Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,173 members, 7,860,221 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:58 AM

Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them - Religion (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them (378450 Views)

Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There / Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (278) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jan 16, 2016
Jessicha:

O ma se o , what is spirit pls ? [s]Hope u know animals have one spirit with man too[/s] ?

what are you even talking abt there??

It says , Where ****YOU*** note : you, are going , do u now belive that dead people go to grave as u testify above ?

I never said dead people don't go to graves. Dyu even know what we've been talking about?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Jessicha(f): 7:59pm On Jan 16, 2016
samted:

I never said dead people don't go to graves. Dyu even know what we've been talking about?

What exactly is the spirit in man and animals ?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jan 16, 2016
Jessicha:

you tell me. you're the one that said they are the same
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 8:50pm On Jan 16, 2016
@ brocab
The video was made by the JW's.
Jehovahs witnesses dnt put videos on youtube, neither do they authorize anyone to do so on their behalf.
The person that told you that jehovahs witnesses made that video lied to you.

It shows that no-one had added Matthew 17:21 in your bible nor the other scriptures I had given
you,

Yes, no one has added verse 21.

you have verse Matthew 20 and 22 Usually when we read any book, they are all numbered, from one to what ever.
Yes, when they noticed that the statements found in verse 21 are not in the earlier and best manuscripts. The did not put in their translation. Other translators are following suit, and those that do not, inform readers of the issues or problem they are having with the verse, just as the New King. James Version did.
This is the same thing they (nkjv and others) did to most of the verses that other translators have had courage to remove or correct.
I know you dnt know these before, but now that you know, use the knowledge.

You can check or make research on 1 ti 3:16 too.

Your bible had completely removed it all together.
How many times do I have to tell you that you can't remove something that was not there in the first place!
And I will again ask you to investigate the so many translators who do not have that verse in their translations.

The disciples wrote the
scriptures told there stories the way they had seen it, the way they were taught either by
Christ or His Spirit.
Matthew mark Luke, line up
together having different view
points. Which is important for
the readers to see and
understand the truth, everything about the bible comes in three's.
2 Corinthians 13:1 "This is the
third time I am coming to you.
The number 3 is used 467
times in the bible, Jesus is
coming back His third time.
Jesus manifested to His
disciples 3 times, after He was
raised from the dead, God the
Father the Son and the Holy
Spirit are one made from three.
1. It was not jesus that was talking in the verse you quoted.
2. You have not shown us where jesus appeared 3 times to the disciples.

Yes, the number 3 is important, yes it is used many times in the bible, but it does not mean those three are equal!.
As I had asked, I don't want any other scriptures to back it up, just tell me why did the JW's remove verse 21 along with the other scriptures that are missing from your bible?

And ill tell you one more time, they are not missing in the manuscript that their bible was translated from. Hence it is not missing in the translated version.

These issue mordern translations have noticed, and are not making amends.
These other bibles say NIV was written by Zondervan-but is now owned by Harper Collins, who also publishes the Satanic bible, and the joy of Gay sex.
What other bible say?
What about the so many other translators listed in my post. Are they gays too?!
I was not specific on the NIV as the only translator that dnt have that verse, neither did i tell you they are the leader of those that dnt have the verse.
So I wonder why you are specific on only the NIV . Probably cus you can't find dirt on them to use as excuse.
The NIV has removed 64,575 words from the bible including Jehovah. The NIV ESV and other Versions have also removed 45 complete verses.
Did you read the reason why they removed it? If you dnt know, did you ask them?
You are so adamant on the removal, so you refuse to investigate the reason why, even when statements made in the footnote of those who added those verses cast doubt on its authenticity. Even the author of the nkjv tells u to use ur church mind to determine if what they translated is true or not *paraphrase*

Every bible that has been written has a story behind the scenes.
Good.
Again I repost:
I listen to Jesus who said : this
means evalasting life , their
taking knowledge of you, the
only true God, and the one
you sent, Jesus Christ! .
I now know how to gain
evalasting life, by reading and
applying the word of God, the
father, our creator, the only
true God.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 4:31am On Jan 17, 2016
I believe its you who had refused to look DEEPER into why the change of the bible was done?

And the scripture when Jesus had appeared to His disciples 3 times is in {John 21:14}

Over the past few decades, new bible translations have been popping up like popcorn. Many strong Christians have stood their Ground and continual to believe, read, and study the Authorised King James Bible. Many others, how ever, have forsaken the book that God used for centuries. Such people have falling for smooth advertising schemes and have actually started believing that the modern versions are superior to the King James Bible.
It's very sad today that Christians have not taken time to study the subject thoroughly enough to see what is happening.

