Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,060 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry (19858 Views)

Quitting My Lucrative Job For A Degree In Canada / Quitting My Bank Job And Travelling To Canada For MSC, The Right Move ?? / Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by Elle277(f): 9:44am On Nov 04, 2015
Noted..thanks for sharing!
Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by Nobody: 9:45am On Nov 04, 2015
This almost happened to me.

I left my high paying consultancy job for a[b] "supposed"[/b] Managerial position in Spectranet Limited. However, on getting there, I found out that while the position states you are indeed a Manager, the role is that you have to be on the field 24*7 looking for sales.

No office. Nothing.
Indians heaping pressures on me and breathing down my neck .
And to add insult to injury, I was OUTSOURCED to another company.

Chai !!!

I almost cried. Help came after 2 months as I was able to secure a better job with a frontline e-commerce company.

Moral: Before leaving the comfy of that your job for "greener pastures", do your investigation and due diligence very well. Sometimes, the green grass at the other side may actually be fake when you step on it.
Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by kelvyn7: 9:46am On Nov 04, 2015
Another lesson

*don't ever quit ur current job when u have not yet finalized and sure abt a new job
Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by flinton(m): 9:50am On Nov 04, 2015
I was once in this kind of situation, we made lots of money for the outfit only to be paid peanuts, I wasn't happy. When opportunity to resign presented itself, I speedily grabbed it, not knowing I was about falling from grace to grass. I fell ,I got a plc where everyfin was not just goin right, I refused to complain after learning my first lesson lest I fall from grass to dust. I learnt my lesson, Providence later blessed me with a better job, way better than the previous two. I am grateful for d lessons I learnt

1 Like

Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by Sigo86(m): 10:02am On Nov 04, 2015
Sorry OP... I quitted my factory Job last year september... Bt av not got another job... i've no regret @all cos any1 dat has experienced factory work 4once won't blame me 4my action.... 2yrs nd 6months in d factory no be beans @all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by Tamakay(m): 10:06am On Nov 04, 2015
A case of reality defeating pride. I really feel for you but I enjoy the lessons more.
Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by chccho(m): 10:24am On Nov 04, 2015
Its a good thing u "quitted" that job
Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by queenfav(f): 10:37am On Nov 04, 2015
Kockane:

This guy is the devil. Don't listen to him!
nairaland no go kill me with laugh..abeg make una leave me..My thoughts exactly..warri go say "a bird in hand is the very bird,hol am tight o,because nothing dey bush".
Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by queenfav(f): 10:44am On Nov 04, 2015
amicable09:
You are right ekemini about people and lies. Seriously, I've seen the effect of bad counsel from lying people, only for me to heed their counsel and regret later. Some people are just bad...

I love the way this thread is progressing by the way. Looking like a debate already cheesy. When should one quit?
You are right o..Some friends will lie about their salary and working conditions just to make you feel bad about your life.I have learnt to keep my eyes on my life abeg.You listen to people at times you wil make a lot of mistakes.
Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by decountof(m): 10:52am On Nov 04, 2015
best to look for a job is when you already have one.......i experience that same situation,i had to go back to my previous employer and was even paid for the months i did not work for,.....lesson is if any new company is not willing to pay 3times my current salary m not jumping ship....i would rather start my own business with #Godwin
Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by amicable09(f): 10:56am On Nov 04, 2015
queenfav:
You are right o..Some friends will lie about their salary and working conditions just to make you feel bad about your life.I have learnt to keep my eyes on my life abeg.You listen to people at times you wil make a lot of mistakes.

Lol... Reminds me of my first relationship with some cool dude who had just graduated and was still job hunting at that time. I had this friend who was always telling me that the guy was not trying in so many ways and that he wasn't sending me enough airtime and all grin as per graduate levels na, therefore "he didn't love me enough", as she put it. Poor guy, I started putting pressure on him o...lol, until the guy RAN out of my life!

