Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,636 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

Nigerian Economy Records ‘Worst Week’ Since 2008 - The Cable - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Economy Records ‘Worst Week’ Since 2008 - The Cable (25401 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Chased Out Of Court - The Cable / ALLEGED: DSS To 'secretly Execute' Nnamdi Kanu- The Cable / Names Of Those Who Made 2nd Ministerial List - The Cable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Economy Records ‘Worst Week’ Since 2008 - The Cable by adonismuller(m): 4:43pm On Oct 31, 2015
What do you expect when you have an illiterate as a president?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Economy Records ‘Worst Week’ Since 2008 - The Cable by dustydee: 4:44pm On Oct 31, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
This is not worth celebrating nor seeking to score cheap political points. I've been worried with the dwindling state of the economy since May 29. My prayer is that we don't delve into recession.

The government need to adopt austerity asap...
What do you suggest the government should do?
Re: Nigerian Economy Records ‘Worst Week’ Since 2008 - The Cable by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:44pm On Oct 31, 2015
Nelkoko:
Ma problem with u is dat i talk d way e dey.....God bless u ma broda
God bless you too boss
Re: Nigerian Economy Records ‘Worst Week’ Since 2008 - The Cable by Nobody: 4:44pm On Oct 31, 2015
Yanks101:
The most drastical step to take is true federalism. Yes, it would hurt the FG and most states in the short term, but that is the only way of rescue.
I had a bit of hope for Nigeria due to the Confab resolutions, but our northerners have disposed that report.
Leave the oil for the niger-delta, and let the other states no longer waiting for free oil money explore their human and natural resources and maximize them.
That way Nigeria would gradually begin to enter a level of high productivity leading to great national wealth.
Nigeria is wasting too much wealth,potential and time. The FG cannot maximize the enormous natural and human resources on its own.

True federalism would only work if you Nigerians are ready to work for your money, and not be oil dependent.

And anyway, you Nigerians are not ready for it. When you blame GEJ for not providing water for his people in Otueoke, and Buhari for not building five star hotel in Daura....when that should be the job for the local government chair.

Sorry....but until you Nigerians realise that Abuja cannot solve your problems...and that you must get your local eladers to sort out local problems.....true federalism is just code for....how we share the kudi!

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Economy Records ‘Worst Week’ Since 2008 - The Cable by ireasontight: 4:45pm On Oct 31, 2015
Thank you chukwuokike abiama,i want the zoo economy to crumble beyond ashes.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Economy Records ‘Worst Week’ Since 2008 - The Cable by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 4:45pm On Oct 31, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Nigeria must industrialise. Selling oil is for weaklings.

Isn't is shameful that in Rivers state,no industry can manufacture complete oil rig?

Or in Kaduna., no industry can manufacture a combine harvester from scratch?

the problem is with complete illiterates holding political office.... when buhari doesnt even know the official inflation& interest rate. I'm not asking for Professors to run for office, just sensible individuals who can think sensibly
Re: Nigerian Economy Records ‘Worst Week’ Since 2008 - The Cable by SeverusSnape(m): 4:46pm On Oct 31, 2015
PassingShot:

Did you say since May 29th? Were you blindfolded in March and April when FG couldn't pay salaries?

Amadioma strike your mouth there!
Sango scatter your brain there. Foooool!

Which government couldn't pay salaries??

Stupid_ zombie.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Economy Records ‘Worst Week’ Since 2008 - The Cable by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:46pm On Oct 31, 2015
dustydee:

What do you suggest the government should do?
Austerity ASAP! No need for self-denial

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Economy Records ‘Worst Week’ Since 2008 - The Cable by babafirst(m): 4:47pm On Oct 31, 2015
Wailers make una dey bring doomsday economic news marshalled by agents of money laundering.The fine imposed on both banks is a piece of cake as Govt has only retrieved the profits they made from those illegal accounts.Thank God una rumours no shake PMB.Business organisations that flout policy decisions are fined in billions daily around the world.Na so una carry statistics take deceive the ordinary man and the zoologist gej to think say im dey do better work.Don't distract PMB now with your wuruwuru election losers instigated statistics.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Economy Records ‘Worst Week’ Since 2008 - The Cable by Yanks101: 4:51pm On Oct 31, 2015
bushdoc9919:

True federalism would only work if you Nigerians are ready to work for your money, and not be oil dependent.

And anyway, you Nigerians are not ready for it. When you blame GEJ for not providing water for his people in Otueoke, and Buhari for not building five star hotel in Daura....when that should be the job for the local government chair.

