Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,972 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:36 AM

No Morality In Governance, If You Want To Be Moral, Go To Church – Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Morality In Governance, If You Want To Be Moral, Go To Church – Amaechi (2904 Views)

Northern Youths Blast Dangote: "You Are A Traitor, Moral Liability To Us" / Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria / Major Jack Wears Slippers To Church - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Morality In Governance, If You Want To Be Moral, Go To Church – Amaechi by Freegift75: 8:25pm On Nov 07, 2015
www.dailypost.ng/2014/11/04/morality-governance-want-moral-go-church-governor-amaechi/

Governor Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers State on Tuesday
morning featured on AIT’s flagship programme: Focus
Nigeria, where he advised those seeking to find
goodness or morality in politics and governance to look
the way of churches instead.

The Governor who made this known while expressing
his reservations with President Goodluck Jonathan said
“I respect the president as a person. He is a gentle man,
he is a good man but there is no morality in governance.

There is no goodness in governance. If you want to be
moral or want to be a good man, go to church. Right
there when it comes to governance, it’s about the
people. It is about delivering to the people. It is about
competence. It is about your ability to perform.

“So when you look at the President and you say he is a
gentle man, you should also look at somebody in terms
of performance. But even those who say he is a good
man, what about the fact that you can compare his
government to Abacha’s government. What is the
difference?

1 Like

Re: No Morality In Governance, If You Want To Be Moral, Go To Church – Amaechi by BreezyCB(m): 8:28pm On Nov 07, 2015
True Talk
Re: No Morality In Governance, If You Want To Be Moral, Go To Church – Amaechi by ojun50(m): 8:33pm On Nov 07, 2015
Talk true
Re: No Morality In Governance, If You Want To Be Moral, Go To Church – Amaechi by mannobi(m): 8:43pm On Nov 07, 2015
The dirty game called politics where common citizens kill themselves over perceived political enemies who share same table at the bar. Nothing is good in Nigeria politics not even Buhari or GEJ.

2 Likes

Re: No Morality In Governance, If You Want To Be Moral, Go To Church – Amaechi by Mogidi: 9:14pm On Nov 07, 2015
Amaechi announcing to the world he has no morality, he shouldn't have bothered, we already know he has no morality.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: No Morality In Governance, If You Want To Be Moral, Go To Church – Amaechi by Nobody: 9:17pm On Nov 07, 2015
wenti child of God dey find for politics. seriously it only take GRACE. politics is a dirty game.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Morality In Governance, If You Want To Be Moral, Go To Church – Amaechi by omolami: 9:32pm On Nov 07, 2015
Clearly admission if acts of immorality leading to embezzlement of state fund as governor. It is unfortunate that this statement comes from Amaechi. Nigeria should brace up for. the worse with APC govt

7 Likes

Re: No Morality In Governance, If You Want To Be Moral, Go To Church – Amaechi by speedyGonzales: 9:35pm On Nov 07, 2015
bloody destroyed PH! yet Nigeria worships him!

where is the mega hospital?

Amaechi To Build $150m Mega Hospital In Port Harcourt ( July 18, 2009)

https://www.nairaland.com/298621/amaechi-build-150m-mega-hospital

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Morality In Governance, If You Want To Be Moral, Go To Church – Amaechi by saint047(m): 9:35pm On Nov 07, 2015
7th Defeat of the Season.
I think We need to relocate our matter to Abuja immediately.
Let me even contact APC.
Re: No Morality In Governance, If You Want To Be Moral, Go To Church – Amaechi by Freegift75: 5:18am On Nov 08, 2015
misspresident:
wenti child of God dey find for politics. seriously it only take GRACE. politics is a dirty game.

