Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,343 members, 7,819,208 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:47 PM

Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them - Religion (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them (373340 Views)

Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There / Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (278) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Jessicha(f): 10:42pm On May 21, 2016
goodnews201668:

Barrister and dolphinheart might be waisting their time after all, they'll never see the truth.

lol, they are replying for the benefit of sincere ones reading the thread .

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 10:42pm On May 21, 2016
COMPILATION:

From rev 1:1, we learnt that
1. The revelation comes from God and was given to Jesus
2. "God " in these verse and "Jesus" in these verse are not the same person
3. God here is different from Jesus
4. It was God that wants Jesus to show his servants the things that must shortly take place
5. Jesus now made the revelation from God known through his angel to his servant John
6. thereforE the revelation involved 4 persons , God, Jesus , the angel and John.

From rev 1:4-6 we learnt that
1. John was sending his greeting from (1) the one who is, and who was, and who is to come ( the identity of these one will be revealed later ) and (2) the seven spirits
2. The greetings are from two distinct sources , the one who is, who was, and who is to come, is not the same person as the seven spirits who are before His throne.

We also learnt that
1. These verses teaches us that the greetings by John to the seven congregations came from three dinstinct and different sources, first one was from the one who is, who was and who is to come, second one is from the seven spirit's which solite3 claim to be the holy spirit, thiRd greeting was from Jesus Christ.
2. The first greeting was from HIM , who the verse decribes as who is who was and who is to come(solite3 said this is the father).
3. The second greeting are from the seven Spirits( solite3 said these is the holy spirit)
4. The third is from Jesus who John calls the FAITHFUL WITNESS, THE FIRSTBORN OF THE DEAD.
5. John makes an important statement , he saY's that Jesus had made us a kingdom, PRIESTS TO HIS GOD AND FATHER.
6. From 5 above we learn that Jesus did not only claim that the father is God, like some will like to believe, he claimed that the Father is HIS GOD? EVEN RIGHT THERE IN HEAVEN!
(The scriptures is awash with facts to support these claims , I shall quote most as we go along)
7. from the greeting of John and from his statements regarding Jesus. It is evident that :
a) Jesus is not the God mentioned is verse 1
b)Jesus has a God in heaven
c)Jesus is not HIM who gave the first greeting , the one described as who is who was and who is to come(which solite3 refers to as the father). john specifically describes who the greetings where from!
d)Jesus is not the almighty God as he had said, with John reiteratING that Jesus has A GOD!( note this is very much different from calling someone God, like some like to use as a defense to Jesus and John's statements)

From heb 1:9
1. Jesus has a God who is superior to him, who is his God .
2. This God is now suppor ting Jesus statements indicating he has a God , this God now states that he is the God of Jesus
3. It is this God who anointed Jesus and exalted him above his companions.
4. the reason for such anointing is because and not limited to the fact that Jesus loved righteousness and hated wickedness.

from rev 3:2,12 we learnt that 1. Jesus keeps repeating the fact that he has a God .
2 . He made this statement while he had gone back to heaven as a spirit creature
3. This means that even in heaven, Jesus still states that he has a God !
4. He calls his God "my God "
5. Jesus also has a new name

NOW TO REV 1:7
Behold, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him, and all tribes of the earth will wail on account of him. Even so. Amen.
the identity of the one who is coming is easily identified as jesus , he was the one who was pierced when he was on earth, and who went to heaven in the clouds.

This coming refers to Jesus’ appearing in the future to reward the just and punish the wicked

People will not see him with their literal eyes. Since his ascension to heaven, Jesus is a spirit person “who dwells in unapproachable light, whom not one of men has seen or can see.”— .
1 ti 6:16 who alone has immortality, who dwells in unapproachable light, whom no one has ever seen or can see. To him be honor and eternal dominion. Amen

Jesus does not need to take on a human form to be “seen” by the inhabitants of the earth any more than Jehovah needed to do so when he brought the Ten Plagues on the Egyptians in the days of Moses. The people of that time had no doubt that Jehovah was causing the plagues, and they were forced to recognize his power. In a similar way, when Christ takes action as God’s Executioner, the wicked will be forced to “see,” or perceive, that Jesus is being used by God to judge them. They will know this because mankind will have been warned in advance. Yes, “every eye will see [Jesus], and all the tribes of the earth will beat themselves in grief because of him

rev 1:8
ESV
8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty
Aramaic Bible in Plain English
I am The Alap and The Tau, says THE LORD JEHOVAH God, he who is and has been and is coming, The Almighty.
NWT
.8“I am the Alʹpha and the O·meʹga,” says Jehovah God, “the One who is and who was and who is coming, the Almighty.”

Considering all the things learnt from rev1:1,4-6 , heb 1:9, and rev 3:2,12, it is very clear that these verse is not reffering to jesus, why?
because jesus cannot be the Almighty God, the almighty God does not have a God who is superior to him!
also from those points, we know that Jesus is not the who is ,who was and who is to come as John's greetings has seperated jesus from that person.
Therefore the verse is right to say that jehovah is the person that verse is referring to.

ALPHA AND OMEGA
While many people apply this title both to God and to Christ, a more careful examination of its use restricts its application to Jehovah God.
The first verse of Revelation which i had explained shows that the revelation was given originally by God and through Jesus Christ, hence the one speaking (through an angelic representative) at times is God himself, and at other times it is Christ Jesus.

Thus at rev 1:8 it is Jehovah who is talking cus it's only jehovah that is the almighty God. Although the preceding verse speaks of Christ Jesus, it is clear that in the application of the title is to “the Almighty” God.

The title occurs again at rev 21:6
English Standard Version
And he said to me, “It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. To the thirsty I will give from the spring of the water of life without payment.

The following verse identifies the speaker by saying: “Anyone conquering will inherit these things, and I shall be his God and he will be my son.” ReV 21:7

Inasmuch as Jesus referred to those who are joint heirs with him in his Kingdom as “brothers,” not “sons,” the speaker must be Jesus’ heavenly Father, Jehovah God.
matt 25:40 English Standard Version
And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’

heb 2:10-12 (ESV)
10 For it was fitting that he, for whom and by whom all things exist, in bringing many sons to glory, should make the founder of their salvation perfect through suffering.
11 For he who sanctifies and those who are sanctified all have one source. That is why he is not ashamed to call them brothers,
12 saying, “I will tell of your name to my brothers;
in the midst of the congregation I will sing your praise.”

2Co 6:18“‘And I will become a father to you, and you will become sons and daughters to me,’ says Jehovah, the Almighty.”

The final occurrence of the title is at rev 22:13, which states: “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.”

It is evident that a number of persons are represented as speaking in this chapter of Revelation; verse 8 and 9 show that the angel spoke to John, verse 16 obviously applies to Jesus, the first part of verse 17 is credited to “the spirit and the bride,” and the one speaking in the latter part of verse 20 is manifestly John himself.
“The Alpha and the Omega” of verse 12-15 , therefore, may properly be identified as the same one who bears the title in the other two occurrences: Jehovah God.

The expression, “Look! I am coming quickly,” in verse 12, does not require that these aforementioned verses apply to Jesus, inasmuch as God also speaks of himself as “coming” to execute judgment.

Isa 26:21For look! Jehovah is coming from his place To call the inhabitants of the land to account for their error, And the land will expose her bloodshed And will no longer cover over her slain.”

mal 3: 1-6 speaks of a joint coming for judgment on the part of Jehovah and his “messenger of the covenant.”
[b] look! I am sending my messenger, and he will clear up a way before me. And suddenly the true Lord, whom you are seeking, will come to his temple; and the messenger of the covenant will come, in whom you take delight. Look! He will certainly come,” says Jehovah of armies.
2. “But who will endure the day of his coming, and who will be able to stand when he appears? For he will be like the fire of a refiner and like the lye of laundrymen.
3. And he will sit as a refiner and cleanser of silver and will cleanse the sons of Leʹvi; and he will clarify them like gold and like silver, and they will certainly become to Jehovah people presenting a gift offering in righteousness.
4. And the gift offering of Judah and of Jerusalem will actually be pleasing to Jehovah, as in the days of long ago and as in the years of antiquity.
5. “I will come near to you for judgment, and I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, against the adulterers, against those who take false oaths, against those who defraud the hired worker, the widow, and the fatherless child, and against those who refuse to help the foreigner. These have not feared me,” says Jehovah of armies.
6. “For I am Jehovah; I do not change. And you are sons of Jacob; you have not yet come to your finish[/b]

The title “the Alpha and the Omega” carries the same thought as “the first and the last” and “the beginning and the end” when these terms are used with reference to Jehovah. Before him there was no Almighty God, and there will be none after him. He will bring to a successful conclusion the issue over Godship, forever vindicated as the one and only Almighty God.—
This is what Jehovah says,
The King of Israel and his Repurchaser, Jehovah of armies:
‘I am the first and I am the last.
There is no God but me

my next post will be about jehovah and the almighty God .

