Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,023 members, 7,859,689 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 04:54 PM

Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them - Religion (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them (378315 Views)

Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There / Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (278) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by MVLOX(m): 12:16am On Jan 13, 2016
samted:

me, i no know. that's the idea behind the word 'mystery'. i'd rather not find out tho

mystery u say? so u mean to tell me that Gods word the bible is a mystery? please read 2nd Timothy 3 verses 16 and 17
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 12:41am On Jan 13, 2016
MVLOX:

mystery u say? so u mean to tell me that Gods word the bible is a mystery? please read 2nd Timothy 3 verses 16 and 17

I'm talking about certain concepts in the bible...not the whole of it. you can't tell me with certainty that you understand every line in the bible just as God intended. I would call u a liar.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 1:19am On Jan 13, 2016
What you aren't understanding is "your dead spiritually, you have no spirit living inside you, you don't recognize the scriptures, not only myself but I am sure many who have written to you, have shared the bible to you, and still' you can't see the word sitting in front of you. You are like the dead trying to live. The blind don't see, what the blind don't know.
You are comparing the New World Translation with the King James, which makes this conversation difficult. I have given you the answers from the King James, and you keep on rebuking the word of God, you have even wrote a list of false doctrines, you believe are written from the King James, are not correct.
The authors who wrote your bible have either removed or have twisted bible scriptures, John 1:1 is a good example.
Acts 8:37 is another good example. Matthew 17:21 is missing, Matthew 18:11 is also missing, Matthew 23:14. Mark 7:16, 9:44, 9:46, 11:26 15:28. Mark 16:9-20 is totally missing. Luke 17:36, 23:17. John 5:4, 7:53, 8:11. Acts 8:37, 15:34, 24:7, 28:29. Romans 16:24. Colossians 1:2, 2:2. 1 John 5:13, Revelation 1:11, 2:15, 21:24.
1 John 5:7
Vitally important phase COMPLETELY removed "in the Jehovah Witnesses "New World Translation" says, "For are three witness bearers.
What does the real bible say? "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father the word and the Holy Ghost. And these three are One.
This is one of the greatest verses testifying of the trinity. This is why the Jehovah Witnesses leave it out. They do not believe in the trinity and they do not believe that Jesus is God.
So you can see, no-one in their right mind will seriously listen to you preach your bible, Its proven facts your bible is a lie from the beginning, and it's people like you who have been deceived by this lie.
The New World Translation was written back in 1872 by Charles Russell who was a 33 Rd degree Freemason. Russell didn't leave the Masons until he had died, Masons don"t believe any truth concerning Christ.
Matter of fact the Masons believe that Lucifer is the same as Jesus Christ. The same as the JW's believe, Jesus is the archangel, both Lucifer and Michael are angels. And God made the angels Spirits.
So if you are worried what people will think about me, don't be? I believe they are more interested in hearing the truth.
dolphinheart:
@ brocab:

Pls show where i said anything about the bold above.
I've deliberately not said anything cus I see you want to use it to change the discussion and not comment or tell us ur understanding of the verses I've been posting and the explanations I've been giving.
That I've not made mention of it does not mean I'm denying it, there is a big difference between the two.

Did you read what you posted at all. Pls wait till I lie first ok, wonder how you came about the view that I'm willing to lie!

Where did I say that o!
Dnt you read a post before commenting on it!

Look at your quote of john 17:3 again tell us if you deliberately misquoted the verse or it was just a mistake you made.

I made effort to quote the verse for you again, and you are still refusing to tell us ur understanding of the verse.

Frivolous statements wunt help.

Be looking for author while refusing to address the fact that you removed Gods name from the bible verse you quoted.

Again ill post below, the parts of my post you refuse to address :

1. No you have not, you only
quoted 2 translations without
telling us why one person
called himself the God of
another .
"You loved righteousness,
and you hated lawlessness.
That is why God, your God,
anointed you with the oil of
exultation more than your
companions"

2. I dnt know if its deliberate or a mistake,*(talking about what you posted on john 17:3) but these is what is recorded in john 17:3
"This means everlasting life,
their coming to know you,
the only true God, and the
one whom you sent, Jesus
Christ."
The kjv translated it thus :
And this is life eternal, that
they might know thee the only
true God, and Jesus Christ,
whom thou hast sent.
So I dnt know which verse
you quoted, but more painful
is the fact that you refuse to
tell us ur understanding of any
of them(both the john 17:3
you quoted and the one I
quoted)

3.I , you , everyone reading this thread can see that you have once again refused to explain or give ur understanding of that verse. Quoting it completely is now even hard for you to do.
John 20:17
King James Bible
Jesus saith unto her, Touch
me not; for I am not yet
ascended to my Father: but
go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my
Father, and your Father; and
to my God, and your God.

