Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,635 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

How Buhari Should Handle Biafra Agitation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Buhari Should Handle Biafra Agitation (6796 Views)

How Do You Think The Buhari Should Handle Biafra Agitations / Osinbanjo And Yorubas Should Handle The Snakes Alone. / Handle Biafra Agitation With Care And Caution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Buhari Should Handle Biafra Agitation by Jorussia(m): 9:00pm On Nov 06, 2015
I believe its high time,we as a Nation accept the fact that if this present Biafra agitation is not handled cautiously, it may consume this Nation. As somebody from ss,i have on many occasions here on nairaland expressed my disapproval of this present Biafra agitation. The present use of military force by pmb,will not solve this issue.We don't want a situation in this country, where Igbos who are indifferent in this present Biafra agitation, will begin to sympathise with the cause of the agitators of biafra ,because we are using military force to clamp down on their people. I advise president buhari,to immediately order the release of nnamdi kalu.Pmb should toe the line of David Cameron,by proposing a referendum for between September and November 2018.I strongly believe that with the majority of uncommon economic and infrastructural facelifts of the govt of pmb which will be manifesting by then(late 2018),across the country majority of Igbos will vote against Biafra.I urge pmb not to take the advise of people who are calling on him to use military force to crush Biafra agitators, because this method will not work.let the issue of Biafra be handled once and for all,through Democratic means(i.e,a referendum).

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Buhari Should Handle Biafra Agitation by frankay430(m): 9:02pm On Nov 06, 2015
ok
Re: How Buhari Should Handle Biafra Agitation by shamack: 9:06pm On Nov 06, 2015
Should we Also release all BOKO HARAM members captured

Becos of their people threat?
Re: How Buhari Should Handle Biafra Agitation by Jorussia(m): 9:11pm On Nov 06, 2015
shamack:
Should we Also release all BOKO HARAM members captured

Becos of their people threat?
this is where we are currently missing it as a nation,boko haram and the agitation for biafra are two different issue.let's not make the mistake of labelling ipob and massob members as terrorists,because they are not.

13 Likes

Re: How Buhari Should Handle Biafra Agitation by Nobody: 9:13pm On Nov 06, 2015
Well said. I think GMB from inception failed to handle this as Jonathan handled it. A lot of people think this agitation started under Buhari...NO. Been going on under Jonathan. The largest gathering before today was held at Aba on May 30th under Jonathan. The difference between Jonathan and Buhari handling of the agitation is Jonathan strategically ignored Nnamdi Kanu which worked perfectly for him as he got no media attention and subsequently was never known then by most Biafrans. However Buhari use of force, jamming, intimidation, arrest and killings have made Nnamdi Kanu and the movement more popular. He should have ignored them as Jonathan did.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Buhari Should Handle Biafra Agitation by Nobody: 9:15pm On Nov 06, 2015
May God help us in this Nation
Need something on Jumia? Contact me now!
Re: How Buhari Should Handle Biafra Agitation by Jorussia(m): 9:16pm On Nov 06, 2015
new2020:
Well said. I think GMB from inception failed to handle this as Jonathan handled it. A lot of people think this agitation started under Buhari...NO. Been going on under Jonathan. The largest gatherings before today was held at Aba on May 30th under Jonathan office. The difference between Jonathan and Buhari handling of the agitation is Jonathan strategically ignored Nnamdi Kanu which worked perfectly for him as he got no media attention and subsequently was never known then by most Biafrans. However Buhari use of force, jamming, intimidation, arrest and killings have made Nnamdi Kanu and the movement more popular. He should have ignored them as Jonathan did.
You are right, i don't know advised pmb to arrest nnamdi kalu.What do you think about my proposer for a referendum?

4 Likes

Re: How Buhari Should Handle Biafra Agitation by jcross19: 9:22pm On Nov 06, 2015
Jorussia:
You are right, i don't know advised pmb to arrest nnamdi kalu.What do you think about my proposer for a referendum?
you are right . Nigeria is for all not for one tribe or one sect of people we should approach our governmet with equity. in spain, soon we will have catalan as a country and if we apply equity to our government i think nigeria will be place of joy.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Buhari Should Handle Biafra Agitation by Jorussia(m): 9:25pm On Nov 06, 2015
jcross19:
you are right . Nigeria is for all not for one tribe or one sect of people we should approach our governmet with equity. in spain, soon we will have catalan as a country and if we apply equity to our government i think nigeria will be place of joy.
All tribes/ethnic group should be treated fairly.

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Should Handle Biafra Agitation by Nobody: 9:30pm On Nov 06, 2015
Jorussia:

Referendum will be inevitable and soon as there is a project on that currently with UN. IPOB has already submitted referendum petition done on Moveon.org a month ago with minimum 100,000 signatories required. I strongly believed UN told IPOB leadership that for you to be heard, we have to see evidence of protest and dissatisfaction from Biafrans not wanting to be part of Nigeria. That's exactly what they are doing and Nnamdi Kanu boldly coming back knowing full well he would be arrested tells me they had a plan. They are fervently gathering the evidence they need...something Nigerian government is not understanding. They are baiting the government and gathering their evidence for UN. Jonathan avoided this trap. The largest gathering ever in eastern Nigeria since civil war was at Aba on May 30th during Jonathan government...over a million showed up. This debunks the claim that Biafra agitation started under Buhari.

