Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,770 members, 7,955,941 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:13 PM

I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari (27461 Views)

‘Nigeria Moving Away From Corruption To Production’ – Rotimi Amaechi / Tunde Bakare: Tinubu Singlehandedly Fought PDP To A Standstill / I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by Reference(m): 9:04pm On Nov 01, 2015
bruno47:
Baba should focus on building and fortifying the anti corruption institutions and not fighting it alone.Once he leaves people will go back to their evil ways.The institution will speak for him when he goes.

He can't build up institutions because by nature they will become independent and impartial and he can't have that. If it were that desirable our institutions will have been functioning decades ago. To control Nigeria any leader as a matter of necessity subdues institutions for 'peace' and 'stability'. It is a structural problem. If our institutions worked neither Buhari, Jonathan or Obasanjo would have been President.
Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by chibaik(m): 9:06pm On Nov 01, 2015
Mutuwa:
smiley just do your best mr president.

Except

Fellow Nigerians, check the names & profiles of some of the senators who staged a walk-out because they hate corruption so badly and as such didn't want Ameachi as minister:-

But guess what...they now have this dark cloud of frustration and pain hovering around them,because he will now be a Minister of the FRN.

Shamefully, they include;

Saint Godswill Akpabio :- Presently facing corruption charges with EFCC as recent as last week.

Saint Joshua Dariye :- Was arrested for money laundering, removed from Office as Governor for 6 months & state of emergency declared in his state. Still facing corruption case with EFCC till date

Saint Theodore Orji :- Pending case with EFCC for allegedly squandered N474billion of Abia state money with his wife & son.

Saint Stella Oduah :- Bought 2 BMW N240billion. Was removed as minister. Still undergoing investigation with EFCC

Saint Jonah Jang :- Facing 20billion corruption charges with EFCC, case still in progress.

Saint Sam Egwu :- In 2007, a group, which calls itself the Coalition for Good Governance in Ebonyi State (COGGES) wrote petition to EFCC. In the petition, Sam Egu was described as the most corrupt Governor between 1999-2007. Case still pending in court.

Saint Enyinnaya Abaribe :- Impeached as deputy governor for corruption

Saint Buruji Kashamu - When I saw Kashamu among those walking out, I laughed almost slapped my Boss in the office. Kashamu staged a walk-out in protest against corruption. This must be illusory horror movie,I swear!!

But you don't find it funny that your president wants to fight corruption with the likes of Tinubu and Amaechi. Keep deceiving yourself.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by Reference(m): 9:08pm On Nov 01, 2015
JuanDeDios:

That's a mistake. They won't.

Now people are beginning to wake up. By 2019 it should be clearer exactly what the real problems of Nigeria are.
Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by mizzyboy007: 9:09pm On Nov 01, 2015
mtchewwwwww.....Oga go and sleep.... u got nothing impotant to say.
Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by noblegrex: 9:14pm On Nov 01, 2015
orontogorah:
we could hav appreciate if dis is wit out bias and nepotism. quite unfortunate i dont trust u no more... u r obviously selective in the dispensation of justies.... we still insist u start ur anti corruption drive wit d likes of tinubu, el rufai, amaechi and most predominantly ur northern brothers witout any tendency of sentiment. only den u gain our collective support..... and we shall remember u.. Whoever he starts with,however he starts it.he must start from somewhere.talking of being biased,those he's fighting aren't they corrupt?are they free from corruption,that's what you should ask yourself first.as long as they're corrupt people, let them pay for it.they're thieves. what's your own.

Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by Laveda(f): 9:14pm On Nov 01, 2015
Buhari is truely a dull'ard grin

Talking of corruption. .He is not talking of how much he has recovered or how he recovered them and we are talking a democracy? Where is the accountability if the people have no idea what you are doing to recover money and how much you have recovered? Where is the accountability if you have to secretly receive money that are not accounted for? How can we trust your fight against corruption when you yourself are not accountable?