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by goodnews201668: 10:46pm On May 21, 2016
Jessicha:

Well the truth is always clear for all to see.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 11:04pm On May 21, 2016
Jozzy4:

a lot of friends here reading our chats are having good laugh at ur irrationality.

show me whats contradictory in the fact that while phil 2:6-7 speak of Christ ministry on earth, 1 Cor 15:28 emphasised an event in heaven.
you Jozzy4 said that Jesus took the form of a slave n came to be in the likeness of man
And then, u said it was during his earthly ministry grin so Jesus took on the form of a servant happened during his earthly ministry n came to be a man during his earthly ministry grin
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 11:09pm On May 21, 2016
goodnews201668:

Did you understand that portion at all?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 11:16pm On May 21, 2016
Jessicha:

he didn't o
Jessica hello how are you doing?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 12:22am On May 22, 2016
solite3:
Isaiah 42:12 English standard version
12. I made the earth and created man on it, it was my hands that stretched out heavens, and I commanded their host.

]Isaiah 45:12. Amplified Bible
12. I made the earth and created man upon it.
My hands stretched out the heavens
And I commanded all their host.

Isaiah 44:24. New world translation (NWT)
This is what Jehovah has said, your Repurchaser and the former of you from the belly.
I, Jehovah, am doing everything, stretching out the heavens by myself, laying out the earth. Who was with me?

This verse alone completely destroys Watchtowers theology because it obliterates any notion that Jehovah used a junior partner in the act of creation. The rhetorical question" who was with me?" is "No one". This is what sets Jehovah apart

Isaiah 45:12. NWT
"I myself [ Jehovah] [/b]have made the earth and have created even man upon it. I, my own hands have stretched out the heavens, and all the army I have commanded"
Again, Jehovah emphasizes "I myself" used " my own hands". Jehovah was the lone craftsman.

Isaiah 48:13, NWT "Moreover, [b]My own hand laid the foundation of the earth, and my own right hand extended out the heavens.
I am calling to them, that they may keep standing together.

This verse not only indicates that Jehovah's " Own hand" created heaven and earth, but that Jehovah is sustaining his creation as well.
When one examines New Testament verse regarding Jesus, one can see that Jesus is also credited as creator and sustainer. For example

John 1:3 NWT " All things came into existence
[color=#770077]through him, and apart from him not even one thing came into existence
"

Col 1:16-17 NWT " ....because by means of him all [other] things were created in the heavens and upon the earth, the things visible and the things invisible, no matter whether they are thrones or lordship or government or authorities. All[ other] things and by means of him all [ other] things were made to exist.[/color]
Heb 1:2. NWT " God who long ago spoke on many occasions and in many ways to our forefathers by means of the prophets, has at these end of days spoken by means of a son whom he had appointed heir of all things, through whom he made the systems of things. He is the reflection of [ his] glory and the exact representation of his very being, and he sustains all things by the word of his power.

AS TRINITARIANS, WE DON' T DENY THAT THE FATHER MADE THE WORLD THROUGH THE SON. BUT WITH SCRIPTURE, WE AFFIRM THAT ONLY JEHOVAH CREATED.
THEREFORE, THE FATHER AND THE SON ARE BOTH JEHOVAH.

The Jw ought to give serious reflection as to what he called Jesus " THE EXACT REPRESENTATION OF [JEHOVAH'S] BEING.

Still load...ing
Dolphinsheart
Goodnews
Barrister
Jozzy
An any witness should respond to these post failure to do so will go a long way to show your bible twisting nature
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 12:32am On May 22, 2016
Now you are just coming and you are starting with a lie?
Jessicha:

[[s]quote]Isaiah 44:24 only acknowledged Jehovah as the Creator. this doesnt mean he didnt use an agent or master worker ( proverb 8:30)[/s]
in a bid to defend your lies you make God a liar. So Jehovah God who says it with his own mouth does not mean what he says. heb 5:18 That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie,....

[s]there are many instances in the scripture where Jehovah identified himself as doing something Alone . this doesnt mean there wasnt an agent through which its done. it only acknowledged him as the SOURCE or FROM WHOM ALL THINGS CAME INTO EXISTENCE.[/s]
so oo God does not mean what he says ehh. There is no instance like that oo.liar

take for example :

]Isaiah 63:3 where Jehovah said he alone trample down the people of Edom, *[t[s]his doesnt mean men of isreal are not used as agent , but that he is the SOURCE of that victory .[/s]
isaiah 63, how did isreal who has erred under punishment and need God's help now help God in his righteous Judgement. U re a disgusting liar

secondly, Ezekiel 36:36 where Jehovah said people will have to know " I MYSELF Jehovah has built the things torn down " , does this mean Jehovah come down from heaven to build the desolate city of isreal ? NO * he used men as agent, but he is the source of that accomplishment.
Do you think he was talking about the physical building undecided in your despiration to cover up your lies u have become an emissary of satan

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 12:46am On May 22, 2016
You got that right, the JW's will never see the truth. I suppose without the Spirit of God no man could see it.
goodnews201668:

Barrister and dolphinheart might be waisting their time after all, they'll never see the truth.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 1:54am On May 22, 2016
[quote author=dolphinheart post=45847043]COMPILATION:

From rev 1:1, we learnt that
1. The revelation comes from God and was given to Jesus
2. "God " in these verse and "Jesus" in these verse are not the same person
3. God here is different from Jesus
4. It was God that wants Jesus to show his servants the things that must shortly take place
5. Jesus now made the revelation from God known through his angel to his servant John
who says Jesus is the same person as the father
6. thereforE the revelation involved 4 persons , God, Jesus , the angel and John.
we already know

From rev 1:4-6 we learnt that
1. John was sending his greeting from (1) the one who is, and who was, and who is to come ( the identity of these one will be revealed later ) and (2) the seven spirits
2. The greetings are from two distinct sources , the one who is, who was, and who is to come, is not the same person as the seven spirits who are before His throne.
John referred to the trinity like that to to tell you their roles in salvation wink it does not mean Jesus is not the one which was, which is and which is to come. See heb 13:8
We also learnt that
1. These verses teaches us that the greetings by John to the seven congregations came from three dinstinct and different sources, first one was from the one who is, who was and who is to come, second one is from the seven spirit's which solite3 claim to be the holy spirit, thiRd greeting was from Jesus Christ.
2. The first greeting was from HIM , who the verse decribes as who is who was and who is to come(solite3 said this is the father).
3. The second greeting are from the seven Spirits( solite3 said these is the holy spirit)
4. The third is from Jesus who John calls the FAITHFUL WITNESS, THE FIRSTBORN OF THE DEAD.
5. John makes an important statement , he saY's that Jesus had made us a kingdom, PRIESTS TO HIS GOD AND FATHER.
6. From 5 above we learn that Jesus did not only claim that the father is God, like some will like to believe, he claimed that the Father is HIS GOD? EVEN RIGHT THERE IN HEAVEN!
(The scriptures is awash with facts to support these claims , I shall quote most as we go along)
7. from the greeting of John and from his statements regarding Jesus. It is evident that :
a) Jesus is not the God mentioned is verse 1
b)Jesus has a God in heaven
c)Jesus is not HIM who gave the first greeting , the one described as who is who was and who is to come(which solite3 refers to as the father). john specifically describes who the greetings where from!
do you see the trinity roles in salvation now
d)Jesus is not the almighty God as he had said, with
remember Jesus has same nature as God.and
John reiteratING that Jesus has A GOD!( note this is very much different from calling someone God, like some like to use as a defense to Jesus and John's statements)
the human nature shocked

From heb 1:9
1. Jesus has a God who is superior to him, who is his God .
only because he took upon him the nature of a servant, as a servant cannot be greater than his master. it is a rule
2. This God is now suppor ting Jesus statements indicating he has a God , this God now states that he is the God of Jesus
this should tell you Jesus is truly a man
3. It is this God who anointed Jesus and exalted him above his companions.
as the head of the MAN Christ Jesus. Who else is fit to do so
4. the reason for such anointing is because and not limited to the fact that Jesus loved righteousness and hated wickedness.
it is clearly written Christ was righteousness personified and only him is truly righteous.

