Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them - Religion (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them (372798 Views)

Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There / Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (278) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 2:04pm On May 25, 2016
dolphinheart:

sir , I do not think you understood the Web page you quoted, it is not defending the inclusion of "Alpha and omega" in rev 1:11, but it's defending the Textus Receptus in general as a text to be considered during translations. The defense only claimed that other manuscripts and texts where flawed , bu that does not clear it of its own flaws.
look at what your post said after truing to identify the differences

you can see that I coloured some part of your post, this is done for easy Identification

(1){coloured blue}
your quotes say that the Textus Receptus departed from other sources of the Greek New Testament, and in this case from earlier manuscripts that had the book of revelevation in them.
your quote says "The following are examples of the more notable divergent readings with their earliest authorities:"
It listed rev 1:11(number (2){coloured red}) as one one them, this shows that the verse in the Textus Receptus and in the kjv does not come from the Earlier manuscripts.
THE BIG QUESTIONS TO YOU SOLITE3 IS: where did the Textus Receptus get "Alpha and omega it included in rev 1:11 from if it can't be found in the earlier manuscripts that had rev 1:11 in them?

(3){coloured green}
your quotes states that there are several categories of these instances when the Textus Receptus departs from the Nestle-Aland and Byzantine Majority texts, and it categorised these instances.
pls solite3 , which of this categories does this departure from other manuscripts by the Textus Receptus on rev 1:11 fall into?
pls show us you have done some research and not just posting a Web page you think surpports your cause. tell us which of these categories the Textus Receptus used as a reason for departing.

NONE OF THE DEFENSE OF THE TEXTUS RECEPTUS POSTULATED BY THE AUTHOR TOUCHES OR MENTIONS THE REASONS WHY " ALPHA AND OMEGA IS ADDED OR FOUND IN THE TEXTUS RECEPTUS.

NO WONDER MOST SCHOLARS SAY THE WORDS FOUND IN THAT VERSE BY THE KJV IS SPURIOS!

excerpts from this website: www.solagroup.org/articles/faqs/faq_0032.html

Erasmus himself had to admit that the work was "precipitously edited." Another person has called it the most faulty book ever published due to the proofing errors.

Despite its errors, the book became a best seller and the first printing was soon exhausted. In the second edition, which was published in 1519, Erasmus attempted to correct many of the printing errors but, unfortunately, there were nearly as many as the first edition.........

Erasmus published two other editions, in 1527 and 1535. Stung by criticism that his work contained numerous textual errors, he incorporated readings from the Greek New Testament published in Spain in later editions of his work..........

The Textus Receptus became the dominant Greek text of the New Testament for the following two hundred and fifty years. It was not until the publication of the Westcott and Hort Greek New Testament in 1881 that the Textus Receptus lost its position.
We do not have space to trace the entire history of the Textus Receptus. It received criticism from the time of its first printing. With the discovery of older manuscripts, considered superior to the manuscripts of the Textus Receptus, the Textus Receptus no longer holds the first place in the estimation of most Greek scholars.

Regardless of the position one holds regarding its relative value, the following points are worthy of consideration.
First, the differences between the two text traditions do not affect a major doctrine of the New Testament. One of the characteristics of the Textus Receptus is that it tended to add words that many people considered to be notes or glosses made by scribes. Over a period of time, these glosses became part of the text. Later editions of the Greek New Testament, including the Westcott and Hort Greek New Testament, have shown that many of these were not part of the original text...........

Note: sorry I had to cut part of your post off. But if there are issues with it, one can easily make reference to your original post.
first of all I am not sure you understood what the post was all about.
Let me give you a brief explanation while you go back and read.
The book of revelation is the most difficult text to translate. Why?
I. There are only few manuscript available
ii. Most of these manuscript are incomplete
iii. the late canonisation of revelation may be due to it's early corruption
iv. The church fathers may have possess the authentic one which was also used by the textus receptus
v.the so called early manuscripts have been proven to have variants.
vi. Modern translations just follow this so called early manuscript only because they are "early" not mining if it was inspired or not
vii. There is high probability that these early manuscripts were not genuine but these modern translations rush to use them because they want to be different from the KJV and because they want to make money
Let me stop here
KJV still remains the best translation quote me any where
As for your allegations, they are just allegations
I m not saying kjv is 100% perfect but 98% sure

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 2:33pm On May 25, 2016
dolphinheart:
READERS PLS NOTE THAT HE COULD NOT GIVE A REPLY TO THE QUESTIONS OR EXPLAIN THE SCRIPTURES SHOWN TO HIM, HENCE HE IS NOW TRYING TO CHANGE THE ISSUE FROM IF JESUS IS FULLY GOD TO MY BEING BORN AGAIN

are we talking about being born again? no
we are talking about Jesus being fully God .

