Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,038 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta - Poems For Review (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta (23240 Views)

NPC End Of The Year Thanksgiving Cypher. / NCPC Season 2: Weno & TheScrypt Emerge Winners Of The Renga Fiesta.... / The Roast: An NPC Initiative. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by Nobody: 9:58am On Nov 03, 2015
midehi2:

i dont think its you cos you cant post such; that thing doesn't look like real bwest sef

If u dnt believe that's real then u dnt have any on ur chest
Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by shizzy7(f): 10:01am On Nov 03, 2015
My poem is about Children...
**thinking **

A gem is born, prayers roll in
So innocent and pure, looking so stunning,
lovely songs mum& granny keeps humming,
Every second, the starlight keeps shining,
Family ensuring the flower keeps blooming
Oh, I want to stop growing

3 Likes

Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by Nobody: 10:05am On Nov 03, 2015
Outcried an arch in bluff

All these not enough?

Despising too, 'only' said

"albeit, ye not dismayed"

now, move, look closer

see her fruits more lower!

1 Like

Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by Nobody: 10:06am On Nov 03, 2015
Hi guys.
I actually wrote a poem now and was thinking of posting it on nairaland. ALAS! when i got here i saw this thread and i decided to drop just some piece from it since i was permitted to use six lines.
That poem is talking about Nigeria and when God was creating her and her citizenry.
u can imagine an archangel questioned God on how he could give the land so much fertility and natural resources. Amazingly God answered the angel to 'look' at the caliber of the people he is putting in the land to govern it.
Guys, i cant wait to drop the full poem on here. let me know what u think about the poem and yes! im in for the competition too.
don't forget to let me know about the one i dropped above. I really take delight at people criticizing my work. THANKS

...... drabeey
Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by Threedots(m): 10:07am On Nov 03, 2015
THANK YOU

all for questioning my soul and its flesh,
like its easy to piss on heaven
and forget the whispers of death.

I appear in the nightmare of gods
and every of my word is as real as it gets,

but i'm nothing. Just a concept, Oblivion!!!

1 Like

Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by Nobody: 10:08am On Nov 03, 2015
Laveda:
You're a fool, can't you mind your business? Who are you to tell me what to post on Nl? You better stop typing trash with those leprous fingers into my mentions

_retard.
Am not a fool, am just trying to help a fellow citizen to make Nigeria a better place for our future generation ..
Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by Chuksab: 10:19am On Nov 03, 2015
A beautiful Tuesday morning it was
As usual, Oshodi Oshodi, chorused the Conductor
That is the usual symphony in Lagos

Many throng into the parked bus
Not knowing it was "one chance" cum abductor
The dare devils in Lagos.

--------
pmchuks@gmail.com

2 Likes

Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by vickers95(m): 10:54am On Nov 03, 2015
I saw it happening, saw the thunder start clapping
The stars burned out charing as the sun then blackened
 I saw it spread out like arms of a kraken
 I saw the prophet dying saying "You people should have hearkened!"
 I saw the doom sweeping the world away like a broom
 I saw the blood of the innocent rising up towards the sky like fumes.

3 Likes

Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by fikki1: 11:02am On Nov 03, 2015
Like the rain fall
it comes down hard and bombed

like the rain thundered
you can hear it sound hard with murder

like the mud
you can see the pieces it brought with the blood

i lay, far away, shivering in dismay,
i wondered why it turns this way

it was once peaceful
we all together, we mingle..

now, we speak thunder, utter words with fire, beaming with neighbours crying...

when will it rain gently again..
thunder strikes but without any pain
when will the smile be it real again
when will i see you with my eyes shut

when will the rain fall again?

2 Likes

Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by BlueScholar(m): 11:06am On Nov 03, 2015
Today was a good day I woke before the morning crawl
Walk out the bed instead Of the usual crawl
Logged in to nairaland And I was asked if I want To dust off my pen YES!!!!!!!!
Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by HOLYSEE(m): 11:20am On Nov 03, 2015
Why am I here, is it to live or die
Yet lords we are called,truth or lie
Tell me what to believe, to ask is wrong
I guess not but in courage of a song
I will slap chest in the brevity of king-kong
Why am i here, I can't seem to face-tie

1 Like

Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by Nobody: 11:22am On Nov 03, 2015
I looked up to the sky The sun brimming with exuberance I can get higher than that and its not a lie I can't be stopped..gravity is no resistance Yeah I'll need a lot help from one who is above all So I look to the hills to one who answers when I call

1 Like

Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by Nobody: 11:22am On Nov 03, 2015
I looked up to the sky The sun brimming with exuberance I can get higher than that and its not a lie I can't be stopped..gravity is no resistance Yeah I'll need a lot help from one who is above all So I look to the hills to one who answers when I call

Sorry what's Renga?

