Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,624 members, 7,820,211 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:28 AM

Murtala Mohammed's 77th Posthumous Birthday Is Today - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Murtala Mohammed's 77th Posthumous Birthday Is Today (10702 Views)

Obasanjo Saluting The Corpse Of Murtala Mohammed (Throwback Photo) / Theophilus Danjuma Celebrates His 77th Birthday Today! / General Murtala Mohammed's Burial And Corpse (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Murtala Mohammed's 77th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Tedassie(m): 2:03pm On Nov 08, 2015
jnrbayano:
Does a dead person hear a happy birthday wish?

I see incredible things often in this country.

Why not just write "remembrance"?
abi o,and most of them will claim they attended school
Re: Murtala Mohammed's 77th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by deramarks(f): 2:18pm On Nov 08, 2015
cheruv:

This babe is a quite a naughty one undecided lemme start following her about cool
. Lol follow follow go back jhoor
Re: Murtala Mohammed's 77th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by taofeektaiwo(m): 2:40pm On Nov 08, 2015
unless igbos rule dey are not satisfied wasn't it aguyi ronsi an igbo general who started coup in 1966 killing northerners
BigBenoski:
I'm sure the the blood of the civilians he massacred in Asaba during the war would not let him rest in peace
Re: Murtala Mohammed's 77th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by TeamSimple(m): 2:53pm On Nov 08, 2015
Sweetguy25:
Whats it with you Nigerian Youths celebrating idiots who contributed to making to country this a shithole? It's damn annoying! Murtala Muhammed, Gowon, Obasanajo, Shagari, Buhari, IBB, Abacha, Abdusalami are responsible for the destruction of Nigeria.
That Nigeria is a useless country today is the fault of these men.
Celebrating them amounts to slavery, ignorance and stupidity.
Aguyi Ironsi,Jonathan Inclusive
Re: Murtala Mohammed's 77th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by TeamSimple(m): 2:54pm On Nov 08, 2015
Sweetguy25:

Why do you celebrate christmas then?
Omo see response shocked. I crate of origin with pot of isi ewu for you cool
Re: Murtala Mohammed's 77th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Usman212s: 4:14pm On Nov 08, 2015
hardywaltz:
War criminal Lived by the gun Died by the gun
Rest in pieces...
Scumbag.
The day he died Asaba people held a carnival that lasted over a week.
you can know biafran dogs by their comments
Re: Murtala Mohammed's 77th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by hardywaltz(m): 4:15pm On Nov 08, 2015
Usman212s:
you can know biafran dogs by their comments

Abokí pls look for shoe to shine this afternoon...
Re: Murtala Mohammed's 77th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Nobody: 4:20pm On Nov 08, 2015
That act alone destroyed Nigeria in ways that can never fully be reversed. It introduced the let me take care of myself and not the country into the engine of national building (the civil service). His act and those of babangida(who introduced this same way of life into the national thinking and way of life) literally set this nation on a path of destruction which can never really be reversed.

kingzizzy:

murtala then embarked on a mass purge of the civil service where he sacked over 11,000 workers nationwide which included some of the best and brightest.

[/b]
Re: Murtala Mohammed's 77th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by tunde1200(m): 5:34pm On Nov 08, 2015
Igbos and their hateful coments since 1871!!.
Let's learn to forgive and move forward!.
Re: Murtala Mohammed's 77th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Adminisher: 6:06pm On Nov 08, 2015
Extremely courageous, visionary, self sacrificing, rective, dynamic, violent, impatient, foolhardy. This man was the inspirer of radical progressive governance in Nigeria.

When he was Head of State , Nigeria was respected and feared. S. Africa , Zimbabwe would probably not be independent and free of apartheid without this man.
Re: Murtala Mohammed's 77th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Adminisher: 6:15pm On Nov 08, 2015
tunde1200:
Igbos and their hateful coments since 1871!!.
Let's learn to forgive and move forward!.

The only man Ojukwu feared in the NA was his quiet , radical , emotional ex student Murtala Muhammed.
Upon reflection maybe Nzeogwu and his well meaning band of soldiers should not have started killing Northern Emirs or maybe should have done same in the East for some balance.
Soldiers like Muhammed were planted in the Army by the Sardauna for only one reason.