That friend of mine, you won't believe was the one feeding her bf on campus and the guy had no money too, not even to send her airtime but she was always lying that he bought this, he bought that for her.

That will not repeat itself in my life again. I don wise up! cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by MrImole: 10:57am On Nov 04, 2015
I need to change my work too, they are not paying me enough here @ "Kásùn Kájí Nigeria Enterprises"

1 Like

Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by Befitting(f): 11:05am On Nov 04, 2015
MaverickExcel1:
Never for once did I imagine that quitting my job will make me cry. About four weeks ago I quit form my job because of some irreconcilable differences I had with the organization.

It was a big shock to the organization because the resignation letter came impromptu. I don’t know if I was thinking that morning but I had to do what was on my mind that fateful morning.

Though, I had spoken with my best friend earlier that morning who discouraged me from quitting but my mind was made up already.

The next day I applied at another organization where my mother had told me there was vacancy. And after the rigorous test and oral interview, I emerged as the best candidate; in fact, I was given the position higher than the one I had applied for.

But…

When I was told the arduous terms and conditions that will qualify me as a staff, I almost threw up (not literally).

I went back home feeling so frustrated but this experience was not the one that made me cry. After, about two weeks, I was approached by a lady (my neighbor actually) to come work for her saying I was really smart.

Finally, my prayer has been answered, I thought to myself. On reaching there, I was told what shocked me to my teeth but I acted as if everything was ok.

The salary was ridiculous.

Another shock was when I was shown the work I’ll be doing (which I love anyway) but the amount of work compared to what she agreed to pay was unbelievable. After, the work that day I felt really stressed out.

When I got home I cried until my eyeballs yelled for mercy because it just occurred to me that where I was working before I was paid higher than what I’m about to be paid even with a lesser work.

The work in this present organization is three times more than what I am doing here.

Though I cried a lot and regretted over why I left the previous organization, I learnt really valuable lessons that I think will benefit a lot of entrepreneurs and employers out there.

Moral Lessons:

Always be contented:

It was my discontentment (oh Lord forgive me) that made me leave my former organization because I wanted more. Little did I know that I was actually in the best position.

Always be contented with what you have, no matter how trivial.

Be patient:

The patient dog always eat the fattest bone. Don’t be in a haste to achieve your dreams.

Stop complaining:

Never complain to others or feel overly agitated over your present condition. My agitation led to impatience which led to discontentment.

Appreciate your boss:

Always appreciate the ‘peanut’ your boss is giving you because he also has bills to pay. So, if you can’t work for him, start your own business.

Don’t be too quick to make decisions:

It’s always best to think over a matter over and over again before making a crucial decision. Think before you act but don’t act before you think.

I hope you have learnt from my mistake?

Experience is not always the best teacher because you won’t live long enough to make all the mistakes in the world.

Has this happened to you before? Share your experience with us. we love to hear from you.

http://maverickexcel.com/how-quitting-my-job-made-me-cry/
What are you saying?
Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by Aarenasbaba(m): 11:07am On Nov 04, 2015
That is d reason why I blame dos dat said Lionel messi to live his present football club and go to another European club especially England. You cannot live where u are living comfortably and go to somewhere you don't know what will become of you. Life is not live with haste cos u don't know what u will meet where you re going. Slow and steady wins d race
Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by Nobody: 11:20am On Nov 04, 2015
YuckFou:

Read my moniker to her. Transpose the F and Y.
na trouble u wan put me socheesycheesy
Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by cdz: 11:22am On Nov 04, 2015
I'm sorry, OP, but the 'advice' you have churned out here is no advice at all. First, contentment is not a virtue to be practised in the workplace. Why? Simple: you never get what you deserve but what you bargain for. And if you think you are getting much less than you are worth, that is not the time to be content but to push for a better deal which sometimes could mean taking the blind plunge and trying elsewhere.

