Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

Governor Gbenga Daniel May Be Tried For The Murder Of Dipo Dina! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Gbenga Daniel May Be Tried For The Murder Of Dipo Dina! (2128 Views)

The Murder Of The Fulani: #yugoslavia Unfolding. (by Ffk) / Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" / Governor Gbenga Should Repair All Ogun State Commercial Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Gbenga Daniel May Be Tried For The Murder Of Dipo Dina! by baslone: 5:35pm On Feb 11, 2011
The current political battle in Ogun State that has pitched former President Olusegun Obasanjo
against the state governor, Justin Olugbenga Daniel, may assume a dramatic dimension as Mr.
Obasanjo has gone to work to unearth several crimes committed by the governor, several sources
have told SaharaReporters.

Our sources said Mr. Obasanjo had vowed to use his political muscle to prosecute Governor Daniel
over the midnight murder of Dipo Dina, a political opponent of Mr. Daniel’s and a gubernatorial aspirant under the ACN.

Mr. Dina was shot dead January 25, 2010 by suspected assassins around Covenant University in the
Ota area of Ogun State close to the Obasanjo Farm.
 A police source told SaharaReporters that the police
have since completed investigations. “Our investigations linked Governor Daniel to the assassination, but
for political reasons we have not been allowed to charge the governor with the murder of Chief Dina.”

It is
not the first time Governor Daniel would be shielded from facing the consequences of his criminal activities.
In 2006, when Obasanjo was president, Mr. Daniel's widespread looting of state funds were covered up by
the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC). However, SaharaReporters detailed the governor’s
reckless money laundering activities in the state.

A source told our correspondent that Mr. Obasanjo was now out to use Governor Daniel’s instigation of the
murder of Mr. Dina to turn the heat on Daniel. “Chief Obasanjo has sworn that he’s going to finish Governor
Gbenga Daniel,” said one of our sources.

Mr. Obasanjo and Mr. Daniel have declared war on each other following
a fall-out from their party’s fraudulent state primaries. After conducting two parallel congresses in the state, Mr.
Daniel initially got the electoral commission to accept his slate of candidates, with himself as a senatorial candidate.
However, Mr. Obasanjo had the last laugh when he secured a court order ruling that INEC must adopt his list of candidates.
“Chief Gbenga Daniel lost out in the race to become the PDP’s flag bearer in the senatorial race, but he has refused
to accept defeat,” said an associate of the former president. The governor, who is one of the zonal coordinators
for Goodluck Jonathan's presidential campaign, was conspicuously absent from Ibadan, the Oyo State capital, when
Mr. Jonathan addressed a rally there last week.

Sources told SaharaReporters that Mr. Jonathan has tried to appease Mr. Daniel with the promise of a
ministerial appointment if he wins at the April 2011 presidential election, but the governor has reportedly
remained unimpressed, adamantly threatening to abandon the party for another party willing to accept
him.

Another source revealed that Mr. Jonathan was willing to order the EFCC to institute formal prosecution
of Governor Daniel over his acts of corrupt enrichment if Daniel refuses to be tamed. 

At a rally last week,
Governor Daniel was quoted by newspapers as saying: "I want you to shine your eyes. Those who stole our
vouchers to nail me, where are they today?” This was in veiled reference to Mr. Dina, who spent a fortune
exposing Mr. Daniel's financial scams through forensic exposes in paid newspaper ads.

But an associate of former President Obasanjo said it was Mr. Obasanjo who rallied “the political elders in
Ogun State to quell the uprising generated by Chief Dina's expose.” Protected by Obasanjo, Mr. Daniel was
emboldened to use the police to arrest Mr. Dina.

A source close to Mr. Daniel told SaharaReporters that the governor was not afraid to fight Mr. Obasanjo
to a standstill. He said the former president should be reminded that he had not answered for the murder
of former Attorney General Bola Ige. “Chief Omisore was used to kill Chief Ige, but it is only Chief Daniel
and Chief Ayo Fayose that Obasanjo is fighting,” said the source, adding that the governor had no hand
in the murder of Dina.

http://www.saharareporters.com/news-page/governor-gbenga-daniel-may-be-tried-murder-dipo-dina
Re: Governor Gbenga Daniel May Be Tried For The Murder Of Dipo Dina! by olaolabiy: 5:48pm On Feb 11, 2011
South West politics!