BELOW IS MY RESPONSE TO YOUR POST, PLS RESPOND!

WHAT DID JESUS OUR SAVIOR SAY ABOUT GAINING EVALASTING LIFE?
King James Version
Joh 17:1These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:
Joun 17:2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.
Joh 17:3And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

SOME CLAIM JESUS IS FULLY GOD AND FULLY MAN BUT CAN NOT EXPLAIN HOW JESUS BEING FULLY GOD WAS :
1. Giving authority by someone else
King James Version
[b]Joh 5:26For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;
Joh 5:27And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.

imagine, claiming someone is fully God yet he being given authority by someone else!

2. giving power by someone else
King James Version
Joh 3:35The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand.

English Standard Version
On one of those days, as he was teaching, Pharisees and teachers of the law were sitting there, who had come from every village of Galilee and Judea and from Jerusalem. And the power of the Lord was with him to heal.

Guys, check out the only true god!
Jer 27:4Give them this command for their masters: “‘“This is what Jehovah of armies, the God of Israel, says; this is what you should say to your masters,
Jer 27:5‘It is I who made the earth, mankind, and the beasts that are on the surface of the earth by my great power and by my outstretched arm; and I have given it to whomever I please.

can you guys see the difference!, yet they claim jesus is fully God.

3. Is not able to take any initiative by himself except what he sees another doing.

King James Version
Joh 5:19Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.
imagine fully God can do nothing of himself.

4. will be shown greater works
King James Version
Joh 5:20For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.

5. calls someone else his God.
[b]King James Version
Joh 20:17Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

6.cannot give certain things
King James Version
Mt 20:23And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my Father.

7. does not know certain things
matt 24:36 English Standard Version
“But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only.

8. fully God and yet said this.
King James Version
Mt 27:46And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

SOME PREFER TO USE UNSCRIPTURAL WORDS AND TERMS TO DESCRIBE JESUS, BUT WHAT DOES THE SCRIPTURES SAY WHEN JESUS CAME TO EARTH.

john 1:14
English Standard Version
And the Word BECAME FLESH and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the ONLY SON FROM THE FATHER, full of grace and truth.

King James Bible
And the Word was MADE FLESH , and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

did that verse say Jesus added flesh to his divine nature? no
did it say Jesus had two natures? no
what glory did it say we beheld , God ? no , son of God !
JESUS WAS MADE FLESH, JESUS BECAME FLESH!

WHEN JESUS BECAME FLESH, DID HE RETAIN PART OF HIS DIVINE NATURE , TALK LESS OF ALL OF HIS DIVINE NATURE?

phil 2:7
English Standard Version
color=red]BUT EMPTIED HIMSELF[/color]but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men

International Standard Version
Instead, poured out in emptiness, a servant's form did he possess, A MORTAL MAN BECOMING. In human form he chose to be,

Isa 53:2, 3He will come up like a twig before him, like a root out of parched land. No stately form does he have, nor any splendor; And when we see him, his appearance does not draw us to him.3He was despised and was avoided by men, A man who was meant for pains and was familiar with sickness. It was as if his face were hidden from us. He was despised, and we held him as of no account.

brocab, you know I like asking you questions, telling you to explain the scriptures to me and expecially to thousands of people reading this thread. so pls brocab can you explain this two scriptures?

King James Version
Da 7:13I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.
Da 7:14And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

who is the Lamb and who is the ancient of days?

*READERS SHOULD NOTE IF HE WILL EXPLAIN
hey hypocrite have you answered my questions? Here they are again
1. What do you mean by Jesus has same nature as God show me where you explained
2.Do you agree that the father called Jesus God?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 4:22pm On May 25, 2016
solite3:
first of all I am not sure you understood what the post was all about.