I think the main point here is not to overestimate your worth. This appears to be what happened to you and, believe me, you are not everyone. To overestimate yourself and ask for what you are not worth is a big mistake for which you will pay big time should you resign on this account. That's what happened to you.

You don't have a contentment problem; you have an overestimation problem instead.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by angiography(m): 11:29am On Nov 04, 2015
amicable09:
It's well OP, this kind of thing happens especially to people (those of us) who always see greener grass on the other side only for them (us) to cross over to discover that where they (we) were previously was better off. If only they watered their grass a little more... Perhaps, it would have been just as green, if not greener.

I've learnt something today. Oh!And you better start enjoying this one before you run off to a worse place than where you are currently grin
I left Lagos for abuja on the back of a good job only to find out that the cost of maintaining 'corporate decency' is far higher than the one obtainable in Lagos
Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by eprince21(m): 11:36am On Nov 04, 2015
come and work for me, i will pay u better...how much does ur former job give u monthly.....crediwap.ga
Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by pedrilo: 11:39am On Nov 04, 2015
Jollyjoy:
Op tell the kinda job you resigned from,what motivated you to resign,the new job,the tougher job,

i dnt even understand the story..
they will never fill us in on the full gist. always giving us half baked crap
Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by Originalsly: 11:53am On Nov 04, 2015
MaverickExcel1:

I write for blogs, websites and magazines. Im a content marketer. Hope you understand
Guys like you amaze me with your titles ... you are a writer....professional writer...but we must catch headache trying to read and understand this your job experience write up. "The work in this present organization is three times more than what I'm doing here" ...what should we understand by this? On lessons to learn. ...Look before you Leap....Think before you Act... or you would jump out of the frying pan and into the fire. This is not even a case of the grass looking greener on the other side... you crossed to the other side with eyes closed and opened them when you got there. Be contented with whatever job you have....don't try to progress....don't look for increased salary because the boss has bills to pay....stand still as the world keeps on moving.

1 Like

Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by dwesternmall: 12:10pm On Nov 04, 2015
Westernmall Nigeria Ltd is hiring.

Westernmall Nigeria Ltd is an online store looking to take over the Nigerian market and offer customers better options in terms of shopping.

We are presently recruiting field sales representatives (Genies)... The Starting pay is 40k and attracts handsome commissions for more sales(more details later)
Our office is at Alausa shopping mall, Obafemi Awolowo way, ikeja. Lagos.
Thus you must be Lagos based to work with us as you will report to the office on a daily/weekly basis.

interested candidates should send their CV's to careers@westernmall.co.uk
or go to http://www.westernmall.co.uk/Home/Careers to apply

Make the Subject of the email: GENIE!!!
More details will be provided to you via email
Tell a friend.

Regards
Westernmall
Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by amicable09(f): 1:03pm On Nov 04, 2015
angiography:

I left Lagos for abuja on the back of a good job only to find out that the cost of maintaining 'corporate decency' is far higher than the one obtainable in Lagos

Hahahaha... Eya,we have all at one point in time made a decision based on that assumption. Hope you have blended into Abuja system?
Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by vocalprince(m): 1:13pm On Nov 04, 2015
youaremad:
sorry

Na wa for this ur moniker o!!. Make I rush change my own to "Udeycraze".
Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by Onyiido: 2:58pm On Nov 04, 2015
Jollyjoy:
Op tell the kinda job you resigned from,what motivated you to resign,the new job,the tougher job,

i dnt even understand the story..
Even me too
Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by toprealman: 3:08pm On Nov 04, 2015
MaverickExcel1:
Never for once did I imagine that quitting my job will make me cry. About four weeks ago I quit form my job because of some irreconcilable differences I had with the organization.

It was a big shock to the organization because the resignation letter came impromptu. I don’t know if I was thinking that morning but I had to do what was on my mind that fateful morning.

Though, I had spoken with my best friend earlier that morning who discouraged me from quitting but my mind was made up already.