from rev 3:2,12 we learnt that 1. Jesus keeps repeating the fact that he has a God .
2 . He made this statement while he had gone back to heaven as spirit creature
how does the creator now turn to be the creature. God forgive you.
3. This means that even in heaven, Jesus still states that he has a God !
4. He calls his God "my God "
5. Jesus also has a new name
Jesus is still a Man in heaven.d scriptures say no MAN had ascended into heaven except he that came down that is the son of man. If Jesus didn't ascend as a man to even then this scripture becomes a lie.
NOW TO REV 1:7
Behold, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him, and all tribes of the earth will wail on account of him. Even so. Amen.
the identity of the one who is coming is easily identified as jesus , he was the one who was pierced when he was on earth, and who went to heaven in the clouds.
tank God u agreed it is Jesus that is the one to come

This coming refers to Jesus’ appearing in the future to reward the just and punish the wicked
and to reign

Pe[s]ople will not see him with their literal eyes.[/s]
" every eye will see him. When he ascend did the disciples not see him literally with their eyes? [s]Since his ascension to heaven, Jesus is a spirit person[/s] “
who dwells in unapproachable light, whom not one of men has seen or can see.”—
people will see him but not in his unapproachable light.
1 ti 6:16 who alone has immortality, who dwells in unapproachable light, whom no one has ever seen or can see. To him be honor and eternal dominion. Amen
given honor and eternal dominion to a created being?

Jesus does not need to take on a human form to be “seen”
very contradicting u dolphine heart said that Jesus can not be seen
by the inhabitants of the earth any more than Jehovah needed to do so when he brought the Ten Plagues on the Egyptians in the days of Moses. The people of that time had no doubt that Jehovah was causing the plagues, and they were forced to recognize his power. In a similar way, when Christ takes action as God’s Executioner, the wicked will be forced to “see,” or perceive, that Jesus is being used by God to judge them
irrelevant comparism.
They will know this because mankind will have been warned in advance.
Yes, “every eye will see [Jesus], and all the tribes of the earth will beat themselves in grief because of him
very contradicting indeed phew

rev 1:8
ESV
8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty
Aramaic Bible in Plain English
I am The Alap and The Tau, says THE LORD JEHOVAH God, he who is and has been and is coming, The Almighty.
NWT
.8“I am the Alʹpha and the O·meʹga,” says Jehovah God, “the One who is and who was and who is coming, the Almighty.”
d one who is speaking describe himself as Alpha n omega

Therefore the verse is right to say that jehovah is the person that verse is referring to.
Jehovah also called Jesus God why not consider that verse
ALPHA AND OMEGA
While many people apply this title both to God and to Christ,
Jesus desctibe himself so
a more careful examination of its use restricts its application to Jehovah God.
Jesus is Jehovah God
The first verse of Revelation which i had explained shows that the revelation was given originally by God and through Jesus Christ, hence the one speaking (through an angelic representative) at times is God himself, and at other times it is Christ Jesus.
A BLANTANT LIE. The Bible is clear God gave it to Jesus to show to his servants. It never said that God or Jesus were speaking through an angel

Thus at rev 1:8 it is Jehovah who is talking cus it's only jehovah that is the almighty God. Although the preceding verse speaks of Christ Jesus, it is clear that in the application of the title is to “the Almighty” God.
which scripture do you use to back this your baseless nonsense

The title occurs again at rev 21:6
English Standard Version
And he said to me, “It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. To the thirsty I will give from the spring of the water of life without payment.

The following verse identifies the speaker by saying: “Anyone conquering will inherit these things, and I shall be his God and he will be my son.” ReV 21:7

Inasmuch as Jesus referred to those who are joint heirs with him in his Kingdom as “brothers,” not “sons,” the speaker must be Jesus’ heavenly Father, Jehovah God.
matt 25:40 English Standard Version
And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’
ignoramus
heb 2:10-12 (ESV)
10 For it was fitting that he, for whom and by whom all things exist, in bringing many sons to glory, should make the founder of their salvation perfect through suffering.
11 For he who sanctifies and those who are sanctified all have one source. That is why he is not ashamed to call them brothers,
12 saying, “I will tell of your name to my brothers;
in the midst of the congregation I will sing your praise.”

2Co 6:18“‘And I will become a father to you, and you will become sons and daughters to me,’ says Jehovah, the Almighty.”

The final occurrence of the title is at rev 22:13, which states: “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.”

It is evident that a number of persons are represented as speaking in this chapter of Revelation; verse 8 and 9 show that the angel spoke to John, verse 16 obviously applies to Jesus, the first part of verse 17 is credited to “the spirit and the bride,” and the one speaking in the latter part of verse 20 is manifestly John himself.
“The Alpha and the Omega” of verse 12-15 , therefore, may properly be identified as the same one who bears the title in the other two occurrences: Jehovah God.

The expression, “Look! I am coming quickly,” in verse 12, does not require that these aforementioned verses apply to Jesus, inasmuch as God also speaks of himself as “coming” to execute judgment.

Isa 26:21For look! Jehovah is coming from his place To call the inhabitants of the land to account for their error, And the land will expose her bloodshed And will no longer cover over her slain.”

mal 3: 1-6 speaks of a joint coming for judgment on the part of Jehovah and his “messenger of the covenant.”
[b] look! I am sending my messenger, and he will clear up a way before me. And suddenly the true Lord, whom you are seeking, will come to his temple; and the messenger of the covenant will come, in whom you take delight. Look! He will certainly come,” says Jehovah of armies.
2. “But who will endure the day of his coming, and who will be able to stand when he appears? For he will be like the fire of a refiner and like the lye of laundrymen.
3. And he will sit as a refiner and cleanser of silver and will cleanse the sons of Leʹvi; and he will clarify them like gold and like silver, and they will certainly become to Jehovah people presenting a gift offering in righteousness.
4. And the gift offering of Judah and of Jerusalem will actually be pleasing to Jehovah, as in the days of long ago and as in the years of antiquity.
5. “I will come near to you for judgment, and I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, against the adulterers, against those who take false oaths, against those who defraud the hired worker, the widow, and the fatherless child, and against those who refuse to help the foreigner. These have not feared me,” says Jehovah of armies.
6. “For I am Jehovah; I do not change. And you are sons of Jacob; you have not yet come to your finish[/b]
your own quotations betrays u

The title “the Alpha and the Omega” carries the same thought as “the first and the last” and “the beginning and the end” when these terms are used with reference to Jehovah. Before him there was no Almighty God, and there will be none after him. He will bring to a successful conclusion the issue over Godship, forever vindicated as the one and only Almighty God.—
This is what Jehovah says,
The King of Israel and his Repurchaser, Jehovah of armies:
‘I am the first and I am the last.
There is no God but me

a title Jesus also used to describe himself sad cool sad shocked
my next post will be about jehovah and the almighty God .
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 3:51am On May 22, 2016
This is funny' but true a video that was made between Jehovah witnesses and Christianity
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JFLXtyT3Tc
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Jessicha(f): 11:57am On May 22, 2016
solite3:
Now you are just coming and you are starting with a lie?
in a bid to defend your lies you make God a liar. So Jehovah God who says it with his own mouth does not mean what he says. heb 5:18 That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie,....

so oo God does not mean what he says ehh. There is no instance like that oo.liar

context is key , The context of Isaiah is not addressing the issue of whether Jehovah used someone else in creation or not. The context was a comparison between the true Creator and false Gods. BDB lexicon on page 94 gives one definition of the Hebrew BAD (alone) as that of “acting independently.” In this sense Jehovah needed no assistance from the false Gods in the context to create. But Christ’s activity in creation is never described as acting independently.