I do understand what the post was about, it's from a Web page that tried to give surr port to the Textus Receptus by undermining older manuscripts and texts.
It feels that the best way to defend it's own established flaws is to attack the perceived flaws of the manuscripts it deferred from.

Let me give you a brief explanation while you go back and read.
The book of revelation is the most difficult text to translate. Why?
I. There are only few manuscript available
fortunately we are discussing about rev 1:11 and the addition of " Alpha and omega" and not about the book of revelation.
so far, you have just tried to discredit older manuscripts , but you have failed to show how the Textus Receptus came about the word "Alpha and omega" found in rev 1:11
even in your attempt to discredit those manuscripts, you could not discredit there record of rev 1:11. You believe that making a general reference to perceived flaws in them will affect the credibility of that verse, but I can bet you will balk at it if the same method you are trying to use is used for the Textus Receptus.
let's even use it:
it is generally believed that the Textus Receptus contained a lot of flaws, flaws that it's author even acknowledged. This proves that the textus Receptus is flawed when it added "Alpha and omega to revelation 1:11!

ii. Most of these manuscript are incomplete
Does the few that have rev 1:11 in them include the words "Alpha and omega", if so, which one!?

iii. the late canonisation of revelation may be due to it's early corruption

I thought you have done the research , why are you still dealing in assumptions and allegations?
is the late canonisation of the book of Revelation caused by its early corruption? answer and add proof.
is rev 1:11 currupted in the earliest manuscripts?

iv. The church fathers may have possess the authentic one which was also used by the textus receptus
another explanation based on assumptions .
The earlier manuscripts that had rev 1:11, are hundreds of years older than the one in the hands of the church fathers, who had already decided that trinity is part of their doctrines.
do you realise that one of the proven allegations about Erasmus texts is the inclusion of words which are not part of the original texts, which are written in margins by the copyist into the original texts to make it look as if the original writer put it THERE?

moreover, you have failed to tell us this manuscript that is in possession of these church fathers, that the Textus Receptus copied rev 1:11 from!

v.the so called early manuscripts have been proven to have variants.
good, give us one example of the variants of rev 1:11 since you have proven to have variants.

vi. Modern translations just follow this so called early manuscript only because they are "early" not mining if it was inspired or not
vii. There is high probability that these early manuscripts were not genuine but these modern translations rush to use them because they want to be different from the KJV and because they want to make money

you and allegations sha!
pls let's deal with facts naw!, how can you now be saying you have facts when all you do is talk about allegations!

Let me stop here
KJV still remains the best translation quote me any where
As for your allegations, they are just allegations
I m not saying kjv is 100% perfect but 98% sure

pls dnt stop, pls tell us how the Textus Receptus come about the words it added to rev 1:11, ""Alpha and omega". where did it get it from?

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by goodnews201668: 4:57pm On May 25, 2016
brocab:
Yes, do you have a spirit?

Yes I do. As far as I am alive!
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by goodnews201668: 5:01pm On May 25, 2016
brocab:
Of course we all believe you" Jesus is Michael the archangel, the first born of all creation. Of course you know God better then us believers.

Which believers? You that said son is also the father, even when you see clearly that they are separate individuals and that the son subject to the father.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by goodnews201668: 5:02pm On May 25, 2016
brocab:
Yes that was the only thing I saw in that post that I found interesting enough to read.

You are free to see whatever u like, no wonder!
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 5:07pm On May 25, 2016
solite3:
hey hypocrite have you answered my questions? Here they are again
1. What do you mean by Jesus has same nature as God show me where you explained
I view this as another attempt to divert attention from the fact that you and brocab cannot answer some questions. You have totally ignored the fact that you lied against me when you claimed I made a statement relating to Jesus having one nature with God .
You have asked me to point to where I explained my words, I did so.
You say that's not enough that I should repost them, I did that
now you are still repeating that I should show you where I explained, all this while refusing to modify your deliberately muddled up reply to those posts where I explained what I said. you quoted and replied those quotes(albeit it was muddled up with you attributing fo your own post some of my own words).
If you decide to stay blind to the words I posted, there is nothing I can do about it, but it should not stop you from answering questions posted to you long before that.

