Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,742 members, 7,809,836 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:43 PM

NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta - Poems For Review (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta (23209 Views)

NPC End Of The Year Thanksgiving Cypher. / NCPC Season 2: Weno & TheScrypt Emerge Winners Of The Renga Fiesta.... / The Roast: An NPC Initiative. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by Divepen1(m): 2:01am On Nov 03, 2015
hhhmmm
hhmmm
Download my book for free at
http://okadabooks.com/book/about/10172#
Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by imohchard(m): 2:55am On Nov 03, 2015
Just what is a poem
Its not random rhymes a rapper fumes
Nor the high vocabs a prof spills
Its the image of my heart
Taken with the pen in my hand
Printed in the sAnds of time

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by chistar01(m): 3:00am On Nov 03, 2015
HOPE

I write this for the weak and hungry

For those who are pissed and angry

Living a life that's filled with misery

I hope you remember life is only but a mystery

Don't give up till the very end

Just believe there's light at the tunnel's end

2 Likes

Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by imohchard(m): 3:04am On Nov 03, 2015
DudE... Am trying to decify your msg, but just like every great poem,only the writer understands it best
Gr8Adedayo:
TITLE- THE WAR WITHIN A DREAMER. (Ademola Oladayo)

There was yet little familiarity between me and this horrible sphere

When two pens loaded with milk shot fertilized dreams in my mouth

Now I'm no more a suckling but a clueless dreamer with a flair

How to plant this dream is vague and in clouds

I feel like an innocent prisoner is struggling within me

The shout of freedom in a whisper
Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by Donjowebs(m): 3:53am On Nov 03, 2015
Looking into yonder, I see the blunder Of today's youth, whose tooth Is only white, for the white collar job Knowing well that the drama Can leave you in a coma An aroma that isn't palatable, when served on the table.
Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by ibnzubair(m): 3:54am On Nov 03, 2015
Happiness I seek from events as this... So much wisdom for entry fees... Bringing together minds alike... To work as one on things we like... We look out for the best amongst the bests... As we all strive to pass this tests...
Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by Trackaprof: 4:43am On Nov 03, 2015
Title: Six lines of Wines

Six glasses of wine, one for each wife of mine.

One for each time i cried, one from each line of wines.

Feast for two or fist of two? for each line i rhyme, for each word i mine.

Hope was renewed, and my strength rekindled in each glass i drank, a glass of wine.

Chaos may ensue, even bomb blasts with its fumes and residue,

With each glass of wine, from my six lines i will dine and be just fine.

Author: Trackaprof grin

2 Likes

Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by highmood(m): 5:21am On Nov 03, 2015
IF ONLY

If only I could find the root

to the branches of your heart

from the seaside where I dream

through the oceans where hopes gleam

I shall tell of a tale

and a beauty yet untold

Author: Highmood

1 Like

Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by Nobody: 5:35am On Nov 03, 2015
winks and what i see..i couldn't believe

my earth...is not what it used to be

the excitement...the village square

the market square and the village scene

all in a quick recess

Have lost taste of a perfect earth

1 Like

Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by kjnr(m): 5:47am On Nov 03, 2015
they said the beauty of lif depend on how happy you made others Life is not all about how hard you strike But how persistance you are in the strike The dream in you? Keep fighting Because it will one cause you keep flying Which some people will just be eyeing. Samuel adamu k-jnr
Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by kjnr(m): 5:50am On Nov 03, 2015
they said the beauty of lif depend on how happy you made others Life is not all about how hard you strike But how persistance you are in the strike The dream in you? Keep fighting Because it will one cause you keep flying Which some people will just be eyeing. Samuel adamu k-jnr
Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by Wisdomkosi(m): 5:52am On Nov 03, 2015
Oh the cold hand of death
Why are you so wicked?
Why do you take the good ones?
Why have you decided to leave the wicked?
And they keep tormenting us?
Oh death Why why why?
Pair me with someone please, I want to participate. Let's go there
Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by Nobody: 6:06am On Nov 03, 2015
(my entrance poem)

BLIND YOUTHS

Oh how youths are easily deceived

With the root of evil you get them so fast

What an elder would see in few seconds

They spend years not even seen

We youths are blind like the morning bat

So the old thieves dont wanna stop deceiving
Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by Josen: 6:06am On Nov 03, 2015
Thick as darkness may be
Glummy, frosty the touch of the dark
Silently it pieces the mind with fear
Sorry hurriedly hung minds with care
With illusions the distance snare
All after these the light of the dawn shine.

