Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,180 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them - Religion (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them (374103 Views)

Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There / Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (278) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 3:48pm On May 21, 2016
rev 1:4-6 ESV
John to the seven churches that are in Asia:
Grace to you and peace [/u]FROM HIM[/u] who is and who was and who is to come, AND FROM the seven spirits who are before his throne, 5 AND FROM Jesus Christ the faithful witness, the firstborn of the dead, and the ruler of kings on earth.
To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood 6 and made us a kingdom, PRIESTS TO HIS GOD AND FATHER, to him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen

WHAT DOES THESE VERSES TEACH US
1. These verses teaches us that the greetings by John to the seven congregations came from three dinstinct and different sources, first one was from the one who is, who was and who is to come, second one is from the seven spirit's which solite3 claim to be the holy spirit, thiRd greeting was from Jesus Christ.

2. The first greeting was from HIM , who the verse decribes as who is who was and who is to come(solite3 said this is the father).

3. The second greeting are from the seven Spirits( solite3 said these is the holy spirit)

4. The third is from Jesus who John calls the FAITHFUL WITNESS, THE FIRSTBORN OF THE DEAD.

5. John makes an important statement , he saY's that Jesus had made us a kingdom, PRIESTS TO HIS GOD AND FATHER.

6. From 5 above we learn that Jesus did not only claim that the father is God, like some will like to believe, he claimed that the Father is HIS GOD? EVEN RIGHT THERE IN HEAVEN!
(The scriptures is awash with facts to support these claims , I shall quote most as we go along)

7. from the greeting of John and from his statements regarding jesus. It is evident that :
a) jesus is not the God mentioned is verse 1
b)jesus has a God in heaven
c)jesus is not HIM who gave the first greeting , the one described as who is who was and who is to come(which solite3 refers to as the father). john specifically describes who the greetings where from!
d)jesus is not the almighty God as he had said, with John reiteratING that Jesus has A GOD!( note this is very much different from calling someone God, like some like to use as a defense to jesus and John's statements)

(color=blue] pls note all these points if when we are examining rev 1:7,8[/color])

do we have scriptures that surpport these explanations? yes

1. [b] rev 1:8 English Standard Version
“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”
NWT
Re 1:8“I am the Alʹpha and the O·meʹga,” says Jehovah God, “the One who is and who was and who is coming, the Almighty.”

2.rev 4:8 English Standard Version
And the four living creatures, each of them with six wings, are full of eyes all around and within, and day and night they never cease to say, “Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord God Almighty, who was and is and is to come!”
NWT
As for the four living creatures, each one of them had six wings; they were full of eyes all around and underneath. And continuously, day and night, they say: “Holy, holy, holy is Jehovah God, the Almighty, who was and who is and who is coming.”
Aramaic Bible in Plain English
Each one of these four beasts stood and had from its appendages and over it six surrounding wings, and from within they are full of eyes and are not silent day or night, saying, “Holy, holy, holy, LORD JEHOVAH God Almighty.”
Aramaic Bible in Plain English
Saying, “We thank you, LORD JEHOVAH God Almighty, who is and has been, for you have taken your great power and you have reigned.”

3. Re 3:14“To the angel of the congregation in La·o·di·ceʹa write: These are the things that the Amen says, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation by God:

4 Joh 15:9Just as the Father has loved me, so I have loved you; remain in my love.

5. King James Version
Joh 20:17Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.[/b]

Now my question to brocab and solite3
1. does jesus have a god?
2. who is the God of jesus?
3. can the almighty God have a god superior to him?

*readers should notice if they answer these questions or respond to the scriptures quoted.

now in my next post ill move on to another part of the question, which is quoting and explaining heb 1: 9

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 6:03pm On May 21, 2016
[b]heb 1:9( English Standard Version)
You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness; THEREFORE GOD, YOU GOD, has anointed you with the oil of gladness beyond your COMPANNIONS.”

WHAT DO WE LEARN FROM THESE SCRIPTURE.
1. Jesus has a God who is superior to him, who is his God .
2. This God is now suppor ting jesus statements indicating he has a God , this God now states that he is the God of jesus
3. It is this God who anointed jesus and exalted him above his companions.
4. the reason for such anointing is because and not limited to the fact that Jesus loved righteousness and hated wickedness.

