Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,471 members, 7,812,449 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:32 PM

Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k - NYSC (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k (68872 Views)

FG Set To Increase Allowance Of Corpers - NYSC DG / Corpse Of Corper Who Died From Laptop Explosion Taken To Home Town In Ogun State / Sokoto State Increases Allowance Of Corpers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by ogawisdom(m): 1:30pm On Nov 08, 2015
homesteady:
[img]http://2.bp..com/-KR2W7Dn0SvE/Vj5TMvyjzSI/AAAAAAAHPIY/6esPCjEeK-w/s1600/unnamed.jpg[/img]

While Pharmacists & Nurses who were earning #91,000 and #79,000 respectively, are now to be paid 5k. Photo Credit: Twitter @obaino_

www.lindaikejisblog.com/2015/11/monthly-allowance-of-corper-doctors-in.html?m=1

While I think 15k is too low but 130k is too high may b
30k shld b OK as allowance. It is a national service take it or leave it

Most of us got zero naira from state govt during service only federal paid us then n my time is 7.5k

Medicine shld b made less attractive so d ppl dt love it will b d only ones there n nt some money hungry idi.ots dt will kill d profession.
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by Cmeo(m): 1:32pm On Nov 08, 2015
pet4ril:
They should be ready to record deaths nau..... Nonsense.... Imagine a Nurse 5k. Do you know the sleeplessnights and stress it take to be a nurse Oh no! He doesn't know..... If i were in that state, i would have worked according to the amount he paid .mtcheeew

where is the service if only the doctors, nurses and pharmacists are after money and not community service?
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by cbrass(m): 1:42pm On Nov 08, 2015
pet4ril:
They should be ready to record deaths nau..... Nonsense.... Imagine a Nurse 5k. Do you know the sleeplessnights and stress it take to be a nurse Oh no! He doesn't know..... If i were in that state, i would have worked according to the amount he paid .mtcheeew

Do yo know what it takes to be a physicist undecided
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by Nobody: 1:47pm On Nov 08, 2015
generally the economy is bad and requires readjusting
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by Dozzysamuel(m): 1:50pm On Nov 08, 2015
homesteady:
[img]http://2.bp..com/-KR2W7Dn0SvE/Vj5TMvyjzSI/AAAAAAAHPIY/6esPCjEeK-w/s1600/unnamed.jpg[/img]

While Pharmacists & Nurses who were earning #91,000 and #79,000 respectively, are now to be paid 5k. Photo Credit: Twitter @obaino_

www.lindaikejisblog.com/2015/11/monthly-allowance-of-corper-doctors-in.html?m=1
...nice one,there must be equity amongst all corp members irrespective of ur discipline.
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by redcliff: 1:50pm On Nov 08, 2015
otiigba1:
i can't believe you wrote this, am assuming you never get ill.your opinion on doctors will definitely change one day when you are really sick and there will be no doctors to treat you. I think they are not getting paid enough, 130k is chicken money compare to the work they do.
i understand that doctors are very important but in a system like nysc where the aim of the programme is service to fatherland, they should not be treated superior to otger corpers who also went to school just like they did.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by Meritocracy: 1:55pm On Nov 08, 2015
Remember you're a corper not state employee. Go to other state and earn nothing.
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by pet4ril(f): 1:56pm On Nov 08, 2015
cbrass:

oh yeah grin grin you are very funny thats what one of my younger ones studied
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by obynaDmob(m): 2:02pm On Nov 08, 2015
Kai my heart is broken o..i was thinking about going to ebonyi after internship..nna mehn cry
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by cbrass(m): 2:02pm On Nov 08, 2015
pet4ril:
oh yeah grin grin you are very funny thats what one of my younger ones studied

