Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,476 members, 7,816,123 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:50 AM

The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) - Properties (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) (173101 Views)

Cost For Low Budget 5 Bedroom On 1.5 Plot Of Land / **the Making Of 2storey Building (12 Flats) Of One Bedroom Apartment In Enugu** / The Making Of The "Small But Classy" Duplex (with Costs) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 3:18pm On Feb 24, 2016
EgunMogaji:
Oga Spyder, is it normal/okay for kitchen window to start at 5 coach instead of 4 coach sin the other windows?

Uma take a hundred pictures but none or few of the back of your house so I couldn't lstalk it grin

In that department, I usually consult with my wife, and she told me it could get terribly hot in there if the power givers decides to do their regular act of switching off the lights. I recommend only 4 courses of blocks because of the much needed extra ventilation.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Qualer: 6:04pm On Feb 24, 2016
spyder880:

In that department, I usually consult with my wife, and she told me it could get terribly hot in there if the power givers decides to do their regular act of switching off the lights. I recommend only 4 courses of blocks because of the much needed extra ventilation.

how about adding a heat extractor in the kitchen coupled with the wider windows!?
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Nobody: 6:18pm On Feb 24, 2016
spyder880:

Thanks Boss.

I keep on getting reminded to always consider the Nigeria factor.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Nobody: 6:19pm On Feb 24, 2016
Qualer:

how about adding a heat extractor in the kitchen coupled with the wider windows!?

What I'll be using is a whole house exhaust. Sits in the hallway ceiling and draws air in through open windows.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Qualer: 6:26pm On Feb 24, 2016
EgunMogaji:

What I'll be using is a whole house exhaust. Sits in the hallway ceiling and draws air in through open windows.

omo meeehn! see levels o! i thought this was supposed to be a 'low bugdet' project grin or the exhaust system is not that expensive??

1 Like

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Nobody: 6:32pm On Feb 24, 2016
Qualer:

omo meeehn! see levels o! i thought this was supposed to be a 'low bugdet' project grin or the exhaust system is not that expensive??

About $200 but any "welder" in Nigeria should be able to make one cheaply. This is what I'll be doing. It's pretty simple.

But in the journey of improvements and a better quality of life there are costs involved grin
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Qualer: 6:39pm On Feb 24, 2016
EgunMogaji:

About $200 but any "welder" in Nigeria should be able to make one cheaply. This is what I'll be doing. It's pretty simple.

But in the journey of improvements and a better quality of life there are costs involved grin

grin true that!
but welder dey and welder come dey when it comes to intricate and delicate weld work.
so which of the aspects will the welder be doing? abi no be to buy ready components outright?

1 Like

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by MaxNdu: 7:20pm On Feb 24, 2016
spyder880:
Details of my one step parapet works reinforcement...........

Hi Oga spyder,

I can't stop enjoying the speed at which this your project is going. More power to your elbow.
Please this your parapet framework, did you use Y12 or Y16 rods as it is hard for us junior students in this building forum to determine the size of rods from just looking at the picture.

Thanks alot.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Nobody: 7:53pm On Feb 24, 2016
Qualer:

grin true that!
but welder dey and welder come dey when it comes to intricate and delicate weld work.
so which of the aspects will the welder be doing? abi no be to buy ready components outright?

I'm a simple man of simple means grin

I think you're overthinking this. Consider the following submissions.

Simple basic ceiling mounted exhaust fan into the attic and gable vents at opposing ends of the attic and bobs your uncle cheesy

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Qualer: 8:42pm On Feb 24, 2016
EgunMogaji:

I'm a simple man of simple means grin

I think you're overthinking this. Consider the following submissions.

Simple basic ceiling mounted exhaust fan into the attic and gable vents at opposing ends of the attic and bobs your uncle cheesy

oh, i see. thought it was the elaborate ensemble... american style grin

1 Like

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by gabbytabby: 9:23pm On Feb 24, 2016
EgunMogaji:
Oga Spyder, is it normal/okay for kitchen window to start at 5 coach instead of 4 coach sin the other windows?

Uma take a hundred pictures but none or few of the back of your house so I couldn't stalk it grin

From project mgr cum kitchen office manager. I find 5 coach better cos you are not fighting sink water, window iron security rust , high wind which comes with 9ja rain and space for work top. Its still 4 foot wide but 3 foot high.

Additional external door is a must if you have one window.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Nobody: 9:31pm On Feb 24, 2016
gabbytabby:

From project mgr cum kitchen office manager. I find 5 coach better cos you are not fighting sink water, window iron security rust , high wind which comes with 9ja rain and space for work top. Its still 4 foot wide but 3 foot high.

Additional external door is a must if you have one window.

I'm going to try to incorporate a window into the external kitchen door.