ARE THEIR SCRIPTURES TO SURPPORT THESE VIEWS ? YES

[b]Isa 61:1The spirit of the Sovereign Lord Jehovah is upon me, Because Jehovah anointed me to declare good news to the meek. He sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives And the wide opening of the eyes to the prisoners,

Lu 3:21, 22Now when all the people were baptized, Jesus too was baptized. As he was praying, the heaven was opened up,
22and the holy spirit in bodily form like a dove came down upon him, and a voice came out of heaven: [color]“You are my Son, the beloved; I have approved you.”[/color]

Lu 4:18“Jehovah’s spirit is upon me, because he anointed me to declare good news to the poor. He sent me to proclaim liberty to the captives and a recovery of sight to the blind, to send the crushed ones away free,

now the question to solite3 and brocab is
1. who is the God of jesus that anointed jesus

* pls note if there is a response to the scriptures quoted, and the questions asked.

I'll now move to the last part of the question which asked " who was talking in rev 3:3,12

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 6:06pm On May 21, 2016
Isaiah 42:12 English standard version
12. I made the earth and created man on it, it was my hands that stretched out heavens, and I commanded their host.

]Isaiah 45:12. Amplified Bible
12. I made the earth and created man upon it.
My hands stretched out the heavens
And I commanded all their host.

Isaiah 44:24. New world translation (NWT)
This is what Jehovah has said, your Repurchaser and the former of you from the belly.
I, Jehovah, am doing everything, stretching out the heavens by myself, laying out the earth. Who was with me?

This verse alone completely destroys Watchtowers theology because it obliterates any notion that Jehovah used a junior partner in the act of creation. The rhetorical question" who was with me?" is "No one". This is what sets Jehovah apart

Isaiah 45:12. NWT
"I myself [ Jehovah] [/b]have made the earth and have created even man upon it. I, my own hands have stretched out the heavens, and all the army I have commanded"
Again, Jehovah emphasizes "I myself" used " my own hands". Jehovah was the lone craftsman.

Isaiah 48:13, NWT "Moreover, [b]My own hand laid the foundation of the earth, and my own right hand extended out the heavens.
I am calling to them, that they may keep standing together.

This verse not only indicates that Jehovah's " Own hand" created heaven and earth, but that Jehovah is sustaining his creation as well.
When one examines New Testament verse regarding Jesus, one can see that Jesus is also credited as creator and sustainer. For example

John 1:3 NWT " All things came into existence
[color=#770077]through him, and apart from him not even one thing came into existence
"

Col 1:16-17 NWT " ....because by means of him all [other] things were created in the heavens and upon the earth, the things visible and the things invisible, no matter whether they are thrones or lordship or government or authorities. All[ other] things and by means of him all [ other] things were made to exist.[/color]
Heb 1:2. NWT " God who long ago spoke on many occasions and in many ways to our forefathers by means of the prophets, has at these end of days spoken by means of a son whom he had appointed heir of all things, through whom he made the systems of things. He is the reflection of [ his] glory and the exact representation of his very being, and he sustains all things by the word of his power.

AS TRINITARIANS, WE DON' T DENY THAT THE FATHER MADE THE WORLD THROUGH THE SON. BUT WITH SCRIPTURE, WE AFFIRM THAT ONLY JEHOVAH CREATED.
THEREFORE, THE FATHER AND THE SON ARE BOTH JEHOVAH.

The Jw ought to give serious reflection as to what he called Jesus " THE EXACT REPRESENTATION OF [JEHOVAH'S] BEING.

Still load...ing
Dolphinsheart
Goodnews
Barrister
Jozzy
An any witness should respond to these post failure to do so will go a long way to show your bible twisting nature
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 6:18pm On May 21, 2016
Jozzy4:

Jesus Christ will be subjected to His God and Father as stated in 1 Corinthians 15:28 , do u agreeeeeee ?