1 Like

Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by IGITee(m): 11:22am On Nov 03, 2015
Boom!/Boom!
A conflagration, Boom! In our nation, Doom Our strength and Inspiration, Gloom A great deep Realization, Looms In our Foundation, Blooms Our Resurrection, Boom!
...IGIT!!!

1 Like

Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by olowo72(m): 11:39am On Nov 03, 2015
Youth don't play fools
To political tools
Sleep not, on nairaland
So awake and till the land
To get income and unequivocal respite
For no man, will offer you his sprite.

1 Like

Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by VanTee20(m): 11:39am On Nov 03, 2015
phemmziey:

Sorry what's Renga?
Google is your friend my brother..
Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by Nobody: 11:44am On Nov 03, 2015
Hours of trekking under the sun

Hours of searching for the next turn

Hours of praying to be the lucky one

Hopes and aspirations begins to burn

But as a soldier, I must carry on

Shooting bullets of my resume into every organization

4 Likes

Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by sHorcWaiv(m): 11:45am On Nov 03, 2015
As Kids we hoped and prayed, That the times we had fun and played, Should have stayed, Or at least could be replayed, But Like the tides and waves, One day we all shall fade.
Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by april4mee(m): 12:09pm On Nov 03, 2015
though am new here, let me try my hands on this.

got home last night
xoxoxoxo tired!
like engaging Gr8adebayo in a fight
y'all know with what he was wired!

slept like a log
only to wake up to 96missedcalls!
Jezz! did i sleep this long?
serves me right, wasn't i the funlord?

Damn! am late! ...cant wait
breakfast? not me! yam porridge/porridgeyam whatever!
tunning on my radio..stereo fm.25
discovered my minutes were less than 5

last night was about the funniest
and today? its about to be the ugliest
am about to miss a flight
haven't i chewed more than i could bite?

departure lougn just in time to hear the announcer of flight 007
there seated were my 69 missed callers wearing cutesmiles on thier faces.
barcaboi,danbrown.emaculate.joseph.texanimaly.lavenda. jigsawkiller. timpaker. imanuelle. rey ginus. slidewaxies. unclejay. obizeal.wadasco.emyemyberry.stoucal.acesoul.teeowl.firestar.brytawon. divinepen.tintinoty.ferdinandu.babyface and.....the list goes.

Hurry up! we have a flight to catch
and... rainiscoming!
all heads turned in that direction
only to be greeted by her beautiful voice- lady f!

all said and done,
boom! we took off
enroute ilaykorn's poetry renga fiesta
friends4ever
bys!

in case you haven't realised it yet, i just played with the names of almost everybody on this thread.

this name "ilovetoto" i couldn't use it. it just wouldn't fit into my story. lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by Laveda(f): 12:10pm On Nov 03, 2015
WarRLaY:
Am not a fool, am just trying to help a fellow citizen to make Nigeria a better place for our future generation ..
Nigeria can't be a better place when we have people like you who insults anyhow and can't respect himself

Learn not to poke your nose in people's affairs. .

Cheers.
Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by Nobody: 12:24pm On Nov 03, 2015
When logic fails
When philosophy is considered dead
When science can no longer observe
The debate derails
Theology has the answer;
"The God of the gaps".
Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by Laveda(f): 12:33pm On Nov 03, 2015
midehi2:

i dont think its you cos you cant post such; that thing doesn't look like real bwest sef
Not real? Lol I can handle my boobs and take that pic lol
Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by barcaboi(m): 12:44pm On Nov 03, 2015
april4mee:
though am new here, let me try my hands on this.

got home last night
xoxoxoxo tired!
like engaging Gr8adebayo in a fight
y'all know with what he was wired!

slept like a log
only to wake up to 96missedcalls!
Jezz! did i sleep this long?
serves me right, wasn't i the funlord?

Damn! am late! ...cant wait
breakfast? not me! yam porridge/porridgeyam whatever!
tunning on my radio..stereo fm.25
discovered my minutes were less than 5

last night was about the funniest
and today? its about to be the ugliest
am about to miss a flight
haven't i chewed more than i could bite?

departure lougn just in time to hear the announcer of flight 007
there seated were my 69 missed callers wearing cutesmiles on thier faces.
barcaboi,danbrown.emaculate.joseph.texanimaly.lavenda. jigsawkiller. timpaker. imanuelle. rey ginus. slidewaxies. unclejay. obizeal.wadasco.emyemyberry.stoucal.acesoul.teeowl.firestar.brytawon. divinepen.tintinoty.ferdinandu.babyface and.....the list goes.

