fat at our expense.

If I remember, one former minister is begging to return $6,000,000,000 while OBJ and others have returned theirs according to dependable sources in Government.

With $150,000,000,000 waiting to be recovered from foreign banks, Nigeria can't be broke nor can it go into recession.

I trust the people's General

Bros, ee no tire you? Buhari told the world that Nigerians have stolen $150 Billions in May/June 2015. Four months later, he is begging India for $10 Billion to be shared by 53 African countries. That is approximately $189m per country. Who even told him that a poor country like India will give you money while your people "own" $150m in foreign land.

Buhari and APC deserves no sympathy. Let the oil price fall to $2.00 so that the Northern oligarchy will think of other resources. After all, there is gold in Zamfara and other minerals abound in the North. Meanwhile, join me to enjoy this new Nigerian reggae tune!

Nigeria National Reggae Tune!!!

NIGERIA is DYING
BUHARI is LYING
APC is PROPAGANDIZING
ARMED robbers are EMBOLDENED
AMBODE is BEWILDERED
PDP is SLEEPING
BIAFRA is RISING
BOKO HARAM is SLAUGHTERING
ARMY are RUNNING
ISINBAJO is PROMISING
POLICE are POCKETING
ECONOMY is DWINDLING

What can we say ooo! Everybody r - u - n!!! (Chorus x 3) grin grin grin

12 Likes

Re: Nigerian Economy Records ‘Worst Week’ Since 2008 - The Cable by queebeediva(f): 4:26pm On Oct 31, 2015
What about the recovering loots of the abacha's family with world bank abeg let them fixed the economy afterall na dem spoil am . As if the country is in any better shape before ! Surelly the poor must survive no matter their plans!
Re: Nigerian Economy Records ‘Worst Week’ Since 2008 - The Cable by Nobody: 4:28pm On Oct 31, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:
Which recession? After recovering 1,000,000 barrels of Crude Oil stolen by Jonathan's men on daily basis.

Unless someone convinces me that Katsina Cabals are now stealing the crude and eating fat at our expense.

If I remember, one former minister is begging to return $6,000,000,000 while OBJ and others have returned theirs according to dependable sources in Government.

With $150,000,000,000 waiting to be recovered from foreign banks, Nigeria can't be broke nor can it go into recession.

I trust the people's General

And you think that money is enough?

You folks don't get it!!!!

We need far more than that.

And the only way to get it is by ending our reliance on oil. And by becoming industrial. Yes....it includes oil producing states like mine.

Dutch diseased economy.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clashes Not Buhari’s Responsibilty – Obasanjo / DSS Invites Ten Edo APC Chieftains / Key Points To Note On President Elect's Working Visit To Europe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.