Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,144 members, 7,818,433 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

Tribunal Sacks Darius Ishaku, Declares Aisha Jumai Alhassan‎ Winner - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tribunal Sacks Darius Ishaku, Declares Aisha Jumai Alhassan‎ Winner (60911 Views)

Aisha Jumai Alhassan And Osinbajo Meet In Taraba State Today / Turns Out Gov. Darius Ishaku Has A Good Case At The Court Of APPEAL. / Aisha Jummai-Alhassan 1st Elected Female Governor As Tribunal Sacks Ishaku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tribunal Sacks Darius Ishaku, Declares Aisha Jumai Alhassan‎ Winner by bashydemy(m): 2:38pm On Nov 07, 2015
chukwudi44:
Hmm so election petition tribunals can sit in Abuja but PDP primaries cant be held in Abuja? Abegi tell me something!! It would be interesting to see what the supreme court would rule on the matter!!
Hahha sorry chukwudi, it pains alot.. Mind you Wike also aproach appeal court about tribunal being held in Abuja and remember what the judgement was even in supreme court dismiss the case.....

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/192218-supreme-court-dismisses-wikes-suit-against-tribunal.html

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/breaking-supreme-court-dismisses-wikes-suit-against-tribunal/

is not business as usual

3 Likes

Re: Tribunal Sacks Darius Ishaku, Declares Aisha Jumai Alhassan‎ Winner by babafirst(m): 2:38pm On Nov 07, 2015
chukwudi44:
Though the judgement would be appealed,they better be careful trying to foist a muslim as a Governor in a state like Taraba!!
A time comes when people no longer give a damn about religion in making their choices.The time has come in Taraba and as in the ICRC the patient does not discriminate between the Cross or Crescent ,the patient only wants treatment.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribunal Sacks Darius Ishaku, Declares Aisha Jumai Alhassan‎ Winner by Rapoo(m): 2:39pm On Nov 07, 2015
Is Saturday the only day that the tribunal nullifies governor ship elections Wike of rivers was Saturday and this one again, pls are there supposed to work during weekends

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Sacks Darius Ishaku, Declares Aisha Jumai Alhassan‎ Winner by tope777(m): 2:39pm On Nov 07, 2015
InHim4Him:

Hope there will still be an entity called Nigeria by then?

And the same people made up of old PDP now ruling via APC grin cool cool....
Meaning = PDP still ruling Nigeria via name change = APC shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Sacks Darius Ishaku, Declares Aisha Jumai Alhassan‎ Winner by Tinkinguy(m): 2:40pm On Nov 07, 2015
Guys, I think some issues need to be considered very well about this verdict.
PDP candidate was removed not because he didn't win the election. According to the judge, he was removed because he was not properly selected by PDP.
With this I have my reservation on the verdict.

5 Likes

Re: Tribunal Sacks Darius Ishaku, Declares Aisha Jumai Alhassan‎ Winner by Babajk(m): 2:41pm On Nov 07, 2015
360metrosports:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/tribunal-sacks-pdps-ishaku-as-taraba-gov/
TY even being with PMB that doesn't prevent Justice to take it due cost, this is the true Naija we are willing for where Justice, peace shall reign
Re: Tribunal Sacks Darius Ishaku, Declares Aisha Jumai Alhassan‎ Winner by Junior66(m): 2:41pm On Nov 07, 2015
homirefacuny:

Oya clap for yourself..... Muslim no be person abi??
My brother, if you are a Taraba xtian you may not really consider a Muslim as person o. Religion de very important in that state. When Taraba recruited staff for their teaching service board about a year ago, about 1000 appointments were made, less than 250 and fifty were xtians. It was simply because the acting governor was a muslim.when GEJ was stoned on his campaign visit to Jalingo, it was in a Muslim dominated part of the town that his convoy was stoned. So many other evidences exost for their deep religious sentiments.

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Sacks Darius Ishaku, Declares Aisha Jumai Alhassan‎ Winner by prideofscience: 2:41pm On Nov 07, 2015
Mumu cross breed of castrated Abriba monga dog. ask ur mom abt dt.......Biafran ur mandate
kozmokaz:
get ready fr d shock of ur life... cux za outcome won't b nice
Re: Tribunal Sacks Darius Ishaku, Declares Aisha Jumai Alhassan‎ Winner by Rapoo(m): 2:41pm On Nov 07, 2015
Kastonkastroll:
Look I just said the truth here. I'm sorry if my truth offends you. Btw we will never keep mute in the face of injustice, corruption and impunity which PDP all represents.....
To the best of my knowledge, u don't say the truth via accusations.. Think about it bro lipsrsealed
Re: Tribunal Sacks Darius Ishaku, Declares Aisha Jumai Alhassan‎ Winner by omojeesu(m): 2:42pm On Nov 07, 2015
KillaBeans:
This is nice and this is also a victory for all female, our sisters, our wives, our mothers. There is hope for the females.

