Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry (19859 Views)

Quitting My Lucrative Job For A Degree In Canada / Quitting My Bank Job And Travelling To Canada For MSC, The Right Move ?? / Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by iamclime(m): 8:08am On Nov 04, 2015
Kind of brings to mind Lighthouse Family: "It's always the same, at the end of the day/You always want what you haven't got."

1 Like

Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by Schoolhike: 8:08am On Nov 04, 2015
UNILORIN SCHOOL FEE HIKE.
When shall will stop extorting ourselves?
Good day all Unilorites, i am writing this piece in a state of disappointment. 29th May 2015 remains a day of history in this country of ours as a new Sheriff (as our president is called) came to town. The president brought his change agenda and coincidentally our mini government on campus (SU) adopted and modified it to Positive change. This I felt was a good initiative.
With d adoption of TSA of the federal Government, we discovered our School fees was reduced and we all were in a joyous mood chanting Praises of Buhari but surprisingly, within 48 hrs all was history. A compulsory levy of 7000 naira was added to the school fees with 5000 for school WiFi and 2000 for sweat shirt, which is to be paid to a separate bank account different from TSA.
Now I ask myself, is this the idea of Positive change? Why are the students grumbling and not bold enough to confront the people they voted in? This is an Institution that has a President with his cabinet, Senate President with other senators. Were they voted in to just appoint committees and collect salaries? Of what use is the school WiFi to students staying off campus? Students of social science faculty and Arts Faculty have no access to the WiFi and you expect them to pay for this. Majority of we students have our modems that we subscribe on at our convenience and yet you made the WiFi which it is sure will not be accessible during academic period compulsory for us. Seriously this is 1st Grade extortion. We all want the real positive change and not a positive change on social media or papers. The entire Unilorin say no to compulsory payment for WiFi, it should be a thing of interest and not mandatory. SU President and CEC members, Senate President and the council, this is where we need you people to represent us, give us the true example of the Positive change you preach. "Economic Justice can be won by free men through free enterprise". #saynotobandwithpayment.
Signed: A concerned UNILORITE
# copied.
Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by 4tunebest(f): 8:09am On Nov 04, 2015
I would have quit my very good job too (i felt the work load was too much) & ended up in a similar situation but for the priceless guidance from my husband. I stayed back & am enjoying it at last

***I know this is out of context, but everything I am & will ever be, I owe it to God & my husband.***

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by Nobody: 8:09am On Nov 04, 2015
Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by Nobody: 8:10am On Nov 04, 2015
Thick crust Female floral sneakers. Size:37. Free delivery in Lagos. Bbm pin: 2B677CA7.

Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by Ephemmm: 8:11am On Nov 04, 2015
Jollyjoy:
Op tell the kinda job you resigned from,what motivated you to resign,the new job,the tougher job,

i dnt even understand the story..

You self dey believe this cock and bull fabricated story? Imagine, someone resigned from a job without having a clear cut direction of the next job and salary to be received.

1 Like

Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by 123papas(m): 8:12am On Nov 04, 2015
take heart
Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by moses425: 8:16am On Nov 04, 2015
Fu*ck you
Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by mildflame: 8:17am On Nov 04, 2015
Kockane:

This guy is the devil. Don't listen to him!
This one is the "YES Sir", "YES Sir " type listen 2him n U may never achieve Ur POTENTIALS. I admire ur courage OP the experience makes u a BETTER person

"

1 Like

Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by F22RAPTOR(m): 8:17am On Nov 04, 2015
MaverickExcel1:
Never for once did I imagine that quitting my job will make me cry. About four weeks ago I quit form my job because of some irreconcilable differences I had with the organization.

It was a big shock to the organization because the resignation letter came impromptu. I don’t know if I was thinking that morning but I had to do what was on my mind that fateful morning.

Though, I had spoken with my best friend earlier that morning who discouraged me from quitting but my mind was made up already.

The next day I applied at another organization where my mother had told me there was vacancy. And after the rigorous test and oral interview, I emerged as the best candidate; in fact, I was given the position higher than the one I had applied for.