Sorry....but until you Nigerians realise that Abuja cannot solve your problems...and that you must get your local eladers to sort out local problems.....true federalism is just code for....how we share the kudi!
True federalism will force the states to work.
When states like nassarawa see how wealthy Rivers or bayelsa has become by controlling over 70% of her oil revenues, she would be forced to find mining investors for her bauxite, gold e.t.c. so that nassarawa can be as wealthy if not more wealthy.
Unfortunately , the leaders are just lazy. They are afraid of taking that step due to certain illogical uncertainties.
The greatest obstacle to true federalism implementation in Nigeria is backward ethnic politics.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Economy Records ‘Worst Week’ Since 2008 - The Cable by butanep(m): 4:52pm On Oct 31, 2015
melvinjames:

https://www.thecable.ng/tough-times-ahead-nigerian-economy-records-worst-week-since-2008

The president, CBN Governor and others advising the president are all clueless. They don't have the intellect to drive the economy forward.They make policy that draw the economy backward. Nothing is just working since the government came to power.

I keep my fingers crossed.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Economy Records ‘Worst Week’ Since 2008 - The Cable by Nobody: 4:54pm On Oct 31, 2015
The worse is yet to come. Dullard comes to put the country into a big mess. The bunch of idiots living in the hell hole won't see it coming. All they are good at is using sentiments to define everything about this government. You are all primitive human beings who refuse to move forward.

I am tired of this annoying people who fail to get civilized and organize the Nigerian society.angry angry lipsrsealed lipsrsealed cry cry cry cry

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Economy Records ‘Worst Week’ Since 2008 - The Cable by PRYCE(m): 4:54pm On Oct 31, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Thanks. Will do so

MODIFIED:
Done that...Eye-opening! Thanks boss
See the part about "The Opposition accusing Mr president of losing grip of the economy"? And they say the PDP is dead? Even Mr Buhari is scared of what the Opposition can do or say!!!

#ProudWailer
#ProudlyPDP bro

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Economy Records ‘Worst Week’ Since 2008 - The Cable by babafirst(m): 4:55pm On Oct 31, 2015
PassingShot:

Did you say since May 29th? Were you blindfolded in March and April when FG couldn't pay salaries?

Don't mind the fake economist,he or she forgot when NOI said money had to be borrowed to pay salaries in March and April.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Economy Records ‘Worst Week’ Since 2008 - The Cable by Firefire(m): 4:55pm On Oct 31, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
This is not worth celebrating nor seeking to score cheap political points. I've been worried with the dwindling state of the economy since May 29. My prayer is that we don't delve into recession.

The government need to adopt austerity asap...

My friend, please note that Nigeria is now experiencing full recession. embarassed sad

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Economy Records ‘Worst Week’ Since 2008 - The Cable by Yanks101: 4:56pm On Oct 31, 2015
butanep:

The president, CBN Governor and others advising the president are all clueless. They don't have the intellect to drive the economy forward.They make policy that draw the economy backward. Nothing is just working since the government came to power.

I keep my fingers crossed.
I think we should reduce the anti-buhari rants on this thread as much as i hate to.
Nigeria earns relatively very little for her enormous population. The best president on earth can do very little given the resource.
We need to tackle something much deeper than corruption and a bad president.
Nigeria is just not earning enough to make a significant difference.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Economy Records ‘Worst Week’ Since 2008 - The Cable by dustydee: 4:56pm On Oct 31, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Austerity ASAP! No need for self-denial
But that is already in place - since late last year.
Re: Nigerian Economy Records ‘Worst Week’ Since 2008 - The Cable by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:58pm On Oct 31, 2015
Firefire:

My friend, please note that Nigeria is now experiencing full recession. embarassed sad
Abeg o. We haven't oooo... I pray we don't experience such. Some of us won't find it funny.
Re: Nigerian Economy Records ‘Worst Week’ Since 2008 - The Cable by Nobody: 4:59pm On Oct 31, 2015
PRYCE:
Oga mi read this carefully!

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-10-30/africa-s-biggest-economy-defying-currency-critics-chokes-growth

Sooo the naira should go down and inflation shoot up ....making matters worse abi

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Economy Records ‘Worst Week’ Since 2008 - The Cable by informato: 4:59pm On Oct 31, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:
Which recession? After recovering 1,000,000 barrels of Crude Oil stolen by Jonathan's men on daily basis.

Unless someone convinces me that Katsina Cabals are now stealing the crude and eating fat at our expense.

If I remember, one former minister is begging to return $6,000,000,000 while OBJ and others have returned theirs according to dependable sources in Government.

With $150,000,000,000 waiting to be recovered from foreign banks, Nigeria can't be broke nor can it go into recession.