Originally we published only one tract about the King James Bible. The tract is titled, how I know the King James "Is" the word of God as it presents some rather strong arguments for the KJV. Then we offer a second tract, titled Lets Compare Bibles. This tract shows that the modern translation are literally attracting God's word! Both of these tracts are still available and are free upon request.
Now, with the grace of God, we are able to offer a third tract about the King James issue. We call it fables and facts about the King James Bible. It's purpose is to educate Christians about the KJV by clearing some fables that had been spread by the critics. Far to many Christians are accepting the Authorised version by faith alone, rather that working and studying to become more grounded in some of the basic FACTS about this important issue. The following information should be helpful to the believer, who decides to be readily armed with TRUTH.

FABLE: The King James Bible was revised several times before 1800 so modern translations are just additional revisions of the original King James Bible of 1611.

FACTS:The so called "revisions" of the King James Bible prior to 1800 were correct. Typographical errors, add notes, and omit the Apocrypha from between the testaments. There were no changes in the actual TEXT of the King James Bible. The real changes {Over 36,000 of them} didn't start until the modern revisionist came on the scene.

FABLE: The modern translation are more accurate because they have been translated from older and better manuscripts.

FACTS: It is truly amazing how so many Christians have brought into this lie without ever checking what these manuscripts are, Where they came from,and Who wrote them. It's also strange that no-one seems to be asking the question? "Has God has honoured these 'older and better manuscripts throughout Church history?
The modern translation are based on the work of two nineteenth century Greek scholars from England-B.F, Westcott, and F.J.A Hort.
{Westcott and Hort} were deeply involved in the occult, hated and Textus and receptus Greek text from which the King James was translated, so they conjured up THEIR OWN Greek text. This Westcott and Hort Greek text was based primarily on two very corrupt fourth century ROMAN CATHOLIC Manuscripts. Codex Vaticanus { Discovered in the Pope's library in 1481}and Sinaiticus {Discovered in 1859 in a trash can at St' Catherine's monastery on Mt. Sinai} These are usually "older and better" manuscripts that we keep hearing so much about. These manuscripts supports most of the attacks in the new visions.
The Vaticanus is considered to be the most authoritative, although it was responsible for over 36,000 changes that appear today in the new version. This perverted manuscripts contains the books of pagan Apocrypha, which are not scriptural;it omits the pastoral epistles
{1 Timothy to Titus} the book of Revelation, and its cut off of the book of Hebrews at {Hebrew 9:14} {A very convenient stopping point for the Catholic Church, since God forbids their priesthood in Hebrews 10} The attacks on the word of God found in these manuscripts originated in Alexandria, Egypt, with the deceitful I work of such pagan Greek "scholars" as Origin and clement of Alexandria. Then in 313 A.D. The Roman emperor Constantine ordered fifty copes of "the Bible" from Eusebius the bishop of Caesaria, Eusebius being a devout student of Origin's work, close to send him manuscripts filled with Alexandria's corruption, rather the sending him the true word of God in the SYRIAN text in Antioch, Syria, So the corrupt Alexandria text {Also called the "Egyptian" or "Hesychian" type text} found its way into the Vatican manuscripts, then aventually into the Westcott, and Hort Greek text, and finely into the new "Bible" in your local Christian book store.
Therefore" when you hear or read of "someone" "correcting the King James Bible, with "order" or "more authoritative" manuscripts, you are simply hearing someone trying to use the Roman Catholic text to overthrow the God-honoured text of the protestant reformation and the great revivals. God has never honoured this corrupt text and He never will.

FABLE: New translation need to correct the errors and contradictions in the King James Bible.

FACTS: NO-one has ever proven that their are errors and contradictions in the KJV. "Many "Christians" colleges and preachers have a nasty habit of pointing out APPARENT contradictions to their people, but these arguments have been disproven so many times, that it is nothing lessthen disgusting to hear them still being used.

FABLE: The new translations are needed to bring archaic Old English language up to date, People have trouble understanding the language of the King James Bible.

FACTS: The King James Bible is not hard to understand. Most of the so called "archaic" words are explained by the context of the passage or by comparing the passage with other passages in the Bible where the same words are used. Heady and high-minded people resent the King James because it is plain and simple, and it isn't in tune with their high-minded vocabulary. In fact the grade level indicater of the flesch-kincaid research company says the King James language is easier to understand then the new versions.
We certainly agree that the language of the King James Bible is a unique language, but why shouldn't be? IT'S THE WORD OF GOD.

FABLE: The King James Bible cannot be infallible because the translators were only men, and all men are sinners. The human element prevents the KJV from being infallible.

FACT: If this is true, then even the ORIGINAL AUTOGRAPHS in Hebrew and Greek were not infallible, because they too were penned by men.
The fact of the matter is that the King James translators were only "instruments" of preservation {Which is exactly what they called themselves in the dedicatory to the A.V. 1611} God has always been the Divine Preserver in His Word {Psalms 12:6-7} but He has used men as tools and instruments of preservation, just as He users men to preach His Word. When men humble themselves to the will of God, God can use them to accomplish His Will. {Romans 12:1-2} and this is precisely what happen between 1604 to 1611.