Hurry up! we have a flight to catch
and... rainiscoming!
all heads turned in that direction
only to be greeted by her beautiful voice- lady f!

all said and done,
boom! we took off
enroute ilaykorn's poetry renga fiesta
friends4ever
bys!

in case you haven't realised it yet, i just played with the names of almost everybody on this thread.

this name "ilovetoto" i couldn't use it. it just wouldn't fit into my story. lol
damnn.....u rock boss.....you shd be battling Vector and co

1 Like

Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by speeder(m): 12:49pm On Nov 03, 2015
[i][/i]THE BROKEN TAPE

It was, No. It seems to be the happiest of her days

A smile on her face adores

The silk like the rainbow looked

The gentle Joe in his house confined.

It came from no where

It refused to stop

Blood on the ground flowed

Jessica! Jessica! Joe called out

A month has gone by

She, on a tyred chair seated

Staring into the cloudless sky

To find meaning air that flowed

The illumination of happiness gone

The feeling of companionship vaporized

Left he did. The aura he hated

The only love received now comes from Mother

She cried and cried...

He whom she had loved with her ALL

She cringed to her mother's breast

The handkerchief on her face wiped.

The morning sun was so good

The body was so cold, so cold for a living being

Mother cried and cried

Jessica! Jessica! She moaned.

"Mom I'm sorry" on the note written

Very bereaved she became. The life in her gone soon.

Mom did not read what in the back of the note written

Joe read it.

Joe burnt it. And to this day no one knows what was written there

Joe's life has been..... Since the day he read it. [left]
Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by Nobody: 1:08pm On Nov 03, 2015
Laveda:
Nigeria can't be a better place when we have people like you who insults anyhow and can't respect himself

Learn not to poke your nose in people's affairs. .

Cheers.
Bea, I never insulted you, but u insulted me instead, am just trying to be a good citizen of which I decided to correct ur ways, it's my business, it's our business, I don't want you to end up becoming a nuisance to the community that can influence the coming generation in a bad way.. sex is good, but don't be obese with it,make it private, u ain't a dog
Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by israelboy1(m): 1:09pm On Nov 03, 2015
I thought i had it all without a doubt,
thinking i could do it all without a gout,
aiming for the best...,
Far away from the rest,
here i am now,
thinking, will i have to contest?

4 Likes

Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by razz0: 1:39pm On Nov 03, 2015
All I want to do is change the world.

Just when I think I have learned the way to live, life changes.

Change is such hard work.

The more things change; the more they're the same.

To change what you get you must change who you are.

Change is constant.

# Dr.Razzo
Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by Burger01(m): 2:00pm On Nov 03, 2015
israelboy1:
I thought i had it all without a doubt,
thinking i could do it all without a gout,
aiming for the best...,
Far away from the rest,
here i am now,
thinking, will i have to contest?
Nice smiley
Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by Orjhong(f): 2:06pm On Nov 03, 2015
Every morning your favourite tea I brew,
days spent waiting for the stranger I once knew,
evening's drinking to the promises that were once true,
the perfect ending for one, an empty bed for the other,
I belong to you but you have chosen another,
Who would have thought I could live without my lover.

5 Likes

Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by yuzjet(m): 2:10pm On Nov 03, 2015
#CountingDownRightAboutNow......... wink
Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by oracle009(m): 2:45pm On Nov 03, 2015
The heat here sef is much #fans himself.... I'm amazed at d crops of poet Nigeria has, all to herself...dis country is selfish o. y not hand some poets over to poor countries like USA, Canada and so on

I must confess, u guys are bomb. Itz been aeons since I witnessed such a diversity of poetic genres. kip it up naija!
Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by Osasnidas(m): 3:07pm On Nov 03, 2015
Each Passin Day Brngs Mor Reason To Say Dat U Ar A Gift

, Al My Burdens U Helped MeTo Lift,

I Wud B In A Rift

Or Som Cliff Waitin 2 Fal Off Wit D Tiniest Earth Shift,

Without U I Wud B Thrown Of My Feet

, God Knws WereI Wud Find Myself If U Hadnt Been Dere 2 Kip Me Fit..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Rhymes / The Last Monkey In Idanre / What If I Am A Black Woman?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.