Ehen.. ask your bro about quantum physics, am sure there won't be smile on his face when he replies you.I carried that course twice grin even still when I passed it it was 40E I had. My sister physics is not child's play o
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by Ramos16(m): 2:03pm On Nov 08, 2015
psychologist:
Engineering corpers will be like
funny but true, engineers deserve to be treated as good as doctors, its unfortunate the nigerian government have not recognized the role of the engineer, but the truth is that there are more engineers practicing engineering than doctors practicing medcine, hence engineers contribute more to the nation than medcine, the only difference is that engineers deal indirectly with clients whereas doctors have direct contact hence their impact
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by Nobody: 2:09pm On Nov 08, 2015
alex007a:
Pls, 15k is even too big. Why will they pay a corper 130k. We as cadet of NDA don't receive such amount of Money and we train and risk of lives to protect the integrity of Nigeria. To me state shouldn't pay corpers again. grin[color=#990000][/color]. No course is better than the other.
Oga cadet, do docs earn the same as others in the military? #justasking!
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by ekhai(m): 2:11pm On Nov 08, 2015
Thank God na pdp state from wailers stronghold. Otherwise, this thrend would have turned upside down. Wailers over to you. Food don done for Ebonyi.
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by lebete3000: 2:14pm On Nov 08, 2015
Datazone:

I am not gonna rest too to show how greedy you can be... Ole

I prefer to be greedy you prefer to be stuupid. We fit ourself, abeg mumu con clean my yansh for me.
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by lebete3000: 2:28pm On Nov 08, 2015
dumodust:

Yeah, they should pay everybody the same thing, even cleaners should earn the same as ceo's... abi what are the ceo's doing self apart from seating all day in air conditioned offices while the cleaners are exposed to all the hazard like toilet shit and urine... those ceo's are being paid millions for nothing, wetin those small boys know self abi...crude logic
the westerners that started paying people on different scales are not stupid... ebonyi that is even backward is paying 15k and you're all applauding... who will stay there? Is it by force to work? 15k woth of work is just 7am-11am chikena... no calls, so if you're sick at night... oyo
mr NDA, there's a reason your pay is low, putting it simply, you're an 'olodo' who couldnt compete and make the cut... sorry u're now part of the unskilled workforce, I sympathise with you but you have no other choice except farming... on a scale of importance, you suck... even boko will preserve a captured medic but as for you... utterly dispensible
sorry for being this blunt, hope the guns aint to heavy as you head out... cheers

Chai! see finishing? I love ds guy! he put the unskilled workers in dr place...very shameless set of ignorant people trying to make a Doctor collect even lower dan a cleaner in a hospital and den saying we're doing it for money if we refuse to accept it....no we should be doing it for nothing.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by sogodihno: 2:29pm On Nov 08, 2015
Do u guys expect someone that av been receiving 170k as house officer or intern to go back and been receiving 15k. Wat kind of retrogression is that? God even know I won't stay there.
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by pet4ril(f): 2:29pm On Nov 08, 2015
cbrass:

Ehen.. ask your bro about quantum physics, am sure there won't be smile on his face when he replies you.I carried that course twice grin even still when I passed it it was 40E I had. My sister physics is not child's play o
kk...but thank God you were able to scale through.... Congrats
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by rhymz(m): 2:31pm On Nov 08, 2015
I doubt if some of the kids parading themselves here as doctors and e-fighting and talking down on other professions are actually Doctors.

It is not in doubt that the medical field (not just doctors as they alone don't make up the entire field) is very important but so are the other professions you lot try to talk down and sound like being a doctor confers on you some special powers and abilities.

In all honesty, the pay is too damn small, equally as ridiculous as the payment difference between medical corpers and none medical corpers. There is no justification for N130,000 as against N19500, it just does not make sense. However, that is not the issue here, the issue here is the fact that the corper doctors expressing anger and talking like they are going to start an outbreak if they don't review the salary make it seem like the only reason they are doctors is because they get fat salaries even before they get to start.

Before some of you open your mouth to rant and talk shit, you need to first understand the financial challenges of the state, if they can not sustain the payment, there is nothing wrong if they cut it down to something reasonable albeit not the current salary announced.

But to talk like medical corpers won't survive a slash in their salary is to exaggerate their importance and what they stand for..... This is supposed to be a service to father land no need trying to go NLC on the state government as if you are serving to make money.