My Dakuku my Dakuku....... Just relax my brother Rivers state is yours.

That may be a tall order in Rivers!

2 Likes

Re: Tribunal Sacks Darius Ishaku, Declares Aisha Jumai Alhassan‎ Winner by bashydemy(m): 2:42pm On Nov 07, 2015
Tinkinguy:
PDP candidate was removed not because he didn't win the election. According to the judge, he was removed because he was not properly selected by PDP.
Exactly you get it jare.... even supreme court will dismiss the case.
Re: Tribunal Sacks Darius Ishaku, Declares Aisha Jumai Alhassan‎ Winner by babafirst(m): 2:43pm On Nov 07, 2015
kozmokaz:
a re run will prove who wins ..

am certain apc can never win taraba in a free and fair election
There is no re-run in this one except the appellate court rules otherwise,this is outright dismissal,in boxing knock out,football red card or wrestling pinfall or suplex city lol.

2 Likes

Re: Tribunal Sacks Darius Ishaku, Declares Aisha Jumai Alhassan‎ Winner by Justus904(m): 2:44pm On Nov 07, 2015
Apc! Change
Re: Tribunal Sacks Darius Ishaku, Declares Aisha Jumai Alhassan‎ Winner by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 2:44pm On Nov 07, 2015
samflex:

The lady from Anambra wasn't elected, this is the first elected female governor. Do you Get it now?
Elected or imposed from d Courts after loosing d election?

2 Likes

Re: Tribunal Sacks Darius Ishaku, Declares Aisha Jumai Alhassan‎ Winner by yemmynoni: 2:45pm On Nov 07, 2015
InHim4Him:

Hope there will still be an entity called Nigeria by then?
yes
Re: Tribunal Sacks Darius Ishaku, Declares Aisha Jumai Alhassan‎ Winner by rocgirl: 2:47pm On Nov 07, 2015
alheriTOJ:
My state setting the precedence for women in government/governance. Here's to Aisha Jummai Alhassan and all the other hardworking women in politics and other careers, cheers!

Cheers!
Re: Tribunal Sacks Darius Ishaku, Declares Aisha Jumai Alhassan‎ Winner by Rapoo(m): 2:48pm On Nov 07, 2015
A party that doesn't need an opposition in a country or nation is simply a cheat and so dime afraid
Re: Tribunal Sacks Darius Ishaku, Declares Aisha Jumai Alhassan‎ Winner by presidentitotoh: 2:50pm On Nov 07, 2015
There is a conspiracy to flush out all the pdp governors by the apc...GMB is using the judiciary to fight the pdp and gradually make them powerless and insignificant thereby driving them into virtual extinction from Nigeria's political biosphere. Apc has successfully infiltrated the helm of power and will now stop at nothing to eliminate all threats that could jeopardize their affairs as regards their vision to become the ultimate custodians of power..Pdp is in for a ride!!!this happens to be more than just a fight against the opposition...It is the total destruction of the party that was once untouchable and regarded as the most powerful party in Africa..Nigeria's political history is about to be rewritten!!!!

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Sacks Darius Ishaku, Declares Aisha Jumai Alhassan‎ Winner by KillaBeans(m): 2:51pm On Nov 07, 2015
omojeesu:

That may be a tall order in Rivers!
yes it might be difficult to achieve but it is definitely possible. I think Dakuku was robbed.
Re: Tribunal Sacks Darius Ishaku, Declares Aisha Jumai Alhassan‎ Winner by citizenY(m): 2:52pm On Nov 07, 2015
Obiebuka:
I beg to disagree, first was from Anambra.

We ARE talking of "elected " not "follow come ".
Re: Tribunal Sacks Darius Ishaku, Declares Aisha Jumai Alhassan‎ Winner by samflex(m): 2:53pm On Nov 07, 2015
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Elected or imposed from d Courts after loosing d election?

