Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,448 members, 7,770,098 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:09 AM

Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees (32125 Views)

MIRACLE! After 12 Years Of Barrenness, Woman Gives Birth To Quadruplets - Photos / Woman Delivers Quadruplets Four Years After Wedding (Photo) / Driver's Wife Delivers Quadruplets In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by maclatunji: 5:37pm On Sep 01, 2012
Drama in Ibadan: Woman gives birth to quadruplets after five children, husband absconds

"Children are the heritage of God and blessed is the man that his quiver is full of them,” says the Holy book, but not in the situation of 35-year-old Iyabo Oladunni, a mother of five girls who was blessed with a set of quadruplets at 5:14pm on Friday 24, 2012 at the University College Hospital (UCH), Ibadan .

Iyabo, who live in Ijaye Orile near Ibadan, Oyo State, with her husband, Olayemi Oladunni, is a tailor by profession, while her husband is a welder.

The mother of five girls before the birth of the quadruplets said that her aim and hope of having another baby after the five girls was to have a boy. But to her amazement, God gave her more than she requested and expected.

Moreover, Iyabo Oladunni said that the eldest of the first five girls, who is now 12 years old, lives with her father’s younger brother at Lagos. The second girl, 8-year-old, is presently in Nursery 3 in a school in Ijaye; the third born, a set of twins, are in Nursery 1 and the fifth girl, aged three years has not started schooling.

When asked how she feels about the birth of the babies, Iyabo said “I have mixed feelings about their deliveries. I’m partly happy and partly sad. I’m happy because I have a male which is my desire among the four children, and sad because I don’t have the wherewithal to take care of them in a rented room where we live.”

According to Iyabo, although the couple were both desirous to have a male child, it was amazing that her husband and the father of the quadruplets, Olayemi, took to his heels immediately he had an inkling a day to his wife’s delivery.

Recounting her husband's reaction when he heard she was carrying four babies in her womb, Iyabo said “after a scan was carried out in the month of March this year, and it showed there were four babies in my womb, I was afraid and started crying.

'"But the doctor who did the ultrasound test encouraged me to pray to God for assistance instead of weeping. The man also told me that God, who put them there, will definitely take care of them. When I got home after the scan, I told my husband about it and he kept asking me 'where do I take the four babies to?'"

She, however, pleaded with her husband wherever he is that he should return home so that they can jointly take care of the babies, even as she called on the Oyo State governor, Senator Abiola Ajimobi, to come to the aid of the babies in whatever ways he deems fit. She also appealed to Nigerians generally to come to her rescue.

According to the pastor of the Oladunnis, Evangelist Olawumi Abiola of Emmanuel Anglican Church, Ijaye Orile, Akinyele Local Government, Ibadan, “Mrs. Iyabo Oladunni started complaining of stomach pain for a very long time and had used some medications. When she told me that the pain persisted, I persuaded her to undergo a medical test in order to get to the root of the stomach pain.

After the test, she discovered that it was pregnancy and I told her that she should go and register in a hospital outside Ijaye. She obeyed and came to register at Adeoyo State Hospital. I can’t afford to lose her as I lost another member of the church about two years ago.”

Evangelist Abiola also spoke about the committment of the Oladunnis, especially the wife owing to the fact that women are generally committed to the work of God. He also expressed his gratitude to God for keeping the four babies and their mothers alive. "I implore Nigerians to come to our aid, most especially considering the future of these children. The responsibility cannot be carried by an individual more so that the parents live in a village; there is no money in the village.”

Also speaking, the mother-in-law, Madam Moyiola Oladunni, said, “I’m very happy for this miraculous work of God. When God gives me this blessing, I can’t question him, but my major concern is how to take care of these blessings because it’s not a one-man responsibility.”

http://www.olufamous.com/2012/09/husband-absconds-after-wife-delivers.html#more

1 Like

Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by maclatunji: 5:40pm On Sep 01, 2012
Why do many men runaway when their wives have multiple births? A detailed research should be carried-out to find-out why and how such incidences can be reduced. It is not funny. Although, one can't help but laugh sometimes.