Is there anyone on earth that is not child of God?
Re: No Morality In Governance, If You Want To Be Moral, Go To Church – Amaechi by Lanretoye(m): 6:21am On Nov 08, 2015
To some extent,I concur...every politician is like a ruler,they can so bend.
Re: No Morality In Governance, If You Want To Be Moral, Go To Church – Amaechi by dBard: 6:44am On Nov 08, 2015
This is a rather disappointing statement coming from a statesman.
What has morality got to do with governance? Everything.
If governance was about delivering, ppl like Gaddaffi shouldn't have had any problems.
One of the primary things a good leader needs is a strong moral code and those bereft of it or with flexible morals have no business being at the helm.

In more developed climes, he shouldn't be able to live down this statement..here tho, it'll soon be about wailing and masturbaters.

3 Likes

Re: No Morality In Governance, If You Want To Be Moral, Go To Church – Amaechi by chacoonder(m): 6:57am On Nov 08, 2015
speedyGonzales:
bloody destroyed PH! yet Nigeria worships him!

where is the mega hospital?
did he tell you that?..Amaechi is not Akpabio!
Re: No Morality In Governance, If You Want To Be Moral, Go To Church – Amaechi by benuejosh: 7:05am On Nov 08, 2015
The General and leader of the Common sense revolution.

The slayer of PDP.

The night mere of the wailer.

The Lion of Ubima.

The cancer of Wike's brain.

The Minister of the federal republic of Naija.

MrRotimiAmeachi

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Morality In Governance, If You Want To Be Moral, Go To Church – Amaechi by denedene(m): 7:05am On Nov 08, 2015
I haven't taken any bribe in my life. YOU LIE

2 Likes

Re: No Morality In Governance, If You Want To Be Moral, Go To Church – Amaechi by millhouse: 7:15am On Nov 08, 2015
dBard:
If governance was about delivering, ppl like Gaddaffi shouldn't have had any problems.
One of the primary things a good leader needs is a strong moral code and those bereft of it or with flexible morals have no business being at the helm.

In more developed climes, he shouldn't be able to live down this statement..here tho, it'll soon be about wailing and masturbaters.
my broda... You can imagine the kind country we live in... And he will be Celebrated with that kind of statement... We are what we are

3 Likes

Re: No Morality In Governance, If You Want To Be Moral, Go To Church – Amaechi by Nobody: 7:23am On Nov 08, 2015
I don't complain again whenever my wife starts nagging thanks to Amaechi.

When a full grown man opens his mouth wide and talk brainlessly, why do we complain about women's nagging.

Tufiakwaangry

2 Likes

Re: No Morality In Governance, If You Want To Be Moral, Go To Church – Amaechi by Phame: 7:32am On Nov 08, 2015
I think he's quoting machiavelli there. Dont misunderstand him, read everything he says up there, and you'd know he's right.
Re: No Morality In Governance, If You Want To Be Moral, Go To Church – Amaechi by bigerboy200: 7:33am On Nov 08, 2015
Gbam
Re: No Morality In Governance, If You Want To Be Moral, Go To Church – Amaechi by Phame: 7:47am On Nov 08, 2015
dBard:

read, I mean, read! If you want to play morals, get out of the murky water of politics.
Being a good person doesn't make you a good person- Obasanjo(bbc hardtalk interview).
gej is a good person as an individual, but does that in anyway translate to good governance?
Rev. Joli nyame was one of the worst and most corrupt governors in nigeria. Where is the morality when other govnos like adamu muazu who are not men of God were delivering dividends of democracy to their people ,but a man of God was busy looting Taraba?
Amaechi just quoted machiavelli and there is nothing wrong with that.

1 Like

Re: No Morality In Governance, If You Want To Be Moral, Go To Church – Amaechi by Phame: 7:48am On Nov 08, 2015
SirJeffry:
I don't complain again whenever my wife starts nagging thanks to Amaechi.

When a full grown man opens his mouth wide and talk brainlessly, why do we complain about women's nagging.