Isaiah 63:3 and Ezekiel 36:36 are few instances

take for example :

isaiah 63, how did isreal who has erred under punishment and need God's help now help God in his righteous Judgement. U re a disgusting liar

God used men to execute the people of edom. ( 1 King 11:15,16) you need to ask for evidence before u conclude hastily. its silly

Do you think he was talking about the physical building undecided in your despiration to cover up your lies u have become an emissary of satan

lol, so which building ? spiritual building ?

dont make me laff out loud

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 3:17pm On May 22, 2016
[quote author=Jessicha post=45859044]

context is key , The context of Isaiah is not addressing the issue of whether Jehovah used someone else in creation or not.
u are playing the devil's advocate.is Jehovah lying or not when he said he created by himself yes or no.
The context was a comparison between the true Creator and false Gods. BDB lexicon on page 94 gives one definition of the Hebrew BAD (alone) as that of “acting independently
. The context " by myself means he acted directly without using any other this is in contrast to the belief of pagans who believed the almighty created the world through other deities”
In this sense Jehovah needed no assistance from the false Gods in the context to create. But Christ’s activity in creation is never described as acting independently.
the context is clear stop trying to bend it because you can't. U you are doing the exact same thing the devil did to eve but I am not eve. D world is watching you sad

Isaiah 63:3 and Ezekiel 36:36 are few instances

God used men to execute the people of edom. ( 1 King 11:15,16) you need to ask for evidence before u conclude hastily. its silly
isaiah 63:3 that verse is talking God as the only one who had been faithful in his act of Judgement. Tell me has israel been with God?
Check this Isaiah 63:19
We are thine: thou never barest rule over them: they were not called by thy name. Why did God never bear rule over them? BECAUSE THEY WERE NEVER FAITHFUL.

lol, so which building ? spiritual building ?

dont make me laff out loud
silly you. God saying he will rebuild the ruined places and plant that which was desolate is a figurative way of saying he is going to bring them back to their land. And that my friend was God's direct act with no human input. Read vs 24-30. undecided
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 3:37pm On May 22, 2016
solite3:
Isaiah 42:12 English standard version
12. I made the earth and created man on it, it was my hands that stretched out heavens, and I commanded their host.

]Isaiah 45:12. Amplified Bible
12. I made the earth and created man upon it.
My hands stretched out the heavens
And I commanded all their host.

Isaiah 44:24. New world translation (NWT)
This is what Jehovah has said, your Repurchaser and the former of you from the belly.
I, Jehovah, am doing everything, stretching out the heavens by myself, laying out the earth. Who was with me?

This verse alone completely destroys Watchtowers theology because it obliterates any notion that Jehovah used a junior partner in the act of creation. The rhetorical question" who was with me?" is "No one". This is what sets Jehovah apart

Isaiah 45:12. NWT
"I myself [ Jehovah] [/b]have made the earth and have created even man upon it. I, my own hands have stretched out the heavens, and all the army I have commanded"
Again, Jehovah emphasizes "I myself" used " my own hands". Jehovah was the lone craftsman.

Isaiah 48:13, NWT "Moreover, [b]My own hand laid the foundation of the earth, and my own right hand extended out the heavens.
I am calling to them, that they may keep standing together.

This verse not only indicates that Jehovah's " Own hand" created heaven and earth, but that Jehovah is sustaining his creation as well.
When one examines New Testament verse regarding Jesus, one can see that Jesus is also credited as creator and sustainer. For example

John 1:3 NWT " All things came into existence
[color=#770077]through him, and apart from him not even one thing came into existence
"

Col 1:16-17 NWT " ....because by means of him all [other] things were created in the heavens and upon the earth, the things visible and the things invisible, no matter whether they are thrones or lordship or government or authorities. All[ other] things and by means of him all [ other] things were made to exist.[/color]
Heb 1:2. NWT " God who long ago spoke on many occasions and in many ways to our forefathers by means of the prophets, has at these end of days spoken by means of a son whom he had appointed heir of all things, through whom he made the systems of things. He is the reflection of [ his] glory and the exact representation of his very being, and he sustains all things by the word of his power.

AS TRINITARIANS, WE DON' T DENY THAT THE FATHER MADE THE WORLD THROUGH THE SON. BUT WITH SCRIPTURE, WE AFFIRM THAT ONLY JEHOVAH CREATED.
THEREFORE, THE FATHER AND THE SON ARE BOTH JEHOVAH.

The Jw ought to give serious reflection as to what he called Jesus " THE EXACT REPRESENTATION OF [JEHOVAH'S] BEING.

Still load...ing
Dolphinsheart
Goodnews
Barrister
Jozzy
An any witness should respond to these post failure to do so will go a long way to show your bible twisting nature
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 4:20pm On May 22, 2016
JEHOVAH, JESUS AND THE ALMIGHTY GOD

WHO IS JEHOVAH ?
David tells us he is the God of isreal.
1 chr 17 :24: May your name endure and be exalted forever, so that people may say, ‘Jehovah of armies, the God of Israel, is God to Israel,’ and may the house of your servant David be firmly established before you.
* Jehovah is the God of the isrealites

In Psalms David also said he is the maker of the earth.
Ps 124:8O : ur help is in the name of Jehovah, The Maker of heaven and earth.”

He also said:
Ps 97:9: For you, O Jehovah, are the Most High over all the earth; You are exalted far above all other gods.
* Jehovah is the most high, pls notice these when we look at the most high and jesus

Isaiah said:
Isa 45:18 : For this is what Jehovah says, The Creator of the heavens, the true God, The One who formed the earth, its Maker who firmly established it, Who did not create it simply for nothing, but formed it to be inhabited: “I am Jehovah, and there is no one else.
* there are no two jehovahs, no two persons bearing the same name Jehovah, only one person bears that name!

Paul further said:
Ro 3:29: Or is he the God of the Jews only? Is he not also the God of people of the nations? Yes, also of people of the nations.

Jehovah himself said he does not change in mal 3:6
and he said in Exodus 6:3( and this time I used the kjv)
King James Version
And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.

* the name of the ALMIGHTY GOD IS JEHOVAH

Michai said:
1Ki 22:19: Mi·caiʹah then said: “Therefore, hear the word of Jehovah: I saw Jehovah sitting on his throne and all the army of the heavens standing by him, to his right and to his left.

examine this verse carefully
Ex 3:15Then God said once more to Moses: “This is what you are to say to the Israelites, ‘Jehovah the God of your forefathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you.’ This is my name forever, and this is how I am to be remembered from generation to generation.

* for those who propose that Jesus is Jehovah ask yourself this questions
1. did Jesus ever said he is Jehovah?
2. did the disciples ever call jesus jehovah?
3. When the angel came to Mary, was the name Jehovah part of the names he said Jesus will bear?
4. Jehovah said, this is my name forever, this is how I'm to be remembered, have your not thus changed what God wanted by calling him jesus ?

ex 6:6-8
“Therefore, say to the Israelites: ‘I am Jehovah, and I will bring you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians and rescue you from their slavery, and I will reclaim you with an outstretched arm and with great judgments.7And I will take you in as my people, and I will be your God, and you will certainly know that I am Jehovah your God who is bringing you out from under the burdens of Egypt.8And I will bring you into the land that I swore with an oath to give to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob; and I will give it to you as something to possess. I am Jehovah.’”

Ex 15:11Who among the gods is like you, O Jehovah? Who is like you, showing yourself mighty in holiness? The One to be feared with songs of praise, the One doing wonders.

The scriptures(below) indicated the Jehovah called himself the father of the isrealites and the isrealites called Jehovah their father.
jer 3:19, jer 31: 9, isa 63: 16, isa 64:8, Deut 32:6, 1 chr 29:10, mal 1: 6, mal 2:10.

There are thousands of scripture verses I could refer to but from the verses posted above, we have learned the following:

1. Jehovah is the almighty God, the name of the almighty God is Jehovah.
2. jehovah is the God of isreal
3. Jehovah is also the God of gentiles who accept him as their God.
4. Jehovah is the creature of the earth.
5. Jehovah is the most high God.
6. Jehovah is the father of the isrealites.
7. jehovah is the one who sits on the throne.

*pls note this facts about Jesus when comparing him to jesus

There are also Scriptural verses about Jehovah as the one sitted on the throne and residing in heaven, you can check it if you are interested.

Now that the scriptures had clarified some things about jehovah let us check what Jesus said about these things to know if Jesus is Jehovah or not.

1. DID JESUS EVER SAY GE IS ALMIGHTY GOD TO SIGNIFY THAT HE IS JEHOVAH?NO!
At no time did Jesus ever say that he is the almighty God, he had several times stated that he is the son of God, and his disciples repeated this truth.

[b]Kjv
Ps 45:7: Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

King James Version
Joh 10:36Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

Kjv
1 john 4:9,15-
In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.
15- Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.
* note: god did not send himself , he sent his only begotten Son

King James Version
Joh 5:19Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

King James Version
Joh 5:20For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.
* no one can show the almighty greater works

King James Version
Joh 5:26For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath HE GIVEN to the Son to have life in himself;

King James Version
Mr 5:7And cried with a loud voice, and said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of the most high God? I adjure thee by God, that thou torment me not.

King James Version
Mt 16:16And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

King James Version
Ac 13:33God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.