2.Do you agree that the father called Jesus God?

do you know when you asked me this question, it was because I asked you a question that you can't answer , hence like a dubious person you decided to answer back with a question.

READERS CAN FIND THIS CONVERSION IN HIS POST MADE ON MAY 19 ,9:54PM.

I ASKED SOLITE3 THIS QUESTIONS

JESUS HAS A GOD ? YES OR NO
JESUS IS SUBJECTED TO THAT GOD ? YES OR NO
IF JESUS HAVE A GOD, HOW CAN HE THEN BE GOD ALMIGHTY!

he could not answer the question above but felt it's cool to answer a question with a question.
that was why I replied him with this :

"only dubious people answer question with a question, hope you are not dubious . If you are not, then pls answer the question, then you can ask yours!"

HE CALLED ME A HYPOCRITE, YET FOR WEEKS HE COULD NOT ANSWER THE QUESTIONS BELOW
your questions are still pending
Jesus has a God, yes or no,?
Jesus is subjected to that God , yes or no
if Jesus has a God, how can He then be almighty God ?

2. on April 27 jEphz
"for those saying Jesus is God.. pls. explain these Scripture for me ... Ephesians 5:1,2 1timothy 2:5 John 8:42 Act 2:22 Hebrews 12:2...... "

3. April 29
" the God of our Lord Jesus Christ " Eph 1:17, who is the God of Jesus Christ ?

4. "You say Jesus is still a man in heaven, you also say Jesus has a God when he was a man.
NOW DOES Jesus STILL HAVE A GOD IN HEAVEN?"

who anointed Jesus? who is that person to Jesus?
you can see that the questions are numbered, so dnt muddle it up , or give part response

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Jozzy4: 7:27pm On May 25, 2016
Barristter07:
Solite3

Solite3 , with regards to your statement above , ... Which was made in your response to dolphinheart.

the authorised version actually refer to the holyspirit as an ' IT ' @ Romans 8:16

"
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God "

do u agree with the most Trusted authorised version that the holyspirit is an " IT " ?

chai ! where is solite3 kjv defender

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 12:05am On May 26, 2016
dolphinheart you ask for answers, so we good Christians give them to you, and then you refuse them, by comparing the scriptures, you have argued over words that is written in the bibles, you are trying to turn the word of God against each other, and of course you are calling us lairs because "we" as in you" have shared the word from these bibles we all read from.
Really how can anyone take you serious? Everyone who has access to the net, can find all the information they need about the word. Truly "you are mocking not ourselves' but you are mocking the word of God.
What your problem is your blindness can only take you further away from the truth.
dolphinheart:

I view this as another attempt to divert attention from the fact that you and brocab cannot answer some questions. You have totally ignored the fact that you lied against me when you claimed I made a statement relating to Jesus having one nature with God .
You have asked me to point to where I explained my words, I did so.
You say that's not enough that I should repost them, I did that
now you are still repeating that I should show you where I explained, all this while refusing to modify your deliberately muddled up reply to those posts where I explained what I said. you quoted and replied those quotes(albeit it was muddled up with you attributing fo your own post some of my own words).
If you decide to stay blind to the words I posted, there is nothing I can do about it, but it should not stop you from answering questions posted to you long before that.

do you know when you asked me this question, it was because I asked you a question that you can't answer , hence like a dubious person you decided to answer back with a question.

READERS CAN FIND THIS CONVERSION IN HIS POST MADE ON MAY 19 ,9:54PM.

I ASKED SOLITE3 THIS QUESTIONS

JESUS HAS A GOD ? YES OR NO
JESUS IS SUBJECTED TO THAT GOD ? YES OR NO
IF JESUS HAVE A GOD, HOW CAN HE THEN BE GOD ALMIGHTY!

he could not answer the question above but felt it's cool to answer a question with a question.
that was why I replied him with this :

"only dubious people answer question with a question, hope you are not dubious . If you are not, then pls answer the question, then you can ask yours!"

HE CALLED ME A HYPOCRITE, YET FOR WEEKS HE COULD NOT ANSWER THE QUESTIONS BELOW
your questions are still pending
Jesus has a God, yes or no,?
Jesus is subjected to that God , yes or no
if Jesus has a God, how can He then be almighty God ?