This man is joking
Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by wtfCode: 9:17pm On Nov 01, 2015
...and i'm saying to the daura guy to Gerrarahere!!
Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by Nobody: 9:26pm On Nov 01, 2015
Sibrah:
I appeal to all childish wailers that they give our President the chance to fight corruption as he has said. It will be hard to have another person come on board and give corruption a fight like Buhari would. Let's forget all the APC vs PDP rivalry and allow this man achieve his goal. Even though he had to come on the APC platform, I know we need to soft-pedal our critism of him.
I also want the Buhari admin to focus on building stronger institution that can resist the forces of corruption for a long time to come. He may go after individuals to make a point on the short run, but the institution he leaves behind can be compromised when he is gone.
All those shouting Tinubu and Ameachi should know that corruption as a force in Nigeria knows no party or tribe, the other day it was one "Kolawole" aiding a "Madueke" in concealing loots. Let's give a leader who is truly passionate about positive change a chance and stop the propaganda of 'one chance'
Fine brain give yourself. he is passionate about corruption yet EFCC dropped a case against the co chairman of his transition committee . A self confess looter that stated that the only condition for returning loot is if elected is a member of his party. Tones of petitions written against ameachi were yet to receive attention yet he want to fight corruption to stand still.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by Legitbaba(m): 9:26pm On Nov 01, 2015
donphilopus:
Sir, even if it's only corruption you can fight, we're behind you. If corruption is reduced to the barest minimum, every other thing would be in place.

The wailingwailers are wailing as usual.
Same mentality with Buhari...no surprises d economy is almost gone
Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by bashydemy(m): 9:38pm On Nov 01, 2015
Akpan107:
This APC led fg may end up being the most corrupt in the history of this country.

the list of his ministers is still baffling some of his supporters.

i wonder the kind of Change the APC meant in the first place, because thing are changing from better to worst.
please can you give me list of people you would have want him to nominate in his cabinet from each states please.
Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by Adesiji77: 10:19pm On Nov 01, 2015
Mutuwa:

Except

Fellow Nigerians, check the names & profiles of some of the senators who staged a walk-out because they hate corruption so badly and as such didn't want Ameachi as minister:-

But guess what...they now have this dark cloud of frustration and pain hovering around them,because he will now be a Minister of the FRN.

Saint Godswill Akpabio :- Presently facing corruption charges with EFCC as recent as last week.

Saint Joshua Dariye :- Was arrested for money laundering, removed from Office as Governor for 6 months & state of emergency declared in his state. Still facing corruption case with EFCC till date

Saint Theodore Orji :- Pending case with EFCC for allegedly squandered N474billion of Abia state money with his wife & son.

Saint Stella Oduah :- Bought 2 BMW N240billion. Was removed as minister. Still undergoing investigation with EFCC

Saint Jonah Jang :- Facing 20billion corruption charges with EFCC, case still in progress.

Saint Sam Egwu :- In 2007, a group, which calls itself the Coalition for Good Governance in Ebonyi State (COGGES) wrote petition to EFCC. In the petition, Sam Egu was described as the most corrupt Governor between 1999-2007. Case still pending in court.

Saint Buruji Kashamu - When I saw Kashamu among those walking out, I laughed almost slapped my Boss in the office. Kashamu staged a walk-out in protest against corruption. This must be illusory horror movie,I swear!!
ROTFL @ "When I saw Kashamu among those walking out, I laughed almost slapped my Boss in the office."

grin grin grin grin
Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by shegxy9(m): 11:02pm On Nov 01, 2015
abeg make we hear word jawee.... na only corruption u go face till ur tenure runs out? abeg do needful
Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by politicalpastor: 1:52am On Nov 02, 2015
It's 6 months already and this president has not laid any foundation of good roads or talk about education. Is this man going to fight corruption with the 4 yrs mandate given to him.
Somebody should tell buhari that nigeria needs
actions in other area that are important. Am getting tired of him here in AMERICA. I wonder how people in nigeria are feeling.

During a press conference after the India-Africa Summit, which took place in New Delhi, President Buhari said he would not lose sleep over criticism that he was being selective in the fight against corruption.

“Slow And Steady”

He called on the elites to encourage him to get whoever had compromised his position and the trust given to him.

President Buhari told the gathering that he remained resolute in the fight against corruption and would want to be remembered for that when it is all said and done.

His administration has three main focus – security, economy and the fight against corruption.

But he has roundly been criticised by the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) as being selective in the fight.

On the economy, critics of his administration said he was too slow in addressing economic and infrastructure in a country yearning for development, a criticism he had responded to saying: “They call me baba go slow, but I will go slow and steady”.

“Not About Meeting Deadline”

The President must be bothered that the National Assembly had been polarised following his choice of ministers.

While he was away, the PDP and the All Progressives Congress’ lawmakers were sharply divided over one of his ministerial nominees, Mr Chibuike Amaechi.