4.Jesus was giving obeisance
as the bible and Jesus has
always indicated that it is only
the father, jehovah that must
be worshiped.
Note the fact that it is God, the
father, the God of Jesus, the
only true God that authorised
this obeisance.
Jesus is not the true God, not
the almighty God, not equal to
the almighty God, not the
father.

5. Another 2 verses to consider :
1 pet 1:3
King James Bible
"Blessed be the God and
Father of our Lord Jesus
Christ, which according to his
(to show that God is a person)
abundant mercy hath
begotten us again unto a lively
hope by the resurrection of
Jesus Christ from the dead."
Nwt
1 cor 15 :24
"Next, the end, when he
hands over the Kingdom to
his God and Father, when he
has brought to nothing all
government and all authority
and power."
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by MVLOX(m): 8:20am On Jan 13, 2016
samted:

I'm talking about certain concepts in the bible...not the whole of it. you can't tell me with certainty that you understand every line in the bible just as God intended. I would call u a liar.

True I may not understand everything now but also remember too dat even most of the bible writers didn't understand what they wrote... in fact on some occasion God even told some to just write and that person will come to understand what they had written later in the future.......as such Gods word is decided as light that keeps getting brighter and brighter and not a mystery
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 9:31am On Jan 13, 2016
MVLOX:

True I may not understand everything now but also remember too dat even most of the bible writers didn't understand what they wrote... in fact on some occasion God even told some to just write and that person will come to understand what they had written later in the future.......as such Gods word is decided as light that keeps getting brighter and brighter and not a mystery

Now you're understanding. So, as far as something remains UN-understood, it remains a mystery. It is understanding that removes the mystery aspect of a concept.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by MVLOX(m): 9:58am On Jan 13, 2016
samted:

Now you're understanding. So, as far as something remains UN-understood, it remains a mystery. It is understanding that removes the mystery aspect of a concept.

sorry bro but a mystery is something that's true but cannot be understood........... so long it can be understood if not now but in the future, there ain't nothing like mystery in the bible
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jan 13, 2016
MVLOX:

sorry bro but a mystery is something that's true but cannot be understood........... so long it can be understood if not now but in the future, there ain't nothing like mystery in the bible

i don't know what dictionary you use...but the definition of a mystery is something that is DIFFICULT or IMPOSSIBLE to explain. This simply means that a mystery can be explained later, therefore losing its mystery status. So far a subject or concept or item defies explanation at the given time, it is a mystery.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 1:55pm On Jan 13, 2016
brocab:
Here it is? you wrote it under the false doctrine section.
@ dolphinheart>False doctrine.
1 cor 8:6
...we have but one God , the father.

John 17 :3
...... The only true God.....

Eph 4:6
...one God and father of all.

John 20:17said Jesus called the father his God and our God.
Or maybe you mean the JW's have twisted these scriptures to make them sound, only to your likings?

I'm just beginning to understand why its hard to read your post mostimes.
The statement "false doctrine" is in reference to your post above that statement.

The post was posted 10:48 PM on Jan 11.
You made a doctrinal statement and I told you it was false, citing several scriptures to back up the fact that your doctrine is false.

You are here talking about the statement " false doctrine" and one again refused to give ur view on the scriptures quoted in the post.

Pls go back to that post and tell us ur understand of the scriptures quoted there.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by MVLOX(m): 3:24pm On Jan 13, 2016
samted:

i don't know what dictionary you use...but the definition of a mystery is something that is DIFFICULT or IMPOSSIBLE to explain. This simply means that a mystery can be explained later, therefore losing its mystery status. So far a subject or concept or item defies explanation at the given time, it is a mystery.