Thank you Ma.

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Nbg4real: 12:41pm On Feb 25, 2016
pls @ oga spyder and other expirienced persons, i have a question as follows: Refernce to the picture i posted page 14 can i lay my german floor before reinforcement of the iron rod? though the iron rod that will remain will be less than a feet high above the german floor? that is the reinforcement will now start from the floor level. pls help me by answering my question. because i have the material for the floor on ground but i dont have iron rod and i dont want them to be vandalized.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by allCopacetic: 2:17pm On Feb 25, 2016
Following in body and spirit smiley

thrilling to see the development of your "low budget" smiley country home oga spyder. more power to your elbow.

I would greatly love for you to be one of the major builders here to enjoy our quality of Electrical materials and supply service. especially in light of this project being a personal one. I hope you will find it worth your consideration.

https://www.nairaland.com/2941901/building-dream-structure-watch-space

1 Like

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by mufutau55(m): 4:26pm On Feb 25, 2016
Nbg4real:
pls @ oga spyder and other expirienced persons, i have a question as follows: Refernce to the picture i posted page 14 can i lay my german floor before reinforcement of the iron rod? though the iron rod that will remain will be less than a feet high above the german floor? that is the reinforcement will now start from the floor level. pls help me by answering my question. because i have the material for the floor on ground but i dont have iron rod and i dont want them to be vandalized.

There is nothing wrong with that... with the iron popping up about 1feet, that is enough to attach the floor rods when ready...

Hajji M.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by mufutau55(m): 4:28pm On Feb 25, 2016
EgunMogaji:

I'm going to try to incorporate a window into the external kitchen door.
Thank you Ma.

You may want to look into the iron double door like that of Muyesky or the Chinese/Turkey brand for the kitchen exit/external door, not wooden door o...

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Nbg4real: 4:51pm On Feb 25, 2016
mufutau55:

There is nothing wrong with that... with the iron popping up about 1feet, that is enough to attach the floor rods when ready...

Hajji M.
thanks for your helping hand, you are really encoraging me
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Nobody: 4:53pm On Feb 25, 2016
mufutau55:

You may want to look into the iron double door like that of Muyesky or the Chinese/Turkey brand for the kitchen exit/external door, not wooden door o...

Hajji M.

Oh for sure Sir, safety first.

All my 4 exterior doors are going to be made of steel. I'm going to approach the welder that made my gate with some design ideas.

#BuyNaijaToGrowTheNaira grin

1 Like

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by mufutau55(m): 4:57pm On Feb 25, 2016
Nbg4real:
thanks for your helping hand, you are really encoraging me

I like when people are doing good things for themselves... just keep doing the little bits you can at a time, and by the time you know, it will be finished.

Hajji M.

4 Likes

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by frakdon(m): 9:24pm On Feb 25, 2016
Well done, Oga Spyder!

1 Like

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Mayor78: 4:38am On Feb 27, 2016
Prof. Ndeewooo!

1 Like

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 9:18pm On Feb 27, 2016
We just completed the wall plastering of some rooms downstairs..........

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 9:23pm On Feb 27, 2016
We have also started the outside wall plastering..

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 9:35pm On Feb 27, 2016
We have mounted the thunder arrestor materials in readiness for the roofing.......

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 9:40pm On Feb 27, 2016
Thunder arrestor tape carefully passed from the roof, through the walls......

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 9:48pm On Feb 27, 2016
Earthing the tape.........

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 9:54pm On Feb 27, 2016
The back of the house.....

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 10:01pm On Feb 27, 2016
This house is supposed to be wearing a black crown by now, I have paid for the roofing sheets to be brought in but they have not delivered.

I expect the stone coated roofing tiles to be brought in by Monday next week.

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by mufutau55(m): 12:27am On Feb 28, 2016
So which one out of the three are you gettings?

Hajji M.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 6:15am On Feb 28, 2016
mufutau55:
So which one out of the three are you gettings?

Hajji M.

My choice was to use Korean roofing tiles at around N1.4m but they have no black colour. So I paid for Tilcor (New Zealand) at N1.77m

Project will be halted after the roofing for me to take another rest.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by slimtik(m): 9:14am On Feb 28, 2016
Prof. Spyder u have done marvellously well and your insightful updates and posts have given us hope as regards building cost estimates and implementation. Now that you are a out taking a break, can u give the forum a final breakdown of expenditure so far spent on this splendid edifice.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Hove: 9:21am On Feb 28, 2016
We Design, Estimate & Build; Everything construction. Visit us www.maelveuq.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (35) (Reply)

Understanding The Meaning Of Plots, Acres & Hectares In Figures / Find A Roommate In Lagos(only Graduates Please) / Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.