FABLE: The King James translators added to the word of God, because the italicized words I the KJV were not in the Originals.

FACTS:The Italics in the KJV proved that the translators were honest in their work. They set the words in Italics so we would know they were not in the manuscripts they were using.
Besides no-one has copies of the manuscripts today, so no-one for certain that the Italicizes aren't in them. In fact there are many cases where we know the Italicized Words are justified. For example {Deuteronomy 8:3} that the word "word" is in Italic. However, when Jesus quotes this verse in {Matthew 4:4} he includes the Italicized word! If the Italicized word does not belong in the bible, Why did the Lord Jesus Quote it?

FABLE: The Original King James Bible included the Apocrypha in the old testament.

FACT: The King James knew the Apocrypha was not scripture, so they placed between the Old and the New testaments, as a
HISTORICAL DOCUMENT not as scripture.
Friend don't be deceived by the crafty critics of God's word LEARN THE FACTS.
3 John 4:1 "I have no greater joy than to hear My children walk in truth.
dolphinheart:
@ brocab

Jehovahs witnesses dnt put videos on youtube, neither do they authorize anyone to do so on their behalf.

Yes, when they noticed that the statements found in verse 21 are not in the earlier and best manuscripts. The did not put in their translation. Other translators are following suit, and those that do not, inform readers of the issues or problem they are having with the verse, just as the New King. James Version did.
This is the same thing they (nkjv and others) did to most of the verses that other translators have had courage to remove or correct.

How many times do I have to tell you that you can't remove something that was not there in the first place!
And I will again ask you to investigate the so many translators who do not have that verse in their translations.

Yes, the number 3 is important, yes it is used many times in the bible, but it does not mean those three are equal!.

And ill tell you one more time, they are not missing in the manuscript that their bible was translated from. Hence it is not missing in the translated version.

What other bible say?
I was not specific on the NIV as the only translator that dnt have that verse, neither did i tell you they are the leader of those that dnt have the verse.
So I wonder why you are specific on only the NIV . Probably cus you can't find dirt on them to use as excuse.

You are so adamant on the removal, so you refuse to investigate the reason why, even when statements made in the footnote of those who added those verses cast doubt on its authenticity. Even the author of the nkjv tells u to use ur church mind to determine if what they translated is true or not *paraphrase*

Good.
Again I repost:
I now know how to gain
true God.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 5:16am On Jan 17, 2016
Yes it was the JW's who had advertised themselves on you tube, and other around the world, theirs many programs the JW's have advertised, theirs plenty of reading for everybody. You would be amazed to see how many JW's are using the net as a tool to reach out and spread your gospel.
Christians all over this planet are the doing the same, You need to get with the times.
With the technology we have today, the computer industry has taken over the world, people aren't listening any-longer so
you need to tune in with the program, and see how the world has turned over these last days, young people are either into their phones or a computer, and where's the best place to get their attention is sign up and learn about the computer world.

And reach out.
So yes you are wrong, the JW's have caught on to the program, using the net, like you and I-how else are we commutating?
dolphinheart:
@ brocab

What other bible say?

Good.
Again I repost:
I now know how to gain
true God.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 5:18am On Jan 17, 2016
At least I know my bible. Not like you.
Jessicha:

A totally Confuse man .
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 8:18am On Jan 17, 2016
y'all are deep as Bleep!!!
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 9:01am On Jan 17, 2016
Maybe, but the truth is Christ, do you agree?
samted:
y'all are deep as Bleep!!!
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jan 17, 2016
brocab:
Maybe, but the truth is Christ, do you agree?

totally..no argument
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 7:11pm On Jan 17, 2016
brocab:
Pls add the source of the lifting.
Again I repost: I listen to Jesus who said : this means evalasting life , their taking knowledge of you, the only true God, and the one you sent, Jesus Christ! . I now know how to gain evalasting life, by reading and applying the word of God, the father, our creator, the only true God. (Quote) (Report) (Lik

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 7:26pm On Jan 17, 2016
@ brocab:
Yes it was the JW's who had advertised themselves on you tube, and other around the
world, theirs many programs
the JW's have advertised, theirs plenty of reading for everybody.
You need to ask the person(s) who told you this lie to show proof.

You would be amazed to see how many JW's are using the net as a tool to reach out and spread your gospel.
So because they use the internet, then you believe they use youtube.?
The way you reach conclusions atimes!

Christians all over this planet are the doing the same, You need to get with the times.
You just said they do it!

