Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,290 members, 7,829,663 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

Why Isn't World News Reporting IPOB Protest? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Isn't World News Reporting IPOB Protest? (1538 Views)

Biafra: Owerri Grounded By IPOB Protest; Okorocha Devastated! HAPPENINGNOW (pics / Why Has The Ipob Protest Been Unsuccessful In Imo State / Unseen IPOB Protest In Igweocha (portharcourt) Rivers State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Isn't World News Reporting IPOB Protest? by MinorityTribe: 6:29pm On Nov 06, 2015
Unlike Catalonia and Scottish that was reported in great details. Don't they want to see another black nation emerging? Not even Aljazeera that is supposed to be neutral. But if they eventually get the Biafra and a civil war break out like in South Sudan they would report in great details. Why are these whites belt on ridiculing blacks. I am quite certain the Biafra case would be use to further strengthen the idea that Blacks can not govern themselves.

P.S I am not a Biafran supporter, Whether Nigeria separate or not i will still remained a minority tribe in whichever new country that would emerge. I don't care.

1 Like

Re: Why Isn't World News Reporting IPOB Protest? by sinkhole: 6:46pm On Nov 06, 2015
they are reporting nothing because its happening only on NLand grin

7 Likes

Re: Why Isn't World News Reporting IPOB Protest? by QTEST007(m): 6:50pm On Nov 06, 2015
Because they have better things to report.

5 Likes

Re: Why Isn't World News Reporting IPOB Protest? by Tolatutu: 7:03pm On Nov 06, 2015
QTEST007:
Because they have better things to report.

Gbam

3 Likes

Re: Why Isn't World News Reporting IPOB Protest? by omoelesa(m): 7:22pm On Nov 06, 2015
They are reporting on nairaland nah,at least nairaland, as now turn to the media branch of biafra.
Re: Why Isn't World News Reporting IPOB Protest? by speedyGonzales: 7:27pm On Nov 06, 2015
to be honest western media care very little about Africa, especially if the British government are against Biafra, then they be even more biased against your Biafra match!

2 Likes

Re: Why Isn't World News Reporting IPOB Protest? by Lordave: 7:30pm On Nov 06, 2015
MinorityTribe:
Unlike Catalonia and Scottish that was reported in great details. Don't they want to see another black nation emerging? Not even Aljazeera that is supposed to be neutral. But if they eventually get the Biafra and a civil war break out like in South Sudan they would report in great details. Why are these whites belt on ridiculing blacks. I am quite certain the Biafra case would be use to further strengthen the idea that Blacks can not govern themselves.

P.S I am not a Biafran supporter, Whether Nigeria separate or not i would soon remained a minority tribe in whichever new country that would emerge. I don't care.
People will say here on Nairaland that taking the Western Media seriously is a result of mental slavery. So I assume that you, my friend, agrees with the above, likewise many pro Nigerians and that leaves me worrying why would you deride IPOB struggle with lack of attention from the Western Media?

Many folks on Nairaland have succeeded in making us believe that nothing good can come from CNN, BBC etc. People always berate them whenever they report something on Africa or Nigeria, Nairalanders accuse them of lies and propaganda. After all this accusations just to be a patriotic Nigerian, are gonna take them seriously if the eventually report IPOB struggle?
Ndi ihu abuo ka nku na obodo Nigeria!

I remember Nairalanders telling America to back off when they offered to help fight Boko Haram, they said America is losing it's position as World power and that they can never be of good use to Nigeria, but here one of them is indirectly giving relevance to America just to ridicule IPOB.

3 Likes

Re: Why Isn't World News Reporting IPOB Protest? by Codedb2: 7:32pm On Nov 06, 2015
Lindaikeji and Vanguard
Re: Why Isn't World News Reporting IPOB Protest? by EdCure: 7:32pm On Nov 06, 2015
speedyGonzales:
to be honest western media care very little about Africa, especially if the British government are against Biafra, then they be even more biased against your Biafra match!