Let's even come back home and get back to d bone of contention here. I have from previous comments shown what d bible says on this issue. The bible clearly takes of hell, lake of fire and even gehenna but trace of hell fire. My question still remains are u trying to equal lake of fire with hell fire? If so use the bible to explain
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jan 13, 2016
MVLOX:

Let's even come back home and get back to d bone of contention here. I have from previous comments shown what d bible says on this issue. The bible clearly takes of hell, lake of fire and even gehenna but trace of hell fire. My question still remains are u trying to equal lake of fire with hell fire? If so use the bible to explain

to answer your question, please answer me this. When Jesus was crucified, and he died, what happened to His spirit?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by MVLOX(m): 4:56pm On Jan 13, 2016
samted:

to answer your question, please answer me this. When Jesus was crucified, and he died, what happened to His spirit?

of course he went to hell(grave) like the KJV puts it and after spending some days with his disciples he returned to heaven
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jan 13, 2016
MVLOX:

of course he went to hell(grave) like the KJV puts it and after spending some days with his disciples he returned to heaven

accurately answered. however, what you missed out is that he went to preach to the souls that were in hell at the time. a place a temporal rest before final judgement. This happened because the people of old didn't have as much opportunuities to believe as we have now. (i'm talking as far back as the days of Noah)

Now, Jesus went to hell or the dead or hades. Not the lake of fire. Now, read Revelations 20:13. (The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what they had done.)

this means that, when people die, there is a place they will repose before final judgement.

Rev 20v14-15 continue and say [/i]Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire. And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.[i]

This suggests that hell will be destroyed by being cast into the lake of fire along with those whose names aren't found in the book of life. i.e those who have refused salvation even after death.

Simply put, Hell exists and is quite different from the lake of fire. Hell is not equal to the lake of fire but it is definitely stated in the Bible.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 5:55pm On Jan 13, 2016
samted:

accurately answered. however, what you missed out is that he went to preach to the souls that were in hell at the time. a place a temporal rest before final judgement. This happened because the people of old didn't have as much opportunuities to believe as we have now. (i'm talking as far back as the days of Noah)

Now, Jesus went to hell or the dead or hades. Not the lake of fire. Now, read Revelations 20:13.The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what they had done.)

this means that, when people die, there is a place they will repose before final judgement.

Rev 20v14-15 continue and say [/i]Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire. And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.[i]

This suggests that hell will be destroyed by being cast into the lake of fire along with those whose names aren't found in the book of life. i.e those who have refused salvation even after death.

Simply put, Hell exists and is quite different from the lake of fire. Hell is not equal to the lake of fire but it is definitely stated in the Bible.

Pls sir, can you add scriptural reference to the bolded, expecially the underlined?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jan 13, 2016
dolphinheart:

Pls sir, can you add scriptural reference to the bolded, expecially the underlined?

1 peter 3:18 - 20. Please read.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 9:09pm On Jan 13, 2016
@ brocab:

What you aren't understanding is "your dead spiritually, you have no spirit living inside you, you don't recognize the scriptures, not only myself but I am sure many who have written to you, have shared the bible to you, and
still' you can't see the word sitting in front of you. You are like the dead trying to live. The blind don't see, what the blind don't know.

Attacking me wunt help you.
Attacking me wunt make you right.
If you have the holy spirit, then tell us ur understanding of the scriptures posted in my reply to you.
If you have the holy spirit, show humility.

You are comparing the New World Translation with the King James, which makes this
conversation difficult.

The comparing of translations only exist in your mind, and its affecting your understanding of the scriptures thereby making you refuse to explain scriptures posted to you either from the nwt or kjv.

I have given you the answers from the King James, and you keep on rebuking the word of God, you have even wrote a list of false doctrines, you believe are written from the King James, are not correct.
You have an ability, the ability to create false stories and statement without backup.

Even as you falsely think I wrote a list of false doctrines from the kjv, u refuse to show how those verses are true and thus proving me wrong. You are even afraid to quote some of those verses when you respond to my post.

The authors who wrote your bible have either removed or have twisted bible scriptures, John 1:1 is a good example. Acts 8:37 is another good example. Matthew 17:21 is missing, Matthew 18:11 is also missing, Matthew 23:14. Mark 7:16, 9:44, 9:46, 11:26 15:28. Mark 16:9-20 is totally missing. Luke 17:36, 23:17. John 5:4, 7:53, 8:11. Acts 8:37, 15:34, 24:7, 28:29. Romans 16:24. Colossians 1:2, 2:2. 1 John 5:13, Revelation 1:11, 2:15, 21:24.
1 John 5:7 Vitally important
phase COMPLETELY removed
"in the Jehovah Witnesses "New
World Translation" says, "For are
three witness bearers.
What does the real bible say?
"For there are three that bear
record in heaven, the Father the
word and the Holy Ghost. And
these three are One.
This is one of the greatest verses
testifying of the trinity. This is why
the Jehovah Witnesses leave it
out. They do not believe in the
trinity and they do not believe
that Jesus is God.
So you can see, no-one in their
right mind will seriously listen to
you preach your bible, Its proven
facts your bible is a lie from the
beginning, and it's people like
you who have been deceived by this lie.