But…

When I was told the arduous terms and conditions that will qualify me as a staff, I almost threw up (not literally).

I went back home feeling so frustrated but this experience was not the one that made me cry. After, about two weeks, I was approached by a lady (my neighbor actually) to come work for her saying I was really smart.

Finally, my prayer has been answered, I thought to myself. On reaching there, I was told what shocked me to my teeth but I acted as if everything was ok.

The salary was ridiculous.

Another shock was when I was shown the work I’ll be doing (which I love anyway) but the amount of work compared to what she agreed to pay was unbelievable. After, the work that day I felt really stressed out.

When I got home I cried until my eyeballs yelled for mercy because it just occurred to me that where I was working before I was paid higher than what I’m about to be paid even with a lesser work.

The work in this present organization is three times more than what I am doing here.

Though I cried a lot and regretted over why I left the previous organization, I learnt really valuable lessons that I think will benefit a lot of entrepreneurs and employers out there.

Moral Lessons:

Always be contented:

It was my discontentment (oh Lord forgive me) that made me leave my former organization because I wanted more. Little did I know that I was actually in the best position.

Always be contented with what you have, no matter how trivial.

Be patient:

The patient dog always eat the fattest bone. Don’t be in a haste to achieve your dreams.

Stop complaining:

Never complain to others or feel overly agitated over your present condition. My agitation led to impatience which led to discontentment.

Appreciate your boss:

Always appreciate the ‘peanut’ your boss is giving you because he also has bills to pay. So, if you can’t work for him, start your own business.

Don’t be too quick to make decisions:

It’s always best to think over a matter over and over again before making a crucial decision. Think before you act but don’t act before you think.

I hope you have learnt from my mistake?

Experience is not always the best teacher because you won’t live long enough to make all the mistakes in the world.

Has this happened to you before? Share your experience with us. we love to hear from you.

http://maverickexcel.com/how-quitting-my-job-made-me-cry/
sorry you had to go through this. but quitting my last job was the best decision i ever made. i was abused emotionally and verbally week in week out by 'senior staff' with very low self esteem, i wasn't only under paid, i wasn't even paid for months. unfortunately I couldn't get back at them due to ethics and code of conduct. Reported to the main man, he blamed me and says i should suck up to them. if i had stayed any longer, i would have had hbp at a very young age. a month later its another job with great opportunities. So old boss starts to send people to me to talk me back but no way. hell no.

2 Likes

Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by kilokeys(m): 8:19am On Nov 04, 2015
Well, i just resigned. Waiting till the last day.

No regrets.

Dunno why u are beating urself up.

Something in you didn't agree with what was going on.

If u left frying pan to fire.. Does that mean the frying pan was super comfortable?

U have made your point.. The next person taking your job might be treated better..

Prior to this job, I have been out of job for about 3 yrs.. So i now how joblessness feels.. I am prayerful but ready, got experience along side..

Wake up to the real world and take charge of ur life

5 Likes

Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by tolexy007(m): 8:19am On Nov 04, 2015
angry
Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by ekemini606: 8:27am On Nov 04, 2015
I feel u sister. Everyone suffers from the grass is greener on the other side syndrome. Always compare note with others. What I have learnt in this world, is that people lie a lot. Many for the purpose of keeping appearance will tell u how cute their job is_ making u feel you have the most shiitty job in the world..(permitted my term)..but in truth yours might actually be better.

Thank God you saw the lesson. Its the most important part of all this. And like you said, this may be Gods way of teaching you contentment.

Cheer up! And see the positives in all of this.

1 Like

Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by gunuvi(m): 8:28am On Nov 04, 2015
Kockane:

This guy is the devil. Don't listen to him!
Angel amaechi how market. Abeg go and heed to oshiomole advice immediately

1 Like

Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by Nobody: 8:36am On Nov 04, 2015
As my friend will alway say " A bird at hand is the same in the bush"

1 Like

Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by YuckFou: 8:40am On Nov 04, 2015
Jollyjoy:

i just read your moniker aloud my frnd thought am referring to hercheesycheesy cheesycheesy

youaremad...like seriously

Read my moniker to her. Transpose the F and Y.
Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by saintfizzo(m): 8:42am On Nov 04, 2015
I disagree..... don't get too comfortable with ur current status, that's where the word MEDIOCRITY came from.

