Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,926 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

Our Generation Has Failed Nigerians –ike Nwachuwku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Our Generation Has Failed Nigerians –ike Nwachuwku (705 Views)

"You Failed Nigerians Because You Didn't Listen" - Obasanjo Slams Jonathan / Buhari Has Failed Nigerians – sheikh Gumi / You Have Failed Nigerians - ASUU To Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Our Generation Has Failed Nigerians –ike Nwachuwku by speedyGonzales: 12:03pm On Nov 07, 2015
Former Foreign Affairs Minister, Gen. Ike Nwa­chukwu (rtd) has urged Nigerian youths not to build on the mistakes of past and present leaders even as he regretted his generation of Nigerian leaders has failed the country.

“I want to point out that be­fore independence, we had three regions, Western, Northern and Eastern Nigeria. That was how we started. After independence, those who could not win elections on their own began talk about, I am Igbo, I am Hausa, I am Yoru­ba, I am this and that. NADECO led us to where we are today. The military tried to set these things but the politicians as we all know returned us to the era of I am Igbo, I am Yoruba and so on and so forth. It is now the responsi­bility of the youth. I join you in saying that our generation must have failed, our generation failed you. We tried as individuals but collectively our generation failed. So, for those of you who are com­ing behind us now, you must cor­rect those mistakes, and move our country forward”, he stated.

He made the remarks at a lec­ture delivered Tuesday by the for­mer Minister of External Affairs, and Deputy Chairman for 2014 National Conference, Profes­sor Bolaji Akinyemi on African Countries: Politices, Democracy and Ethnicity at Agip Hall, Mu­son, Lagos. The programme was attended by two other discus­sants; Dr. Sa’idu Ahmad Du­kawa, a Senior Lecturer, Depart­ment of Political Science Bayero University, Kano and Ms. Yemi Adamolekun, Executive Direc­tor, Enough is Enough (EIE), among other eminent Nigerians from different professions. Nwa­chukwu who was chairman of the occasion remarked while summarizing the lecture that since his generation has failed Nigerians, and it is, now the re­sponsibility of the youth to move the nation forward, and not to dwell on their past mistakes.

He said Nigeria today is struc­turally defective while he called for a true federal system. Ac­cording to him, “We do not have a balanced Nigeria and until we have a balanced Nigeria, we will continue to have problems like we have now. This was what the National Conference addressed and I attended that conference. I thought it would give me an opportunity to present my case before a balanced Nigeria.

“Where do I really belong? I am Ike Nwachukwu from an Igbo father, I am Umaru from a Northern Hausa Fulani mother from Kastina, I am married to a Yoruba woman who is from Egba. So who do I belong to? The National Conference gave me an opportunity and luckily I had to lead the South Eastern delegates. We went through the conference, night over night. I was with all the delegates at the conference, trying to find solu­tion to Nigeria’s problem and we believe that we did.”

He added that “It is not neces­sary to continue making refer­ence to past National Confer­ences, which includes Jonathan conference or Obasanjo confer­ence or Babaginda conference or Murtala Muhammed conference and others in the name of gov­ernment of Nigeria. When shall we come down to take the bull by the horn and save ourself less pain and create a strong united Nigeria? You must be a Yoruba or Igbo or Hausa before you are who you are. But when you be­gin to translate who you are, eth­nicity leads to ethnicism that is where the problem is and Nigeria cannot play more of ethnicism than really being a Nigerian.”

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/our-generation-has-failed-nigerians-ike-nwachuwku/
Re: Our Generation Has Failed Nigerians –ike Nwachuwku by speedyGonzales: 12:03pm On Nov 07, 2015
So bloody right! the current generation are abject failures from OBJ to the last man!
Re: Our Generation Has Failed Nigerians –ike Nwachuwku by cosby02(m): 12:38pm On Nov 07, 2015
Hmm
Re: Our Generation Has Failed Nigerians –ike Nwachuwku by cosby02(m): 12:40pm On Nov 07, 2015
speedyGonzales:
So bloody right! the current generation are abject failures from OBJ to the last man!
We need serious fasting and prayer for the next generation not to be worst.