You have just shown again that you know little about the scriptures and translations.

You emphasized that the nwt does not translate 1 john 5:7 as the kjv does. Yet you refuse to take note that the following translations also do not translate that verse the same way the kjv did.

1. New International Version
2. New Living Translation
3. English Standard Version
4. Berean Study Bible
5. Berean Literal Bible
6. New American Standard
Bible
7. Holman Christian Standard
Bible
8. International Standard
Version
9. NET Bible
10. Aramaic Bible in Plain
English
11. GOD'S WORD® Translation
12. New American Standard
13. American Standard Version
14. Darby Bible Translation
15. English Revised Version
16. Weymouth New Testament
17. World English Bible
18. NWT

....and many more.

Note, most of these translators surpport trinity and yet they do not add the words you quoted on that verse.

I'm surprised you did not add 1 ti 3:16 to the verses you have issues with .at least kjv translated it thus:

King James Bible
And without controversy great
is the mystery of godliness:
God was manifest in the flesh,
justified in the Spirit, seen of
angels, preached unto the
Gentiles, believed on in the
world, received up into glory.

Ill ask you, is the kjv right with that translation? And why do most translators that surpport trinity translate that verse differently.

Ill advise you to go and ask your religious leaders about those verses before you reply.
The New World Translation was written back in 1872 by Charles Russell who was a 33 Rd degree
Freemason. Russell didn't leave the Masons until he had died, Masons don"t believe any truth concerning Christ.
Matter of fact the Masons believe that Lucifer is the same as Jesus Christ. The same as the JW's believe, Jesus is the archangel, both Lucifer and Michael are angels. And God made the angels Spirits.
So if you are worried what
people will think about me, don't be? I believe they are more interested in hearing the truth.

At least add prove to support these lies na.

Again ill post below the points you refuse to talk about in my post.

1. Look at your quote of john 17:3 again tell us if you deliberately misquoted the verse or it was just a mistake you made.
I made effort to quote the verse for you again, and you are still refusing to tell us ur
understanding of the verse.

2. Be looking for author while
refusing to address the fact that you removed Gods name from the bible verse you quoted.

another .
companions"

2. I dnt know if its deliberate or a mistake,*(talking about what you posted on john 17:3) but these is what is recorded in john 17:3
one whom you sent, Jesus
Christ."
whom thou hast sent.
you quoted and the one I
quoted)

3.I , you , everyone reading this
thread can see that you have
once again refused to explain or
give ur understanding of that
verse. Quoting it completely is
now even hard for you to do.
King James Bible
me not; for I am not yet
to my God, and your God.

be worshiped.
this obeisance.
father.

King James Bible
"Blessed be the God and
Father of our Lord Jesus
abundant mercy hath
Nwt
"Next, the end, when he
and power."
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 9:14pm On Jan 13, 2016
Quote>I'm just beginning to understand why its hard to read your post most times. {I have a very good reason for you, because you don't understand the word of God}
Your silly argument is starting to bore me, only a JW can answer to your scriptures, as proven your scriptures don't match up to the word of God, the New World Translation has half truth scriptures or they have been Completely removed from the bible, and you expect me to answer your bible for you.
I have given you the King James version, and you don't understand that, I can't pull a rabbit out of a hat, and I am not interested to learn about your bible, I am not looking for half truths or missing truths.
I believe in the full truth, I am a Born again Christian, I love whom I worship, I believe Jesus Christ is Lord, I believe God had raised Him from the dead. I also believed when Jesus said He will raise Himself up in three days, I believed. I also believe in all the scriptures written in the bible.
I believe that the trinity of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit are One.
So if you are looking for people to answer your JW translation for you, you need to speak with your own kind.
dolphinheart:

I'm just beginning to understand why its hard to read your post mostimes.
The statement "false doctrine" is in reference to your post above that statement.

The post was posted 10:48 PM on Jan 11.
You made a doctrinal statement and I told you it was false, citing several scriptures to back up the fact that your doctrine is false.

You are here talking about the statement " false doctrine" and one again refused to give ur view on the scriptures quoted in the post.