4 Likes

Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by eduson33(m): 6:03pm On Sep 01, 2012
Hehe,maybe na mama put em run go
madam abeg,mix peper soup and beans,add okporoko and kpomo joing and spray some stew if posible.no time
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by Kobojunkie: 6:15pm On Sep 01, 2012

We have heard this story hundreds/thousands of times before now. I do have to ask why people are not addressing the obvious problems. The man living now does not mean he would not have left if she had not had the quads now. I mean honestly, women need to start re-focusing their minds a bit more.
She already had five kids living in the same cramped apartment. Why think of having another when she has yet to solve the problem of their living in that cramped apartment?

17 Likes

Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by Fhemmmy: 6:38pm On Sep 01, 2012
Waoh . . . This is serious!
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by Nobody: 6:56pm On Sep 01, 2012

6 Likes

Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by MrsChima(f): 6:56pm On Sep 01, 2012
Hmm.

That poor man.....
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by eduson33(m): 7:03pm On Sep 01, 2012
madam abeg,mix peper soup and beans,add okporoko and kpomo.spray some stew if posible.no time for dis kin talk
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by maclatunji: 7:17pm On Sep 01, 2012
chaircover: The irony of the whole thing is that due to lack of funds, God forbid they loose the male child that they were so looking for in the first instance. Already one of their kids is living with a relative.

What is anyone doing with 5 kids in this present day and age anyway? it is well. Congratulations to the Oladunnis

I doubt the man is even thinking of the male child at the moment. He is just seeing bills everywhere!

7 Likes

Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by queensmith: 7:26pm On Sep 01, 2012
maclatunji: Why do many men runaway when their wives have multiple births? A detailed research should be carried-out to find-out why and how such incidences can be reduced. It is not funny. Although, one can't help but laugh sometimes.

you are right- but i did laugh when i read the title. God forgive me sha.

The police should start finding the husband asap, nonsense man, when he was doing sebi he was enjoying it, oniranu

2 Likes

Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by Kobojunkie: 7:34pm On Sep 01, 2012
queensmith:

you are right- but i did laugh when i read the title. God forgive me sha.

The police should start finding the husband asap, nonsense man, when he was doing sebi he was enjoying it, oniranu

What for? Because he is not allowed to bail on the woman when he wants to? undecided undecided undecided Why should the police look for him? Is his crime impregnating her? Please let us be sure that I am not holding brief for the looser of a man here.
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by queensmith: 7:44pm On Sep 01, 2012
Kobojunkie:

We have heard this story hundreds/thousands of times before now. I do have to ask why people are not addressing the obvious problems. The man living now does not mean he would not have left if she had not had the quads now. I mean honestly, women need to start re-focusing their minds a bit more.
She already had five kids living in the same cramped apartment. Why think of having another when she has yet to solve the problem of their living in that cramped apartment?

I actually agree with you for the most part, it's my mentality, but sociologists often excuse this behavior by stating women in countries such as Nigerian are left with no choice and little empowerment. They are not given the option on whether or not they want to have children, have sex with their husbands, or even go out to work and get an education.
With that I understand where these women stand in not being able to dictate her life appropriately, as desperate as these women can be, if thne husband returns today she will still take him back, sleep with him and probably even get pregnant again. It's a very sad cycle but until there is enough focus to educate and enlighten women more on their rights and where they stand situations like these will continue to happen.

1 Like

Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by queensmith: 7:48pm On Sep 01, 2012
Kobojunkie:

What for? Because he is not allowed to bail on the woman when he wants to? undecided undecided undecided Why should the police look for him? Is his crime impregnating her? Please let us be sure that I am not holding brief for the looser of a man here.

Does that make any sense to you? Why should anybody bail on their responsibilities? Who is going to carry the costs? Or when the children grow up and become criminals and steal from YOUR children you don't realize you have paid for this mans mistakes?
No- everybody should live up to their responsibilities, I don't for one second think she should be left with the burden, of course I do believe women need to be more careful, but I can imagine the women that don't have sex with their husbands are given all sorts of stds and viruses when they start sleeping outside.