As a man when he is through with the work of salvation will be made subject to God
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 6:29pm On May 21, 2016
dolphinheart:

1. If you read the posts I pasted concerning jesus having same nature as God , you will see the explanations there, you where so busy making false allegations that I said Jesus and God have one nature that you did not see it, I've shown you again, and you are now actin as if it's not there!
this matter is a simple one where did you explain the term Jesus has same nature as God.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Jozzy4: 7:24pm On May 21, 2016
solite3:
As a man when he is through with the work of salvation will be made subject to God

thats the point @ bold! the Son will be subjected, revealing he is not the highest authority - 1 corinthians 15:27

thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 7:47pm On May 21, 2016
Jozzy4:

thats the point @ bold! the Son will be subjected, revealing he is not the highest authority - 1 corinthians 15:27

thank you.
u are confusing Christ human nature and his divine nature Christ in his divine nature is one with the father only his humanity will be made subject shocked
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 8:02pm On May 21, 2016
[quote author=dolphinheart post=45834160][b] rev 1:4(ESV) John to the seven churches that are in Asia:
Grace to you and peace from him who is and who was and who is to come, and from the seven spirits who are before his throne

actually, I'm supposed to quote from verse 4-6, I'll do that next, but I specifically quoted verse 4, just to bring out some interesting things said by brocab and solite3 on these verse.

WHAT DO WE LEARN FROM THESE VERSE?( brocab and solite3 can respond if what I learned are wrong .
1. John was sending his greeting from (1) the one who is, and who was, and who is to come ( the identity of these one will be revealed later ) and (2) the seven spirits
2. The greetings are from two distinct sources , the one who is, who was, and who is to come, is not the same person as the seven spirits who are before His throne.

NOW LETS SEE SOME OF BROCABS AND SOLITE3 POSTS CONNECT ING THESE VERSE
*readers can cross check if I quoted them correctly or wrongly

take note of part of what brocab said on April 22, 11:54pm(this can be found on page 40 of these thread

part of what brocab said oh april 30, 3:41am( this can be found on page 40 of these thread)

part of what brocab said on may 8 , 10:26pm(this can be found on page 41)

Now see what solite3 said on may 6 9:55.(This can be found on page 45)

brocab and solite3, who should we now believe between the two of you
brocab: the one who is, who was and who is to come is jesus
solite3: the one who is, who was and who is to come refers to the father.

This brings about the question(PLS EVERYONE SHOULD OBSERVE IF BROCAB AND SOLITE3 WILL ANSWER THESE)
1. is jesus the same person as the father?
Jesus is not same person as the father but they are one God cheesy.
2. If not , how can both now be the one who is, who was and who is coming?
because both are one God
while we wait for these answers, I'll move on to quote and explain my views on rev 1:4-6

dolphinsheart I have answered your question you answer mine
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Jozzy4: 8:07pm On May 21, 2016
solite3:
u are confusing Christ human nature and his divine nature Christ in his divine nature is one with the father only his humanity will be made subject shocked

where is this written in the Bible ?

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Jozzy4: 8:11pm On May 21, 2016
[quote author=solite3 post=45843046][/quote]
show me where the Bible said the Father and his son ARE ONE GOD?

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 8:35pm On May 21, 2016
Jozzy4:

where is this written in the Bible ?
hmm that shows your shallowness. Philippians 2:6-7
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 8:37pm On May 21, 2016
[b]rev 3:2,12 ESV
Wake up, and strengthen what remains and is about to die, for I have not found your works complete in the sight of MY GOD.
12. The one who conquers, I will make him a pillar in the temple of my God. Never shall he go out of it, and I will write on him the name of my God, and the name of the city of MY GOD , the new Jerusalem, which comes down from my God out of heaven, and MY OWN NEW NAME.