King James Version
Joh 20:17Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.
*the almighty does not have a God that he calls " my God"[/b]

2 DID JESUS EVER STATE THAT HE IS THE GOD OF ISREAL OR OF GENTILES? NO!

[b]kjv
Joh 5:36: But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me .
*God sent Jesus, the father sent Jesus, the father is God and not Jesus

kjv
Ac 17:30,31 : And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:
Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness BY THAT MAN WHO HE HATH ORDAINED; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that HE HATH RAISED HIM FROM THE DEAD
* the person who raised and the person who was raised are not the same person, therefore the God mentioned in these verse and Jesus are not the same!

Ac 2:22: “Men of Israel, hear these words: Jesus the Naz·a·reneʹ was a man publicly shown to you by God through powerful works and wonders and signs that God did through him in your midst, just as you yourselves know.
*The person that did things and the person through whom things are done are not the same person[/b]

4. DID JESUS OR THE SCRIPTURES EVER CALL JESUS THE MOST HIGH, HIGHEST OR MOST HIGH GOD? NO!
Not only did the the scriptures not call jesus the most high god, it went further to tell us many times that jesus has a God, therefore he can't be the most high God !

[b]Joh 20:17.(quoted earlier)

2Co 1:3: Praised be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of tender mercies and the God of all comfort,

* who is the father of tender mercies?
Ex 34:6Jehovah was passing before him and declaring: “Jehovah, Jehovah, a God merciful and compassionate, slow to anger and abundant in loyal love and truth,
Ps 86:5For you, O Jehovah, are good and ready to forgive; You abound in loyal love for all those who call on you.
Mic 7:18Who is a God like you, Pardoning error and passing over the transgression of the remnant of his inheritance? He will not hold onto his anger forever, For he delights in loyal love.

RoM 15:6: so that unitedly you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Kjv
2Co 11:31: The God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which is blessed for evermore, knoweth that I lie not.

Kjv
Eph 1:3: Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

Kjv
Eph 1:17: That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:

Kjv
1Pe 1:3: Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

kjv
Mr 5:7sadquoted earlier)

kjv
Lu 1:32: He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
*jesus is not the Lord God![/b]

JESUS AND THE MOST HIGH

Ps 110:1Jehovah declared to my Lord: “Sit at my right hand Until I place your enemies as a stool for your feet.”

compare that verse with the apostles statement:
[b]King James Version
Mt 22:44The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool?
acts 2: 32-34
This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.
34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
* the LORD is jehovah(name deliberately removed to cause confusion),the other Lord is jesus , a different person from jehovah, sitting at the right hand of Jehovah, by jehovahs command!

acts 7:55,56 kjv
But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus STANDING ON THE RIGHT HAND of God,
56 And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.

King James Version
Heb 8:1Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the MAJESTY in the heavens;

King James Version
Heb 1:3Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, SAT DOWN ON THE RIGHT HAND OF THE MAJESTY ON HIGH[/b]

*Jesus is not the most high
jesus is not the Majesty who he sat at his right hand.

5 DID JESUS CALL HIMSELF THE FATHER OF THE ISREALITES? NO!

[b]kjv
Joh 20:17
Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

Joh 5:19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

6 DID JESUS CALL HIMSELF THE ONLY TRUE GOD ? NO!
on the contrary he called the father the only true God, as Jesus is not the same person as the father, therefore Jesus is not the only true God.

kjv
Joh 17:1 to 3: These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:
As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.
And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

7.DID THE SCRIPTURES INDICATE THAT JESUS IS JEHOVAH? NO!

[b]Mic 5: 4
He will stand up and shepherd in the strength of Jehovah, In the superiority of the name of Jehovah his God. And they will dwell in security, For now his greatness will reach the ends of the earth.

8. WAS JESUS SENT BY GOD? yes, God did not send himself!
kjv
Joh 3:2,16,17, 32: The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him.

9. IS JESUS THE ONE SITTING ON THE THRONE?NO!
kjv
Heb 8:1: Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens;

Jehovah is the one who sits on the throne!

brocab and solite3 I've used the scriptures to show you that
1. Jesus is not the God of isreal, therefore Jesus is not Jehovah
2. Jesus is not the almighty God, therefore he is not Jehovah
3. Jesus has a God, therefore he is not the almighty God.
4. Jesus is the son of God , therefore he is not the father, he is not the father of the isrealites , therefore he is not Jehovah.
5. Jesus and the scriptures acknowledge the father to be superior to him, therefore Jesus is not the almighty God and so Jesus is not Jehovah.
6. prophecies that the name Jehovah was mentioned indicated that he is not sending himself as Messiah but sending someone else, showing that the messenger, Jesus is not jehovah
7. Jesus at no point ever said he is God Almighty.

I'll end it with this scripture:
For “God has put all things in subjection under his feet.” But when it says, “all things are put in subjection,” it is plain that he is excepted who put all things in subjection under him. When all things are subjected to him, then the Son himself will also be subjected to him who put all things in subjection under him, that God may be all in all.

cc. jessicha, goodnews201668, jozzy4, barrister07.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Jessicha(f): 5:31pm On May 22, 2016
[quote author=solite3 post=45864788][/quote]
go arrange ur post so I can quote it ! grin

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Jessicha(f): 5:35pm On May 22, 2016
dolphinheart:
JEHOVAH, JESUS AND THE ALMIGHTY GOD

WHO IS JEHOVAH ?
David tells us he is the God of isreal.
1 chr 17 :24: May your name endure and be exalted forever, so that people may say, ‘Jehovah of armies, the God of Israel, is God to Israel,’ and may the house of your servant David be firmly established before you.
* Jehovah is the God of the isrealites

In Psalms David also said he is the maker of the earth.
Ps 124:8O : ur help is in the name of Jehovah, The Maker of heaven and earth.”

He also said:
Ps 97:9: For you, O Jehovah, are the Most High over all the earth; You are exalted far above all other gods.
* Jehovah is the most high, pls notice these when we look at the most high and jesus

Isaiah said:
Isa 45:18 : For this is what Jehovah says, The Creator of the heavens, the true God, The One who formed the earth, its Maker who firmly established it, Who did not create it simply for nothing, but formed it to be inhabited: “I am Jehovah, and there is no one else.
* there are no two jehovahs, no two persons bearing the same name Jehovah, only one person bears that name!

Paul further said:
Ro 3:29: Or is he the God of the Jews only? Is he not also the God of people of the nations? Yes, also of people of the nations.

Jehovah himself said he does not change in mal 3:6
and he said in Exodus 6:3( and this time I used the kjv)
King James Version
And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.

* the name of the ALMIGHTY GOD IS JEHOVAH

Michai said:
1Ki 22:19: Mi·caiʹah then said: “Therefore, hear the word of Jehovah: I saw Jehovah sitting on his throne and all the army of the heavens standing by him, to his right and to his left.

examine this verse carefully
Ex 3:15Then God said once more to Moses: “This is what you are to say to the Israelites, ‘Jehovah the God of your forefathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you.’ This is my name forever, and this is how I am to be remembered from generation to generation.

* for those who propose that Jesus is Jehovah ask yourself this questions
1. did Jesus ever said he is Jehovah?
2. did the disciples ever call jesus jehovah?
3. When the angel came to Mary, was the name Jehovah part of the names he said Jesus will bear?
4. Jehovah said, this is my name forever, this is how I'm to be remembered, have your not thus changed what God wanted by calling him jesus ?

ex 6:6-8
“Therefore, say to the Israelites: ‘I am Jehovah, and I will bring you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians and rescue you from their slavery, and I will reclaim you with an outstretched arm and with great judgments.7And I will take you in as my people, and I will be your God, and you will certainly know that I am Jehovah your God who is bringing you out from under the burdens of Egypt.8And I will bring you into the land that I swore with an oath to give to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob; and I will give it to you as something to possess. I am Jehovah.’”

Ex 15:11Who among the gods is like you, O Jehovah? Who is like you, showing yourself mighty in holiness? The One to be feared with songs of praise, the One doing wonders.

The scriptures(below) indicated the Jehovah called himself the father of the isrealites and the isrealites called Jehovah their father.
jer 3:19, jer 31: 9, isa 63: 16, isa 64:8, Deut 32:6, 1 chr 29:10, mal 1: 6, mal 2:10.

There are thousands of scripture verses I could refer to but from the verses posted above, we have learned the following:

1. Jehovah is the almighty God, the name of the almighty God is Jehovah.
2. jehovah is the God of isreal
3. Jehovah is also the God of gentiles who accept him as their God.
4. Jehovah is the creature of the earth.
5. Jehovah is the most high God.
6. Jehovah is the father of the isrealites.
7. jehovah is the one who sits on the throne.