Pls go back to that post and tell us ur understand of the scriptures quoted there.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jan 13, 2016
dolphinheart:
@ brocab:

If you have the holy spirit, then tell us ur understanding of the scriptures posted in my reply to you.

The comparing of translations only exist in your mind, and its affecting your understanding of the scriptures thereby making you refuse to explain scriptures posted to you either from the nwt or kjv.

You have an ability, the ability to create false stories and statement without backup.

Even as you falsely think I wrote a list of false doctrines from the kjv, u refuse to show how those verses are true and thus proving me wrong. You are even afraid to quote some of those verses when you respond to my post.

You have just shown again that you know little about the scriptures and translations.

You emphasized that the nwt does not translate 1 john 5:7 as the kjv does. Yet you refuse to take note that the following translations also do not translate that verse the same way the kjv did.

4. Berean Study Bible
5. Berean Literal Bible
6. New American Standard
Bible
Bible
Version
9. NET Bible
English
17. World English Bible
18. NWT

....and many more.

Note, most of these translators surpport trinity and yet they do not add the words you quoted on that verse.

I'm surprised you did not add 1 ti 3:16 to the verses you have issues with .at least kjv translated it thus:

King James Bible

Ill ask you, is the kjv right with that translation? And why do most translators that surpport trinity translate that verse differently.

Ill advise you to go and ask your religious leaders about those verses before you reply.

1. Look at your quote of john 17:3 again tell us if you deliberately misquoted the verse or it was just a mistake you made.
I made effort to quote the verse for you again, and you are still refusing to tell us ur

refusing to address the fact that you removed Gods name from the bible verse you quoted.

another .
companions"

one whom you sent, Jesus
Christ."
whom thou hast sent.
you quoted and the one I
quoted)

King James Bible
me not; for I am not yet
to my God, and your God.

be worshiped.
this obeisance.
father.

King James Bible
"Blessed be the God and
Father of our Lord Jesus
abundant mercy hath
Nwt
"Next, the end, when he
and power."

Wait ooo!!! who is bringing freemasons into this one

Freemasons don't hate Christ ooo. In fact, a criteria to join freemasonry is belief in a higher being (any higher being). Don't just lift shit off the internet. Get your facts right before you spill your tank.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 9:59pm On Jan 13, 2016
samted:

1 peter 3:18 - 20. Please read.

Sir, did you read the verses you told me to read ? Cus it did not answer my request .

Note what you posted below :
however, what you missed out is that he went to preach to the souls that were in hell at the time.

Correct me if I'm wrong , but I believe that what you are saying is that while jesus was in hell, he went to preach to the souls there.

This prompted me to ask you to give me scriptural prove to this belief.
I dnt know why you did not quote the verses, but the verses you told me read says things differently.

First ill quote the verse, then examine it in relation to what you said.

1 pet 3:18-20
"For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the
unrighteous, to bring you to
God. He was put to death in
the body but made alive in the Spirit. 19 After being made alive, he went and made proclamation to the imprisoned spirits— 20 to those who were disobedient long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built. In it only a few people, eight in all, were saved through water,"

What do we get from these verses.
1. Jesus died
2. Jesus was resurrected.
3. After resurrection, he went and made proclamation.
4. He made proclamation to spirits.
5. He made proclamation to imprisioned spirits.

This understanding goes contrary to your post.
1. You said jesus went to preach to the souls that where in hell, but these verses made us to understand that he did the preaching after resurrection, after he was raised up. Did jesus go to hell twice? Cus I thought he came out of hell after resurrection, how did he go back to hell after resurrection to preach to the souls there.?

2. The verses said he proclaimed/ preach to spirits.
But you say he preached to souls. the English , greek and hebrew words for "soul" and "spirit" are totally different and mean different things, why do you now say he preached to souls when the verses mentioned spirits.

3. Does a mans spirit goes to hell? can you show where in the scriptures it is said that when man dies, his spirit goes to hell?

4. I noticed that the verses did not say or imply that jesus preached In hell, it said he "preached " to those imprisoned. It did not say they are dead humans and are in hell, so how did you now arrive at that view when you read those verses.

I await ur response.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jan 13, 2016
dolphinheart:

Sir, did you read the verses you told me to read ? Cus it did not answer my request .

Note what you posted below :

Correct me if I'm wrong , but I believe that what you are saying is that while jesus was in hell, he went to preach to the souls there.

This prompted me to ask you to give me scriptural prove to this belief.
I dnt know why you did not quote the verses, but the verses you told me read says things differently.