Things need to change. Why the South West all the time?

The hands of politicians in the region are soiled - in blood and filthy lucre.

What a shame!
Re: Governor Gbenga Daniel May Be Tried For The Murder Of Dipo Dina! by Nobody: 5:56pm On Feb 11, 2011
Eyah,dany boy ,shey u say u no get respect again to the extent of declaring war on BABA,i hope others learn from ur mistake because u refused to learn from from that of alams and others
Re: Governor Gbenga Daniel May Be Tried For The Murder Of Dipo Dina! by Ikengawo: 6:18pm On Feb 11, 2011
highly unreliable source, but if this is true the Obansanjo is a beast lol. He's trying to destroy this man with brutal relentlessness
Re: Governor Gbenga Daniel May Be Tried For The Murder Of Dipo Dina! by precision7: 6:42pm On Feb 11, 2011
I see Daniel destroying d PDP if he fails 2 have his way. He might make sure they lose Ogun State and run 2 China before d end of dis current dispensation.

I'm pretty sure Daniel has a very hot plan, because I don't see how some1 will be fighting OBJ without having a solid backup plan.

I dey watch ooooooooo.
Re: Governor Gbenga Daniel May Be Tried For The Murder Of Dipo Dina! by Kennyblues(m): 6:53pm On Feb 11, 2011
Wild Wild West
Re: Governor Gbenga Daniel May Be Tried For The Murder Of Dipo Dina! by seanet02: 7:03pm On Feb 11, 2011
Pot calling kettle black. kettle calling pot black mu hehehe
Re: Governor Gbenga Daniel May Be Tried For The Murder Of Dipo Dina! by dayokanu(m): 7:08pm On Feb 11, 2011
Can OBJ tell us what happened to Bola Ige?
Re: Governor Gbenga Daniel May Be Tried For The Murder Of Dipo Dina! by TewMuch: 7:12pm On Feb 11, 2011
dayokanu:

Maybe OGD will be able to expose OBJ on that.

This is getting interesting. I hope they destroy each other. OGD better run to the press fast with what he knows, because he will definitely go down on this.
Re: Governor Gbenga Daniel May Be Tried For The Murder Of Dipo Dina! by Odunnu: 7:19pm On Feb 11, 2011
This is getting more interesting.
I dey laff
Re: Governor Gbenga Daniel May Be Tried For The Murder Of Dipo Dina! by Ibime(m): 8:10pm On Feb 11, 2011
Both of them should be locked up for the respective murders of Dapo Dina, Bola Ige and Marshall Harry.
Re: Governor Gbenga Daniel May Be Tried For The Murder Of Dipo Dina! by seanet02: 8:18pm On Feb 11, 2011
Two hired killers challenging each other.
Re: Governor Gbenga Daniel May Be Tried For The Murder Of Dipo Dina! by jacobs123(m): 8:59pm On Feb 11, 2011
I hope these guys end up destroying themselves. OBJ and OGD should be in Prison and I sincerely hope they end up there! This is more reason to vote Buhari, Jonathan can not fix this padi padi assassinations going on all over Nigeria.

Show me your Friends and I can tell who you are.

OGD (Murderer, Thief) - Jonathan's SW campaign manager
OBJ (Murderer, Thief) - Jonathan's Godfather
Re: Governor Gbenga Daniel May Be Tried For The Murder Of Dipo Dina! by Mobinga: 9:05pm On Feb 11, 2011
LMAO!!!

OBASaNJO is a MONSTER!!! !!! grin grin grin

NO ONE PHUCKS WITH THE GODFATHER!!! HE'LL EAT YOU ALIVE grin
Re: Governor Gbenga Daniel May Be Tried For The Murder Of Dipo Dina! by Gbawe: 10:34pm On Feb 11, 2011
Mobinga:

LMAO!!!