*pls note this facts about Jesus when comparing him to jesus

There are also Scriptural verses about Jehovah as the one sitted on the throne and residing in heaven, you can check it if you are interested.

Now that the scriptures had clarified some things about jehovah let us check what Jesus said about these things to know if Jesus is Jehovah or not.

1. DID JESUS EVER SAY GE IS ALMIGHTY GOD TO SIGNIFY THAT HE IS JEHOVAH?NO!
At no time did Jesus ever say that he is the almighty God, he had several times stated that he is the son of God, and his disciples repeated this truth.

[b]Kjv
Ps 45:7: Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

King James Version
Joh 10:36Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

Kjv
1 john 4:9,15-
In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.
15- Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.
* note: god did not send himself , he sent his only begotten Son

King James Version
Joh 5:19Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

King James Version
Joh 5:20For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.
* no one can show the almighty greater works

King James Version
Joh 5:26For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath HE GIVEN to the Son to have life in himself;

King James Version
Mr 5:7And cried with a loud voice, and said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of the most high God? I adjure thee by God, that thou torment me not.

King James Version
Mt 16:16And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

King James Version
Ac 13:33God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.

King James Version
Joh 20:17Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.
*the almighty does not have a God that he calls " my God"[/b]

2 DID JESUS EVER STATE THAT HE IS THE GOD OF ISREAL OR OF GENTILES? NO!

[b]kjv
Joh 5:36: But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me .
*God sent Jesus, the father sent Jesus, the father is God and not Jesus

kjv
Ac 17:30,31 : And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:
Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness BY THAT MAN WHO HE HATH ORDAINED; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that HE HATH RAISED HIM FROM THE DEAD
* the person who raised and the person who was raised are not the same person, therefore the God mentioned in these verse and Jesus are not the same!

Ac 2:22: “Men of Israel, hear these words: Jesus the Naz·a·reneʹ was a man publicly shown to you by God through powerful works and wonders and signs that God did through him in your midst, just as you yourselves know.
*The person that did things and the person through whom things are done are not the same person[/b]

4. DID JESUS OR THE SCRIPTURES EVER CALL JESUS THE MOST HIGH, HIGHEST OR MOST HIGH GOD? NO!
Not only did the the scriptures not call jesus the most high god, it went further to tell us many times that jesus has a God, therefore he can't be the most high God !

[b]Joh 20:17.(quoted earlier)

2Co 1:3: Praised be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of tender mercies and the God of all comfort,

* who is the father of tender mercies?
Ex 34:6Jehovah was passing before him and declaring: “Jehovah, Jehovah, a God merciful and compassionate, slow to anger and abundant in loyal love and truth,
Ps 86:5For you, O Jehovah, are good and ready to forgive; You abound in loyal love for all those who call on you.
Mic 7:18Who is a God like you, Pardoning error and passing over the transgression of the remnant of his inheritance? He will not hold onto his anger forever, For he delights in loyal love.

RoM 15:6: so that unitedly you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Kjv
2Co 11:31: The God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which is blessed for evermore, knoweth that I lie not.

Kjv
Eph 1:3: Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

Kjv
Eph 1:17: That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:

Kjv
1Pe 1:3: Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

kjv
Mr 5:7sadquoted earlier)

kjv
Lu 1:32: He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
*jesus is not the Lord God![/b]

JESUS AND THE MOST HIGH

Ps 110:1Jehovah declared to my Lord: “Sit at my right hand Until I place your enemies as a stool for your feet.”

compare that verse with the apostles statement:
[b]King James Version
Mt 22:44The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool?
acts 2: 32-34
This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.
34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
* the LORD is jehovah(name deliberately removed to cause confusion),the other Lord is jesus , a different person from jehovah, sitting at the right hand of Jehovah, by jehovahs command!

acts 7:55,56 kjv
But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus STANDING ON THE RIGHT HAND of God,
56 And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.

King James Version
Heb 8:1Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the MAJESTY in the heavens;

King James Version
Heb 1:3Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, SAT DOWN ON THE RIGHT HAND OF THE MAJESTY ON HIGH[/b]

*Jesus is not the most high
jesus is not the Majesty who he sat at his right hand.

5 DID JESUS CALL HIMSELF THE FATHER OF THE ISREALITES? NO!

[b]kjv
Joh 20:17
Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

Joh 5:19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

6 DID JESUS CALL HIMSELF THE ONLY TRUE GOD ? NO!
on the contrary he called the father the only true God, as Jesus is not the same person as the father, therefore Jesus is not the only true God.

kjv
Joh 17:1 to 3: These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:
As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.
And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

7.DID THE SCRIPTURES INDICATE THAT JESUS IS JEHOVAH? NO!

[b]Mic 5: 4
He will stand up and shepherd in the strength of Jehovah, In the superiority of the name of Jehovah his God. And they will dwell in security, For now his greatness will reach the ends of the earth.

8. WAS JESUS SENT BY GOD? yes, God did not send himself!
kjv
Joh 3:2,16,17, 32: The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him.

9. IS JESUS THE ONE SITTING ON THE THRONE?NO!
kjv
Heb 8:1: Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens;

Jehovah is the one who sits on the throne!

brocab and solite3 I've used the scriptures to show you that
1. Jesus is not the God of isreal, therefore Jesus is not Jehovah
2. Jesus is not the almighty God, therefore he is not Jehovah
3. Jesus has a God, therefore he is not the almighty God.
4. Jesus is the son of God , therefore he is not the father, he is not the father of the isrealites , therefore he is not Jehovah.
5. Jesus and the scriptures acknowledge the father to be superior to him, therefore Jesus is not the almighty God and so Jesus is not Jehovah.
6. prophecies that the name Jehovah was mentioned indicated that he is not sending himself as Messiah but sending someone else, showing that the messenger, Jesus is not jehovah
7. Jesus at no point ever said he is God Almighty.

I'll end it with this scripture:
For “God has put all things in subjection under his feet.” But when it says, “all things are put in subjection,” it is uiu

plain that he is excepted who put all things in subjection under him. When all things are subjected to him, then the Son himself will also be subjected to him who put all things in subjection under him, that God may be all in all.

cc. jessicha, goodnews201668, jozzy4, barrister07.

nice one bro, Jesus is not the God of isreal, Jehovah is.

Jesus have a God , a bitter truth for solite3 to admit.

the funniest part was when he said the Father and the Son are Jehovah. yet Jehovah said " myself" , how can two persons be addressed as MYSELF ? solite3 u really disgraced ur English teacher

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by goodnews201668: 5:43pm On May 22, 2016
Jessicha:

the funniest part was when he said the Father and the Son are Jehovah. yet Jehovah said " myself" , how can two persons be addressed as MYSELF ? solite3 u really disgraced ur English teacher

I tire for solite mix ups, all in the name of Trinity
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Jessicha(f): 5:50pm On May 22, 2016
goodnews201668:

as in ehn, there was this post of Jozzy4 he couldnt reply , he said Jesus is still a man in heaven . and joz asked : did he mean Jesus still have intestines, lung, pancreas , blood, liver, tongue , e.t c just imagine! that means Jesua still sleeps, have weaknesses, still get tired , have an anus and still visit the toilet .

irrationality at its worst.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Jessicha(f): 5:51pm On May 22, 2016
goodnews201668:

as in ehn, there was this post of Jozzy4 he couldnt reply , he said Jesus is still a man in heaven . and joz asked : did he mean Jesus still have intestines, lung, pancreas , blood, liver, tongue , e.t c just imagine! that means Jesus still sleeps, have weaknesses, still get tired , have an anus and still visit the toilet .

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 9:20pm On May 22, 2016
Continuation
It is particularly interesting to compare Isaiah 45:12( which is a quote from Jehovah) with heb 1:10 (in which the father is speaking about the son)
Isaiah 45:12 NWT " I MYSELF [/b]have made the earth and have created even man upon it, [b] I MY OWN HANDS have stretched out the heavens, and all the army of them I have commanded"
Heb 1:10 NWT " And You at [ the] beginning, O lord, laid the foundations of the earth itself, and the heavens are [the] works of your hands".

The same language is used of the Father and the son. Creation is a the work of both hands both have stretched out the heavens, and both sustains all things. But if only Jehovah's hands created, and the Father and the Son's hands created is not the only logical conclusion that both the Father and the son are Jehovah?

By now the dilemma should be clear.
If Jehovah created everything by himself, how is it possible that he did so through a separate being?

