Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,878 members, 7,821,052 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

‘‘governor Gbenga Daniel Is Planning To Kill Me" A Former A.g. In Ogun State. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘‘governor Gbenga Daniel Is Planning To Kill Me" A Former A.g. In Ogun State. (1163 Views)

I Assisted Daniel To Claim Ogun Indigeneship,Daniel Is From Isoko — Amosun / Governor Gbenga Daniel May Be Tried For The Murder Of Dipo Dina! / Governor Gbenga Should Repair All Ogun State Commercial Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

‘‘governor Gbenga Daniel Is Planning To Kill Me" A Former A.g. In Ogun State. by zoomzu(f): 1:39pm On May 12, 2009
‘Governor Gbenga
Daniel is planning to kill me’
A former Commissioner for Justice and
Attorney-General in Ogun state, Chief Yemi Adefulu,
Your Excellency, I returned from a recent trip to be informed that some days ago, some seven strange looking men in a bus came looking for my house in Ilisan. In seeking to recruit local collaborators to facilitate their evil agenda, they confessed that they were commissioned by you to eliminate me. With the unprecedented spate of political killings in the recent past, violence has become a part of the daily menu of the state. In such circumstances, it is only an idiot that will dismiss such a story as bizarre. As it is, nothing in my personal or business life points in that direction. “As I told Dr. Yemi Ogunbiyi, Tolu Mobolurin and others, recently, the problem I have with you is your zero tolerance for a difference of opinion and a tendency towards a wholesale domination of all elements of power. It is a style that is totally at variance with democratic culture. Intolerance has been the dominant feature of your leadership of Ogun state and violence a way of life. It is for these reasons that I cannot dismiss the allegation. I have sought to cooperate with you as best as I can. My very critical attitude of you when we were seeking the mandate for the governorship for reasons I do not want to repeat here, was well known. “The truth is, you won clearly and as a people raised in the best tradition of democracy, we accepted your leadership completely. What did we get in return? Constant humiliation, marginalisation, etc. Your cronies are all over the place calling me names because u were said to have given me a contract of N100 million for publishing the state laws. The problem is, u see everything from the viewpoint of patronage in Naira and Kobo only, not value. “Because u gave a contract is a reason we must be totally sidelined politically? No sir. We would not sell our birthright for a pot of pottage. O (…….).”

Another one,

A former Commissioner for Justice and Attorney-General in Ogun state, Chief Yemi Adefulu, says his life is in danger. He alleged that the state governor, Otunba Gbenga Daniel, is plotting to kill him. There are allegations that some executive members of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) at the local government level in Ogun state, have taken oaths of allegiance to Daniel at different shrines in the state. Reports said the oath of allegiance, which is reportedly being forced on the party executives at the ward and local government levels, commenced at Ijebu-Ode last week and has been a continuous exercise in all parts of the state. It was further learnt that the traditional oath, which had been administered on party officials from Ijebu North, Ijebu East, Odogbolu, Ikenne and Ijebu North East Local governments, was conducted by a chief priest in Ososa, Ogun state. Though a cash gift of N20,000 was given to each person after the oath, the majority of the party executives have consulted party leaders in the state to save them from what they described as an act of cultism aimed at silencing them politically.(See HAVE YOUR SAY for details).
Re: ‘‘governor Gbenga Daniel Is Planning To Kill Me" A Former A.g. In Ogun State. by jona2: 3:47pm On May 12, 2009
shocked shocked

(1) (Reply)

Gov Akpabio Raises Alarm Over The Use Of His Phone 08075707... By Opposition / What Lord Lugard Thought About 9ja / John Togo, Goodluck's Brother, Blown Pipeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.