I trust the people's General
OBJ returned nothing
Re: Nigerian Economy Records ‘Worst Week’ Since 2008 - The Cable by anonimi: 5:00pm On Oct 31, 2015
hinwazaka:
Very good. Hunger and poverty will punish the supporters of APC

How many APCheat supporters can answer the prayer below

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3018404_fbimg1440078497612_jpeg3a8a60a93f1e032153541a608593102d

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Economy Records ‘Worst Week’ Since 2008 - The Cable by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:00pm On Oct 31, 2015
dustydee:

But that is already in place - since late last year.
We have a new administration. Last time I check, the approach of this administration is different from last. No economic management team btw... Even CBN is struggling with its monetary policy.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Economy Records ‘Worst Week’ Since 2008 - The Cable by PRYCE(m): 5:01pm On Oct 31, 2015
wallace83:

Sooo the naira should go down and inflation shoot up ....making matters worse abi
Guy we have NO choice! The Economy will take a nosedive if we don't devaluate!...
Re: Nigerian Economy Records ‘Worst Week’ Since 2008 - The Cable by Firefire(m): 5:01pm On Oct 31, 2015
PassingShot:

Nigeria economic-nosedive is more clearer under Buhari's government that lack any iota of economic direction since May 29th. angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Economy Records ‘Worst Week’ Since 2008 - The Cable by 247notire(m): 5:02pm On Oct 31, 2015
Whr is montezz my sweetheart? Happy wknd dear
Re: Nigerian Economy Records ‘Worst Week’ Since 2008 - The Cable by Yanks101: 5:02pm On Oct 31, 2015
California has a GDP of $2.3trillion with a small population of 38.8 million. Nigeria has an inflated GDP of $500billion with a population of 170 million.
The distance is just so wide. Even if Nigeria has the best president on earth, given the disparity in resource, there is no way Nigeria would have the same standard of living as california.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Economy Records ‘Worst Week’ Since 2008 - The Cable by Rexyl(m): 5:02pm On Oct 31, 2015
I shall not want! God provides for the birds of the sky, he would meet my needs even under the tight economic situation or severe austerity measures.

God will make a way, where it seems there is none.
Re: Nigerian Economy Records ‘Worst Week’ Since 2008 - The Cable by Firefire(m): 5:04pm On Oct 31, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Abeg o. We haven't oooo... I pray we don't experience such. Some of us won't find it funny.

Please note that Nigeria is undergoing economic recession.

Do not be deceived by any media cover-up.

APC and Buhary inability to quickly address the issue since May 29 by forming a formidable cabinet has compounded the challenges.

Rough days ahead.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Economy Records ‘Worst Week’ Since 2008 - The Cable by Truckpusher(m): 5:05pm On Oct 31, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Unfortunately, the administration don't want to face the present reality. They are more concerned with their own political gain
He has spent almost six months doing nothing and didn't even appoint the various Government parastatals that would court investors , telling them of their long time goals and expectations and bringing in diplomatic ties that would see investors turning around.

Even the continuation of Jonathan's policy of placing high tariffs on luxurious foreign goods, materials and products has been discontinued which was targeted at creating a level playing field for local manufacturers and producers thereby creating jobs within the system and keep the liquid flow while threatening to overtake the sub Sahara African markets from the Chinese and the West or at least share in the largesse.
Instead he has embarked on a policy of strangulating the dollar to give the Naira a false sense of appreciation when it is already clear that the plunge of the naira was due to our over dependency on petroleum product as our major gross domestic product.
When you base your economic indexes on a single product while strangulating a stronger currency your market will bite the dust - Sometimes you keep wondering what his economic team is doing in Aso Rock unless Buhari in his usual paranoia have decided to limit their input and be running Nigeria as a sole administrator.
The future is bleak if we continue like this ,though this type of economy will favor traders and bankers who might commit a huge mortgage to the future but again the conditions that might be tied to it could be another bottleneck for a Nigerian family that is already on the edge due to loss of income or business stagnation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Economy Records ‘Worst Week’ Since 2008 - The Cable by Truckpusher(m): 5:07pm On Oct 31, 2015
Firefire:

Please note that Nigeria is undergoing economic recession.

Do not be deceived by any media cover-up.

APC and Buhary inability to quickly address the issue since May 29 by forming a formidable cabinet has compounded the challenges.

Rough days ahead.
You can say that again unless he has to take the bull by the horns but the old man is too paranoid to give anyone a freehand to make changes and this is the crux of the matter.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Economy Records ‘Worst Week’ Since 2008 - The Cable by biafranqueen: 5:09pm On Oct 31, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Nigeria must industrialise. Selling oil is for weaklings.

Isn't is shameful that in Rivers state,no industry can manufacture complete oil rig?

Or in Kaduna., no industry can manufacture a combine harvester from scratch?

I have always said the same that you are saying we have to focus on manufacturing and exporting even if it is to other African countries. Under GEJ never before strides were taking in agriculture and mining.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Sule Lamido Visits Obasanjo For Consultation Over Presidential Ambition / You Are Playing With Fire – FFK Tells Herdsmen, Dares Buhari To Arrest OBJ / Herdsmen: Tinubu Silent Because He Does Not Want To Offend Buhari - Adebanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.