[quite]With the technology we have today, the computer industry has taken over the world, people aren't listening any- longer so you need to tune in with the program, and see how the world has turned over these last days, young people are either into their phones or a computer, and where's the best place to get their attention is sign up and learn about the computer world.
And reach out.[/quote]
Ok o.

So yes you are wrong, the JW's have caught on to the program, using the net, like you and I- how else are we commutating?
Bro, internet and youtube dnt mean the same thing!
I use the internet does not mean I use youtube, so dnt defend your false accusation with a different thing, go and those who told you that jehovahs witnesses made that video to provide proof for you.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 9:50pm On Jan 18, 2016
Being hypercritical is what you are, look at you, you are also showing proof, if JW's don't get on the net, then why are you on the net. The nets the net, it doesn't matter where one advertises, it's still the net. Someone had written the above, that even you, have answered to this page. Mr big mouth himself is advertising his beliefs on the net?
I suppose its all right for you to stay clear of you tube, only because you are too gutless to find out the truth about yourself.
But not for these JW's they are looking beyond, I am sure many thousands have found what they are looking for, you have no idea, and as we can see some JW's are more advanced then you are, they use you tube, blending in with the program, and here is you, a critic, who's too frightened to step away from your own nesting's.
Get with the program, blend in, the young people won't listen to no-body, unless, theirs something in it for them. Technology has taken over.
And you have the cheek to call everybody else a liar, when really you are just plain silly to figure out who the real liar is.
IT's YOU.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnDa053tS0c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NCLZBixxYw

dolphinheart:
@ brocab:

You need to ask the person(s) who told you this lie to show proof.

So because they use the internet, then you believe they use youtube.?
The way you reach conclusions atimes!

You just said they do it!

[quite]With the technology we have today, the computer industry has taken over the world, people aren't listening any- longer so you need to tune in with the program, and see how the world has turned over these last days, young people are either into their phones or a computer, and where's the best place to get their attention is sign up and learn about the computer world.
And reach out.
Ok o.

So yes you are wrong, the JW's have caught on to the program, using the net, like you and I- how else are we commutating?
Bro, internet and youtube dnt mean the same thing!
I use the internet does not mean I use youtube, so dnt defend your false accusation with a different thing, go and those who told you that jehovahs witnesses made that video to provide proof for you.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 10:12pm On Jan 18, 2016
One must be born again before he can enter into the kingdom of God.
Matthew 28:18-19 "Jesus said, we must be baptised in the Father the Son and the Holy Spirit. Jesus came to then and said, all authority in heaven and on earth has been given to Me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations baptising them in the name of the Father the Son and the Holy Spirit.
In your case you are not baptised, in the Father into the Son and the Holy Spirit, Jehovah Witnesses are required to agree in addition to dedicating their life to Jehovah, their dedication identifies them as Jehovah Witnesses in accusation with Gods spirit-directed organization.
James 2:18-19 "But someone will say, "You have faith, and I have works, Show me your faith without your works.
You believe there is one God, you do well, even the demons believe-and tremble! But do you want to know, "O foolish man" that faith without works is dead.
So really you are talking rubbish to even think down those lines you are saved. Saved by whom?

[quote author=dolphinheart post=42070750
Pls add the source of the lifting.

Again I repost:
I now know how to gain
true God.
(Quote) (Report) (Lik[/quote]
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 1:57am On Jan 19, 2016
Done.
samted:

totally..no argument
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by joyandfaith: 6:26am On Jan 19, 2016
brocab:
One must be born again before he can enter into the kingdom of God.
Matthew 28:18-19 "Jesus said, we must be baptised in the Father the Son and the Holy Spirit. Jesus came to then and said, all authority in heaven and on earth has been given to Me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations baptising them in the name of the Father the Son and the Holy Spirit.
In your case you are not baptised, in the Father into the Son and the Holy Spirit, Jehovah Witnesses are required to agree in addition to dedicating their life to Jehovah, their dedication identifies them as Jehovah Witnesses in accusation with Gods spirit-directed organization.
James 2:18-19 "But someone will say, "You have faith, and I have works, Show me your faith without your works.
You believe there is one God, you do well, even the demons believe-and tremble! But do you want to know, "O foolish man" that faith without works is dead.
So really you are talking rubbish to even think down those lines you are saved. Saved by whom?