WHAT DO WE LEARN FROM THESE VERSE
1. Jesus keeps repeating the fact that he has a God .
2 . He made this statement while he had gone back to heaven as a spirit creature
3. This means that even in heaven, Jesus still states that he has a God !
4. He calls his God "my God "
5. Jesus also has a new name

my question to solite3 and brocab
1. do you now agree that in heaven jesus still has a God ?
2. do you know the God Jesus called "my god"?

now ill add all this evidence together and conclude by examinING rev 1:7,8

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 8:46pm On May 21, 2016
Jozzy4:

show me where the Bible said the Father and his son ARE ONE GOD?
is it now u are waking up
OK start with John 10: 30
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Jozzy4: 8:46pm On May 21, 2016
solite3:
hmm that shows your shallowness. Philippians 2:6-7

Philipians 2:6-7

" who although he was existing in Gods form, gave no consideration, namely, that he should be equal to God. NO , but he emptied himself and took a slaves form and came to be in the likeness of men "

this verse speaks with reference to Jesus ministry on earth. NOT his been subjected to God in Heaven. u failed again.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Jozzy4: 8:48pm On May 21, 2016
solite3:
is it now u are waking up OK start with John 10: 30
"I and the Father are one " john 10:30

he didnt say I and the Father are ONE GOD , u failed again
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 8:56pm On May 21, 2016
[quote author=dolphinheart post=45843929][b]rev 3:2,12 ESV
Wake up, and strengthen what remains and is about to die, for I have not found your works complete in the sight of MY GOD.
12. The one who conquers, I will make him a pillar in the temple of my God. Never shall he go out of it, and I will write on him the name of my God, and the name of the city of MY GOD , the new Jerusalem, which comes down from my God out of heaven, and MY OWN NEW NAME.

WHAT DO WE LEARN FROM THESE VERSE
1. Jesus keeps repeating the fact that he has a God .
2 . He made this statement while he had gone back to heaven as a spirit creature
3. This means that even in heaven, Jesus still states that he has a God !
4. He calls his God "my God "
5. Jesus also has a new name

my question to solite3 and brocab
1. do you now agree that in heaven jesus still has a God ?
Jesus still has the human nature even in heaven undecided
2. do you know the God Jesus called "my god"
Dolphinsheart answer my question
Did the Father called Jesus God?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Jozzy4: 9:06pm On May 21, 2016
[quote author=solite3 post=45844413][/quote]

human nature in heaven ! Jesus still have intestine, blood, flesh, lungs, liver, male genital in heaven ?

ARE YOU OKAY?

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 9:11pm On May 21, 2016
[quote author=Jozzy4 post=45844162]

P
hilipians 2:6-7

" who although he was existing in Gods form, [s]gave no consideration, namely, that he should be equal to God[/s]. [b]NO , but he emptied himself and took a slaves form and came to be in the likeness of men "[/quote]
@ bold this contradict your words below
this verse speaks with reference to Jesus ministry on earth. NOT his been subjected to God in Heaven. u failed again.
cool
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 9:21pm On May 21, 2016
Jozzy4:

[s]human nature in heaven ! Jesus still have intestine, blood, flesh, lungs, liver, male genital in heaven ?

ARE YOU OKAY[/s]?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 9:25pm On May 21, 2016
Jozzy4:

"I and the Father are one " john 10:30

he didnt say I and the Father are ONE GOD , u failed again
the pharisee understood what Jesus was saying. Jesus didn't deny it.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by goodnews201668: 9:26pm On May 21, 2016
dolphinheart:

oh my!

Jman05 once told me he dances azonto with him, he can limp like a frog eee.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 9:27pm On May 21, 2016
solite3:
12. I made the earth and created man on it, it was my hands that stretched out heavens, and I commanded their host.

This is what Jehovah has said, your Repurchaser and the former of you from the belly.
I, Jehovah, am doing everything, stretching out the heavens by myself, laying out the earth. Who was with me?

This verse alone completely destroys Watchtowers theology because it obliterates any notion that Jehovah used a junior partner in the act of creation. The rhetorical question" who was with me?" is "No one". This is what sets Jehovah apart

"I myself [ Jehovah] [/b]have made the earth and have created even man upon it. I, my own hands have stretched out the heavens, and all the army I have commanded"
Again, Jehovah emphasizes "I myself" used " my own hands". Jehovah was the lone craftsman.

Isaiah 48:13, NWT "Moreover, [b]My own hand laid the foundation of the earth, and my own right hand extended out the heavens.