The next day I applied at another organization where my mother had told me there was vacancy. And after the rigorous test and oral interview, I emerged as the best candidate; in fact, I was given the position higher than the one I had applied for.

But…

When I was told the arduous terms and conditions that will qualify me as a staff, I almost threw up (not literally).

I went back home feeling so frustrated but this experience was not the one that made me cry. After, about two weeks, I was approached by a lady (my neighbor actually) to come work for her saying I was really smart.

Finally, my prayer has been answered, I thought to myself. On reaching there, I was told what shocked me to my teeth but I acted as if everything was ok.

Another shock was when I was shown the work I’ll be doing (which I love anyway) but the amount of work compared to what she agreed to pay was unbelievable. After, the work that day I felt really stressed out.

When I got home I cried until my eyeballs yelled for mercy because it just occurred to me that where I was working before I was paid higher than what I’m about to be paid even with a lesser work.

The work in this present organization is three times more than what I am doing here.

Though I cried a lot and regretted over why I left the previous organization, I learnt really valuable lessons that I think will benefit a lot of entrepreneurs and employers out there.

Moral Lessons:

Always be contented:

It was my discontentment (oh Lord forgive me) that made me leave my former organization because I wanted more. Little did I know that I was actually in the best position.

Be patient:

The patient dog always eat the fattest bone. Don’t be in a haste to achieve your dreams.

Stop complaining:

Never complain to others or feel overly agitated over your present condition. My agitation led to impatience which led to discontentment.

Appreciate your boss:

Always appreciate the ‘peanut’ your boss is giving you because he also has bills to pay. So, if you can’t work for him, start your own business.

Don’t be too quick to make decisions:

It’s always best to think over a matter over and over again before making a crucial decision. Think before you act but don’t act before you think.

Experience is not always the best teacher because you won’t live long enough to make all the mistakes in the world.

Has this happened to you before? Share your experience with us. we love to hear from you.

Pay your former company a visit. Ask to speak with the number one person and talk your way back. It is not about the money but clearly, you are not happy with the present.
But jut so you know, loyalty bonus for you is now at ground zero......infact they will be quick to sack you if need be. That is if you are as smart as you said you are and talk your way back to your former job.
Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by angiography(m): 3:36pm On Nov 04, 2015
amicable09:

Hahahaha... Eya,we have all at one point in time made a decision based on that assumption. Hope you have blended into Abuja system?
Lol...yea...the sun tho!!...
Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by aameyah(f): 5:12pm On Nov 04, 2015
You are still being impatient by crying wolf so soon. You left your former position 4 weeks ago and you're here with skyhigh regrets? You never ready!!

You seem the complacent type who finds familiar grounds comfortable. Instead of putting in more efforts, you talk about appreciating peanuts and not being in a hurry to achieve your dreams.
Your type will be sweet to enslave....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by aameyah(f): 5:15pm On Nov 04, 2015
Sigo86:
Sorry OP... I quitted my factory Job last year september... Bt av not got another job... i've no regret @all cos any1 dat has experienced factory work 4once won't blame me 4my action.... 2yrs nd 6months in d factory no be beans @all.

No mind the OP.
Re: How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry by Abylyty(m): 12:34am On Nov 05, 2015
MaverickExcel1:

But…

Moral Lessons:

Always be contented:

Be patient:

Stop complaining:

Appreciate your boss:

Always appreciate the ‘peanut’ your boss is giving you [/b]because he also has bills to pay. So, if you can’t work for him, start your own business.

[b]Don’t be too quick to make decisions:

Just like you weren't thinking before you quit your job, i think you were in the same state when you made this statement.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Friendship Goals: 7 Female Friends Qualify As Medical Doctors In South Africa / What Does It Cost To Write ICAN Exams From PE1 To PE2 ? / MOUAU Sacks Additional 370 Staff. See Picture Of The Letter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.