First ill quote the verse, then examine it in relation to what you said.

1 pet 3:18-20
"For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the
unrighteous, to bring you to
God. He was put to death in
the body but made alive in the Spirit. 19 After being made alive, he went and made proclamation to the imprisoned spirits— 20 to those who were disobedient long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built. In it only a few people, eight in all, were saved through water,"

What do we get from these verses.
1. Jesus died
2. Jesus was resurrected.
3. After resurrection, he went and made proclamation.
4. He made proclamation to spirits.
5. He made proclamation to imprisioned spirits.

This understanding goes contrary to your post.
1. You said jesus went to preach to the souls that where in hell, but these verses made us to understand that he did the preaching after resurrection, after he was raised up. Did jesus go to hell twice? Cus I thought he came out of hell after resurrection, how did he go back to hell after resurrection to preach to the souls there.?

2. The verses said he proclaimed/ preach to spirits.
But you say he preached to souls. the English , greek and hebrew words for "soul" and "spirit" are totally different and mean different things, why do you now say he preached to souls when the verses mentioned spirits.

3. Does a mans spirit goes to hell? can you show where in the scriptures it is said that when man dies, his spirit goes to hell?

4. I noticed that the verses did not say or imply that jesus preached In hell, it said he "preached " to those imprisoned. It did not say they are dead humans and are in hell, so how did you now arrive at that view when you read those verses.

I await ur response.

so, those who were disobedient in the days of Noah were alive after the resurrection
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 10:13pm On Jan 13, 2016
The proof has travelled across our nations, where and who started your Church, your Church had come from the Masons, the Masons believe Lucifer and Jesus are the same kind, and you believe Jesus is the archangel, God made His angels to be spirits.
No-one is attacking you, but just sometimes people need to hear the truth, and if I was you, which I am not, I would let my fingers do the walking and start searching for this truth, I don't care if you are an elder or a beginner, you have time to be saved.

The bible was only written because Christ came into the world to save sinners, it was man who have decided to refuse Christ against themselves and those around them.
When I read a book, I prefer to read one with a story, one that's tells it well. When I read 1 John 5:7 "In the King James, I found the bible explains the scripture well enough for me to know the truth about Christ.
I prefer to understand the story, then waste my time trying to figure it out.
I HAVE SEEN THE EVIDENCE IN YOURSELF, BECAUSE YOUR BIBLE DOESN'T EXPLAIN THE TRUTH ABOUT CHRIST, YOU JUST CAN'T BELIEVE THE FATHER THE SON AND THE HOLY SPIRIT ARE ONE.
So It's important to have a full version of the scriptures, then just having half of them, and like your bible they have completely removed them, or they have twisted the truth, who Christ is, leaving the people to figure it out for themselves.
dolphinheart:
@ brocab:

4. Berean Study Bible
5. Berean Literal Bible
6. New American Standard
Bible
Bible
Version
9. NET Bible
English
17. World English Bible
18. NWT

....and many more.

King James Bible

another .
companions"

one whom you sent, Jesus
Christ."
whom thou hast sent.
you quoted and the one I
quoted)

King James Bible
me not; for I am not yet
to my God, and your God.

be worshiped.
this obeisance.
father.

King James Bible
"Blessed be the God and
Father of our Lord Jesus
abundant mercy hath
Nwt
"Next, the end, when he
and power."
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 10:23pm On Jan 13, 2016
@ brocab
Quote>I'm just beginning to understand why its hard to read your post most times. {I have a very good reason for you, because you don't understand the word of God} Your silly argument is starting to bore me, only a JW can answer to your scriptures, as proven your scriptures don't match up to the word of God, the New World Translation has half truth
scriptures or they have been
Completely removed from the
bible, and you expect me to
answer your bible for you.
I have even quoted some of those scriptures from the kjv, you still refused to quote it, or tell us ur view or understanding of those scriptures .
Anyone serious about talking about the scriptures can, if he prefers to use his own translations ,quote (using his bible )the verses metioned.

You dnt like the nwt, then use the kjv to explain, give us your understanding of the scriptures I've been quoting.

I'm beginning to understand that you know little about the doctrine you are supporting.