Following the confirmation of his ministerial nominees, President Buhari said he would prune down the number of ministries so as to be able to pay salaries.

On whether there will be an extension of a three-month deadline given by his administration to flush out Boko Haram from Nigeria’s north-east, the President said that the target was to get rid of terrorism and not about meeting deadline.

One of the main talking points at the one-day summit in New Delhi, was the provision India had make for African countries. The nation said it had set aside over $10 billion grant for African countries.

Wooing investors, President Buhari assured Indians and the international community of his administration’s commitment to sustaining efforts aimed at making Nigeria an envy of all.

He urged them to avail themselves of the conducive environment that would be created for investments to thrive.

http://www.channelstv.com/2015/10/31/i-want-to-be-remembered-for-fighting-corruption-to-a-standstill-buhari/

Seun,Lalasticlala[/quote]
Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by Billygee2u: 4:23am On Nov 02, 2015
HungerBAD:
President Muhammadu Buhari says he wants to be remembered as a Nigerian president who fought corruption to a standstill, calling on Nigerians, who are not involved in corruptly enriching themselves with public funds, not to be afraid.

During a press conference after the India-Africa Summit, which took place in New Delhi, President Buhari said he would not lose sleep over criticism that he was being selective in the fight against corruption.

“Slow And Steady”

He called on the elites to encourage him to get whoever had compromised his position and the trust given to him.

President Buhari told the gathering that he remained resolute in the fight against corruption and would want to be remembered for that when it is all said and done.

His administration has three main focus – security, economy and the fight against corruption.

But he has roundly been criticised by the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) as being selective in the fight.

On the economy, critics of his administration said he was too slow in addressing economic and infrastructure in a country yearning for development, a criticism he had responded to saying: “They call me baba go slow, but I will go slow and steady”.

The President must be bothered that the National Assembly had been polarised following his choice of ministers.

While he was away, the PDP and the All Progressives Congress’ lawmakers were sharply divided over one of his ministerial nominees, Mr Chibuike Amaechi.

Following the confirmation of his ministerial nominees, President Buhari said he would prune down the number of ministries so as to be able to pay salaries.

On whether there will be an extension of a three-month deadline given by his administration to flush out Boko Haram from Nigeria’s north-east, the President said that the target was to get rid of terrorism and not about meeting deadline.

One of the main talking points at the one-day summit in New Delhi, was the provision India had make for African countries. The nation said it had set aside over $10 billion grant for African countries.

Wooing investors, President Buhari assured Indians and the international community of his administration’s commitment to sustaining efforts aimed at making Nigeria an envy of all.

He urged them to avail themselves of the conducive environment that would be created for investments to thrive.

http://www.channelstv.com/2015/10/31/i-want-to-be-remembered-for-fighting-corruption-to-a-standstill-buhari/

Seun,Lalasticlala
BABAgoSLOwdullardinhoBuhari, you will be remembered for selective fight against corruption and chosen looters like Amaechi and Fashola as your ministers
Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by Billygee2u: 4:25am On Nov 02, 2015
orontogorah:
we could hav appreciate if dis is wit out bias and nepotism. quite unfortunate i dont trust u no more... u r obviously selective in the dispensation of justies.... we still insist u start ur anti corruption drive wit d likes of tinubu, el rufai, amaechi and most predominantly ur northern brothers witout any tendency of sentiment. only den u gain our collective support..... and we shall remember u..

Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by Billygee2u: 4:25am On Nov 02, 2015
Trailblazer1:
Don't worry, we will better remember you as the dullard that took us 50years backwards economically.

Who wants to remember a dullard undecided
Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by Billygee2u: 4:26am On Nov 02, 2015
Akpan107:
This APC led fg may end up being the most corrupt in the history of this country.

the list of his ministers is still baffling some of his supporters.

i wonder the kind of Change the APC meant in the first place, because thing are changing from better to worst.
Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by Billygee2u: 4:27am On Nov 02, 2015
jerseyboy:
Start with Amaechi and Fashola
Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by Billygee2u: 4:27am On Nov 02, 2015
Lurcky:
Well that is completely achievable if you probe former heads of state like Obasanjo, IBB, Abubakar and former Governors like Tinubu, Fashola and Amaechi and stop witch hunting Jonathan.