2. on April 27 jEphz
"for those saying Jesus is God.. pls. explain these Scripture for me ... Ephesians 5:1,2 1timothy 2:5 John 8:42 Act 2:22 Hebrews 12:2...... "

3. April 29
" the God of our Lord Jesus Christ " Eph 1:17, who is the God of Jesus Christ ?

4. "You say Jesus is still a man in heaven, you also say Jesus has a God when he was a man.
NOW DOES Jesus STILL HAVE A GOD IN HEAVEN?"

who anointed Jesus? who is that person to Jesus?
you can see that the questions are numbered, so dnt muddle it up , or give part response
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 12:18am On May 26, 2016
That is true. And theirs no wondering why I see such.
goodnews201668:

You are free to see whatever u like, no wonder!
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 12:20am On May 26, 2016
Barristter07:

johnw74

lie lie John

a disciple said to Jesus look out ... grin grin no disciple said so.

Nairaland will not forget that lie.

I never said IT was in the bible , BUT grin you can search the translations for IT

IT is not in the bible, but john opined IT can be search for at where ? bible translations.

Lie Lie John

@red, Why you concerned what Nairaland think,

in your head you think I said a lie

here are more false jw lies, not just one, it must be scores by now, and many more to come:

“Jehovah God has also provided his visible organization, his
‘faithful and discreet slave,’ made up of spirit-anointed ones,
to help Christiansin all nations to understand and apply properly
the Bible in their lives. Unless we are in touch with this
channel of communication that God is using, we will not
progress along the road to life, no matter how much Bible
reading we do.” (The Watchtower, 12-1-81, p. 27)

The importance of Eve’s creation
to the end of the world and 1975
The Watchtower Society claims Armageddon will
come within 6,000 years after the date of Eve’s creation. In
other words, if we add 6,000 yearsto the date of Eve’s creation
we will arrive at the date of the end of the world. The
Watchtower declares there is but one problem, that is, no one
knows the date of Eve’s creation. However, this was NOT a
problem BEFORE September 1975! The reason for this
cover-up is obvious!
This is what the Watchtower said about
Eve’s creation and 1975 AFTER Sept. 1975
“Although the time of Adam’s creation can be determined,
the beginning of God’s ‘rest day’ cannot. This is so because
there was a time lapse of unspecified length between Adam’s
creation and the creation of Eve. Not until after the creation
of Eve did God’s ‘rest day’ begin. The start of that day being
unknown, its end is likewise unknown.” (The Watchtower,
1-1-76, p. 30)
“Does this mean, then, that mankind has not reached 6,000
yearsinto the 7,000-year period that God ‘blessed and made
sacred’ as his great ‘rest day’? Does it mean that Christ’s
millennial Kingdom rule, as the final 1,000 years of that ‘rest
day,’ is to be reckoned from September 1975?-Gen. 1:27, 31;
2:2,3; Rev. 20:1-6. No, it does not mean that. Why not?
Well, the Bible record shows that God’s creations on the
‘day’ just preceding that 7,000-year ‘rest day’ did not end
with Adam’s creation. It shows a time lapse between the
creation of Adam and that of his wife, Eve. During that time,
God had Adam name the animals. Whether that period
amounted to weeks or months or years, we do not know. So
we do not know exactly when Jehovah’s great ‘rest day’
began, nor do we know exactly when it will end. The same
applies to the beginning of Christ’s millennial reign.” (The
Watchtower, 10-1-75, p. 579)

http://www.evangelicaloutreach.org/jehovahs-witnesses-answered.htm

to be continued @ dolphinheart

more truth on the sect that is called jehovahs' witnesses at these sites:

http://jwfacts.com/

https://carm.org/jehovahs-witnesses
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 12:24am On May 26, 2016
dolphinheart:

yes , because Im happy that you know that anytime they quote the scriptures for you, you remember that you dnt discuss with them. and these is a true statement!

that's the fourth time you say the same lie,

I did say false jw was queer didn't I

[img]http://jwfacts.com[/img] for you smiley

here are more false jw lies to add to your own:

This is what the Watchtower said about
Eve’s creation and 1975 BEFORE 1975
“According to reliable Bible chronology, Adam and Eve
were created in 4026 B.C.E.” (Awake!, 10-8-68, p. 14)
“Therefore, God’s seventh day and the time man has been on
earth apparently run parallel. To calculate where man is in the
stream of time relative to God’s seventh day of 7,000 years,
we need to determine how long a time has elapsed from the
year of Adam and Eve’s creation in 4026 B.C.E. ....Thus,
eight yearsremain to account for a full 6,000 years of the
seventh day. Eight yearsfrom the autumn of 1967 would
bring us to the autumn of 1975, fully 6,000 yearsinto God’s
seventh day, his rest day.” (The Watchtower, 5-1-68, p. 271)
“At the age of 130 another son was born to her. Eve called
his name Seth....” (Aid to Bible Understanding, 1971 ed., p.
538). If this information is compared to the chart in the lower
right-hand corner of page 333 of the same volume, one will
see, “From Adam’s creation to the birth of Seth” was “130
years”. Hence, both Adam and Eve were 130 years old when
Seth was born, implying they were both created in the same
year.
“It would not be by mere chance or accident but would be
according to the loving purpose of Jehovah God for the reign
of Jesus Christ, the ‘Lord of the sabbath,’ to run parallel with
the seventh millenniumof man’s existence.” (Life
Everlasting-In Freedom of the Sons of God, p. 30)
“Even if one cannot see beyond 1975, is this any reason to be
less active? The apostles could not see even this far; they
knew nothing about 1975....If they had delayed or dillydallied
and had been complacent with the idea the end was some
thousands of years off they would never have finished
running the race set before them.” (The Watchtower, 8-15-68,
p. 501)
“Yes, the end of this system is so very near! Is that not
reason to increase our activity?...Reports are heard of
brothers selling their homes and property and planning to
finish out the rest of their days in this old system in the
pioneer service. Certainly this is a fine way to spend the short
time remaining before the wicked world’s end.” (Kingdom
Ministry, May 1974, p. 3) [Question: Was this sound counsel
offered by the Society? What do you think happened to those
who sold their homes and property and spent all the money,
after it was apparent that they were misled about 1975? What
would you have done?]

http://www.evangelicaloutreach.org/jehovahs-witnesses-answered.htm

to be continued tomorrow

more truth on the sect that is called jehovahs' witnesses at these sites:

http://jwfacts.com/

https://carm.org/jehovahs-witnesses

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 12:33am On May 26, 2016
And with your "spirit" and your "flesh and blood" these two "live as One, and you are alive.
Jesus had a "Spirit" too, His "Spirit was God"s Spirit" Both "Spirit" and "flesh and blood" became One, and living. The Father lived in Jesus and Jesus lived in the Father.
And Jesus said I Am alive.
goodnews201668:

Yes I do. As far as I am alive!
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by goodnews201668: 12:46am On May 26, 2016
brocab:
And with your "spirit" and your "flesh and blood" these two "live as One, and you are alive.
Jesus had a "Spirit" too, His "Spirit was God"s Spirit" Both "Spirit" and "flesh and blood" became One, and living. The Father lived in Jesus and Jesus lived in the Father.
And Jesus said I Am alive.

Father lived in Jesus and Jesus lived in father?
Jesus is the father because he has God's spirit?
So you are saying my spirit is another person living inside me?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by goodnews201668: 12:47am On May 26, 2016
brocab:
That is true. And theirs no wondering why I see such.

So why are you avoiding dolphinheart questions? You read the part you like.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 12:55am On May 26, 2016
That's a big change from you, I thought JW's only believe in the Holy Spirit is something of a active force. And how does an "IT" testify to another Spirit
Barristter07:
Solite3

Solite3 , with regards to your statement above , ... Which was made in your response to dolphinheart.

the authorised version actually refer to the holyspirit as an ' IT ' @ Romans 8:16

"
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God "

do u agree with the most Trusted authorised version that the holyspirit is an " IT " ?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 1:03am On May 26, 2016
If I wanted to read a book I would. But in any conversation, I find it is best to keep it sort and simple, this way we could have a good conversation.
But when the other party only want's to do all the talking, not allowing to other to speak, then the conversation ends up not being a conversation, but a loud mouth who thinks he knows it all. Have I just described dolphinheart.
goodnews201668:

So why are you avoiding dolphinheart questions? You read the part you like.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 1:12am On May 26, 2016
brocab:
If I wanted to read a book I would. But in any conversation, I find it is best to keep it sort and simple, this way we could have a good conversation.
But when the other party only want's to do all the talking, not allowing to other to speak, then the conversation ends up not being a conversation, but a loud mouth who thinks he knows it all. Have I just described dolphinheart.