The force of the argument is that watch tower is forced to admit that Jesus created and sustains everything. If Jehovah alone created and sustains everything, and Jesus created and sustains all things, then Jesus must be of same nature as Jehovah. tongue

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 12:37am On May 23, 2016
The word said it like this>{John 1:1} In the beginning {Before all time} was the word {Christ} And the word was with God, and the word was God Himself.
{Isaiah 45:5} I Am the LORD' and their is none else, their is no God beside Me.
So I am not expecting any of you JW's believe in any of these scriptures, But at least before you judge solite3, read what the scriptures had said for yourself "Who is the Lord God?
{John 6:58} Jesus also said "before Abraham was born I Am.
{Luke 4:8} Jesus answered and said unto him get behind Me Satan, for it is written, you shall worship the Lord your God and Him only you shall serve.
Lets back this scripture up with>{Deuteronomy 13:6} You shall walk after the Lord your God and keep His commandments AND OBEY HIS VOICE and you shall serve HIM and hold fast to Him.
God is a jealous God..
In the beginning the scriptures made It clear that Jesus has the same authority as God, both worshipped by men, the scriptures tells us only One God' is worshipped and served, you shall worship the Lord your God and in HIM ONLY YOU SHALL SERVE.
But the JW's believe Jesus is a God, and not the God. So which One in the scriptures does it say who's worshipped?
{Matthew 2:2} Where is He who is the King of the Jews? For we have seen His star in the east and come to worship Him.
The same word used for worshipping God is the same word for Jesus to be worshipped. So if Jesus is not being worshipped neither is the Father. God is Spirit.
{Matthew 6:24} No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other.
{Revelation 4:10-11} The 24 elders, fell down before Him who sits on the throne, and worshipped Him who lives for ever and ever, saying you are worthy "O Lord" to receive glory honour and power, for you created all things, and by your will, they exist and were created.
{Colossians 1:15-17} Where all things were created through Him, and for Him and consist in Him.
Jesus lives forever? He is the One who is called the first and the last.
{Revelation 1:18} I AM HE WHO LIVES, AND WAS DEAD, AND BEHOLD I AM ALIVE FOR EVER MORE. AMEN.
Note: Jesus said get behind Me Satan, you shall worship the lord your God and HIM ONLY YOU SHALL SERVE. How many God's did Jesus say
If Jesus is not God, then He would not except worship, nor would the bible allow this to be insinuated. If He is not God, neither can He be our savour.
{Psalm 68:20} Our God is a God who saves. That He is' our God is the God of salvation.
Jessicha:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 4:06am On May 23, 2016
Barristter07:

johnw74

[size=28] None of Jesus disciple told him that !!! u are a plain liar [/size]

just imagine , you share a false information about Christ disciple from ur memory . grin grin grin

There is false jw's true colors, they appear as lambs at your front door
but you see the true them at these anonymous forums

Mat_7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Jesus is speaking off false jw there, and others, we know false jw to be false prophets as Jesus said
a lot of their false prophecies have been posted

Barristter07:

BUSTED! then wat do u mean by search for it in Translations ? kindly lie again that what u mean by translations is not bible hahahaha

BUSTED !

from where do you told Barrister to look for it ?

I adressed your concerns in my post, if you had eyes to see truth

false jw trying to trap a Christian in his words
is like their pharisee forefathers trying to trap Jesus in His words.

Trying to make a Christian out to have told a lie, is to try to make themselves look better because of their multitude of lies, but Christians don't lie as they do

Joh_8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

johnw74:

ha ha, every word I said is true, and look how pharacee jw tries to trap me in my words
like their forefathers tried to trap Jesus

Matthew 22:15 Then the Pharisees went out and laid plans to trap him in his words

Luke 11:53 When Jesus went outside, the Pharisees and the teachers of the law began to oppose him fiercely and to besiege him with questions,
54 waiting to catch him in something he might say.

Mark 12:15 Should we pay or shouldn’t we?” But Jesus knew their hypocrisy. “Why are you trying to trap me?” he asked. “Bring me a denarius and let me look at it.”

I said from my memory "look out Jesus, said a disciple, they are trying to trap you"

I never said it's from the bible although at the time I thought it would have been

barristter jumped in with provide the scripture
I told him he could look for it

I remembered later that I saw and heard it in one of the Jesus movies,
no lie said by me at all
but plenty of false jw lies have been exposed in this thread alone

ha ha they tried so hard to trap me in my words, and look at the many many false jw lies that have been exposed
just in these few pages

cheesy they are a queer lot

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 4:49am On May 23, 2016
Don't you just love the word of God? And how the truth will set you free.
But you may not even scroll down to even read this page, the first line of course has got your attention, and then your evil thoughts will have it over you, knowing these words came from the word of God Himself, and sadly I brocab had decided to pass on this message to you.

The bible is clear that Jesus 's body was resurrected. The tomb was empty. He was recognizable to those who knew Him, Jesus showed Himself to all of His disciples after His resurrection, and more than 500 people were eye witnesses to His earthly post-resurrection presence
{1 Corinthians 15:4-6} In {Luke 24:16} on the road to Emmaus, two of Jesus's disciples "were kept from recognizing {Jesus} However later their eye's were opened and they recognized Him. {V 31} It's not that Jesus was unrecognisable, it's that for a time the disciples were supernaturally retained from recognizing Him.
later in the same chapter of {Luke} Jesus makes it plain to His disciples that He does have a physical body, He is not a disembodied spirit: See My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself, Touch Me and see. For a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have {Luke 24:39}
After spending 40 day's with His disciples, Jesus ascended Bodily into heaven {Acts 1:9} Jesus is still human, and He has a human body in heaven right now.
His body is different, However, earthly human flesh is perishable, but heavenly bodies are imperishable {1 Corinthians 15:50}
Jesus has a physical body, with a difference. His resurrection body is designed with eternity in view.
{1 Corinthians 15:39-49} Describes what the body of the believer will be like in heaven. Our heavenly bodies will differ from our earthly ones in type of flesh, in splendour, in power, and in longevity. The apostle Paul also states, that the believers body will be an image of Christ's body {V 49} Paul discusses this subject again in {2 Corinthians } where he compares earthly bodies to tents and heavenly bodies to heavenly dwellings. {2 Corinthians 5:1-2} Paul says that once the earthly tent comes off, Christians will not be left naked-that is without a body to live in {2 Corinthians 5:3} When the new body is "put on" we will go from mortality to immortality {2 Corinthians 5:4}
So we will know that Christians will have a heavenly body, like Jesus "glorious body". {Philippians 3:21} At His incarnation Jesus took on human flesh, and at His resurrection His body was glorified-although He retained Himself the scars {John 20:27} He will forever be the God-man, sacrificed for us. Christ the creator of the universe, will forever stoop to our level, and He will be known to us in heaven in a tangible form that we can see, hear and touch {Revelation 21:3-4, 22:4}
Jessicha:

as in ehn, there was this post of Jozzy4 he couldnt reply , he said Jesus is still a man in heaven . and joz asked : did he mean Jesus still have intestines, lung, pancreas , blood, liver, tongue , e.t c just imagine! that means Jesus still sleeps, have weaknesses, still get tired , have an anus and still visit the toilet .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Jessicha(f): 8:30am On May 23, 2016
brocab:
Don't you just love the word of God? And how the truth will set you free.
But you may not even scroll down to even read this page, the first line of course has got your attention, and then your evil thoughts will have it over you, knowing these words came from the word of God Himself, and sadly I brocab had decided to pass on this message to you.