The fact is this, if other copers can survive with as little as19k monthly salary, medical corpers won't die with a little more as salary. And please quit all that chest beating nonsense about how much work you do or how long it takes to read medicine, that argument is redundant, people from other professions too put in their time and mental energy as well to be successful at what they do, this is not about who is more important, if it comes down to that, the big pharmaceuticals are.....

At least we all saw how they exerted their importance during the Ebola virus outbreak, even doctors were not spared until the big pharmaceuticals went into their labs, so please come off your high horse, every profession is damn important, without them, medicine won't be successful.

3 Likes

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by lebete3000: 2:33pm On Nov 08, 2015
Onyiridike:
It is simple. ALL MBBS graduates studied medicine for MONEY and TITLE (DR.).

It baffles me tremendously that they insult and look down on teachers who trained them to become doctors.

There is nothing stressful about medicine because I studied some courses with them.

Apart from surgery, I can do virtually everything that a doctor does. I can't remember going for treatment in any hospital.

Do you know that Medical doctors believe that they are next to God. What arrogance! They also look down on Nurses, laboratorists, Physiologists, Anatomists and Biochemists who trained them in the medical school.

In developed countries where PREVENTION is a priority over CURE, Research scientists earn more respect than Doctors.

Industrial Pharmacists and Biochemists who design drugs, produce drugs and ascertain its toxicity and dosage are the life savers. The reason is that, it is actually drugs that cure diseases and not doctors.

It seems, I should go into lecturing and teach some of these MBBS guys some respect.

this is getting ridiculous, even a teacher sef talking. saying she can do EVERYTHING a doctor does apart from Surgery.even d doctor they're insulting can't make dat claim on his own profession.

How long will people continue in ds stupidiity? how long? well I guess it will never stop...my utmost prayer is for doctors to find a job in developed countries and leave ds country for just 1week. I'm sure they won't even miss us one bit afterall they can do everything we do.
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by lebete3000: 2:36pm On Nov 08, 2015
dumodust:

Guy, you dont need to capitalise to express your frustration... engineers are dispensable and in nigeria, your certificate may not be worth much outside your state talkless of beyond. Engineering is not one of the cardinal indices of national progress or development... universal healthcare is unfortunately one to your consternation... sad
sorry.... but you chose the course at that critical time... and you couldn't still do well to get a well paying oil or construction job, it shall be well if you face your endeavours, work hard and leave other people's salary negotiations alone

Correct guy! tell d fooolish one to mind his business. useless engineer.
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by emeka2847: 2:38pm On Nov 08, 2015
[size=28pt]THIS MAN LIKE IM PEOPLE SO?[/size]
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by croSStodds(m): 2:38pm On Nov 08, 2015
menix:

Hahahahahahahah..

Guess what...

Only a fool acknowledges another as fool and still converses.

So u could really be the Big Fool while am just at the bottom of fool cadre..
My Foolish Oga at the top I dey hail u oo..

Yes am a clown nd ur folks makes my costumes..
Kindly ask them to make me a Grim Reaper costume..
embarassed embarassed e no dey ever tire you ni
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by lebete3000: 2:39pm On Nov 08, 2015
dumodust:

it a crime to go to a profession because of better pay? If your brain fit carry am, why the hell not?
every king was trained by servants so its no biggy if someone you lectured has passed you and ascended... it happens everywhere even within medicine and if it happened to you, dont blame anybody but yourself for being so dull and not surviving
Go ahead and lecture... but be aware that you , must be at your best else you be swept aside even in dat field... goodluck

Bravo! later he will say even d King should bow to his subjects because they rinsed his anus when he was small...fooolish talk.
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by sogodihno: 2:39pm On Nov 08, 2015
Ramos16:

funny but true, engineers deserve to be treated as good as doctors, its unfortunate the nigerian government have not recognized the role of the engineer, but the truth is that there are more engineers practicing engineering than doctors practicing medcine, hence engineers contribute more to the nation than medcine, the only difference is that engineers deal indirectly with clients whereas doctors have direct contact hence their impact

Engineers and doctors can not be treated equally dey don't undergo the same training, engineering students can Carry failed courses over, medical students can not, u either resit, repeat or withdraw
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by lebete3000: 2:43pm On Nov 08, 2015
Efriday1:

Lol. You should fight for more recognition not rejoice at another's calamity.

my brother this badbelleism pass my power oh. "as long as my own no better, your own too no go better" mentality and they continue until they destroy themselves....a very big shame!
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by jesussaves22: 2:48pm On Nov 08, 2015
Are they not corps member? Are they not serving nigeria again? If others should be paid nothing why not Doctors or nurses?
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by sogodihno: 2:49pm On Nov 08, 2015
Justdulla:
. Your just an Idiat, so its the other professionals serving there that deserve 5k per month abin how wud u be paying someone that studied architecture, engineering or even law 5k and Doctors now see themselves as Gods so they shud receive over 100k or a common 3yrs Nurse programme wana receive 79k....what is Good for the Goose is Also Good for The Gander....Make we dey collect the same thing, make everybody shaaraap

Do nurse dt study for 3yrs go for NYSC? Ignorance!
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by Leopantro: 2:50pm On Nov 08, 2015
Onyiridike:

You just corroborated my point. You went for medicine because of money, right?

Would you have applied to study medicine, if MBBS graduates earn 40k and there is no title (Doctor) attached?

Why do you want the society to respect "Money-Chasers" who call themselves life-savers?

Yes, I went into medicine to make an impact on people's lives however I choose to be a doctor, not samaritan. Your point was in a civilized society doctors shouldn't chase money. In civilized society doctors are catered to and their needs are taken care off because no other profession determines if you live or die at a moments notice.

"Money-Chasers"? If the society respects and admires politicians who travel out for treatment when they do much as cough and who's inaction of not paying salaries lead to death of pensioners and civil Servants. A governor recently built a hospital in his state but was involved in an accident and was rushed abroad, no one talked about the oxymoron, no one talked about the money spent. People sent good will messages. Medical workers complain about reduction of money and more than 12 pages of insult.

Garbage in, garbage out.
As you talked about a civilized society, you might recognize the person in the picture below. How many politicians can do what he is doing

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by rhymz(m): 2:54pm On Nov 08, 2015
lebete3000:

this is getting ridiculous, even a teacher sef talking. saying she can do EVERYTHING a doctor does apart from Surgery.even d doctor they're insulting can't make dat claim on his own profession.

How long will people continue in ds stupidiity? how long? well I guess it will never stop...my utmost prayer is for doctors to find a job in developed countries and leave ds country for just 1week. I'm sure they won't even miss us one bit afterall they can do everything we do.
How old are you seriously? You can't possibly be a medical student, you write too much nonsense to be smart enough to know how the real world works.

You will develop a brain tumor if you sit down to analyze or try to do the kind of work I do as a professional I.T person....
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by cbrass(m): 2:55pm On Nov 08, 2015
pet4ril:
kk...but thank God you were able to scale through.... Congrats

Yes o, am so great full, if you missed a class don't border collecting any body's note because every body keeps writing different thing grin
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by lebete3000: 2:56pm On Nov 08, 2015
cbrass:

First it was Mr Engineer making mouth, den someone mentioned Teachers and now its a Physicist too talking.

chai #doctorsdonsuffer and it's all due to d way we carry ourselves to let people see us so. I really don't blame the masses at all.
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by Nobody: 2:58pm On Nov 08, 2015
This state is very poor.
I'm a Corper teaching in a secondary school.
since I came here in may, I've not received a dime from the state govt.
Engr Dave Umahi; the governor wants ebonyi to become London overnight. At times, I just smile at all his policies. All houses and shops must be painted or they'd paint it for you and you'll pay.
Use of concrete to fill potholes on asphalt; any sense in that?
They power streetlights with generators located at the end of each street.
Construction of flyover because Ebonyi is the only state without flyover , yet no traffic jam(hold up).
Abnormal tax which I call extortion from shop owners and okada riders just because he wanna raise IGR.
Rome wasn't built in a day.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Corper In Court For Having Sex With Married Woman / A thread for corpers posted to Katsina / Is There Any Implication Of Not Going To Youth Service?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.