I have given you the King James version, and you don't understand that, I can't pull a rabbit out of a hat, and I am not interested to learn about your bible, I am not looking for half truths or missing truths.
I believe in the full truth, I am a
Born again Christian, I love
whom I worship, I believe Jesus Christ is Lord, I believe God had raised Him from the dead. I also believed when Jesus said He will raise Himself up in three days, I believed. I also believe
in all the scriptures written in
the bible.
I believe that the trinity of the
Father and the Son and the
Holy Spirit are One.
So if you are looking for people
to answer your JW translation
for you, you need to speak with your own kind
You dnt know the trinity.
You say you showed me the kjv, yet you refused to tell ur understanding of scriptures quoted from the kjv.

You believe the scriptures, yet you refuse to accept that jesus has a God!
You refuse to accept that the God of jesus is the father!
You read the scriptures, yet you refuse to accept that the father is greater than jesus.

You say jesus is God, yet you see where the scriptures tell you that he was instructed to sit at the right hand of the most high.

I corrected you about the issue of false doctrine you tried to raise.
Now , pls go back to that post and tell us ur understand of the scriptures quoted there using any translation you prefer .
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 10:29pm On Jan 13, 2016
samted:

so, those who were disobedient in the days of Noah were alive after the resurrection

If by "resurrection" you mean the resurrection of jesus, and if "those who where disobedient" mean humans who where disobedient, the answer is No they where not alive.

So can uou address the points I bought out in my post.? Remember I numbered them.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 10:38pm On Jan 13, 2016
Your a very demanding, and rude of course, I see you like twisting words I have never written, well done good and faithful servant.
Quote these scriptures again-and again I will give you the right answers.

Not only does Jesus have a God, He is God, John 1:1, 1 John 5:7, its you and your bible that doesn't believe.
dolphinheart:
@ brocab

I have even quoted some of those scriptures from the kjv, you still refused to quote it, or tell us ur view or understanding of those scriptures .
Anyone serious about talking about the scriptures can, if he prefers to use his own translations ,quote (using his bible )the verses metioned.

You dnt like the nwt, then use the kjv to explain, give us your understanding of the scriptures I've been quoting.

I'm beginning to understand that you know little about the doctrine you are supporting.

You say you showed me the kjv, yet you refused to tell ur understanding of scriptures quoted from the kjv.

You read the scriptures, yet you refuse to accept that the father is greater than jesus.

You say jesus is God, yet you see where the scriptures tell you that he was instructed to sit at the right hand of the most high.

Now , pls go back to that post and tell us ur understand of the scriptures quoted there using any translation you prefer .
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jan 13, 2016
dolphinheart:

If by "resurrection" you mean the resurrection of jesus, and if "those who where disobedient" mean humans who where disobedient, the answer is No they where not alive.

So can uou address the points I bought out in my post.? Remember I numbered them.

read ephesians 4vs8-9.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 10:56pm On Jan 13, 2016
Do you feel you are alone, that every time someone else answers you, who are not JW's you seem to get yourself all upset, listen we can only give you the truth about Christ because we see Christ as we believe Him to be.
Sharing the word of God to you, brings out the worst in you, you come across very demanding, and we can feel the anger rising up in you.
Does the truth frighten you?
dolphinheart:

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 10:59pm On Jan 13, 2016
@ brocad
The proof has travelled across our nations,
Another way to say " I dnt have proof".
Let us know when the proof comes back to visit you.

where and who started your Church, your Church had come from the Masons, the Masons believe Lucifer and Jesus are the same kind, and you believe Jesus is the archangel, God made His
angels to be spirits.

You have the freedom to formulate anything with your mind, but note that when you express it and post it, it gives people an understanding of how your mind works.
An attempt to link things without proof shows others how desperate you are.

No-one is attacking you, but just sometimes people need to hear the truth, and if I was you, which I am not, I would let my fingers do the walking and start searching for this truth, I don't care if you are an elder or a beginner, you have time to be saved.
Thank you, now can you tell us your understanding of the scriptures I quoted.?

The bible was only written because Christ came into the world to save sinners, it was man who have decided to refuse Christ against
themselves and those around
them.
So the scriptures was not written to equip us for every good work?

When I read a book, I prefer to read one with a story, one that's tells it well. When I read 1 John 5:7 "In the King James, I found the bible explains the scripture well enough for me to know the
truth about Christ.
I prefer to understand the story, then waste my time trying to figure it out.
Big difference between us, I prefer to first know if the story I'm reading is true or false.
One can understand a false story, but it does not make the story true.

