Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,026 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

See The Bad State Of Accommodation Given To NYSC Member In Kaduna State(pics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See The Bad State Of Accommodation Given To NYSC Member In Kaduna State(pics (3527 Views)

Okorocha Rejects Appointment Given To His Daughter, Uju Rochas Anwuka By FG / Bad State Of Ariaria International Market In Aba After Heavy Rainfall (Photos) / The Bad State Of The Hospital Alamieyeseigha Died In (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The Bad State Of Accommodation Given To NYSC Member In Kaduna State(pics by stephenduru: 1:44pm On Nov 02, 2015
A National Youth Service Corps, NYSC member serving in Kaduna has lamented the pitiable state of the accommodation offered by the state government which is close to an abandoned building. 

Read the story of the unfortunate youth corper below:

"I’m writing this article on behalf of all Youth Corpers that never or have not been finding Service life easier the way they expected, most especially in some states, PPA in terms of accommodation, Local Govt Inspectors (LI)."

"Life has never been easier at my PPA (Place of primary assignment). I’m a batch A corp member currently serving in Kaduna state."

"I prefer to withhold other details related to my PPA and Local Govt. I solely live on the a N19,800 allowance being provided by the Federal Govt. Each day I wake up, I do count the number of days left for me and I can never and will never spend any extra day because this place is just an eye-sore."

"Most especially the bathroom and my room. Below are pix of where I sleep and you’ll see the seepage of water from the bathroom because its just at the back of my room. What else can I expect from a village?"

"I’ve come to realize that Nigeria is not meant for everybody. It is only meant for the survivors because this is a country where Human Rights aren’t equal. Some will get paid while some wont be paid. Some states pay extra allowance to Corpers while some wont even pay an extra Kobo."

"Congrats to the newly deployed Otondoz. I just want them to know one thing, after loads of wonderful and memorable moments in camp, the rest is up to you to decide. Nobody will care where you lay ur head, what you earn etc even the so-called Local Govt Inspectors that ought to go for inspections at different PPAs so as to check the well-being of Corp members, they only sit back and wait for you to bring your Clearance form. The recently passed out Batch C Corp members at my PPA were just given N2,000 each for their T.fare back to Kaduna town."

"These Corp members were never paid an extra kobo during their 1year of service at their PPA. In addition to that, Kaduna State has stopped paying Corpers the State allowance of  N30,000 at the end of service year".

What a country!Nigeria my country,which way Naija?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Bad State Of Accommodation Given To NYSC Member In Kaduna State(pics by Nobody: 1:45pm On Nov 02, 2015
warris ds shocked

i will just go back to my father's house

is it by force to serve my country, mtcheeeeew

and i will still get a job tongue tongue
Re: See The Bad State Of Accommodation Given To NYSC Member In Kaduna State(pics by flexxyworld(m): 1:47pm On Nov 02, 2015
Still finding it hard too believe it.. Skibo, wait are you kidding me
Re: See The Bad State Of Accommodation Given To NYSC Member In Kaduna State(pics by nikkiking(m): 1:56pm On Nov 02, 2015
Adonbilivit undecided undecided undecided

Baba phyno ehh imana obago, this is nonsense, it is obvious na ha enwiyi conscience, wnannem legodu Ebe awusara umu youth
Re: See The Bad State Of Accommodation Given To NYSC Member In Kaduna State(pics by Nobody: 1:58pm On Nov 02, 2015
Haaaa shocked