1 Like

Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by Kobojunkie: 7:56pm On Sep 01, 2012
queensmith:

Does that make any sense to you? Why should anybody bail on their responsibilities? Who is going to carry the costs? Or when the children grow up and become criminals and steal from YOUR children you don't realize you have paid for this mans mistakes?
No- everybody should live up to their responsibilities, I don't for one second think she should be left with the burden, of course I do believe women need to be more careful, but I can imagine the women that don't have sex with their husbands are given all sorts of stds and viruses when they start sleeping outside.

It is not a matter of "why should anybody bail on their responsibilities?". It happens, regularly, and I don't think getting the police into our person lives will make this go away.

Who is going to carry the cost? Probably the woman. Look the obvious reality of these things is this . . always blaming the men has to do this day not helped the situation at all.

Like I said, we have heard this story so many times before now. What you ought to ask is how many women, the action baby-churning machines, have learnt anything and are making the right decisions so they do not end up burned with more than they can handle.

Whether you like it or not, she is the one to be left with the burden, why did she not shore against this sort of thing? Even if the man eventually comes back, she is still the reason why her children, rather than have a better life, have to manage because they are now 9 of them(more than the initial 5) that need to be fed. She already had 5 kids she could not handle. What sensible reason did she have to go for a sixth? And please do not tell me next that there are no methods out there to prevent pregnancies and so this woman had no choice.

I suspect she may have been taking pills that resulted in her having these four.
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by maclatunji: 8:01pm On Sep 01, 2012
queensmith:

I actually agree with you for the most part, it's my mentality, but sociologists often excuse this behavior by stating women in countries such as Nigerian are left with no choice and little empowerment. They are not given the option on whether or not they want to have children, have sex with their husbands, or even go out to work and get an education.
With that I understand where these women stand in not being able to dictate her life appropriately, as desperate as these women can be, if thne husband returns today she will still take him back, sleep with him and probably even get pregnant again. It's a very sad cycle but until there is enough focus to educate and enlighten women more on their rights and where they stand situations like these will continue to happen.

Very well said. However, I would add that men too need to be educated as well on making proper choices that will make their lives a lot easier so that they don't have to runaway from their responsibilities. Another big problem is that of unwanted pregnancies, you read some young people's comments, questions and just can't help but shake your head in dismay.

Yes, I am a young person too but being young or being poor in this case doesn't mean one has to be stupid.
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by Kobojunkie: 8:03pm On Sep 01, 2012
queensmith:

Not all Nigerian women are victims. Lets us making it seem as if they are. Many of them had a choice in who they would marry and still have the power to do something about the direction of their marriages. But the problem is the mentality of the majority . . why does a woman who already has 5 kids want to have a sixth? Because she wants a son? Ok. So you can't completely care for the ones you already have but you want to add another one because without a son, you are incomplete? Why not wait until you have taken very good care of the ones you already have before adding another? I don't know, I just think it is wicked to treat children like foul . . . it is wicked.

For all you and I know, the husband is already sleeping around, so having yet another child is not going to stop that. She is well able to dictate her life and speak up . . many women can but they shut up because in their minds, they are convinced that if they say something and things go wrong, then it is their fault. And the men know this and use this against them. Gone are the days when women were really victims . . these days, some have been able to break away from that wrong mentality while others have chosen to keep it because it is their way of making themselves "feel good".

1 Like

Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by Nobody: 8:17pm On Sep 01, 2012
A man got to do what a man got to do, much more a Nigerian man wink
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by queensmith: 8:17pm On Sep 01, 2012
Kobojunkie:

It is not a matter of "why should anybody bail on their responsibilities?". It happens, regularly, and I don't think getting the police into our person lives will make this go away.

Who is going to carry the cost? Probably the woman. Look the obvious reality of these things is this . . always blaming the men has to do this day not helped the situation at all.

Like I said, we have heard this story so many times before now. What you ought to ask is how many women, the action baby-churning machines, have learnt anything and are making the right decisions so they do not end up burned with more than they can handle.