If I were you, I'm not done exploring, I go further wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by Nobody: 8:43am On Nov 04, 2015
I have this perception about life nothing happens just like that...heaven controls time n space so at this particular point that is where your destiny wants you to be, so take it and be happy and pray about it cos every wilderness leads to a cannan land. Also, I made a similar decision leaving a 6 digit private sector job for a government job below the 6 digit. Trust me I don't regret it even though there are times I feel I miss in terms of cash considering FG computer crash excuses of delayed salaries

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by femi4: 8:54am On Nov 04, 2015
youaremad:

what's wrong with yu?

I'm a good girl.

.don't bring trouble
A man is behind this moniker
Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by tunde1200(m): 8:55am On Nov 04, 2015
Always do your own work well.
Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by Nobody: 9:04am On Nov 04, 2015
all i hear is cry... cry... cry... are you a baby? does crying solve a problem?

1 Like

Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by akaystum: 9:12am On Nov 04, 2015
BRT BUSES CAUSES GRIDLOCK ALONG EKO BRIDGE (PHOTO)

Check details on http://www.toopcity.com -- Front Page Topics
Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by Bflexing(m): 9:16am On Nov 04, 2015
Thanks, that was really helpful
Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by joedams: 9:18am On Nov 04, 2015
Stop whining dude. you and I know that it was never gonna be easy getting a new job. am sure you knew that the economy was on a slide, and quitting your job meant that you were ready to face the consequences. dust yourself up man and do what real men do....grind hard. [color=#990000][/color] angry

1 Like

Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by olutunde12(m): 9:18am On Nov 04, 2015
gassdon:
As my friend will alway say " A bird at hand is the same in the bush"

But there are some places of work where it is impossible to get another job without first quiting. I am very sure of this. No one needs to say no. Now the question is, Will somebody continue to be sad and develop hbp because he wants to respect the bird in his hand?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by Nobody: 9:19am On Nov 04, 2015
cry cry baby.......You've learnt your lesson be careful on how you take decisions.much care
Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by engrjacuzzi: 9:21am On Nov 04, 2015
youaremad.........always doing like a man person.
Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by amicable09(f): 9:32am On Nov 04, 2015
You are right ekemini about people and lies. Seriously, I've seen the effect of bad counsel from lying people, only for me to heed their counsel and regret later. Some people are just bad...

I love the way this thread is progressing by the way. Looking like a debate already cheesy. When should one quit?

1 Like

Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by Missonas(f): 9:35am On Nov 04, 2015
Its well dear. You have realised your mistake which is the best part.Dont dwell on it.Move on im sure God made you go through all that for a reason.Trust him!
Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by Nobody: 9:40am On Nov 04, 2015
Sorry. Stop crying, you hear??

But seriously, I think you ain't mentally tough enough. That's explains the quitting of the job and the crying.

1 Like

Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by chccho(m): 9:41am On Nov 04, 2015
how interesting, i also had this same experience last year i was frustrated with my job and i just felt i didnt belong there anymore so i came up with a fantastic biz idea everything was well planned and upon resigning my job am entitled to a tangible amount of money which i had already planned to use as capital for my biz..Unfortunately up until this very moment that i speak, not 1kobo has been paid by my last employer.
This was when i realised that i made a great mistake,after 2-3months of resigning i didnt even have money to recharge my fone anymore!!!!
But thank God he opened a new door for me though i still havent been paid by last employer..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Friendship Goals: 7 Female Friends Qualify As Medical Doctors In South Africa / What Does It Cost To Write ICAN Exams From PE1 To PE2 ? / MOUAU Sacks Additional 370 Staff. See Picture Of The Letter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.