Lastly, releasing Nnamdi Kanu is too late...the damage has been done.

Biafra Remembrance Day May 30th at Aba under GEJ government.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWyq7PWrs8I

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Buhari Should Handle Biafra Agitation by Chanchit: 9:32pm On Nov 06, 2015
I would also have suggested a referendum but after the civil war, there was a written agreement that Biafra seize to exist and I won't advice wasting money because of some group of touts.

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Should Handle Biafra Agitation by yanabasee(m): 9:33pm On Nov 06, 2015
This is a civil war to begin with....

I've often times said that... This little mistakes of arresting Nnamdi Kalu with the mindset that the ibos can't do anything will not just bring a civil war...but a force of hatred between the ibos and other tribes that will be against their motion...

Buhari isn't acting like a General..and and a former HOS... This is 21st century... You don't breed war with force... Nigeria is way too backward with its it governance...

The ibos says the amalgamation treaty signed has long expired and they want a nation of its own.. It's left for the government to come up with a system that will quench this agitation... Becoz these ibos are not willing to give up... Be it kids or adult... Girls and women... They're virtually signing for this motion of a biafran state...

If the government can't do anything about it... Then this country has learned nothing... And I'm sure they've learned nothing becoz it's the same old ppl that is still ruling us... The leadership mantle is shared amongst them... Even at old age... Very soon.. They'll be giving powers to generals that are 100years old...

15 Likes

Re: How Buhari Should Handle Biafra Agitation by Jorussia(m): 9:34pm On Nov 06, 2015
Chanchit:
I would also have suggested a referendum but after the civil war, there was a written agreement that Biafra seize to exist and I won't advice wasting money because of some group of touts.
Let us not play down the threat to the existence of Nigeria by this present agitation of biafra

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Should Handle Biafra Agitation by Dosinspector(m): 9:35pm On Nov 06, 2015
We re LIVE and DIRECT

5 Likes

Re: How Buhari Should Handle Biafra Agitation by Jorussia(m): 9:36pm On Nov 06, 2015
yanabasee:
This is a civil war to begin with....

I've often times said that... This little mistakes of arresting Nnamdi Kalu with the mindset that the ibos can't do anything will not just bring a civil war...but a force of hatred between the ibos and other tribes that will be against their motion...

Buhari isn't acting like a General..and and a former HOS... This is 21st century... You don't breed war with force... Nigeria is way too backward with its it governance...

The ibos says the amalgamation treaty signed has long expired and they want a nation of its own.. It's left for the government to come up with a system that will quench this agitation... Becoz these ibos are not willing to give up... Be it kids or adult... Girls and women... They're virtually signing for this motion of a biafran state...

If the government can't do anything about it... Then this country has learned nothing... And I'm sure they've learned nothing becoz it's the same old ppl that is still ruling us... The leadership mantle is shared amongst them... Even at old age... Very soon.. They'll be giving powers to generals that are 100years old...
I don't think this is a civil war.This issue can be addressed by a Democratic means(referendum).

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Buhari Should Handle Biafra Agitation by opiaoku: 9:39pm On Nov 06, 2015
hmmmm

I'll always say it

the only solution to all these is a simple referendum but I doubt bullharry will risk that

fact is that 95% of igbos are fed up with the so called "one Nigeria"

imagine

a fellow country man deporting a fellow country man in the same country grin

a fellow country man calling a fellow country man inconsequential element (5%) and treat them as one

a fellow country man killing a fellow country in his village at slightest provocation
and so on..

and you expect me to be in the same country with the person.

fact is that Nigeria was never one and will never be
so the best solution is

to your tents oh Isreal

we can co-exist happily as neighboring countries peacefully

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Buhari Should Handle Biafra Agitation by fineguy11(m): 9:39pm On Nov 06, 2015
Jorussia:
I believe its high time,we as a Nation accept the fact that if this present Biafra agitation is not handled cautiously, it may consume this Nation. As somebody from ss,i have on many occasions here on nairaland expressed my disapproval of this present Biafra agitation. The present use of military force by pmb,will not solve this issue.We don't want a situation in this country, where Igbos who are indifferent in this present Biafra agitation, will begin to sympathise with the cause of the agitators of biafra ,because we are using military force to clamp down on their people. I advise president buhari,to immediately order the release of nnamdi kalu.Pmb should toe the line of David Cameron,by proposing a referendum for between September and November 2018.I strongly believe that with the majority of uncommon economic and infrastructural facelifts of the govt of pmb which will be manifesting by then(late 2018),across the country majority of Igbos will vote against Biafra.I urge pmb not to take the advise of people who are calling on him to use military force to crush Biafra agitators, because this method will not work.let the issue of Biafra be handled once and for all,through Democratic means(i.e,a referendum).
..as long as they are yet to gun down any security agent in nigeria,this PIRATE agitation is mere noise:IKE EKWEREMADU-2015..
Re: How Buhari Should Handle Biafra Agitation by Jorussia(m): 9:42pm On Nov 06, 2015
fineguy11:
..as long as they are yet to gun down any security agent in nigeria,this PIRATE agitation is mere noise:IKE EKWEREMADU-2015..
so they should kill before we take them serious? I hope you realise that this was how boko haram started?