john 17:3
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by joyandfaith: 6:40am On Jan 19, 2016
WHO causes the new birth? When exhorting their listeners to become born-again Christians, some preachers quote Jesus’ words: “You people must be born again.” ( ) Such ministers use these words as a command, in effect saying, “Be born again!” They thus preach that it is up to each believer to obey Jesus and take the necessary steps to undergo the new birth. According to such reasoning, the new birth is a matter of personal choice. But is that view in harmony with what Jesus told Nicodemus?
A careful reading of Jesus’ words shows that Jesus did not teach that it is up to man to choose whether to experience the new birth or not. Why do we say this? The Greek expression translated “is born again” can also be rendered “should be born from above.” Thus, according to that alternate rendering, the new birth originates “from above”—that is, “from heaven,” or “from the Father.” ( ; footnote; ) Yes, it is caused by God.— .
If we keep the expression “from above” in mind, it is not hard to understand why an individual cannot cause his own new birth. Just think of your physical birth. Was it up to you to make the choice that led to your birth? Of course not! You were born because you were begotten by your father. Similarly, we can experience the new birth only if God, our heavenly Father, causes our new birth. ( ) Thus, the apostle Peter rightly states: “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, for according to his great mercy he gave us a new birth.”— .
Is It a Command?
Some may wonder, though, ‘If it is true that no one can decide on his own to be born again, why did Jesus give the command: “You people must be born again”?’ That is a valid question. After all, if Jesus’ words do indeed constitute a command, he would be ordering us to do something beyond our control. That does not sound reasonable. Then, how should the words you must be “born again” be understood?
A closer look at that phrase in its original language shows that it is not rendered in the imperative mood, or in the form of a command. Rather, the phrase is rendered in the form of a statement. In other words, when Jesus said you must be “born again,” he was stating a fact, not giving a command. He said: “It is necessary for you to be born from above.”—
, Modern Young’s Literal Translation.
To illustrate this matter of command versus statement of fact, think of a comparison. Picture a city that has several schools. One of them is set aside as a school for students belonging to a native, or indigenous, population living in an area far from that city. One day, a young man who does not belong to that native group tells the principal of that school, “I want to enroll in your school.” The principal tells him, “To enroll, you must be a native.” Of course, the principal’s words are not a command. He is not ordering the student, “Be a native!” The principal simply states the fact—the requirement for attending that school. Similarly, when Jesus said: “You people must be born again,” he was simply stating a fact—the requirement for one to “enter into the kingdom of God.”
That last thought—the Kingdom of God—has a bearing on yet another aspect of the new birth. It concerns the question, What is its purpose? Knowing the answer to that question is a key to understanding accurately what it means to be born again.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 8:54am On Jan 19, 2016
And still Christ has all the authority given to Him. Jesus is the only one who can save you.
joyandfaith:

john 17:3
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 8:58am On Jan 19, 2016
We become born again by choice, its up to you.
joyandfaith:
WHO causes the new birth? When exhorting their listeners to become born-again Christians, some preachers quote Jesus’ words: “You people must be born again.” ( ) Such ministers use these words as a command, in effect saying, “Be born again!” They thus preach that it is up to each believer to obey Jesus and take the necessary steps to undergo the new birth. According to such reasoning, the new birth is a matter of personal choice. But is that view in harmony with what Jesus told Nicodemus?
A careful reading of Jesus’ words shows that Jesus did not teach that it is up to man to choose whether to experience the new birth or not. Why do we say this? The Greek expression translated “is born again” can also be rendered “should be born from above.” Thus, according to that alternate rendering, the new birth originates “from above”—that is, “from heaven,” or “from the Father.” ( ; footnote; ) Yes, it is caused by God.— .
If we keep the expression “from above” in mind, it is not hard to understand why an individual cannot cause his own new birth. Just think of your physical birth. Was it up to you to make the choice that led to your birth? Of course not! You were born because you were begotten by your father. Similarly, we can experience the new birth only if God, our heavenly Father, causes our new birth. ( ) Thus, the apostle Peter rightly states: “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, for according to his great mercy he gave us a new birth.”— .
Is It a Command?
Some may wonder, though, ‘If it is true that no one can decide on his own to be born again, why did Jesus give the command: “You people must be born again”?’ That is a valid question. After all, if Jesus’ words do indeed constitute a command, he would be ordering us to do something beyond our control. That does not sound reasonable. Then, how should the words you must be “born again” be understood?
A closer look at that phrase in its original language shows that it is not rendered in the imperative mood, or in the form of a command. Rather, the phrase is rendered in the form of a statement. In other words, when Jesus said you must be “born again,” he was stating a fact, not giving a command. He said: “It is necessary for you to be born from above.”—
To illustrate this matter of command versus statement of fact, think of a comparison. Picture a city that has several schools. One of them is set aside as a school for students belonging to a native, or indigenous, population living in an area far from that city. One day, a young man who does not belong to that native group tells the principal of that school, “I want to enroll in your school.” The principal tells him, “To enroll, you must be a native.” Of course, the principal’s words are not a command. He is not ordering the student, “Be a native!” The principal simply states the fact—the requirement for attending that school. Similarly, when Jesus said: “You people must be born again,” he was simply stating a fact—the requirement for one to “enter into the kingdom of God.”
That last thought—the Kingdom of God—has a bearing on yet another aspect of the new birth. It concerns the question, What is its purpose? Knowing the answer to that question is a key to understanding accurately what it means to be born again.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Sarang(f): 11:52pm On Jan 20, 2016
Jessicha:

Many religions claims that Spirit is a part of the body that leaves the body when someone dies,but that belief is not biblical.