The Ibos were extremely lucky that it was Gowon that became Head of State and not Murtala although as typical they still stupidly disrespect Gowon on social media. If Muhammed had been Head of State. God thank you that you in your omniscience did not allow it.
I believe Ojukwu would not hacve even run away as the risk to a surrendering Biafra would have been infinite with Murtala . Ojukwu was sure with Jack , things were always calibrated .
Anytime we see mis informed Ibo kids (lied to by their parents ) abusing Gowon we laugh sadly and knowingly. Small pikin no know anything
Re: Murtala Mohammed's 77th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Adminisher: 6:27pm On Nov 08, 2015
kingzizzy:
Murtala was the Devils incarnate! He was the depiction of evil and everything that is bad about Nigeria. It is so horrible that we honour and keep honouring this man after all the evil he committed in his life time

[b]The sins of murtala:

1) murtala Mohammed led a band of Northern military officers which included the current president Buhari,Danjuma,Babangida,Abacha,Jerry Useni, the late Yaradua senior amongst others in the counter coup of July 1966 were they killed Ironsi and massacred over 300 eastern officers.

2) murtala and his troops massacred over 700 civilian men, women and children who came to welcome him and his troops as they entered Asaba at start of the war

3) murtala despite sound advice and in a bid to increase his popularity led thousands of Nigerian Soldiers to their deaths as he tried to cross the river Niger into Onitsha on 3 separate attempts (The then Lt Oladipo Diya almost lost his life in one of those attempts). Subsequently, Mutala was recalled from the war and sent to London while his men lay dead under the River Niger.

4) murtala became the first Military officer in Nigeria who conducted a coup to sieze political power for him self when he kicked out Gowon. Even Nzeogwu had no interest in becoming president in his own coup. murtala then in one of the biggest acts of Military indiscipline then retired everyone who was above him in rank promoted him self from a one star Brigadier General to a full four star Genera in one go. murtala became the face of Northern military domination of Nigeria.

murtala then embarked on a mass purge of the civil service where he sacked over 11,000 workers nationwide which included some of the best and brightest.

murtala was a war criminal, a homicidal killer, a failed Soldier,a sociopath and national disgrace

[/b]

Yes Murtala rightful defeated a lot of Ibo rebel officers. There are many more in the NA to finish the job.
He is still Nigeria's best leader by far and on many levels. Nigeria was alive vibrant and dynamic with him as Head of State. When you compare to the extremely dull and stupid Goodluck, the uninspiring Shonekan or the over-gentle Shagari you begin to understand the sayings "living dead" and "manhood living on" lol.
Re: Murtala Mohammed's 77th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by kingzizzy: 6:32pm On Nov 08, 2015
Adminisher:

Yes Murtala rightful defeated a lot of Ibo rebel officers. There are many more in the NA to finish the job.
He is still Nigeria's best leader by far and on many levels. Nigeria was alive vibrant and dynamic with him as Head of State. When you compare to the extremely dull and stupid Goodluck, the uninspiring Shonekan or the over-gentle Shagari you begin to understand the sayings "living dead" and "manhood living on" lol.

Well, if you can defend a genocidal killer like Murtala Mohammed as a good leader then you better see your psychiatrist because all is not well with you upstairs
Re: Murtala Mohammed's 77th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by tunde1200(m): 6:47pm On Nov 08, 2015
grin
Exactly

Adminisher:

The only man Ojukwu feared in the NA was his quiet , radical , emotional ex student Murtala Muhammed.
Upon reflection maybe Nzeogwu and his well meaning band of soldiers should not have started killing Northern Emirs or maybe should have done same in the East for some balance.
Soldiers like Muhammed were planted in the Army by the Sardauna for only one reason.

The Ibos were extremely lucky that it was Gowon that became Head of State and not Murtala although as typical they still stupidly disrespect Gowon on social media. If Muhammed had been Head of State. God thank you that you in your omniscience did not allow it.
I believe Ojukwu would not hacve even run away as the risk to a surrendering Biafra would have been infinite with Murtala . Ojukwu was sure with Jack , things were always calibrated .
Anytime we see mis informed Ibo kids (lied to by their parents ) abusing Gowon we laugh sadly and knowingly. Small pikin no know anything
Re: Murtala Mohammed's 77th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by babestella: 8:14pm On Nov 08, 2015
texazzpete:

All the civilian presidents have had a role in mismanaging Nigeria too.