1 Like

Re: Why Isn't World News Reporting IPOB Protest? by MinorityTribe: 7:36pm On Nov 06, 2015
Lordave:
People will say here on Nairaland that taking the Western Media seriously is a result of mental slavery. So I assume that you, my friend, agrees with the above, likewise many pro Nigerians and that leaves me worrying why would you deride IPOB struggle with lack of attention from the Western Media?

Many folks on Nairaland have succeeded in making us believe that nothing good can come from CNN, BBC etc. People always berate them whenever they report something on Africa or Nigeria, Nairalanders accuse them of lies and propaganda. After all this accusations just to be a patriotic Nigerian, are gonna take them seriously if the eventually report IPOB struggle?
Ndi ihu abuo ka nku na obodo Nigeria!

I remember Nairalanders telling America to back off when they offered to help fight Boko Haram, they said America is losing it's position as World power and that they can never be of good use to Nigeria, but here one of them is indirectly giving relevance to America just to ridicule IPOB.
But they have millions of viewers all over the world. Whether they ridicule the Biafra struggle or not you would get international recognition. I was in BBC facebook page one day while Nigerians are arguing of Biafra, Someone then asked "What is Biafra"? Isn't that question an insult to you over 4 decades struggle. That "someone" is even from South Africa. A fellow Africa doesn't know what is Biafra then you expect the world to know?
Re: Why Isn't World News Reporting IPOB Protest? by EdCure: 7:43pm On Nov 06, 2015
Lordave, not all big international media houses are western controlled. There is CCTV, Aljazeera, and others who view events from different perspectives. They are also mute about today's Ipob public disobedience.

Doesn't their snub mean anything to you?

3 Likes

Re: Why Isn't World News Reporting IPOB Protest? by MinorityTribe: 8:00pm On Nov 06, 2015
EdCure:
Lordave, not all big international media houses are western controlled. There is CCTV, Aljazeera, and others who view events from different perspectives. They are also mute about today's Ipob public disobedience.

Not to talk of Russia Today(RT). All kept mute.
Re: Why Isn't World News Reporting IPOB Protest? by kingbasil: 8:30pm On Nov 06, 2015
MinorityTribe:
Not to talk of Russia Today(RT). All kept mute.

What do you reckon caused this silence by the media blokes

1 Like

Re: Why Isn't World News Reporting IPOB Protest? by EternalTruths: 8:33pm On Nov 06, 2015
When they reported PH protest what did you say.?

The Zoo must fall cool
Re: Why Isn't World News Reporting IPOB Protest? by Lordave: 8:57pm On Nov 06, 2015
EdCure:

Apart from Aljazeera, no Foreign media house has a good presence in Nigeria, even though Aljazeera's presence doesn't stretch past the Rivers Niger and Benue.

These media houses, both Western controlled and others hardly report any news about Nigeria, despite the happenings in Nigeria, you can only get close to constant report about Nigeria on Aljazeera news bar.
So I don't see any snubbing about their lack of attention on Biafra protests in Nigeria. I've seen them report Biafran protest outside Nigeria, so what I think is that IPOB aren't doing enough to get the attention of these media houses on their struggles here in Nigeria. They can approach them and let them know about their upcoming protest, anything legal and peaceful is good for the struggle.

1 Like

Re: Why Isn't World News Reporting IPOB Protest? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Nov 06, 2015
MinorityTribe:

P.S I am not a Biafran supporter, Whether Nigeria separate or not i will still remained a minority tribe in whichever new country that would emerge. I don't care.
CUS dey dont take d flat heads serious, they knw its just dere normal chest beating.
Re: Why Isn't World News Reporting IPOB Protest? by basilo101: 9:22pm On Nov 06, 2015
Nobody is a Minority in his country, dont accept that ugly tag the zoo want to put on you, same way we igbos have refused the tag of migrants in our own country, we will accept that only wen Biafra is achieved.
Re: Why Isn't World News Reporting IPOB Protest? by gigabyte13: 9:23pm On Nov 06, 2015
Because 5% noisemakers cant be louder than 95% noisemakers.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Sacks Justice Akanbi For Collecting N100m From Governor Wike / If Buhari Wants To Be A Pharaoh Then He Will Find A Moses In Me – Asari Dokubo / Meet The Graduate Who Sweeps The Streets Of Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.