Then Indeed u ve fought Corruption to a standstill, if what u re saying is not propaganda.
Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by tsdarkside(m): 4:38am On Nov 02, 2015
HungerBAD:
President Muhammadu Buhari says he wants to be remembered as a Nigerian president who fought corruption to a standstill, calling on Nigerians, who are not involved in corruptly enriching themselves with public funds, not to be afraid.

“Slow And Steady”

Seun,Lalasticlala

buhari,will win in 2019 again.many of us may not be happy with his speed,but we all know that,we have nobody else to replace him....
nigerians are scared and desperate...we only trust buhari,because he was already a leader before....me,i dont trust any polithiefian...

they steal and think its a blessing from god...do you realy want to trust someone that thinks like this??..... undecided undecided undecided
Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by tsdarkside(m): 4:46am On Nov 02, 2015
Mutuwa:

Except

hmmm...this is a situation of,thieves calling a fellow thief,thief....i dont like polithiefians.....
Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by NwabuezeWini: 6:57am On Nov 02, 2015
Buhari should stop wasting his time all in d name that he is fighting corruption. Which corruption is he fighting? Or he is attacking the people he doesn't like most esp the PDP. If corruption is what he came to fight in Nigeria then we are in serious trouble cos even America is corrupt and they couldn't fight it. Please Buhari do important thing our economy is crashing, investors are living Nigeria, people are losing there jobs everyday, Life in Nigeria is becoming more difficult. If you want to fight corruption just do it at the way side but let it not be the only thing you will do for 4yrs.
Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by imsuboi(m): 8:43am On Nov 02, 2015
Sibrah:
I appeal to all childish wailers that they give our President the chance to fight corruption as he has said. It will be hard to have another person come on board and give corruption a fight like Buhari would. Let's forget all the APC vs PDP rivalry and allow this man achieve his goal. Even though he had to come on the APC platform, I know we need to soft-pedal our critism of him.
I also want the Buhari admin to focus on building stronger institution that can resist the forces of corruption for a long time to come. He may go after individuals to make a point on the short run, but the institution he leaves behind can be compromised when he is gone.
All those shouting Tinubu and Ameachi should know that corruption as a force in Nigeria knows no party or tribe, the other day it was one "Kolawole" aiding a "Madueke" in concealing loots. Let's give a leader who is truly passionate about positive change a chance and stop the propaganda of 'one chance'

Your first two statements contradict one another.
Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by dwesternmall: 10:16am On Nov 02, 2015
Westernmall Nigeria is hiring.

Westernmall Nigeria Ltd is an online store looking to take over the Nigerian market and offer customers better options in terms of shopping.

We are presently recruting field sales representatives (Genies)... The Starting pay is 40k and attracts handsome commissions for more sales.

interested candidates should send their CV's to ebinum.uyagu@westernmall.co.uk
and make the Subject of the email: GENIE!!!

spread the word... tell a friend.

Regards
Damien
Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by haabimbohlar(f): 10:59am On Nov 02, 2015
............... and so shall it be
Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by tajooks123: 1:51pm On Nov 02, 2015
May God help u
Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by Horus(m): 10:44pm On Nov 05, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Do854bT7fjU

[size=15pt]Buhari: FG Is Unbiased In War Against Corruption [/size]
Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by kingsleyzie: 3:53pm On Jun 24, 2016
My president, human will not certify your pragmatic ways of fighting corruption but God. You've proven that at the mention of your name corruption bow's, indeed the image of the country is being retrieved from corruption. I never regreted voting you because I read about your military adminstration and totally believed that you are the answer to Nigeria's problem. Needless saying it, but sir, every corrupt mind should be dealt with.
Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by Mistermamus(m): 9:42am On Aug 27, 2021
fyneboi79:
Daddy, I will lay down my life for you.
hope bandits never kpai you smh �
Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by fyneboi79(m): 7:42am On Aug 30, 2021
Mistermamus:
hope bandits never kpai you smh �
Them no fit kpai me,but Buhari no be am at all..
Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by SpecialAdviser(m): 7:46am On Aug 30, 2021
Mutuwa:

Except

How market? cheesy grin grin
Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari by OBoy50: 8:46am On Aug 30, 2021
cheesy
You will surely be remembered sir! You have done well...
PRAYER POINT: Any one who voted this grilled statue into power and still speak against him...die by fayayayyayayaya

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Boko Haram Controls Half Of Borno, Says Senator Garbai / Omokri 'Opens' Bank Account For Amaechi, For Nigerians Owing Him To Pay / Fuel Subsidy Return: There Is A Bigger Fraud Being Perpetrated - Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.