1 Like

Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by Redfruit(m): 6:09am On Nov 03, 2015
Dance lush queen dance
For this is your time to shine
Am sure, i can feel it
the throne is yours to sit

This is just a freestyle oooo......Texanomaly, for over a year i tried joining the poet club but nobody admitted me
Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by darniejay(m): 6:15am On Nov 03, 2015
Life is a short trip
every traveller longs for success
some make it and others fail
if success is what we desire
then hard work is the seed
prayers waters our seed
Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by essay7(m): 6:19am On Nov 03, 2015
llaykorn:
Introduction:

The Nairaland Poetry Club
is here again with it's second edition of the Nairaland Collaborative Poetry Competition: a challenge created to keep this part of the literature section alive, and to promote team work among Nairaland poets. This year's is a slightly upgraded version of last year's (where the duo of Royver and Krystalxx proved themselves to be the best competitors) as all our finalists will be made to write rengas, hence earning this season of the contest it's alternate name: The Renga Fiesta.

Guidelines:

1. Two poets shall be paired randomly to write together and submit a single poem of any theme.

2. The poem may be submitted by either of the poets,
provided that every verse/stanza written shall have the
name of the poet who wrote the verse at the top of it.

3. The competition shall be of two rounds. All genres and styles of poetry of a maximum of 60 lines shall be accepted in the first round. All poems exceeding 60 lines shall not be accepted

4. At the end of the first round, fourteen (14) of the best poets (7 pairs) shall proceed to the next stage where rengas will be submitted. The winning pair of poets will emerge from these seven (7).

5. Our impeccable judges shall follow the outline below to
grade all submitted poems in the first round:

i. Organization/Structure (20 marks)

ii. Poetic Devices: (20 marks)

iii. Grammatical Accuracy: (20 marks)

iv. Strength Of Mood / Emotional Intensity (20 marks)

v. Analysis (20 marks)

Obtainable Total: 100 marks

- This outline shall be followed to grade all poems in the second round:

i. Compliance To Renga Rules (50 marks)

ii. Grammatical Accuracy (20 marks)

iii. Poetic Devices (20 marks)

iv. Organization/Structure (10 marks)

Obtainable Total: 100 marks

6. Your analysis - preferably brief and concise - should be submitted with the poems.

7. Registration will close on Sunday, the 8th of November and pairings will be done on Sunday, the 8th of November. A total of 5 (five) days will be awarded to the paired poets to work together as the first round submissions will be made on Friday, the 13th of November. Our judges will score the submitted pieces on the Saturday and Sunday, the 14th and 15th of November. The 7 pairs of poets who move on to the next stage will on Monday, the 16th of November be awarded another 5 days to work together and bring their rengas to our judges' table by the end of Friday, the 20th of November. The winning pair of poets will be announced on Sunday, the 22nd of November.

8. Previously published poems, whether electronically or otherwise will not be accepted. All submissions will be checked for plagiarism. Posters of plagiarized or previously published pieces will be disqualified from the competition and banned from Nairaland.

9. Scores by judges for all pairs of contestants will be added together to obtain their total scores for both rounds of the competition.

Eligibility:

1. Be a member of Nairaland.
2. Submit in the comment box a six (6) line poem. That is your entry fee.

Judges:

A team of six (6) accomplished poets and poetry teachers have volunteered their time to put fairness to use in judging the submitted pieces. Three (3) will judge the first round, and the other three (3) will be judges of the second round of the competition.

Prizes:

A sum of 6,000 naira each for the winning pair.
A sum of 4,000 naira each for the runner-ups.

Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by Smartlife(m): 6:20am On Nov 03, 2015
Title : Another day

As I slept off sadly on the bed thinking
I see myself in another world full of gazing
Oh what a world, I ask myself smiling
Full of energy, fun and loving
It felt like a real world with no pains
Smiles, fun filling with no fears

Then I can feel the sun shining
Heating up my skin without stopping
Beep beep beep beep beeping
That's the song of my alarm screaming

Woke up with a shock looking
Now realizing its another day waiting
Thinking of the past world and realizing,
That a fantasy man like me was dreaming.