1 Like

Re: Our Generation Has Failed Nigerians –ike Nwachuwku by yang(m): 12:51pm On Nov 07, 2015
Saboteur Hausa man wearing Red cap

This fat pig is an Hausa man

He does not speak for Biafra
Re: Our Generation Has Failed Nigerians –ike Nwachuwku by basilo101: 3:28pm On Nov 07, 2015
Yorubas are the father of tribalism. yoruba is the problem with Nigeria.
Re: Our Generation Has Failed Nigerians –ike Nwachuwku by Doshmynthrill(m): 11:53pm On Nov 20, 2015
speedyGonzales:
Former Foreign Affairs Minister, Gen. Ike Nwa­chukwu (rtd) has urged Nigerian youths not to build on the mistakes of past and present leaders even as he regretted his generation of Nigerian leaders has failed the country.

“I want to point out that be­fore independence, we had three regions, Western, Northern and Eastern Nigeria. That was how we started. After independence, those who could not win elections on their own began talk about, I am Igbo, I am Hausa, I am Yoru­ba, I am this and that. NADECO led us to where we are today. The military tried to set these things but the politicians as we all know returned us to the era of I am Igbo, I am Yoruba and so on and so forth. It is now the responsi­bility of the youth. I join you in saying that our generation must have failed, our generation failed you. We tried as individuals but collectively our generation failed. So, for those of you who are com­ing behind us now, you must cor­rect those mistakes, and move our country forward”, he stated.

He made the remarks at a lec­ture delivered Tuesday by the for­mer Minister of External Affairs, and Deputy Chairman for 2014 National Conference, Profes­sor Bolaji Akinyemi on African Countries: Politices, Democracy and Ethnicity at Agip Hall, Mu­son, Lagos. The programme was attended by two other discus­sants; Dr. Sa’idu Ahmad Du­kawa, a Senior Lecturer, Depart­ment of Political Science Bayero University, Kano and Ms. Yemi Adamolekun, Executive Direc­tor, Enough is Enough (EIE), among other eminent Nigerians from different professions. Nwa­chukwu who was chairman of the occasion remarked while summarizing the lecture that since his generation has failed Nigerians, and it is, now the re­sponsibility of the youth to move the nation forward, and not to dwell on their past mistakes.

He said Nigeria today is struc­turally defective while he called for a true federal system. Ac­cording to him, “We do not have a balanced Nigeria and until we have a balanced Nigeria, we will continue to have problems like we have now. This was what the National Conference addressed and I attended that conference. I thought it would give me an opportunity to present my case before a balanced Nigeria.

“Where do I really belong? I am Ike Nwachukwu from an Igbo father, I am Umaru from a Northern Hausa Fulani mother from Kastina, I am married to a Yoruba woman who is from Egba. So who do I belong to? The National Conference gave me an opportunity and luckily I had to lead the South Eastern delegates. We went through the conference, night over night. I was with all the delegates at the conference, trying to find solu­tion to Nigeria’s problem and we believe that we did.”

He added that “It is not neces­sary to continue making refer­ence to past National Confer­ences, which includes Jonathan conference or Obasanjo confer­ence or Babaginda conference or Murtala Muhammed conference and others in the name of gov­ernment of Nigeria. When shall we come down to take the bull by the horn and save ourself less pain and create a strong united Nigeria? You must be a Yoruba or Igbo or Hausa before you are who you are. But when you be­gin to translate who you are, eth­nicity leads to ethnicism that is where the problem is and Nigeria cannot play more of ethnicism than really being a Nigerian.”

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/our-generation-has-failed-nigerians-ike-nwachuwku/

You always copy articles and then paste them in this forum and then put a link to the original article att the bottom! what a fücking loser

you are degenerated

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Have Turned GOD To A Politician By Force! / Palestinian Teen Girls Stab 70-year-old Palestinian Man Mistaken For Israeli PIX / Photo-speak! President @mbuhari Has Hit The Ground Flying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.