This can't be Nigeria.
Re: See The Bad State Of Accommodation Given To NYSC Member In Kaduna State(pics by Nobody: 1:59pm On Nov 02, 2015
Jonathan sef shocked
Re: See The Bad State Of Accommodation Given To NYSC Member In Kaduna State(pics by Lindaspize(f): 2:22pm On Nov 02, 2015
IS DIS 4 REAL....NAIJA I HAIL OOOO,WHEN WILL WE EVER GET TINGS RIGHT BIKO?....LINDASPIZEBLOG...FOR HOTTEST TRENDG NEWS IN NAIJA,CHECK IT OUT.
Re: See The Bad State Of Accommodation Given To NYSC Member In Kaduna State(pics by hkidola00(m): 2:23pm On Nov 02, 2015
subuanalai......op is dis some blogging stunt....or it for d corper for real......cos this place looks likes all this shrine of oranmiyan in ile-ife and dem ibo shrine
Re: See The Bad State Of Accommodation Given To NYSC Member In Kaduna State(pics by stephenduru: 2:33pm On Nov 02, 2015
hkidola00:
subuanalai......op is dis some blogging stunt....or it for d corper for real......cos this place looks likes all this shrine of oranmiyan in ile-ife and dem ibo shrine
Does the corpers' narration appear unreal to u?
Re: See The Bad State Of Accommodation Given To NYSC Member In Kaduna State(pics by 175(m): 3:12pm On Nov 02, 2015
APC authorized this gringrin
Re: See The Bad State Of Accommodation Given To NYSC Member In Kaduna State(pics by jauntty: 3:31pm On Nov 02, 2015
This is crazy... Op., why not get your own accommodation?

That house is dehumanizing

1 Like

Re: See The Bad State Of Accommodation Given To NYSC Member In Kaduna State(pics by DrownedFish: 3:36pm On Nov 02, 2015
@ Op, did they bury your placenta there that you can't spend 10k to get a decent accomodation, continue to save money while you contact avoidable disease.

Sometimes wisdom should guide us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Bad State Of Accommodation Given To NYSC Member In Kaduna State(pics by Brooklynsouth(f): 3:40pm On Nov 02, 2015
It is buari's fault
Re: See The Bad State Of Accommodation Given To NYSC Member In Kaduna State(pics by kingzizzy: 3:43pm On Nov 02, 2015
I can't live in a place like this. If they gave me this as my accommodation, I will just take my things and return to my home state
Re: See The Bad State Of Accommodation Given To NYSC Member In Kaduna State(pics by redsun(m): 3:47pm On Nov 02, 2015
Why should a so-called education person put up with that for even for a minute? That is not fit for even rats.

2 Likes

Re: See The Bad State Of Accommodation Given To NYSC Member In Kaduna State(pics by fullstreets: 3:53pm On Nov 02, 2015
An indecent accommodation is a valid reason for change of PPA, y do u choose to remain dia? All diz guys wey no dey gree run things sef, apart from my discipline which ensured I was kept at state secretariat, commandant n most camp officials were my drinking buddies. Nobody fit carry me go any village.
Re: See The Bad State Of Accommodation Given To NYSC Member In Kaduna State(pics by Nobody: 4:01pm On Nov 02, 2015
What da F is this? embarassed
Re: See The Bad State Of Accommodation Given To NYSC Member In Kaduna State(pics by handie(m): 4:04pm On Nov 02, 2015
Na wa! Op, I feel ur pain. @ d same time, u can improve the situation by renting a room outside. I know u'll say u're surviving on only d NYSC allowance of 19,800, and all such but u're in a rural area and accommodations there will be pretty cheap(won't exceed 1,500 a month). Cut down on some other expenses(recharge cards, beer, e.t.c) and get a decent accommodation.

1 Like

Re: See The Bad State Of Accommodation Given To NYSC Member In Kaduna State(pics by Nobody: 4:16pm On Nov 02, 2015
A people that don't value education...what do you expect
Re: See The Bad State Of Accommodation Given To NYSC Member In Kaduna State(pics by deanoffaculty: 4:17pm On Nov 02, 2015
Chai!!! Even devil sef go fall sick for the kind accommodation.
Re: See The Bad State Of Accommodation Given To NYSC Member In Kaduna State(pics by Nobody: 4:32pm On Nov 02, 2015
Omg... Can't deal... NYSC should be scrapped already!
Re: See The Bad State Of Accommodation Given To NYSC Member In Kaduna State(pics by Mustay(m): 5:50pm On Nov 02, 2015
DrownedFish:
@ Op, did they bury your placenta there that you can't spend 10k to get a decent accomodation, continue to save money while you contact avoidable disease.

Sometimes wisdom should guide us.