Whether you like it or not, she is the one to be left with the burden, why did she not shore against this sort of thing? Even if the man eventually comes back, she is still the reason why her children, rather than have a better life, have to manage because they are now 9 of them(more than the initial 5) that need to be fed. She already had 5 kids she could not handle. What sensible reason did she have to go for a sixth? And please do not tell me next that there are no methods out there to prevent pregnancies and so this woman had no choice.

I suspect she may have been taking pills that resulted in her having these four.

No-1, that is what the police is for. that is why we pay them out of our personal monies.
no2- the woman, plus everybody her child comes into contact with and influences, and if the hard life leaves them little choice it is bound to be negatively.
no3-, just because it happens regularly doesn't mean men are not responsibly for their parts in such. if you get a woman pregnant you are responsible for taking care of the child.
no4- obviously, how can the women learn when they are not educated? That is why they are meant to be educated and empowered, so they can make these decisions for themselves. All they have now is the rubbish culture and the rules that culture goes by. Which dictate they follow men up and down for better lives.
I dont get what you meant by the last paragraph? Nobody is debating who will be left with the burden? then again like I have said the criminals have to steal from somebody? once the dots are connected we are all inevitably involved.
I don't know why you think she was taking pills to have more kids, I didnt read that one in the article.
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by Acidosis(m): 8:20pm On Sep 01, 2012
eduson33: madam abeg,mix peper soup and beans,add okporoko and kpomo.spray some stew if posible.no time for dis kin talk

You are becoming a nuisance.

4 Likes

Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by coogar: 8:25pm On Sep 01, 2012
maclatunji: Why do many men runaway when their wives have multiple births? A detailed research should be carried-out to find-out why and how such incidences can be reduced. It is not funny. Although, one can't help but laugh sometimes.

would you stay? the only common factor in these stories is the financial incapability of the couples. which begs the question - what were they thinking having another baby after 5 daughters? now the number is 9!! i wish them goodluck, i hope there's a male amongst the quads otherwise we should expect them to try again for a male child!
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by Kobojunkie: 8:27pm On Sep 01, 2012
queensmith:

No-1, that is what the police is for. that is why we pay them out of our personal monies.
No, that is not what we pay the police for. We have no laws to arrest men for abandoning their wives and children. If that was the case, we would have the high number of abandoned marriages that is currently the situation in Nigeria. Women in such situations are usually helpless unles they decide to get a divorce.

queensmith:
no2- the woman, plus everybody her child comes into contact with and influences, and if the hard life leaves them little choice it is bound to be negatively.
Well, she will not be the first to burden that society with children that she is not able to raise properly. When next you are in Nigeria. Just stand at a bus stop and look around. Many of those you will see where most likely from similar homes where there were more children that the parents could adequately take care of. The poverty rate is as high as 75% yet the average Nigerian woman continues to have about 5.7 kids. Go figure.

queensmith:
no3-, just because it happens regularly doesn't mean men are not responsibly for their parts in such. if you get a woman pregnant you are responsible for taking care of the child.
No on said that the responsibilit is not on the men but it is also more on the women who bare the most of the burden should the men take off.
Sure, when a man gets a woman pregnant, he is responsible but there are no laws to force him to be.

queensmith:
no4- obviously, how can the women learn when they are not educated? That is why they are meant to be educated and empowered, so they can make these decisions for themselves. All they have now is the rubbish culture and the rules that culture goes by. Which dictate they follow men up and down for better lives.
You don't have to have seen the four walls of a college to learn these things. . . life itself teaches us all so many lessons for free. Anyone who refuses to learn from those many lessons, has his/her self to blame. No culture requires a woman have children that she cannot take care of. No culture requires a woman not take contraceptives . . . . that story is usually manufactured in the minds of those who need an excuse to continue having them.
queensmith:
I dont get what you meant by the last paragraph? Nobody is debating who will be left with the burden? then again like I have said the criminals have to steal from somebody? once the dots are connected we are all inevitably involved.
I don't know why you think she was taking pills to have more kids, I didnt read that one in the article.
I think she may have been because of her desire to have a son. I read somewhere that that trend is on the rise . . women taking pregnancy pills to have sons.
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by ayobase(m): 8:59pm On Sep 01, 2012
The ''.....husband flees'' from the caption gat me LOL...where e wan run go?
E no funny true true.....in a country where to buy garri alone sef na probs let alone of buying tins of Cerelac and d likes...how many feeding bottles sef?
Run o, till government come to ur aid o!
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by eduson33(m): 9:33pm On Sep 01, 2012
Madam abeg,come collect ur money.no time.
Acidosis:

You are becoming a nuisance.
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by maclatunji: 10:23pm On Sep 01, 2012
coogar:

would you stay? the only common factor in these stories is the financial incapability of the couples. which begs the question - what were they thinking having another baby after 5 daughters? now the number is 9!! i wish them goodluck, i hope there's a male amongst the quads otherwise we should expect them to try again for a male child!

Yeah, there's a male amongst the quads. If in that position, I wouldn't run, I would just seek for assistance and look for a solution that is best for the kids and the entire family.
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by coogar: 10:41pm On Sep 01, 2012
maclatunji:

Yeah, there's a male amongst the quads. If in that position, I wouldn't run, I would just seek for assistance and look for a solution that is best for the kids and the entire family.

his hospital bill alone would build a bungalow in his village......asides that, the media would feed on the story like hell. not too many people like such "yeye" exposure - its not like he's discovered the cure to HIV.
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by maclatunji: 11:31pm On Sep 01, 2012
coogar:

his hospital bill alone would build a bungalow in his village......asides that, the media would feed on the story like hell. not too many people like such "yeye" exposure - its not like he's discovered the cure to HIV.

Nobody is implying that this situation is easy for the man. However, the man has to face his responsibilities even if the odds are stacked-up against him, he has to step-up.
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by EfemenaXY: 12:16am On Sep 02, 2012
This story should serve as a lesson to those who choose to breed like rabbits.

Don't get me wrong o! I believe children are blessings and all that, but if a couple are struggling to make ends meet, why make it any more harder then it already is?

The most annoying part of this fiasco is that while humping themselves silly, they didn't seek "assistance". Na now dem realise say they need "help"??

Smh.

3 Likes

Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by coogar: 12:19am On Sep 02, 2012
maclatunji:

Nobody is implying that this situation is easy for the man. However, the man has to face his responsibilities even if the odds are stacked-up against him, he has to step-up.

step up to 9 rug rats? i hear you.... thats so easy for you to say! walk in his shoes for a day .....
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by MrsChima(f): 12:20am On Sep 02, 2012
People having all these kids and cant afford them.
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by Kobojunkie: 12:21am On Sep 02, 2012
Efemena_xy: This story should serve as a lesson to those who choose to breed like rabbits.

Don't get me wrong o! I believe children are blessings and all that, but if a couple are struggling to make ends meet, why make it any more harder then it already is?

The most annoying part of this fiasco is that while humping themselves silly, they didn't seek "assistance". Na now dem realise say they need "help"??

Smh.

Do you even they care? they already had 5 kids they could not adequately care for . . . I bet you this problem existed long before the 4th child showed up to the scene.

What in the world is a Tailor and a Welder, living in Ibadan, doing with 5 kids?
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by Nobody: 12:22am On Sep 02, 2012
Cheii!! Wetin man go do? 9 children? shocked shocked

LOL Wazzup with Nigerian women and multiple births? Wetin una dey chop? lipsrsealed I hope this is not hereditary sad
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by EfemenaXY: 12:28am On Sep 02, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Cheii!! Wetin man go do? 9 children? shocked shocked

LOL Wazzup with Nigerian women and multiple births? Wetin una dey chop? lipsrsealed I hope this is not hereditary sad

Nope, seems more like someone's been popping fertility pills like Tom-Tom or Nikko sweets grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Help! I'm Feeling Guilty Of Ruining Someone's Marriage / Man Finally Reunites With Sister After 25-years Apart / Woman Carries Her Baby After 23-Years Of Marriage. See Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.