2 Likes

Re: How Buhari Should Handle Biafra Agitation by Nobody: 9:46pm On Nov 06, 2015
Jorussia:
so they should kill before we take them serious? I hope you realise that this was how boko haram started?

Don't mind him. He thinks everything in life is calmed by force of arm.

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Should Handle Biafra Agitation by Jorussia(m): 9:48pm On Nov 06, 2015
new2020:

I don't understand that guy o.we should not repeat the mistakes of the past

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Should Handle Biafra Agitation by fineguy11(m): 9:55pm On Nov 06, 2015
Jorussia:
worst case senario,there wld be another NORTH EAST,in the SOUTH EAST..
Re: How Buhari Should Handle Biafra Agitation by Jorussia(m): 10:01pm On Nov 06, 2015
fineguy11:
worst case senario,there wld be another NORTH EAST,in the SOUTH EAST..
my brother, this is not the best way to address this issue.
Re: How Buhari Should Handle Biafra Agitation by fineguy11(m): 10:08pm On Nov 06, 2015
new2020:

if u think NIGERIA will consent to their demands thru dialouge or protest walks,,then u must be naive as the bread im abt to eat now....mention any country that has achieved secession tru dialouge in the last 50 years...like i said,,Nigeria will take them serious when they start killing security agents or burning down buildings...till then,its all noise-OJUKWU(1970).
Re: How Buhari Should Handle Biafra Agitation by cjrane: 10:10pm On Nov 06, 2015
[size=15pt]i think the janjaweeed general should import a lot of armoured tanks and open fire on peaceful protesters.

Why should he do anything less, when he simply dumped the result of the national confab in the dustbin can simply because he is the president?

Beside the fact that many eminent Nigerians were part of that conference, many of the conference participants are old enough to be his father.
[/size]

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Should Handle Biafra Agitation by Misterlaby: 10:12pm On Nov 06, 2015
Hmm.. Won't comment now
Re: How Buhari Should Handle Biafra Agitation by Jorussia(m): 10:15pm On Nov 06, 2015
cjrane:
[size=15pt]i think the janjaweeed general should import a lot of armoured tanks and open fire on peaceful protesters.

Why should he do anything less, when he simply dumped the result of the national confab in the dustbin can simply because he is the president?

Beside the fact that many eminent Nigerians were part of that conference, many of the conference participants are old enough to be his father.
[/size]
did the national confab addressed the issue of Biafra?
Re: How Buhari Should Handle Biafra Agitation by fineguy11(m): 10:20pm On Nov 06, 2015
Jorussia:
my brother, this is not the best way to address this issue.
How can u address a problem that hasnt officially manifested itself?their so called elites who represent them in political issues pertaining to the EAST are in abuja,,going abt their nomal activities..assuming u're in PMB"S shoes,what wld be your move?
Re: How Buhari Should Handle Biafra Agitation by PedroJP(m): 10:23pm On Nov 06, 2015
Referendum is the peaceful solution to break Nigeria unless Buhari decides to make history remember him for ages whereever Biafra is mentioned, then he will create the state of Biafra himself. Of course he must have taken a drum of spirit to do this.

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Should Handle Biafra Agitation by Jorussia(m): 10:24pm On Nov 06, 2015
fineguy11:
How can u address a problem that hasnt officially manifested itself?their so called elites who represent them in political issues pertaining to the EAST are in abuja,,going abt their nomal activities..assuming u're in PMB"S shoes,what wld be your move?
We don't need this issue to go out hand before we take action.The silence of the Igbo elite may be to our own disadvantage,if continue to use military force to continue to clamp down on their kinsmen.

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Should Handle Biafra Agitation by PedroJP(m): 10:26pm On Nov 06, 2015
Jorussia:

No, but addressed issues that would have brought equity and balance that Nigeria needs to progress.

4 Likes

Re: How Buhari Should Handle Biafra Agitation by opiaoku: 10:26pm On Nov 06, 2015
Jorussia:

listen the National conference did not address the issue directly rather it called for true federalism and equity and justice which i know that if such happens you'll see majority of igbos supporting it and thus the Biafran ish will be gone but Buhari did trash the report and so was the agitation. right now it's too late for that the only language an average igbo man hears now is biafra.

they'll will be shocked with the turn up today now they'll realize their mistakes especially nnamdi kanu's arrest.

honestly I was even shocked by the massive turn out.

referendum will put to an end of all these

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

434 MW Geregu 11 Power-plant Completed / This Is What Will Become Of Nigeria If It Breaks / Shehu Sani Urged Federal Government To Support South African Returnees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.