The bible is clear that Jesus 's body was resurrected. The tomb was empty. He was recognizable to those who knew Him, Jesus showed Himself to all of His disciples after His resurrection, and more than 500 people were eye witnesses to His earthly post-resurrection presence
{1 Corinthians 15:4-6} In {Luke 24:16} on the road to Emmaus, two of Jesus's disciples "were kept from recognizing {Jesus} However later their eye's were opened and they recognized Him. {V 31} It's not that Jesus was unrecognisable, it's that for a time the disciples were supernaturally retained from recognizing Him.
later in the same chapter of {Luke} Jesus makes it plain to His disciples that He does have a physical body, He is not a disembodied spirit: See My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself, Touch Me and see. For a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have {Luke 24:39}
After spending 40 day's with His disciples, Jesus ascended Bodily into heaven {Acts 1:9} Jesus is still human, and He has a human body in heaven right now.
His body is different, [size=25] However, earthly human flesh is perishable, but heavenly bodies are imperishable [/size] {1 Corinthians 15:50}
Jesus has a physical body, with a difference. His resurrection body is designed with eternity in view.
{1 Corinthians 15:39-49} Describes what the body of the believer will be like in heaven. Our heavenly bodies will differ from our earthly ones in type of flesh, in splendour, in power, and in longevity. The apostle Paul also states, that the believers body will be an image of Christ's body {V 49} Paul discusses this subject again in {2 Corinthians } where he compares earthly bodies to tents and heavenly bodies to heavenly dwellings. {2 Corinthians 5:1-2} Paul says that once the earthly tent comes off, Christians will not be left naked-that is without a body to live in {2 Corinthians 5:3} When the new body is "put on" we will go from mortality to immortality {2 Corinthians 5:4}
So we will know that Christians will have a heavenly body, like Jesus "glorious body". {Philippians 3:21} At His incarnation Jesus took on human flesh, and at His resurrection His body was glorified-although He retained Himself the scars {John 20:27} He will forever be the God-man, sacrificed for us. Christ the creator of the universe, will forever stoop to our level, and He will be known to us in heaven in a tangible form that we can see, hear and touch {Revelation 21:3-4, 22:4}

see how you are somersaulting , ...

which did Jesus have , heavenly body (spirit, spiritual body ) or earthly body ( physical body) ?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Jessicha(f): 8:31am On May 23, 2016
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Jessicha(f): 8:43am On May 23, 2016
brocab:
The word said it like this>{John 1:1} In the beginning {Before all time} was the word {Christ} And the word was with God, and the word was God Himself.
{Isaiah 45:5} I Am the LORD' and their is none else, their is no God beside Me.
So I am not expecting any of you JW's believe in any of these scriptures, But at least before you judge solite3, read what the scriptures had said for yourself "Who is the Lord God?
{John 6:58} Jesus also said "before Abraham was born I Am.
{Luke 4:8} Jesus answered and said unto him get behind Me Satan, for it is written, you shall worship the Lord your God and Him only you shall serve.
Lets back this scripture up with>{Deuteronomy 13:6} You shall walk after the Lord your God and keep His commandments AND OBEY HIS VOICE and you shall serve HIM and hold fast to Him.
God is a jealous God..
In the beginning the scriptures made It clear that Jesus has the same authority as God, both worshipped by men, the scriptures tells us only One God' is worshipped and served, you shall worship the Lord your God and in HIM ONLY YOU SHALL SERVE.
But the JW's believe Jesus is a God, and not the God. So which One in the scriptures does it say who's worshipped?
{Matthew 2:2} Where is He who is the King of the Jews? For we have seen His star in the east and come to worship Him.
The same word used for worshipping God is the same word for Jesus to be worshipped. So if Jesus is not being worshipped neither is the Father. God is Spirit.
{Matthew 6:24} No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other.
{Revelation 4:10-11} The 24 elders, fell down before Him who sits on the throne, and worshipped Him who lives for ever and ever, saying you are worthy "O Lord" to receive glory honour and power, for you created all things, and by your will, they exist and were created.
{Colossians 1:15-17} Where all things were created through Him, and for Him and consist in Him.
Jesus lives forever? He is the One who is called the first and the last.
{Revelation 1:18} I AM HE WHO LIVES, AND WAS DEAD, AND BEHOLD I AM ALIVE FOR EVER MORE. AMEN.
Note: Jesus said get behind Me Satan, you shall worship the lord your God and HIM ONLY YOU SHALL SERVE. How many God's did Jesus say
If Jesus is not God, then He would not except worship, nor would the bible allow this to be insinuated. If He is not God, neither can He be our savour.
{Psalm 68:20} Our God is a God who saves. That He is' our God is the God of salvation.

then, who is the God OF our Lord Jesus Christ ? Eph 1:17
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 10:24am On May 23, 2016
Jessicha:

yep, my posts are not primarily for them, it's certain that in cases in which they are shown truth or asked certain thought provoking questions about the bible, they suddenly find reasons not to answer. my posts are primarily for the sincere , truth seeking ones out of the about 71,000 peeps reading this thread.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 11:14am On May 23, 2016
ALPHA AND OMEGA.
Jehovah witnesses have tried so hard to see how they can remove this title from Christ but it always backfires.
How do we know that this title and rev1:8 refers to Christ?
Readers of revelations 1,2,3 should ask who is sending a message to the churches the Father or Jesus Christ?Rev 2:1,8,12,18 rev 3:1,7,14,
Revelations 1:10-17
10. I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet
11.Saying, I[b] am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last[/b]: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia and unto laodicea.
Do note that the voice identified himself by these
1. Alpha and Omega( The beginning and the Ending)
2 The first and The last
3. He that liveth, and was dead; And alive forever
4. He that have the keys of hell and of death

12. And I turned to see the voice that spake with me, And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks
;
13. And in the midst of the seven candlesticks; one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle
Now John turned to see the voice
The term son of man is normally attributed to who? Jesus or the father
14. His head and his hairs were white as wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire.
These are the exact way Daniel described the being he saw in Daniel 10:9 and the Ancient of days in Daniel 7:9.
15. And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.
The voice as the sound of many waters is described as the voice of the Almighty. See Ezekiel 1:24
16. And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.
This is interesting, as John still described him as he who has the two edged sword in his mouth. See rev 19: 15.
Vs17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last.
This is a title used for God which the voice used for himself again. See isaiah 44:6
From this we can affirm that the person talking and been described is Jesus Our Lord and revelation1:8 refers to him since he was the one speaking to the church. ( God gave to Jesus what will happen in the future to Jesus in other to shew to his servants). In fact Jesus was the one speaking.

What about the angel?
The angel was sent by Jesus to testify by revealing this message to John ad it unfolds. Please take note that apart from the message to the church there were others John received in heaven itself.
Since Jesus described himself as the the Almighty, Alpha and omega,the first and the last. The Jesus himself must be God.
So the saying that at times the father speaks to john at other times it is Jesus is baseless.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Jessicha(f): 11:18am On May 23, 2016
dolphinheart:

yep, my posts are not primarily for them, it's certain that in cases in which they are shown truth or asked certain thought provoking questions about the bible, they suddenly find reasons not to answer. my posts are primarily for the sincere , truth seeking ones out of the about 71,000 peeps reading this thread.

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Jessicha(f): 11:21am On May 23, 2016
solite3:
ALPHA AND OMEGA.
Jehovah witnesses have tried so hard to see how they can remove this title from Christ but it always backfires.
How do we know that this title and rev1:8 refers to Christ?
Readers of revelations 1,2,3 should ask who is sending a message to the churches the Father or Jesus Christ?Rev 2:1,8,12,18 rev 3:1,7,14,
Revelations 1:10-17
10. I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet
11.Saying, I[b] am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last[/b]: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia and unto laodicea.
Do note that the voice identified himself by these
1. Alpha and Omega( The beginning and the Ending)
2 The first and The last
3. He that liveth, and was dead; And alive forever
4. He that have the keys of hell and of death

12. And I turned to see the voice that spake with me, And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks
;
13. And in the midst of the seven candlesticks; one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle
Now John turned to see the voice
The term son of man is normally attributed to who? Jesus or the father
14. His head and his hairs were white as wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire.
These are the exact way Daniel described the being he saw in Daniel 10:9 and the Ancient of days in Daniel 7:9.
15. And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.
The voice as the sound of many waters is described as the voice of the Almighty. See Ezekiel 1:24
16. And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.
This is interesting, as John still described him as he who has the two edged sword in his mouth. See rev 19: 15.
Vs17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last.
This is a title used for God which the voice used for himself again. See isaiah 44:6
From this we can affirm that the person talking and been described is Jesus Our Lord and revelation1:8 refers to him since he was the one speaking to the church. ( God gave to Jesus what will happen in the future to Jesus in other to shew to his servants). In fact Jesus was the one speaking.

What about the angel?
The angel was sent by Jesus to testify by revealing this message to John ad it unfolds. Please take note that apart from the message to the church there were others John received in heaven itself.
Since Jesus described himself as the the Almighty, Alpha and omega,the first and the last. The Jesus himself must be God.
So the saying at times the father speaks to john at other times it is Jesus is baseless.
the scripture tells you many times that Jesus have a God he worships , that is enough to help ur confusion.

, can the Almighty have a God ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (278) (Reply)

Sincere Milk — "Help From Above" / Nairaland Bible Quiz-you can join anytime... / Dreams And Their Meanings/ Interpretation

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 286
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.