The Hebrew word Ru'ach and the greek word Pneu'ma which are often translated spirit have different meanings. All of them refers to that which is invisible to human sight and which gives evidence of force in motion.

They are normally used to represent WIND,THE ACTIVE LIFE FORCE IN EARTHLY CREATURES,THE IMPELLING FORCE THAT ISSUES FROM A PERSON'S HEART THAT MAKES HIM ACT OR DO THINGS IN CERTAIN WAY,INSPIRED UTTERANCES ORIGINATING FROM AN INVISIBLE FORCE,GOD'S ACTIVE SPIRIT OR HOLY SPIRIT, and SPIRIT PERSONS.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Sarang(f): 12:01am On Jan 21, 2016
brocab:
I believe its you who had refused to look DEEPER into why the change of the bible was done?

And the scripture when Jesus had appeared to His disciples 3 times is in {John 21:14}

Over the past few decades, new bible translations have been popping up like popcorn. Many strong Christians have stood their Ground and continual to believe, read, and study the Authorised King James Bible. Many others, how ever, have forsaken the book that God used for centuries. Such people have falling for smooth advertising schemes and have actually started believing that the modern versions are superior to the King James Bible.
It's very sad today that Christians have not taken time to study the subject thoroughly enough to see what is happening.

Originally we published only one tract about the King James Bible. The tract is titled, how I know the King James "Is" the word of God as it presents some rather strong arguments for the KJV. Then we offer a second tract, titled Lets Compare Bibles. This tract shows that the modern translation are literally attracting God's word! Both of these tracts are still available and are free upon request.
Now, with the grace of God, we are able to offer a third tract about the King James issue. We call it fables and facts about the King James Bible. It's purpose is to educate Christians about the KJV by clearing some fables that had been spread by the critics. Far to many Christians are accepting the Authorised version by faith alone, rather that working and studying to become more grounded in some of the basic FACTS about this important issue. The following information should be helpful to the believer, who decides to be readily armed with TRUTH.

FABLE: The King James Bible was revised several times before 1800 so modern translations are just additional revisions of the original King James Bible of 1611.

FACTS:The so called "revisions" of the King James Bible prior to 1800 were correct. Typographical errors, add notes, and omit the Apocrypha from between the testaments. There were no changes in the actual TEXT of the King James Bible. The real changes {Over 36,000 of them} didn't start until the modern revisionist came on the scene.

FABLE: The modern translation are more accurate because they have been translated from older and better manuscripts.

FACTS: It is truly amazing how so many Christians have brought into this lie without ever checking what these manuscripts are, Where they came from,and Who wrote them. It's also strange that no-one seems to be asking the question? "Has God has honoured these 'older and better manuscripts throughout Church history?
The modern translation are based on the work of two nineteenth century Greek scholars from England-B.F, Westcott, and F.J.A Hort.
{Westcott and Hort} were deeply involved in the occult, hated and Textus and receptus Greek text from which the King James was translated, so they conjured up THEIR OWN Greek text. This Westcott and Hort Greek text was based primarily on two very corrupt fourth century ROMAN CATHOLIC Manuscripts. Codex Vaticanus { Discovered in the Pope's library in 1481}and Sinaiticus {Discovered in 1859 in a trash can at St' Catherine's monastery on Mt. Sinai} These are usually "older and better" manuscripts that we keep hearing so much about. These manuscripts supports most of the attacks in the new visions.
The Vaticanus is considered to be the most authoritative, although it was responsible for over 36,000 changes that appear today in the new version. This perverted manuscripts contains the books of pagan Apocrypha, which are not scriptural;it omits the pastoral epistles
{1 Timothy to Titus} the book of Revelation, and its cut off of the book of Hebrews at {Hebrew 9:14} {A very convenient stopping point for the Catholic Church, since God forbids their priesthood in Hebrews 10} The attacks on the word of God found in these manuscripts originated in Alexandria, Egypt, with the deceitful I work of such pagan Greek "scholars" as Origin and clement of Alexandria. Then in 313 A.D. The Roman emperor Constantine ordered fifty copes of "the Bible" from Eusebius the bishop of Caesaria, Eusebius being a devout student of Origin's work, close to send him manuscripts filled with Alexandria's corruption, rather the sending him the true word of God in the SYRIAN text in Antioch, Syria, So the corrupt Alexandria text {Also called the "Egyptian" or "Hesychian" type text} found its way into the Vatican manuscripts, then aventually into the Westcott, and Hort Greek text, and finely into the new "Bible" in your local Christian book store.
Therefore" when you hear or read of "someone" "correcting the King James Bible, with "order" or "more authoritative" manuscripts, you are simply hearing someone trying to use the Roman Catholic text to overthrow the God-honoured text of the protestant reformation and the great revivals. God has never honoured this corrupt text and He never will.