Unfortunately, Camp Rules require that he stays AT/IN the camp for the stated duration.
Re: See The Bad State Of Accommodation Given To NYSC Member In Kaduna State(pics by mightyokwy(m): 6:00pm On Nov 02, 2015
osedvgirl:
warris ds shocked

i will just go back to my father's house

is it by force to serve my country, mtcheeeeew

and i will still get a job tongue tongue
Hahahahe, the guy is even lucky to have a place to lay his head. During my own I was told no accomodation and I had to rent an apartment for my self. No be naija, all na service to the nation. Lol grin grin
Re: See The Bad State Of Accommodation Given To NYSC Member In Kaduna State(pics by DrownedFish: 6:16pm On Nov 02, 2015
Mustay:

Unfortunately, Camp Rules require that he stays AT/IN the camp for the stated duration.
that's not an NYSC camp, he went to rent or the school gave him that pigsty and he couldn't reject it and use some of his allawee to get a decent apartment
Re: See The Bad State Of Accommodation Given To NYSC Member In Kaduna State(pics by Nobody: 6:18pm On Nov 02, 2015
Even if you given such,can't u rent another apartment,or still reject your PPA.

In summary,I refuse to believe you are a graduate with brain.
Re: See The Bad State Of Accommodation Given To NYSC Member In Kaduna State(pics by Ofodirinwa: 6:19pm On Nov 02, 2015
disgusting
Re: See The Bad State Of Accommodation Given To NYSC Member In Kaduna State(pics by Mustay(m): 6:22pm On Nov 02, 2015
DrownedFish:
that's not an NYSC camp, he went to rent or the school gave him that pigsty and he couldn't reject it and use some of his allawee to get a decent apartment

My bad. Seen it.

This is a sad development. It will surprise you to know that money for the maintenance of this building will be put in the budget, yet people will spend ill-gotten money thinking they are doing well.

Good thing El-Rufai is a frequent social media user; the way Nigeria is, we are our own government. Tweet this at him cos sometimes, if powers that be are not involved, some people do not know when to play fair.
Re: See The Bad State Of Accommodation Given To NYSC Member In Kaduna State(pics by Mustay(m): 6:23pm On Nov 02, 2015
Yomieluv:
Even if you given such,can't u rent another apartment,or still reject your PPA.

In summary,I refuse to believe you are a graduate with brain.

This is a summary execution - harsh! Anyways, none of my business. It's not always easy to get accommodation quickly. Moreover, we don't know his circumstance or financial status to decide.
Re: See The Bad State Of Accommodation Given To NYSC Member In Kaduna State(pics by DrownedFish: 6:26pm On Nov 02, 2015
Mustay:

My bad. Seen it.

This is a sad development. It will surprise you to know that money for the maintenance of this building will be put in the budget, yet people will spend ill-gotten money thinking they are doing well.

Good thing El-Rufai is a frequent social media user; the way Nigeria is, we are our own government. Tweet this at him cos sometimes, if powers that be are not involved, some people do not know when to play fair.
I'm not blaming the govt rather the Op that put up in that pigsty since accomodation is very cheap in rural areas in the North.

The Op is a Miser and doesn't deserve my pity

1 Like

Re: See The Bad State Of Accommodation Given To NYSC Member In Kaduna State(pics by yhemsy62(m): 6:28pm On Nov 02, 2015
Imagine
Re: See The Bad State Of Accommodation Given To NYSC Member In Kaduna State(pics by oloyedayo(m): 7:57pm On Nov 02, 2015
Op, I served in Kaduna state, ikara lg to be precise. I had to run away for some weeks b4 my accommodation turned to be a bit bearable. I will encourage you to send this pics to your friend who will post all the details cos I know it is against the nysc rule for you to do it yourself. Get a friend to post it on Facebook on your behalf.
Re: See The Bad State Of Accommodation Given To NYSC Member In Kaduna State(pics by dhantey324(m): 8:01pm On Nov 02, 2015
And I was thinking I suffered in Edo state.

(1) (2) (Reply)

In Response To Dr Ben Carson's Slander On Islam. / Full List Of 36 Ministers And Their Portfolios (nigeria 2015) / Strength Conditioning : Civilians Vs Nigerian Army Vs FRSC Vs Navy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.