Elected! You people should stop arguing unnecessarily, that woman was clearly robbed by the pdp that's why the imposter governor was sacked rather than conduct a fresh election....i'm happy she's been vindicated by the tribunal.
Re: Tribunal Sacks Darius Ishaku, Declares Aisha Jumai Alhassan‎ Winner by okechukwu3: 2:53pm On Nov 07, 2015
Taraba that i know.. That woman cannot win a free and fair election in Taraba, anyway i never know the bases of disqualification of the PDP candidate, this will not go well with Tarabians.

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Sacks Darius Ishaku, Declares Aisha Jumai Alhassan‎ Winner by bashydemy(m): 2:53pm On Nov 07, 2015
presidentitotoh:
There is a conspiracy to flush out all the pdp governors by the apc...GMB is using the judiciary to fight the pdp and gradually make them powerless and insignificant thereby driving them into virtual extinction from Nigeria's political biosphere. Apc has successfully infiltrated the helm of power and will now stop at nothing to eliminate all threats that could jeopardize their affairs as regards their vision to become the ultimate custodians of power..Pdp is in for a ride!!!this happens to be more than just a fight against the opposition...It is the total destruction of the party that was once untouchable and regarded as the most powerful party in Africa..Nigeria's political history is about to be rewritten!!!!
stop fooling your self, PDP win tribunal in Delta and Abia. Who do we blame for that?
Re: Tribunal Sacks Darius Ishaku, Declares Aisha Jumai Alhassan‎ Winner by mrodogu: 2:54pm On Nov 07, 2015
dustmalik:

I'm not sure myself. But, unlike the judgement of the River state guber election, the tribunal chairman specifically asked Ishiaku Darius to vacate his seat immediately, and Aisha be immediately sworn-in.
OK thanks man
Re: Tribunal Sacks Darius Ishaku, Declares Aisha Jumai Alhassan‎ Winner by lawbabs: 2:56pm On Nov 07, 2015
LordMecuzy:
APC make una easy na we need opposition in Nigeria..

I don't like this

Opposition without legitimacy? That isn't what opposition is all about...
Re: Tribunal Sacks Darius Ishaku, Declares Aisha Jumai Alhassan‎ Winner by MMMFAGUY1: 2:56pm On Nov 07, 2015
Wow. shame on T.Y Danjuma and his cabal.
Re: Tribunal Sacks Darius Ishaku, Declares Aisha Jumai Alhassan‎ Winner by theSpark(m): 2:56pm On Nov 07, 2015
Tinkinguy:

The judgement is questionable in my opinion. Comparing it with Amaechi's case that made him Governor where it was ruled that it was the party people voted for and not the candidate hence Amaechi was sworn in despite not being on the ballot.

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Sacks Darius Ishaku, Declares Aisha Jumai Alhassan‎ Winner by Gracito(f): 2:57pm On Nov 07, 2015
mannobi:
That is to say.... Nyelson wike was very lucky
Asineh my brother
Re: Tribunal Sacks Darius Ishaku, Declares Aisha Jumai Alhassan‎ Winner by Olukayodeorator: 2:58pm On Nov 07, 2015
Thank God for allowing the new party to come on board if not so we wouldn't have had it in the history of the country that during the democratic era a woman becomes governor in Nigeria.

Shame on the PDP and to all its supporters. shocked
Re: Tribunal Sacks Darius Ishaku, Declares Aisha Jumai Alhassan‎ Winner by Tolatutu: 2:58pm On Nov 07, 2015
I am so happy for her. I always felt that she was cheated because all the results that first came out indicated that she was winning only for the next day to come and they had changed the results. This is a big win for women grin
Re: Tribunal Sacks Darius Ishaku, Declares Aisha Jumai Alhassan‎ Winner by lawbabs: 3:00pm On Nov 07, 2015
EternalTruths:
No wonder the economy is collapsing

Time that should be spent on reviving the economy is spent fighting opposition. undecided

Winning at the tribunal is fighting opposition? You must be joking... Sign of wailing! Abeg continue

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Sacks Darius Ishaku, Declares Aisha Jumai Alhassan‎ Winner by citizenY(m): 3:01pm On Nov 07, 2015
omenka:
Very true. I was shocked when news came in she lost. Result that trickled in from polling units showed she was coasting home to victory.

Congrats to her on the restoration of her mandate.

Oya, Beremx, Modath, are you guys happy now?? This one na major affirmative action oo. cheesy

Beremx... you next . ... .

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu: Dangote Became A Billionaire Because FG Gave Him Monopoly / Letter From Anyim Pius Anyim To Jonathan, Former President / Owners Of Oil Wells In Nigeria Unveiled By Segun Adeniyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.