This verse not only indicates that Jehovah's " Own hand" created heaven and earth, but that Jehovah is sustaining his creation as well.
When one examines New Testament verse regarding Jesus, one can see that Jesus is also credited as creator and sustainer. For example

[color=#770077]through him, and apart from him not even one thing came into existence
"

Col 1:16-17 NWT " ....because by means of him all [other] things were created in the heavens and upon the earth, the things visible and the things invisible, no matter whether they are thrones or lordship or government or authorities. All[ other] things and by means of him all [ other] things were made to exist.[/color]
Heb 1:2. NWT " God who long ago spoke on many occasions and in many ways to our forefathers by means of the prophets, has at these end of days spoken by means of a son whom he had appointed heir of all things, through whom he made the systems of things. He is the reflection of [ his] glory and the exact representation of his very being, and he sustains all things by the word of his power.

AS TRINITARIANS, WE DON' T DENY THAT THE FATHER MADE THE WORLD THROUGH THE SON. BUT WITH SCRIPTURE, WE AFFIRM THAT ONLY JEHOVAH CREATED.

The Jw ought to give serious reflection as to what he called Jesus " THE EXACT REPRESENTATION OF [JEHOVAH'S] BEING.

Still load...ing
Dolphinsheart
Goodnews
Barrister
Jozzy
An any witness should respond to these post failure to do so will go a long way to show your bible twisting nature
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Jozzy4: 9:31pm On May 21, 2016
[quote author=solite3 post=45844827][/quote]

a lot of friends here reading our chats are having good laugh at ur irrationality.

show me whats contradictory in the fact that while phil 2:6-7 speak of Christ ministry on earth, 1 Cor 15:28 emphasised an event in heaven.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Jozzy4: 9:33pm On May 21, 2016
solite3:
the pharisee understood what Jesus was saying. Jesus didn't deny it.

you are a liar , Jesus never said I and the Father are one GOD !

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by goodnews201668: 9:35pm On May 21, 2016
Barristter07:
solite3

you can still continue this lie.

" You can search the translations, FOR IT " johnw74

if you get mind, tell me what he implied by translations ? if its not Bible

am expecting your reply . grin grin

grin grin grin grin

This your phony friend eee.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Jozzy4: 9:36pm On May 21, 2016
[quote author=solite3 post=45845197][/quote] Solite3 said
" THE FATHER AND THE SON ARE BOTH JEHOVAH "
do we have two Jehovah ? emphasis on both
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 10:02pm On May 21, 2016
Jozzy4:

Solite3 said

" THE FATHER AND THE SON ARE BOTH JEHOVAH "

do we have two Jehovah ? emphasis on both
Jehovah is one trinue being
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by goodnews201668: 10:26pm On May 21, 2016
solite3:

Did you understand that portion at all?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Jessicha(f): 10:29pm On May 21, 2016
goodnews201668:

Did you understand that portion at all?
he didn't o
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by goodnews201668: 10:32pm On May 21, 2016
Barristter07:

solite3

see what poor bible reading habit did to you

" God ... these last days He has spoken to us by His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, and through whom He made the universe.
" Heb 1:1,2

His problem is comprehension. grin grin
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by goodnews201668: 10:38pm On May 21, 2016
Jessicha:

he didn't o

Barrister and dolphinheart might be waisting their time after all, they'll never see the truth.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Jessicha(f): 10:39pm On May 21, 2016
solite3:

"

Still load...ing
Dolphinsheart
Goodnews
Barrister
Jozzy

Isaiah 44:24 only acknowledged Jehovah as the Creator. this doesnt mean he didnt use an agent or master worker ( proverb 8:30)

there are many instances in the scripture where Jehovah identified himself as doing something Alone . this doesnt mean there wasnt an agent through which its done. it only acknowledged him as the SOURCE or FROM WHOM ALL THINGS CAME INTO EXISTENCE.

take for example :

Isaiah 63:3 where Jehovah said he alone trample down the people of Edom, * this doesnt mean men of isreal are not used as agent , but that he is the SOURCE of that victory .

secondly, Ezekiel 36:36 where Jehovah said people will have to know " I MYSELF Jehovah has built the things torn down " , does this mean Jehovah come down from heaven to build the desolate city of isreal ? NO * he used men as agent, but he is the source of that accomplishment.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (278) (Reply)

Sincere Milk — "Help From Above" / Nairaland Bible Quiz-you can join anytime... / Dreams And Their Meanings/ Interpretation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.