I HAVE SEEN THE EVIDENCE IN YOURSELF, BECAUSE YOUR BIBLE DOESN'T EXPLAIN THE TRUTH ABOUT CHRIST, YOU JUST CAN'T BELIEVE THE FATHER THE SON AND THE HOLY SPIRIT ARE ONE.
And yet you refused to explained why the many translations I listed do not have that story in 1 john 5:7

[quote]So It's important to have a full version of the scriptures, then just having half of them, and like your bible they have completely removed them, or they have twisted the truth, who Christ is, leaving the people to figure it out for themselves.[/qoute]
Go and meet your teachers, pray that the holy spirit in you helps you to tell us your understanding of the scriptures I posted on these thread!
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 11:12pm On Jan 13, 2016
samted:

read ephesians 4vs8-9.

Pls can you address the points I raised based on the first scripture you told me to read ?
Remember my question and remember the points are numbered
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 11:21pm On Jan 13, 2016
brocab:
Your a very demanding, and rude of course, I see you like twisting words I have never written,
How on earth can I twist words that you did not write!
If you did not write it, then they are not your words, and thus can't be twisted.!

well done good and faithful servant.
Thank you.

Quote these scriptures again-and again I will give you the right answers.

I'm still waiting for the first answer or your understanding of the scriptures quoted.

Not only does Jesus have a God, He is God, John 1:1, 1 John 5:7, its you and your bible that doesn't believe.

Good, one starts from somewhere, jesus has a God , now do you know who that God is?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by MVLOX(m): 11:27pm On Jan 13, 2016
[quote author=samted post=41940867]

Now, Jesus went to hell or the dead or hades. Not the lake of fire. Now, read Revelations 20:13. (The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what they had done.)

Simply put, Hell exists and is quite different from the lake of fire. Hell is not equal to the lake of fire but it is definitely stated in the Bible

hmmm honestly I must confess that I find this ur piece real interesting......please can u confirm using a scripture to show that Jesus went to preach to dead pple? Also read Ecclesiastes 9: 5 and 10 to see d condition of the dead. also read Revelation 22:18, 19........... I agree with your last point. hell or grave and all dat are causing mankind problems today will be finally put to their final end.....So hell means the common grave of man and as for lake of fire it means everlasting destruction.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 11:30pm On Jan 13, 2016
brocab:
Do you feel you are alone, that every time someone else answers you, who are not JW's you seem to get yourself all upset, listen we can only give you the truth about Christ because we see Christ as we believe Him to be.
Sharing the word of God to you, brings out the worst in you, you come across very demanding, and we can feel the anger rising up in you.
Does the truth frighten you?

Pls keep your imaginations, expressing what you are thinking on these post does not mean its true.

I humbly asked him a simply question, but you mind is already thinking I'm a north Korean diplomat discussing U.N sanctions.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 12:30am On Jan 14, 2016
Luke 22:69 "But from now on the son of man will be seated at the right hand of the almighty God.
Jesus wasn't instructed to sit on God's right side, it was His place to sit there.

Quote> and yet you refuse to except that the Father was greater then Jesus.
John 14:28 "Jesus said the Father was greater then He, not because Jesus is not God, but because Jesus was also a man, and as a man , He was in a lower position. He was made' for a little while, lower then the angels.{Hebrews 2:9} {Philippians 2:5-8} It says that Jesus emptied Himself taken a form of a bond servant and being made in the likeness of men... Jesus has two natures: divine and human, Jesus was not denying that He was God He was merely acknowledging the fact that He was also a man. Jesus is both God and man, as a man He was in a lessor position than the Father because He had added to Himself human nature.
Colossians 2:9 "For in Him dwells all the fullness of the God head bodily. {And was under the law}
Galatians 4:4
"But when the fullness of the time had come, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the law. {He became a man to die for the people}

A comparison of difference of position can be found in a marriage relationship. Biblically a husband is greater in position and authority then His wife. "He" is her head {Ephesians 5:23} but he is no different in nature, and he is not better then she.
They share the same nature being human, and they work together by commitment to the Lord.
dolphinheart:
@ brocab

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 12:35am On Jan 14, 2016
No you are in demand, like you do to me.
dolphinheart:

Pls keep your imaginations, expressing what you are thinking on these post does not mean its true.

I humbly asked him a simply question, but you mind is already thinking I'm a north Korean diplomat discussing U.N sanctions.

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (278) (Reply)

Nairaland Bible Quiz-you can join anytime... / Sincere Milk — Answering God's Call / Dreams And Their Meanings/ Interpretation

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 197
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.