FABLE: New translation need to correct the errors and contradictions in the King James Bible.

FACTS: NO-one has ever proven that their are errors and contradictions in the KJV. "Many "Christians" colleges and preachers have a nasty habit of pointing out APPARENT contradictions to their people, but these arguments have been disproven so many times, that it is nothing lessthen disgusting to hear them still being used.

FABLE: The new translations are needed to bring archaic Old English language up to date, People have trouble understanding the language of the King James Bible.

FACTS: The King James Bible is not hard to understand. Most of the so called "archaic" words are explained by the context of the passage or by comparing the passage with other passages in the Bible where the same words are used. Heady and high-minded people resent the King James because it is plain and simple, and it isn't in tune with their high-minded vocabulary. In fact the grade level indicater of the flesch-kincaid research company says the King James language is easier to understand then the new versions.
We certainly agree that the language of the King James Bible is a unique language, but why shouldn't be? IT'S THE WORD OF GOD.

FABLE: The King James Bible cannot be infallible because the translators were only men, and all men are sinners. The human element prevents the KJV from being infallible.

FACT: If this is true, then even the ORIGINAL AUTOGRAPHS in Hebrew and Greek were not infallible, because they too were penned by men.
The fact of the matter is that the King James translators were only "instruments" of preservation {Which is exactly what they called themselves in the dedicatory to the A.V. 1611} God has always been the Divine Preserver in His Word {Psalms 12:6-7} but He has used men as tools and instruments of preservation, just as He users men to preach His Word. When men humble themselves to the will of God, God can use them to accomplish His Will. {Romans 12:1-2} and this is precisely what happen between 1604 to 1611.

FABLE: The King James translators added to the word of God, because the italicized words I the KJV were not in the Originals.

FACTS:The Italics in the KJV proved that the translators were honest in their work. They set the words in Italics so we would know they were not in the manuscripts they were using.
Besides no-one has copies of the manuscripts today, so no-one for certain that the Italicizes aren't in them. In fact there are many cases where we know the Italicized Words are justified. For example {Deuteronomy 8:3} that the word "word" is in Italic. However, when Jesus quotes this verse in {Matthew 4:4} he includes the Italicized word! If the Italicized word does not belong in the bible, Why did the Lord Jesus Quote it?

FABLE: The Original King James Bible included the Apocrypha in the old testament.

FACT: The King James knew the Apocrypha was not scripture, so they placed between the Old and the New testaments, as a
HISTORICAL DOCUMENT not as scripture.
Friend don't be deceived by the crafty critics of God's word LEARN THE FACTS.
3 John 4:1 "I have no greater joy than to hear My children walk in truth.

Brocab Why does the King James version has Jehovah in some part of the verses and Lord or God in others?

2) Who wrote the king James version?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Sarang(f): 12:03am On Jan 21, 2016
brocab:
Yes it was the JW's who had advertised themselves on you tube, and other around the world, theirs many programs the JW's have advertised, theirs plenty of reading for everybody. You would be amazed to see how many JW's are using the net as a tool to reach out and spread your gospel.
With the technology we have today, the computer industry has taken over the world, people aren't listening any-longer so
you need to tune in with the program, and see how the world has turned over these last days, young people are either into their phones or a computer, and where's the best place to get their attention is sign up and learn about the computer world.

And reach out.
So yes you are wrong, the JW's have caught on to the program, using the net, like you and I-how else are we commutating?

You are right. We do use the net but Only On Jw.Org.

We do not put materials on Youtube or stuff.
We have a website Jw.Org. We are rich enough to have a website.

And what is wrong with Talking to people about God in the net?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Sarang(f): 12:12am On Jan 21, 2016
[quote author=brocab post=42108104]One must be born again before he can enter into the kingdom of God.
[color=#000099]So really you are talking rubbish to even think down those lines you are saved. Saved by whom? ****

Learning and doing Jehovahs will is the requirement Mr.
1cor 18 :4 There is no God but One.

The demons believe that Jehovah exists and shulder but they do not have faith in him or please him.

Jehovahs witnesses show their faith by coming to your house and that of your neighbour to talk to you about God.

Lastly Saved by Jehovah himself.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Sarang(f): 12:17am On Jan 21, 2016
brocab:
And still Christ has all the authority given to Him. Jesus is the only one who can save you.

I cannot do a single thing on my own initiative;Just as I hear,I judge and the judgement I render is righteous because I seek NOT my own will but the will of the one who SENT me.. john 5:30

1Jon 2:17..He that does the will of GOD remains forever.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Sarang(f): 12:22am On Jan 21, 2016
joyandfaith:
Is It a Command?