@bold, yes but you are being mild and Charitable smiley
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 1:37am On May 26, 2016
brocab:
That's a big change from you, I thought JW's only believe in the Holy Spirit is something of a active force. And how does an "IT" testify to another Spirit

bro, there are so many Bible verses showing that the Holy Spirit is personable,
and there is no forgiveness for any who blaspheme against the Holy Spirit, and yet false jw say the Holy Spirit is an "it".

They will hold onto one verse and disbelieve a multitude.

God is a Spirit, and God is Holy, Christians know that the Holy Spirit is God, and not an "it",
false jw blaspheme all over the place.

They know nothing but lies, taught them originally by the father of lies.

Joh_8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

@underline, along with satan, the pharasees were part of murdering Jesus Christ.

false jw blaspheme God preaching that Jesus Christ is "a god"
and that the Holy Spirit is an "it"

dolphinheart said that God and the Word is "a two headed god"

You should do what I do, and not commune with them except to show up some of their lies now and then,
we are not supposed to throw our pearls (truth) to dogs and swine.

Jesus said:
Mat_7:6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

^^^
That's what false jw do isnt it, with all the scriptures we post to them,
they trample them under their feet and then turn and attack you.

There is much in the Bible about pharasee jw and other sectarians and non believers.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 1:46am On May 26, 2016
To explain these 3 questions lets look what the bible had said, but my question is to you, do you honestly believe in the scriptures?
{John 17:21} Father just as you are in Me I am in you.
{Romans 8:11} And if the Spirit of Him {God} who raised Jesus from the dead IS LIVING IN YOU" He who raise Christ from the dead, will also give live to your mortal bodies because of His Spirit who lives in you.
Human beings have been created with a Spirit Soul and body {Genesis 1:27} So God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him male and female.
{Thessalonians 5:23} So may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely, and may our hole Spirit and Soul and Body be kept blameless at the coming of our lord Jesus Christ.
It has been said we are not bodies with souls, we are souls with bodies, The body" the outer man is our physical housing which we experience the world. Our bodies function primarily through the five senses and by meeting innate that drives us to eat, drink and sleep, our bodies are not evil but are gifts from God. He desire that we surrender our bodies as living sacrifices to Him {Romans 12:1-2}
When we accept God's gift of salvation through Christ, our bodies become temples of the Holy Spirit. {1 Corinthians 6:19-20, 3:16}
goodnews201668:

Father lived in Jesus and Jesus lived in father?
Jesus is the father because he has God's spirit?
So you are saying my spirit is another person living inside me?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 1:53am On May 26, 2016
Did dolphinheart say that, God and the word is a two headed god".
johnw74:

bro, there are so many Bible verses showing that the Holy Spirit is personable,
and there is no forgiveness for any who blaspheme against the Holy Spirit, and yet false jw say the Holy Spirit is an "it".

They will hold onto one verse and disbelieve a multitude.

God is a Spirit, and God is Holy, Christians know that the Holy Spirit is God, and not an "it",
false jw blaspheme all over the place.

They know nothing but lies, taught them originally by the father of lies.

Joh_8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

@underline, the pharasees were part of murdering Jesus Christ.

false jw blaspheme God preaching that Jesus Christ is "a god"
and that the Holy Spirit is an "it"

dolphinheart said that God and the Word is "a two headed god"

You should do what I do, and not commune with them except to show up some of their lies now and then,
we are not supposed to throw our pearls (truth) to dogs and swine.

Jesus said:
Mat_7:6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

^^^
That's what false jw do isnt it, with all the scriptures we post to them,
they trample them under their feet and then turn and attack you.

There is much in the Bible about pharasee jw and other sectarians and non believers.