I'm sure you're an IPOB youth, this one that you cleverly refused to put anyone from the South East in your list of villains.

Pls kindly add the south easterners' name on the list. I'd be glad if you could.
Re: Murtala Mohammed's 77th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by texazzpete(m): 9:27pm On Nov 08, 2015
babestella:

Pls kindly add the south easterners' name on the list. I'd be glad if you could.

Aguiyi-ironsi?
Re: Murtala Mohammed's 77th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by naijacentric(m): 12:52am On Nov 09, 2015
happy buyday naija's best president we miss u dearly rip sir
Re: Murtala Mohammed's 77th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by cheruv: 6:01pm On Nov 09, 2015
deramarks:
. Lol follow follow go back jhoor
I can't imagine I was banned from NL for a day kos I was trying appreciate God's creation undecided
Anyway just add me up on BBM let's kick off from there smiley the needle is 5638ABA5 cool
Re: Murtala Mohammed's 77th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by deramarks(f): 6:55pm On Nov 09, 2015
cheruv:

I can't imagine I was banned from NL for a day kos I was trying appreciate God's creation undecided
Anyway just add me up on BBM let's kick off from there smiley the needle is 5638ABA5 cool
. Wu banned u? Nd y?
Re: Murtala Mohammed's 77th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by cheruv: 6:59pm On Nov 09, 2015
deramarks:
. Wu banned u? Nd y?
Nne,
The thing gbakwaram arra oo shockedgrin na by 3pm today the thing free me.
Anyway you don add up
Re: Murtala Mohammed's 77th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Adminisher: 7:05pm On Nov 09, 2015
kingzizzy:

Well, if you can defend a genocidal killer like Murtala Mohammed as a good leader then you better see your psychiatrist because all is not well with you upstairs

You are completely missed informed. Nzeogwu is my hero bit that guy stormed into Sardauna's residence and killed , not arrested and unharmed civilian . His buddies took Largema, Maimalari and so many officers of Northern extraction and killed them. I want you to imagine...it is not easy for Ibos to imagine ...but imagine what must be going through the minds of Hausa Fulani soldiers. Ask yourselves what they must be asking themselves, what their people must be asking of them.
Anybody or people who don't have empathy are good as dead. At the time Murtala's troops were committing genocide do you think they felt they were killing human beings. And to think that Ojukwu also was sending a column of troops to conquer Lagos , so you know what terrible things the opposing Nigerian Army going through mid west must be thinking. In any case this man was barely 26 years old at this time he was young, sad and very very angry.

Let me give you good advice. Anybody telling you about Biafra run away from them.
Re: Murtala Mohammed's 77th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Adminisher: 7:13pm On Nov 09, 2015
thotsofnaij:
That act alone destroyed Nigeria in ways that can never fully be reversed. It introduced the let me take care of myself and not the country into the engine of national building (the civil service). His act and those of babangida(who introduced this same way of life into the national thinking and way of life) literally set this nation on a path of destruction which can never really be reversed.

Wrong wrong wrong.
The people sacked were mostly corrupt. They were taking 10% on contracts, they racketed import licenses and imported cement, fish, meat, sugar but mostly cement that covered the whole of Apapa , Ijora and caused the kind of l port congestion never before seen in the third world.

Thousands others had done more than 25 years of service when Muhammed sacked them in the purge. I was in primary school. To give you an example of the civil service in Nigeria. President Azikiwes father was an emoyee of the Nigerian Railways. So there were lots of dead woods.

The purge helped a lot of young graduate civil servants to get promotion .At this time Murtala was driving an ordinary VW beetle and using a small office in Cabinet Office and later Fovant Barracks
Re: Murtala Mohammed's 77th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by deramarks(f): 12:31am On Nov 10, 2015
cheruv:

Nne,
The thing gbakwaram arra oo shockedgrin na by 3pm today the thing free me.
Anyway you don add up
. Yea

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Breaking News: Buhari Extend Invitation To Ifeanyi Ubah / BREAKING: Shame, as FG/Buhari Fails to Pay August Salary on 25th / Gunmen Kill Six, Raze Houses In Kogi Community

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.