OBASaNJO is a MONSTER!!! !!! grin grin grin

NO ONE PHUCKS WITH THE GODFATHER!!! HE'LL EAT YOU ALIVE grin

Atiku demystified OBJ and nothing happened. This is the usual bully-boy strategy of intimidation many now know OBJ with. I despise Daniel but I feel he will stand up to OBJ and GEJ effectively . Let us watch as events unfold. Things are not what they used to be because OBJ no longer has ultimate power and Jonathan is not ultimately powerful as some Presidents and heads of State before him. Jonathan gives OBJ power but Mr. President himself does not entirely enjoy willing and die hard loyalty. Everything is precarious right now.
Re: Governor Gbenga Daniel May Be Tried For The Murder Of Dipo Dina! by Eziachi: 10:43pm On Feb 11, 2011
I cannot seriously claim to know the politics of Gov Daniel, Dipo or Ogun state very well. But can't it be possible that those that murdered Dipo Dina might have come from his own party because he may have stand between them and their own ambition?

Could it be possible that he could had been murdered outside the ring of politics totally? His murder ca be domestic matter related, of which non of us are aware or could he had crossed some deadly people in  dodgy financial dealings that went wrong?

I am not necessarily saying that it cannot be Gov Daniel as been ascribed, but what will be the motive of Gov Daniel in killing him? Since Daniel's 8 years full term expires soon and his main opponent in the last election was Amuson instead of Dipo Dina, what is the motive?

Often in most murder cases, the killer can be closer to the victim than most people can easily dare think about, let  alone believing.
Re: Governor Gbenga Daniel May Be Tried For The Murder Of Dipo Dina! by Epiphany(m): 11:02pm On Feb 11, 2011
dayokanu:

Lol. . . dnt worry, no be only Ige. If Obj threatenes Daniel concerning Dina, Daniel will do the same concerning all the people that died during OBJs era.
But i really hope that Daniel has a plan. Obj never, NEVER forgives and NEVER forgets. The guy has a black heart, so even if they make up anytime soon, Obj can still strike in the future
Re: Governor Gbenga Daniel May Be Tried For The Murder Of Dipo Dina! by Mobinga: 11:18pm On Feb 11, 2011
Gbawe:

Atiku demystified OBJ and nothing happened. [/b]This is the usual bully-boy strategy of intimidation many now know OBJ with. I despise Daniel but I feel he will stand up to OBJ and GEJ effectively . Let us watch as events unfold. Things are not what they used to be because OBJ no longer has ultimate power and Jonathan is not ultimately powerful as some Presidents and heads of State before him. Jonathan gives OBJ power but Mr. President himself does not entirely enjoy [b]willing and die hard loyalty. Everything is precarious right now.

I stopped reading there. How did he demystify OBJ? What didn't happen? He was disgraced in the primaries and you say nothing happened? Please
Re: Governor Gbenga Daniel May Be Tried For The Murder Of Dipo Dina! by Muza(m): 11:35pm On Feb 11, 2011
Whats disturbing and worrisome is that we have thugs and rascals as leaders ruler,all this while they knew he had complicity in the murder but kept quite and all of a sudden now they want to charge him *smh*
Re: Governor Gbenga Daniel May Be Tried For The Murder Of Dipo Dina! by 1025: 7:20am On Feb 12, 2011
this is a good development. while obasanjo seeks to get justice for the family of dipo dina, Gbanga daniel shld also do his best to get justice for the family of bola ige.
if gbenga killed dipo dina, obasanjo killed bola ige. all in all, pdp is all about killings. i remember vividly in 2002 when orji uzor kalu the then gov of abia state said pdp is a blood thirsty party.
in all these, jonathan sees nothing wrong with his party as he cld call acn leaders rascals.
Re: Governor Gbenga Daniel May Be Tried For The Murder Of Dipo Dina! by luvinhubby(m): 8:21am On Feb 12, 2011
Gbawe:

Atiku demystified OBJ and nothing happened. This is the usual bully-boy strategy of intimidation many now know OBJ with. I despise Daniel but I feel he will stand up to OBJ and GEJ effectively . Let us watch as events unfold. Things are not what they used to be because OBJ no longer has ultimate power and Jonathan is not ultimately powerful as some Presidents and heads of State before him. Jonathan gives OBJ power but Mr. President himself does not entirely enjoy willing and die hard loyalty. Everything is precarious right now.
And how did Atiku demystify OBJ when Atiku was stopped from entering the Federal Executive Council chambers eight (cool months to the end of his tenure as vice president of Nigeria, who ways demystified, Obj or Atiku?
Re: Governor Gbenga Daniel May Be Tried For The Murder Of Dipo Dina! by baslone: 9:28am On Feb 12, 2011
Atiku demystify OBJ? How