Composed by Smartlife.
Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by edygistvilla(m): 6:21am On Nov 03, 2015
You have come from Africa
to sit in struggled Limbo and shoot your word gun,
to witness in single file, a family of humans,
destroyed as common vermin, and from their dead
old bones, you have come to see asteroids dawn,
with bolted hot fate and rare skills.
Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by Samoranopapa(m): 6:23am On Nov 03, 2015
The fearful Stranger
What an opportunity to die
He took a stroll into Nigeria
No handshaking with friends
No hugging loved ones
No sitting to close to people.

What an opportunity to count the days to leave
Nigeria
People are scared to die
Bitterkola turns gold
Salt becomes star
People takes bath 85times in a week.

What an opportunity to stop seeing the face of the
bad leaders on T.V
Bush meat sellers in trouble
Squirrels and Rabbit are holding thanks given
services
Church revivals postponed
Holy Communion are cancelled.

what an opportunity to stop seeing the face of a
bad Governor on screen
Pastor stop laying hands on their sheeps
viewing centre in Dormant
National debate postponed
Bilateral talk Adjourned.

What an opportunity to have rest of mind
Hand sanitizer on high demand
commercial bus face low patronage
masses are afraid of using public phones
It is overspread than its ability.
Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by Dawinlove(m): 6:25am On Nov 03, 2015
Is this the changes we want? When we keep on killing our brothers Sacrificing our precious land to death Vandalising our natural resources due to poverty Blaming our leaders and God for our deeds The change should be you and I
Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by PopeExplicit(m): 6:29am On Nov 03, 2015
Let all battalions respond to the call of the sage

With their pin-pointed weapons

Armors of truth; protect this blank page

Before lie's ammunitions come on.

O Ye soldiers, show forth your prowess

Your brains; release it to the land of the best
Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by oyetunder(m): 6:30am On Nov 03, 2015
In the of the night, A light woke me up. I looked all around, I did not see the moon, I saw no artificial lamps- Powered by mains...
Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by Diamondwriter(m): 6:36am On Nov 03, 2015
The wind hisses and water wails. Earth's hope dangles on but a rail. Mothers cry and fathers pale. Apparently armageddon is not a tale. Divine army struts and arrows rain. Verily there is darkness in the land.
Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by Nobody: 6:40am On Nov 03, 2015
THE UN-REOPERATED SOUL

He spoke like my father.
But he was a lion.
Pada, Pada, Pada.
He drove death's dirty iron,
Into the the centre of my soul's ear.
And now it's diseased, too shattered to shed a tear.
Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by Olusharp(m): 6:42am On Nov 03, 2015
I have tasted water and blood,
my ship has sailed on both,
which can drown a boat ,
since blood flows in my vein
I,my sheeps will sail on my ship
that flows on blood than sail in vain on water that can wreck my ship..

the end...
family over friends

1 Like

Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by fikki1: 6:45am On Nov 03, 2015
Lets lay here,
where our heart beat is all we could hear,
panting, making the tune dat we bear,
the heat, making it so gleaming and clear,
just you and i,
where no one could come near......

1 Like

Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by midehi2(f): 6:48am On Nov 03, 2015
Laveda:
Llaykorn I don't think I'm strong enough for this grin
is that you on your profile?...damn gosh!
Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by Chrizoby(m): 6:48am On Nov 03, 2015
My thought swerves like the waves of the sea. Clouded n confused there is nothing to see. Hw dare u change in a tinkle of an eye. You who trembles n shivers when I'm near. Alas! something is lurking gruesomely in the dark. And because of my feelings my vision now is black.
Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by Chrizoby(m): 6:52am On Nov 03, 2015
My thought swerves like the waves of the sea. Clouded n confused there is nothing to see. Hw dare u change in a tinkle of an eye. You who trembles n shivers when I'm near. Alas! something is lurking gruesomely in the dark. And because of my feelings my vision now is black.
Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by Nobody: 6:53am On Nov 03, 2015
Laveda:
JIGSAWKILLAH
I want to feel the softness of your tongue against mine And our mouths sealed together as our legs interwine I want to feel you slide into me hard and warm And my heart tighten as the next moan forms I just want to rip off your clothes I'm overwhelmed
This one took me away ... it reminded me the few moments I lived within me.
Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by JustKeen(m): 6:56am On Nov 03, 2015
O ye journeyman spare a penny for the beggar... nay, spare a thought for his miseries Crumbs for meals.. shanties for abode a gaunt figure.. with weary bones for support Eyes sunken in despair but they still see that this life isn't fair

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Rhymes / The Last Monkey In Idanre / What If I Am A Black Woman?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.