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 2:02am On May 26, 2016
Am I a little bit mild and charitable speaking about dolphinheart should I become more on the darker side like him, spreading evil for evil.
johnw74:

@bold, yes but you are being mild and Charitable smiley
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 2:11am On May 26, 2016
brocab:
Did dolphinheart say that, God and the word is a two headed god".

Yes, I showed with scripture that "God and the Word is God"

dolphinheart replied "your god is a two headed god"

it's a long time back, do you want me to find and post it?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 2:14am On May 26, 2016
No I believe you. But anyway everyone around the world knows how to find the corruption about the JW's like this One.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOKesbiQyWs
johnw74:

Yes, I showed with scripture that "God and the Word is God"

dolphinheart replied "your god is a two headed god"

it's a long time back, do you want me to find and post it?

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 2:17am On May 26, 2016
brocab:
Am I a little bit mild and charitable speaking about dolphinheart should I become more on the darker side like him, spreading evil for evil.

false jw's lies, and not believing many Bible verses etc. is evil

showing up their lies and disbelief of Bible verses etc, is not spreading evil for evil

one is lies, the other is truth which is never evil.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 2:24am On May 26, 2016
brocab:
No I believe you. But anyway everyone around the world knows how to find the corruption about the JW's like this One.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOKesbiQyWs

that's funny isn't it,
a cross on the watch tower mag.

yet false jw say Jesus was nailed to a stake

lies everywhere in false jw literature,
and with what they say here,
I cannot possibly post even a fraction of it.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 2:52am On May 26, 2016
Mat_23:15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.

Luk 11:39 And the Lord said unto him, Now do ye Pharisees make clean the outside of the cup and the platter; but your inward part is full of ravening and wickedness.
Luk 11:40 Ye fools, did not he that made that which is without make that which is within also?

Jesus called the pharasees hypocrites and fools, which is not saying evil for evil, but is saying the truth

see also in verse 15 the pharasees compass sea and land to preach their lies and get new recruits,
just like pharasee jw's today still do.

There is much in the bible about false jw and other sectarian and non believers,
describing them to a T.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 3:18am On May 26, 2016
Watchtower Child Abuse Policies

Watchtower is coming under increasing scrutiny for how they have dealt with pedophiles by the media and courts. This includes an Australian Royal Commission in 2015 finding Watchtower procedures to be out of date and damaging to victims, $13.5 million awarded to Lopez in 2014, and the 2012 case Candice Jane Doe vs Watchtower resulting in a judgement against Watchtower to pay $2.8 million dollars in damages. This article explains Watchtower policy regarding child abuse, and how these policies have provided protection for known pedophiles to continue offending within congregations.

continue reading: http://jwfacts.com/watchtower/paedophilia.php

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Barristter07: 5:49am On May 26, 2016
johnw74

johnw74:

Mat_23:15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.

Luk 11:39 And the Lord said unto him, Now do ye Pharisees make clean the outside of the cup and the platter; but your inward part is full of ravening and wickedness.
Luk 11:40 Ye fools, did not he that made that which is without make that which is within also?

Jesus called the pharasees hypocrites and fools, which is not saying evil for evil, but is saying the truth

see also in verse 15 the pharasees compass sea and land to preach their lies and get new recruits,

There is much in the bible about false jw and other sectarian and non believers,
describing them to a T.

[size=28] Lie lie John grin [/size]
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 6:15am On May 26, 2016
Barristter07:

johnw74

No not Lie Lie, those Bible verses are true,
but I know you don't believe them, along with a multitude of other Bible verses that you don't believe.

johnw74:

describing them to a T.

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 6:27am On May 26, 2016
Barristter07:

johnw74

No you surely do err,
but here is Lie Lie barristter from false jw:

Supposed jw's early teachings:

1799- last days began

1874 - Start of Jesus' invisible presence

1878 - Jesus became King in Heaven

1914 - End of the world

Have a look here also: https://www.nairaland.com/3033798/compilation-1975-end-world-watchtower#44652819

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 7:18am On May 26, 2016
continue reading Generation article here:
http://jwfacts.com/watchtower/generation.php

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (278) (Reply)

Sincere Milk — "Expectation From God" / Nairaland Bible Quiz-you can join anytime... / Dreams And Their Meanings/ Interpretation

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 158
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.