I don't think there's any body as powerful as Obj in Nigeria right now.
Re: Governor Gbenga Daniel May Be Tried For The Murder Of Dipo Dina! by Epiphany(m): 3:39pm On Feb 12, 2011
Ah. . . Atiku TRIED to chance OBJ and look where it has got him. I dont think that he has recovered since then. As far as i am concerned, Obj is one of the most influential men in Nigeria today and a part cause of all Atiku's problems.
Re: Governor Gbenga Daniel May Be Tried For The Murder Of Dipo Dina! by Gbawe: 4:07pm On Feb 12, 2011
Mobinga:

I stopped reading there. How did he demystify OBJ? What didn't happen? He was disgraced in the primaries and you say nothing happened? Please

Look , Atiku stood up against OBJ and nothing happened . I am not talking about the just concluded PDP Primaries . If you are aware of events circa 2006 - 2007 you will know that OBJ threw the kitchen sink at Atiku in an attempt to cower him out of the 2007 elections. IBB chickened out when OBJ went after his son. Atiku stood his ground and won because he participated in the 2007 elections. He therefore "demystified" OBJ by showing you can go against the vengeful farmer of Ota and win contrary to the popularly held belief that no one messes with OBJ . You are talking like a kid drooling over an invincible super hero . OBJ is no super hero. It is not a foregone conclusion Gbenge Daniel will be "eaten alive" . You overestimate OBJ's strenght and we deify mortals too much in Nigeria leading to the emergence of  "strong men" who think they can go around , unchecked , acting as they please. Times are changing . Folks are not as scared of OBJ as you may think they are.
Re: Governor Gbenga Daniel May Be Tried For The Murder Of Dipo Dina! by texazzpete(m): 10:14pm On Feb 12, 2011
Gbawe:

Times are changing . Folks are not as scared of OBJ as you may think they are.

Wasn't it fear for his job that made Ribadu function as Obasanjo's personal lapdog and a collaborator in corruption?
Re: Governor Gbenga Daniel May Be Tried For The Murder Of Dipo Dina! by doubledeenu: 8:00am On Jan 06, 2014
Who killed DIPO DINA? There are 2 strong men after Dipo Dina was murdered. OGD, was the sitting Governor and he had just 16months to end his tenure. DD took him to court but the case was struck out, they had their differences and that made Dipo Dina a prime target because all eyes were and would be on OGD. when he was murdered, SIA, got ACN ticket that can only be possible when DD who was a popular flagbearer of the ACN was cut down. Some of the suspected murderers were arrested by the police during OGDs administration and they were charged to court. However this SIA's administration for no just cause stalled the court proceedings. Today nothing is heard of the case no more and our governor in a hush hush arrangement compensated us with the naming of a stadium after Dipo Dina. 4years after, One would have expected the government who has control of the police and other security aparatchiks to ensure those who killed DD are brought to book. Even the EFCCs case against Daniel is still on, but there seems to be no tangible case or evidences against him. Who are the people behind tarnishing Ogds image? For what reasons? Who killed funsho williams, who killed Apagun Oluwole in a property taken over by the state government? Who killed Toyin Hamzat and some ACN chieftains, VIO etc even after OGDs administration in Ogun State?

Who killed DD??!
Re: Governor Gbenga Daniel May Be Tried For The Murder Of Dipo Dina! by ginezz: 8:19am On Jan 06, 2014
Mr. Jonathan has tried to appease Mr. Daniel with the promise of a
ministerial appointment if he wins at the April 2011 presidential election, but the governor has reportedly
remained unimpressed, adamantly threatening to abandon the party for another party willing to accept
him

Hmmmmmm.
Re: Governor Gbenga Daniel May Be Tried For The Murder Of Dipo Dina! by Nobody: 9:10am On Jan 06, 2014
I can only believe this the day Tinubu and Fashola will be docked for Funsho Williams murder.

Gullible SW journalists attacking OGD bc he is PDP but keep blind eyes over Funsho's case because APC did the needfull

(1) (Reply)

Anioma: Waiting To Be Created By The National Assembly Of Nigeria / Nigeria (and Other African Countries) Need To Follow Botswana And Not The West. / Prophecy For Nigeria 2013 By Apostle Suleiman....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.