The purpose for establishing his kingdom lies on Jehovah's foremost purpose for the earth which is to make a paradise,a bliss for the inhabitants of the earth. At first Satan thwarted this plan still Jehovah's purpose for the earth has not changed. Soon he will bring his kingdom on earth,destroy the wicked people and take over his rulership. This Kingdom we are earnestly waiting for, Which is why we pray each day"MAY YOUR KINGDOM COME.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Sarang(f): 12:28am On Jan 21, 2016
samted:

1 peter 3 vs 18 - 20 (KJV) says: 18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit: 19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison; 20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

Now, if you're well versed in the English language (to a reasonable extent at least) you'd know that v18 which says He was put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the spirit, doesn't refer to the resurrection in any way. He was quickened by the spirit is explained in v19 which says BY WHICH (through the spirit), He went and preached unto spirits in prison, continue to v20 which says that those spirits were sometime disobedient to God in the days of Noah.

You'd agree with me that those spirits which were disobedient to God in the days of Noah were once humans who had long passed before the coming of Jesus. If this is so, it only makes sense to say that they were cast into a place of punishment (not eternal damnation) to await judgment. And due to the fact that they hadn't heard the gospel, Jesus went to preach to them and offer them a chance at salvation...this chance we have every single day we hear the word.

The spirits who were disobedient in Noah's days was Angels who rebelled against God,turned to humans and took wives for themselves.

Jehovah never intended for such to happen.
Those rebellious ones are now in the same organization with satan as his demons,deceiving the world and causing chaos every where.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Sarang(f): 12:33am On Jan 21, 2016
samted:

eccl 9:5 is talking about 'the dead' (DEAD PEOPLE) not their spirits. The spirit leaves the person (vessel) after death.

and eccl 9:10 acknowledges that there is a realm of the dead (sheol) or hell or the grave where there is no work or planning.

please, what points were u trying to bring from those verses?

Ecl 5:10
The living know that at least they will die but the dead know nothing at all....

Do you know what Satan told Eve in the garden of Eden?
If you eat the fruit you will not die where as Jehovah has already said they will die.

Now if you are saying that the dead are still ALIVE somewhere in the spirit realm,are you not calling God a liar? You might not know this but by saying there is a body that lives after a person dies,you are supporting Satan's lie.

And thats not true. The dead are in the grave and they know or remember nothing at all!

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 12:33am On Jan 21, 2016
As you said by your works you believe you are saved.
James 2:18 "But someone will say, "You have faith and I have works, "Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works.
In your case, not having the faith in Christ, you believe your works will save you.
Plus the JW's have black listed my home, they can't handle the truth about Christ. Like you.
[quote author=Sarang post=42175218][/quote]
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Sarang(f): 12:35am On Jan 21, 2016
brocab:
As you said by your works you believe you are saved.
James 2:18 "But someone will say, "You have faith and I have works, "Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works.
In your case, not having the faith in Christ, you believe your works will save you.
Plus the JW's have black listed my home, they can't handle the truth about Christ. Like you.

We believe that Jesus is the son of God and by means of him many will be saved. We do not believe he is God. He is not God himself!

I don't know about your home but please make sure not to hurt our brothers.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 12:47am On Jan 21, 2016
And the JW's use other places to advertise and you tube seems to be their biggest weapon, I have learn so much about your religion. JW.Org is just a small part on the net, watching these video's live makes a lot of difference, when one is searching for the truth about Christ.
And you don't believe Jesus is the savour of the world. Jesus said: He is the way and the truth and the life. No-one go's to the Father without Him.
Aren't you in trouble.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZwvh57erRo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fOf7LwQxiw
So there you have it.
I can show you what the X JW's are saying about the church if you like.
Sarang:

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 12:57am On Jan 21, 2016
Your brothers are only hurt mentally when I preach to them about Christ. you believe the Father and the Son are 2 different people and the Holy Spirit is an active force. Its funny, the active force can speak.
Well they are 3 in one, It takes 3 to make up 1 God.
Sarang:

We believe that Jesus is the son of God and by means of him many will be saved. We do not believe he is God. He is not God himself!

I don't know about your home but please make sure not to hurt our brothers.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 1:02am On Jan 21, 2016
PLUS YOU BETTER INFORM DOLPHINHEART HE SAID EVERYONE'S LYING, AND THE JW'S DON'T USE YOU TUBE FOR ANY REASONS.
ISN'T THIS STRANGE ONE JW DON'T KNOW WHAT THE OTHER JW IS DOING.
Sarang:

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (278) (Reply)

Nairaland Bible Quiz-you can join anytime... / Sincere Milk — Answering God's Call / Dreams And Their Meanings/ Interpretation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 221
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.