Tufiakwaangry
you don't read.
Re: No Morality In Governance, If You Want To Be Moral, Go To Church – Amaechi by muri4mig(m): 7:56am On Nov 08, 2015
I bet with my left testes that dis guy did not read d content of the news, rather he comment based on the headline. Read again and tank me later.
Re: No Morality In Governance, If You Want To Be Moral, Go To Church – Amaechi by Nobody: 7:58am On Nov 08, 2015
He is absolutely right, how can people call GEJ a good person when he allowed every dick and Harry steal and siphon money from government. Legalising corruption in all ramifications.
Re: No Morality In Governance, If You Want To Be Moral, Go To Church – Amaechi by Nobody: 7:59am On Nov 08, 2015
Phame:
you don't read.
Goodluck is enjoying his retirement while the goat of Amaechi won't allow him rest with his loud and dirty mouth.

Ehee, what did you say again? I can't remember.undecided
Re: No Morality In Governance, If You Want To Be Moral, Go To Church – Amaechi by golddeejay(m): 8:02am On Nov 08, 2015
Phame:
I think he's quoting machiavelli there. Dont misunderstand him, read everything he says up there, and you'd know he's right.
God bless u. Maybe most people condemning him did not bother to read the post. I am not his supporter but I agreed with him that leaders are judged based on their performances and not their Goodwill, so any politician playing morality card is an hypocrite. Jst show us what u have done! I think Amaechi has a point here.

Modified : I think Amaechi is bad student of machiavellism. Telling pple the boring cliches they like to hear and not the 'truth' like Amaechi is doing is real machiavellism. Most people know the truth already but don't like hearing the truth. As a politician, telling people the absolute truth will win u more haters than supporters. i think Amaechi shd learn to be more subtle with the truth when in public.
As Niccolo Machiavelli once said

"For a long time, I have not said what I believed, nor do I ever believe what I say, and if indeed sometimes I do happen to tell d truth, I hide it among so many lies that it is hard to find"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Morality In Governance, If You Want To Be Moral, Go To Church – Amaechi by CSTR2: 8:11am On Nov 08, 2015
Third world hell.
Look at the quality of the leaders.
Morality has no place in govt?pfft.
Nigerian leaders are a special breed of wickedness and stupidity.

2 Likes

Re: No Morality In Governance, If You Want To Be Moral, Go To Church – Amaechi by Phame: 8:13am On Nov 08, 2015
golddeejay:
God bless u. Maybe most people condemning him did not bother to read the post. I am not his supporter but I agreed with him that leaders are judged based on their performances and not their Goodwill, so any politician playing morality card is an hypocrite. Jst show us what u have done! I think Amaechi has a point here.
most people don't read.
Re: No Morality In Governance, If You Want To Be Moral, Go To Church – Amaechi by speedyGonzales: 8:22am On Nov 08, 2015
chacoonder:
did he tell you that?..Amaechi is not Akpabio!

Akpabio built something man, Amaechi not even a stone!

Amaechi To Build $150m Mega Hospital In Port Harcourt ( July 18, 2009)

https://www.nairaland.com/298621/amaechi-build-150m-mega-hospital
Re: No Morality In Governance, If You Want To Be Moral, Go To Church – Amaechi by Nobody: 8:40am On Nov 08, 2015
Word
Re: No Morality In Governance, If You Want To Be Moral, Go To Church – Amaechi by jaybanfa(m): 8:44am On Nov 08, 2015
Ameachi equates Jonathan's administration to that of Abacha's, while Buhari says Abacha's administration wasn't corrupt! Go figure.

1 Like

Re: No Morality In Governance, If You Want To Be Moral, Go To Church – Amaechi by HopeAtHand: 8:58am On Nov 08, 2015
misspresident:

Ask Osinbajo.
Re: No Morality In Governance, If You Want To Be Moral, Go To Church – Amaechi by Ikemefuna44: 10:22am On Nov 08, 2015
I am LAUGHING OUT LOUD... @ all dt commented, this tread was made last year 4th November, 2014 when Amaechi was governor and GEJ was still president. All your comments were made in topical faith. So it's ludicrous.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Prayer For Nigeria In Distress / Nation Of Islam Pedophiles-Secret take over of the NOI by the Sodomite Boule. / Nigeria's Economic Woes- Who Is Responsible?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.